Follow

Superboy Prime

Character » Superboy Prime appears in 155 issues.

Once a young high spirited youth in the real world with the powers of Superman, intense trauma had twisted his sense of justice and morals, exacerbated by the corrupted and ineffective heroes of post-Crisis Earth as well as his loss of his destiny as the "Universe's Greatest Protector".

SuperBoy Prime and Silver Age Superman...

SilverMan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By SilverMan91

I was thinking the other day about how their power levels differ and who is more powerfull, and i came to the conclusion that Prime is potentially quite more powerfull than PIS incarnate.  Reason i say this is that SBP came very close to doing some of the things that SA Supes did and SBP is barely in his twenties, like he hasnt matured and had time to develope his power further and still he camose very very close.......any other ideas, am i right or am i wrong?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

Silver Age Superman holds back while Superboy-Prime often just cuts loose

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Primmaster64

They did team up together

SilverMan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SilverMan91

so what do you agree, or what?
    Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Omega-Man

Well for one Prime punched into the 5th Dimension I'm not sure if Silverage ever did that but I know he went though barriers of time and space (even though he is Superman) To be honest no I still think silverage is stronger. Even as Superboy SA Superman towed more than one planet behind him Prime only has ever moved one Planet on it's own. he is close to sliverage but not quite on that scale.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
    slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

SA Superman = Silver age 
    Prime = Bronze age

uknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uknow
    @slacker the hacker: prime= silver age
    prime has strength feats that not even SA superman has and great durability feats
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Primmaster64

They are the same!!!!

Avatar image for alexander121793
    alexander121793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By alexander121793

I may be inclined to disagree with you on that: 

1. Superboy prime's feat don't come close lots of people tend to forgett superboy prime punched threw reality only with alexander luthors help. Pre crisis superman literally sneezed and destroyed a universe, moved a entire solar system, threw a black hole to the end of the universe, blew out the sun, relit the sun, traveled so fast he literal ran to heaven by accident which even flash could not do. 

While you may think it a big deal that superboy prime killed anti-moniter don't forgett when superboy prime killed anti-monitor anti-monitor was actualy weaker than when pre crisis superman fought him. When Pre Crisis Superman fought anti monitor anti monitor had boosted his power by absorbing every universe in the infinite multiverse besides earth 1 and the anti mater universe meaning he had his power boosted by about infinity and the only being who could stalemate him was spectre who has as dc confirmed powers equal to pressence dc's god so long as pressence allowed him to use that much power. That version of anti monitor had to be vastly weakned while he was destracted by spectre and even then it took both superboy prime and earth two superman just to beat him.  

So while prime did kill anti monitor the anti monitor at that time was a shell of what he was during crisis on infinite earths. 

I say superboy prime has close to the power pre crisis superman had when he was a teenager and will most likely equal pre crisis superman during his adult years. 

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrDirector786

Prime isn't as powerful as him based off of feats. SA Superman as a boy tugged a solar system away, tore through dimensions and time-traveled.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By primebonnick

bump yea i agree prime did really grow up yet and only had the guardian energy that made him look so he is stronger even though his last showing was pure bs.

Avatar image for metropoliskid41
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By MetropolisKid41

I think its hard to give a fair comparison because its like comparing apples to oranges, the silver age era and modern/bronze era are written completely different. Silver Age Superman was written way too powerful because little thought was given to what implications continuity-wise those power levels and his actions could lead to. They were never really written by the same writer or in the same era so its hard to compare their power levels. It'd be like comparing a hall of fame baseball player from the 1920's to one nowadays, really can't gauge it on that alone. I think SBP's suit definitely increases his power, and we saw that it took both Kal-El and (a very aged) Kal-L to stop him. There really is no fair way to compare them. Silver Age Supes did some ridiculously powerful things, but ION is supposed to be the most powerful being in the Universe and SBP kicked the shit out of him. So the arguement can go both ways :P

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @MrDirector786 said:
    Prime isn't as powerful as him based off of feats. SA Superman as a boy tugged a solar system away, tore through dimensions and time-traveled.
    tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tensor

Hell no not even close

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy prime has Universe-level+ durability. I haven't read a lot of Pre-Crisis Superman's comics, but as far as I know, Pre-Crisis Superman cannot bust a Universe without the Sword of Superman. So Pre-Crisis Superman cannot do anything to Superboy prime.

Avatar image for gildardovillarruel
    GildardoVillarruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well said bump

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.