Prime Petition

#1 Posted by superboyprime (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I propose a petition to discard the whole last issue of Final Crisis - Legion and everything afterwards relating to Superboy Prime as being non-canon!

1) Superboy can't scar Prime. His strength is at Silver Age Superman levels, even the post-crisis Superman's healing is way too powerful for that clone to have done anything permanent to his skin. It's illogical to have happened canonically. Fix his S scar dammit! 

2) He's unstable but he's not stupid. He wouldn't attack his future self without thinking first. He would have x-rayed the Time Trapper just like he x-rayed the Anti Monitor to see if it was really him. I mean this is the guy that bided his time to attack the Anti-Monitor, the thing that destroyed his universe. He's "not a stupid kid anymore". He learned control and calculation.

3) Superboy IS smart. With Silver Age powers he has super intelligence. Being able to engineer an armor that feeds him sunlight, play both Sinestro and the Anti Monitor, and his often natural awareness of things around him takes genius.

4) He wouldn't kill Laurie. He wouldn't beat Laurie, etc. And yes she died, the sling is a distraction. Prime says he "loved" her. Then a pale zombie Laurie with weird veins in her arms appears with a Black Lantern ring and Prime's reaction was "how?" Kinda gives it away. Anyway that was just uncalled for. Seriously, how freaking corny his last few appearances were. His parents and Laurie going through his comics and seeing "what he did" was just stupid and kiddy? With all the sex, gore, and quantum and complex theories why do these writers insist on throwing in such childish face-palm inducing crap? And all the 4th wall breaking that followed, give me a f-ing break. That's not OUR dimension, that's still a dimension in the DC universe because none of that has ever happened in our reality. Showing DC animated writers and editors controlling him in the Prime universe was just retarded.

I was hoping that instead of feeling all guilty and lame about it, after much soul searching he'd truly understand and rationalize, at least in his own psychopathic and tragic villain way, that what he did had to be done, with some profound reasoning in the same vein as Black Adam or Lex Luthor.

And no I'm not Superboy Prime trolling the web lol. He's just my fave DC character ever after Black Adam. Prime gives up his own universe just to save another and gets no gratitude or acknowledgement whatsoever. Instead he gets jumped all at once by a bunch of snarky attitude having pseudo-hip wannabes DC has currently been passing off as heroes. And the people in RL who call him whiny are just those same overcompensating muppets who get all kneejerk at anything even remotely "emo". How does one give Kon-El a pass but not this guy? Why bring Kon-El back and put Prime to rest? Seriously, bring Prime back and discard all the dumb sh*t that's happened.

#2 Posted by Y intercept (1435 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoooo you are annnngry

#3 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

whether you think it's dumb sh!t or not doesn't matter...I've said it before and I'll say it again....Geoff Johns is the one who has wrote every fight between Superboy and Superboy-Prime....he's the one who brought Prime back and has written him more than any other writer has...he's also the one who has written Conner more than any other writer since the end of Young Justice....if Geoff Johns says that Superboy can hold his own against Prime then that's that....and Prime didn't get jumped...he's the one that jumped Conner...the Teen Titans and Outsiders were only sticking up for one of their own

#4 Posted by superboyprime (31 posts) - - Show Bio

What does that prove? Nothing. Did he write the fight between Prime and Ion? Didn't think so.

Maggin created him. He gave him Silver Age Superman's strength and more. Johns seemed to honor that, but he wasn't consistent.  I didn't say clone boy shouldn't be able to hold his own. I suppose he can by all accounts, but it's just illogical to suggest that he'd be able to SCAR a charged Superboy Prime in any way.

The Teen Titans should never have went all attack first and ask questions later on him. They knew how powerful he was. They were asking to be killed. It's like an infant attempting to drive a car. You know what's going to happen. If Pantha hadn't walked right into Prime's fist face-first like an idiot, he wouldn't have gotten the idea to go f*ck it and keep killing.

#5 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O

#6 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyprime said:

" I propose a petition to discard the whole last issue of Final Crisis - Legion and everything afterwards relating to Superboy Prime as being non-canon! 1) Superboy can't scar Prime. His strength is at Silver Age Superman levels, even the post-crisis Superman's healing is way too powerful for that clone to have done anything permanent to his skin. It's illogical to have happened canonically. Fix his S scar dammit!  2) He's unstable but he's not stupid. He wouldn't attack his future self without thinking first. He would have x-rayed the Time Trapper just like he x-rayed the Anti Monitor to see if it was really him. I mean this is the guy that bided his time to attack the Anti-Monitor, the thing that destroyed his universe. He's "not a stupid kid anymore". He learned control and calculation.  3) Superboy IS smart. With Silver Age powers he has super intelligence. Being able to engineer an armor that feeds him sunlight, play both Sinestro and the Anti Monitor, and his often natural awareness of things around him takes genius.  4) He wouldn't kill Laurie. He wouldn't beat Laurie, etc. And yes she died, the sling is a distraction. Prime says he "loved" her. Then a pale zombie Laurie with weird veins in her arms appears with a Black Lantern ring and Prime's reaction was "how?" Kinda gives it away. Anyway that was just uncalled for. Seriously, how freaking corny his last few appearances were. His parents and Laurie going through his comics and seeing "what he did" was just stupid and kiddy? With all the sex, gore, and quantum and complex theories why do these writers insist on throwing in such childish face-palm inducing crap? And all the 4th wall breaking that followed, give me a f-ing break. That's not OUR dimension, that's still a dimension in the DC universe because none of that has ever happened in our reality. Showing DC animated writers and editors controlling him in the Prime universe was just retarded. I was hoping that instead of feeling all guilty and lame about it, after much soul searching he'd truly understand and rationalize, at least in his own psychopathic and tragic villain way, that what he did had to be done, with some profound reasoning in the same vein as Black Adam or Lex Luthor. And no I'm not Superboy Prime trolling the web lol. He's just my fave DC character ever after Black Adam. Prime gives up his own universe just to save another and gets no gratitude or acknowledgement whatsoever. Instead he gets jumped all at once by a bunch of snarky attitude having pseudo-hip wannabes DC has currently been passing off as heroes. And the people in RL who call him whiny are just those same overcompensating muppets who get all kneejerk at anything even remotely "emo". How does one give Kon-El a pass but not this guy? Why bring Kon-El back and put Prime to rest? Seriously, bring Prime back and discard all the dumb sh*t that's happened. "

You sir are a true SBP fan.  

I am signing this petition. 

Sign Here: __Dracade102__
#7 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyprime said:
" What does that prove? Nothing. Did he write the fight between Prime and Ion? Didn't think so. Maggin created him. He gave him Silver Age Superman's strength and more. Johns seemed to honor that, but he wasn't consistent.  I didn't say clone boy shouldn't be able to hold his own. I suppose he can by all accounts, but it's just illogical to suggest that he'd be able to SCAR a charged Superboy Prime in any way.   The Teen Titans should never have went all attack first and ask questions later on him. They knew how powerful he was. They were asking to be killed. It's like an infant attempting to drive a car. You know what's going to happen. If Pantha hadn't walked right into Prime's fist face-first like an idiot, he wouldn't have gotten the idea to go f*ck it and keep killing. "
the Titans had no idea what they were going up against...that was the first time anyone on New Earth ever say Prime and he was on the verge of killing Conner.....I doubt that Prime was fully charged when Conner scarred him...he had been fighting 3 different Legion of Superheroes and Superman, Superboy, and Kid Flash so his power levels had probably dropped at least a little bit...plus unlike the 2 fights before that Conner wasn't jumped and he was fully charged himself
#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought that Conner beating Prime was PIS, but whatever.

#9 Posted by Valtot (4486 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyprime:
i get your point yes but id just want the superboy vs prime fight retconned as alot of what he did was cool like the moving around the planets in the universe changing the centre of the universe away from oa (massive feat only a true silver age character could accomplish). His healing factor was off the charts to as seen when the flash had fully absorbed the speed  force and was throwing infinite mass punches at him you see him getting a nose bleed than in the next panel with no wound which is actually a massive durablity feat considering hes only a teenager basically no where near his adult levels and he only got a nose bleed from IMP which are capable of one shotting superman level people.  You also see with everyother wound he gets hes healed the next panel, though the scar had happened when he had no charge and he made it and than it was like months till he got out and go a charge so the scar would stick as it was a scar and his body had healed up with it so there was no reason for him to heal anyway. Prime had also showed to forcefully change a lanterns ring with his emotions, he was also immune to magic and reality warping and has greater energy absorbing abilities than any other kryptonian besides chris kent superman. So id say just retcon the superboy fights as that was just a way of bringing in a good return for superboy. Though i admit prime going straight out to kill/ replace superboy was a bad idea, he should of approached superman and everything would of happened so so so differently and good. Bty superman remembered the crisis and remembered prime lol.... how screwed up is that.
#10 Posted by Valtot (4486 posts) - - Show Bio

Scratch that last part its all stupid alexanders fault for what happened 
#11 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" I always thought that Conner beating Prime was PIS, but whatever. "
he never beat Prime...he held his own but again that was with the help of 3 Legions distracting Prime...if their last fight had continued Prime would have definitely killed Conner again but he would have lasted longer than the previous 2 fights they had
#12 Posted by superboyrocks13 (1070 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyprime:

i think conner should kill prime... then u
#13 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyrocks13: Dude...serious...That's kind of mean.
#14 Posted by Jor-el Zod (136 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:
prime as a villan is cool, but as a character he is a crazy bastard. so i could care less about him getting what was coming to him
#15 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for rendering the whole Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds (save a couple of things, like the return of Superboy and Kid Flash) non-canon...just not for these reasons.

#16 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" I'm all for rendering the whole Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds (save a couple of things, like the return of Superboy and Kid Flash) non-canon...just not for these reasons. "
It was kind of a clusterf*ck of continuity.
#17 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Yeah. Don't even get me started on the idea that the Threeboot universe is now Earth-Prime ~_~
#18 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~: Art wasn't great, either. And Threeboot is my favorite version. 
#19 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyprime said:
"I propose a petition to discard the whole last issue of Final Crisis - Legion and everything afterwards relating to Superboy Prime as being non-canon!1) Superboy can't scar Prime. His strength is at Silver Age Superman levels, even the post-crisis Superman's healing is way too powerful for that clone to have done anything permanent to his skin. It's illogical to have happened canonically. Fix his S scar dammit!  2) He's unstable but he's not stupid. He wouldn't attack his future self without thinking first. He would have x-rayed the Time Trapper just like he x-rayed the Anti Monitor to see if it was really him. I mean this is the guy that bided his time to attack the Anti-Monitor, the thing that destroyed his universe. He's "not a stupid kid anymore". He learned control and calculation. 3) Superboy IS smart. With Silver Age powers he has super intelligence. Being able to engineer an armor that feeds him sunlight, play both Sinestro and the Anti Monitor, and his often natural awareness of things around him takes genius. 4) He wouldn't kill Laurie. He wouldn't beat Laurie, etc. And yes she died, the sling is a distraction. Prime says he "loved" her. Then a pale zombie Laurie with weird veins in her arms appears with a Black Lantern ring and Prime's reaction was "how?" Kinda gives it away. Anyway that was just uncalled for. Seriously, how freaking corny his last few appearances were. His parents and Laurie going through his comics and seeing "what he did" was just stupid and kiddy? With all the sex, gore, and quantum and complex theories why do these writers insist on throwing in such childish face-palm inducing crap? And all the 4th wall breaking that followed, give me a f-ing break. That's not OUR dimension, that's still a dimension in the DC universe because none of that has ever happened in our reality. Showing DC animated writers and editors controlling him in the Prime universe was just retarded. I was hoping that instead of feeling all guilty and lame about it, after much soul searching he'd truly understand and rationalize, at least in his own psychopathic and tragic villain way, that what he did had to be done, with some profound reasoning in the same vein as Black Adam or Lex Luthor.And no I'm not Superboy Prime trolling the web lol. He's just my fave DC character ever after Black Adam. Prime gives up his own universe just to save another and gets no gratitude or acknowledgement whatsoever. Instead he gets jumped all at once by a bunch of snarky attitude having pseudo-hip wannabes DC has currently been passing off as heroes. And the people in RL who call him whiny are just those same overcompensating muppets who get all kneejerk at anything even remotely "emo". How does one give Kon-El a pass but not this guy? Why bring Kon-El back and put Prime to rest? Seriously, bring Prime back and discard all the dumb sh*t that's happened. "

I respect you as a fan
#20 Posted by superboyprime (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valtot said:

" @superboyprime: i get your point yes but id just want the superboy vs prime fight retconned as alot of what he did was cool like the moving around the planets in the universe changing the centre of the universe away from oa (massive feat only a true silver age character could accomplish). His healing factor was off the charts to as seen when the flash had fully absorbed the speed  force and was throwing infinite mass punches at him you see him getting a nose bleed than in the next panel with no wound which is actually a massive durablity feat considering hes only a teenager basically no where near his adult levels and he only got a nose bleed from IMP which are capable of one shotting superman level people.  You also see with everyother wound he gets hes healed the next panel, though the scar had happened when he had no charge and he made it and than it was like months till he got out and go a charge so the scar would stick as it was a scar and his body had healed up with it so there was no reason for him to heal anyway. Prime had also showed to forcefully change a lanterns ring with his emotions, he was also immune to magic and reality warping and has greater energy absorbing abilities than any other kryptonian besides chris kent superman. So id say just retcon the superboy fights as that was just a way of bringing in a good return for superboy. Though i admit prime going straight out to kill/ replace superboy was a bad idea, he should of approached superman and everything would of happened so so so differently and good. Bty superman remembered the crisis and remembered prime lol.... how screwed up is that. "

Yup, exactly. 

Prime is incredible. Even when depowered he was still able to kill a grown man (Kal-L) with his bare hands, and Kal-L was twice his size! THEN he proceeds to woop on another grown man who sadly, somehow wins, but barely.

And yeah, I know that the S scar having stayed on his chest since the end of Infinite Crisis makes sense because he was under a red sun when he carved it. And it was freaking cool. To have clone boy ruin it is so f-ing disappointing. But yeah, it healed back with lots of scar tissue, i.e. a keloid. Solar energy didn't reverse the scar because for all intents and purposes his body was already healed. Now, If Geoff was smart he'd have made Conners heat vision actually result in healing part of the scar, as Prime's healing factor would have "rebooted" the skin where the heat vision made contact.
#21 Edited by superboyprime (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:  the Titans had no idea what they were going up against...that was the first time anyone on New Earth ever say Prime and he was on the verge of killing Conner.....I doubt that Prime was fully charged when Conner scarred him...he had been fighting 3 different Legion of Superheroes and Superman, Superboy, and Kid Flash so his power levels had probably dropped at least a little bit...plus unlike the 2 fights before that Conner wasn't jumped and he was fully charged himself "

1) lol, a guy in a Superman costume who just beat the crap out of Conner and then sprayed the whole team with heat vision. Yeah I'm SURE they had no idea what they were going up against. Probably figured there was no harm in having a girl with measily panther powers come flying towards the back of his fist. Woops. Pop. Goes her head. And they're STILL trying to rush him? Seriously, these Titans must be unbelievably stupid. Ironic that Pantha's last words were "He's just a stupid kid." 

When the new Supergirl made her debut she was hitting and getting attacked by the wrong folks too. She's just lucky she didn't hit anyone fragile otherwise she'd have been in the same position as Prime. But she seems to always get a pass everything.

2) Remember the Sinestro Corps War? Prime takes on an entire universe of heroes and more, and in the end is still standing without any signs of giving out:

That's Superman, Power Girl, Kilowog, etc. he's knocking back. And this is all after having kicked ION's ass. Prime isn't just strong, he doesn't just have insane will-power, he has tons of field experience to go with it. Which means his fight with Cloneboy should have been quick, as f*ck. I mean Prime should have decimated him. But I'm fine with that part of the PIS. It's totally illogical, but I don't care. The thing that really bothered me was him ruining Prime's S. There's no way Conner could have permanently scarred Prime. And this isn't about what Conner can do. This is about what Superboy-Prime and his Silver Age healing factor should have been able to do. Hell, ANY Kryptonian with just a little bit of solar energy is above normal human healing ability and can heal any wound without leaving any scar tissue.  
#22 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" @The Dark Huntress: Yeah. Don't even get me started on the idea that the Threeboot universe is now Earth-Prime ~_~ "
What do you mean dude?
#23 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: It was "revealed" in Legion of Three Worlds that the third Legion (Threeboot)'s home universe was actually Earth-Prime. To at least have little hint pointing in that direction, Geoff Johns had Threeboot Element Lad transmute a bunch of rocks (IIRC) into kryptonite, which suddenly hurts Prime (the basic rule in DC is that Kryptonians are only hurt by kryptonite from their own home universe). Which is all good...that is, if you ignore the actual continuity Mark Waid (and other writers) established for the Threeboot universe. 
In the Threeboot universe...
  • ...Kandor was enlarged on the planet Rokyn at some point between the 20th and 31st centuries, suggesting that Brainiac existed and had the same city-stealing habits he has on Earth-0. *sigh* Okay, I can live with that (since hey, Colu evidently exists, or else there wouldn't be a Brainiac 5), but note that someone must have taken Kandor back from him.  Would Superboy Prime do that? Highly doubtful.
  • ...Mon-El was locked into the Phantom Zone, by someone wearing an S-shield (this was explicitly stated in the comics). Again, I find it unlikely that Prime would have done that.
  • ...Supergirl, Kara Zor-El from Earth-0, appeared, stated to be by time travel. Sure, one can make the argument that they confused time travel with cross-multiverse travel, but that isn't exactly waterproof when you consider the fact that Supergirl was returned to the present by Brainiac 5 and Sev Tcheru, two characters who are far beyond genius level intelligence. Surely they would have noticed the fact that the time window they constructed themselves didn't lead to their own past.
  • ...Kryptonite exists, and Kara was hurt by it. (remember the "kryptonians are only hurt by their own universes's kryptonite" rule? Geoff Johns evidently didn't). One can probably argue that Brainiac 5 obtained the kryptonite from Earth-0 somehow, but that would only raise more questions that shouldn't exist.
I'm sure there's more on this, just can't be bothered digging it all up right now.
#24 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~: Ahhh...Now I understand
#25 Posted by superboyrocks13 (1070 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyprime:
he doesnt deseave his S im glad connor screwed it up
#26 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyprime:  I can honestly say that Geoff Johns is a great writer. I don't like how he handles Kyle in the GL universe but I can deal with it because his stories are phenomenal. And every story of Primes I've read has been written by Johns and he just really makes me hate Prime. I can honestly say that I would love to see someone kill Prime. You want it his actions and what not retconned. There ya go. Kill his ass and wait 10 years til someone decides to bring him back and change him. Or just get used to the fact that his hatred for Superman blinds him to think and act clearly. Cuz that is why he comes off as stupid and idiotic. His hate is what makes him do what he does. If he was really based off of the Silverage Superman he wouldn't have hate in him.
#27 Posted by superboyprime (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT:  
1) If he wasn't thinking clearly, then he wouldn't hate that flawed Superman. Prime is stronger and better than Post-Crisis Superman in every way. His hatred and lack of respect for this current "Superman" is nothing but reasonable.

2) He doesn't act stupid and idiotic all the time. Whoever handled him in Final Crisis just decided to make him this cliche, childish buffoon at times. He wasn't like that at all during the Sinestro War. He was clever, patient, experienced, and he single handedly wiped the floor with the entire DC Universe in a calculated and self-aware fashion. He was completely in control of himself.

In Prime's appearance in the Sinestro War, it was obvious his character had grown since Infinite Crisis. That's the character development I'm talking about, the same kind that made Black Adam such a popular character. But then we get to Final Crisis, which was just awful all around, but the writer makes him this moron who doesn't even bother to x-ray scan some future version of himself even though he had x-ray scanned the Anti-Monitor the first time he saw it. 

I'm with you on putting a stop to those stupid "I'll kill you to death!" lines, but that's just some specific writer's fault, which could easily be retconned away. Prime was already on the right track. He doesn't need to be rebooted. Tragic anti-heroes are a million times better than these neurotic, cognitively-dissonant, bleeding-heart Post-Crisis "heroes."
#28 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyprime:  Just so you know there chief. Johns wrote "ahem" Infinite Crisis, Sinestro Corps War. Morrison wrote Final Crisis. Unless you are talking about the Legion of 3 Worlds. That was Johns as well. And you do know you are talking to a Jason Todd fan right? I'm just saying every writer that writes Prime wants you to hate him. In a sense I hate him. But its because I love the character that I hate him. He is, everything, that Superman should be.
#29 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio
yea i would have preferred that they had not made him so...."stupid"
#30 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio
@superboyrocks13:  He doesn't deserve that S but he deserves to call his own. I thought he looked cool as a yellow lantern in the armor.
#31 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT said:
" @superboyrocks13:   I thought he looked cool as a yellow lantern in the armor. "
oh yes
#32 Posted by superboyrocks13 (1070 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT:
did he even have a ring? (he alredy has to much power with out one)
#33 Posted by superboyprime (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT: @RedHoodJT said:
" @superboyprime:  Just so you know there chief. Johns wrote "ahem" Infinite Crisis, Sinestro Corps War. Morrison wrote Final Crisis. Unless you are talking about the Legion of 3 Worlds. That was Johns as well. And you do know you are talking to a Jason Todd fan right? I'm just saying every writer that writes Prime wants you to hate him. In a sense I hate him. But its because I love the character that I hate him. He is, everything, that Superman should be. "
Well I suppose not every writer is consistent. My point still stands. Final Crisis and Legion of 3 Worlds had some terrible writing regardless of who the writer was.
#34 Posted by RedHoodJT (528 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed both stories. But see I wouldn't say that Superboy Prime is my favorite character, just one I like. But I mean I know the feeling you have of DC screwing with your favorite character. They are doing it right now with the Red Hood. Sure he has a new story arc in Batman and Robin coming out this month but what are they gonna do with him after that? Probably the same thing they do every time. Have him either go into hiding or get booked into Arkham or prison again then wait a year to bring him back to bust the sales of a title.

#35 Posted by Primebonnick (2952 posts) - - Show Bio

@superboyprime: i know i'm way lat but you sir are a god among men a true fan of prime

#36 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

@superboyprime said:

@RedHoodJT: @RedHoodJT said:
" @superboyprime: Just so you know there chief. Johns wrote "ahem" Infinite Crisis, Sinestro Corps War. Morrison wrote Final Crisis. Unless you are talking about the Legion of 3 Worlds. That was Johns as well. And you do know you are talking to a Jason Todd fan right? I'm just saying every writer that writes Prime wants you to hate him. In a sense I hate him. But its because I love the character that I hate him. He is, everything, that Superman should be. "
Well I suppose not every writer is consistent. My point still stands. Final Crisis and Legion of 3 Worlds had some terrible writing regardless of who the writer was.

False. Legion of 3 Worlds was an incredible story and the best of anything Final Crisis related in my opinion. I am a Superboy Prime fan and loved that story. Virtually every Superboy Prime story written (minus the Countdown series (7 or 8 appearances iirc), Adventure Comics 2 parter, and the last 3 issues of Teen Titans were written by Johns. His writing is what made the character essentially the character we all know and love. He is the only one who has a real say in my opinion of whats what with Superboy Prime. If you can't enjoy Legion of 3 Worlds then that's your beef, but 99% of readers, most Prime fans included, will agree that that is an awesome story. Not like it matters now cuz it's been erased, but in Pre-Flashpoint era it stands and is a damn good mini-series. Geoff Johns is an amazing writer, if you yourself think you could write a better story and beat arguably the most epic and best writer from the last decade then go for it, but until you start writing events like Infinite Crisis and Blackest Night your idea of superior writing skills are moot. I love Superboy Prime, but you know what, he is hated by a lot of people, and part of it is because of whiney fanboys like you.

#37 Posted by joshmightbe (24763 posts) - - Show Bio

I propose we all just forget Emo Boy prime ever existed

#38 Edited by Foolkiller (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

I propose we all just forget Emo Boy prime ever existed

@danhimself said:

whether you think it's dumb sh!t or not doesn't matter...I've said it before and I'll say it again....Geoff Johns is the one who has wrote every fight between Superboy and Superboy-Prime....he's the one who brought Prime back and has written him more than any other writer has...he's also the one who has written Conner more than any other writer since the end of Young Justice....if Geoff Johns says that Superboy can hold his own against Prime then that's that....and Prime didn't get jumped...he's the one that jumped Conner...the Teen Titans and Outsiders were only sticking up for one of their own

@daredevil21134 said:

I respect you as a fan
#39 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL who bumped this thread? The original poster was the funniest prat I've ever come across on ComicVine. His entire existence on this site was just to stupidly, moronically promote Superboy Prime and his fanaticism with the character. 

#40 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

It was bumped by Primebonnick, who I believe was serious when he said that the topic starter "you sir are a god among men a true fan of prime"

I don't know how I missed this moronic rambling back when this kid started this stupid thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.