He's the original Superman???

#1 Posted by Endanger (114 posts) - - Show Bio

I read somewhere that Superboy Prime is the first Superman to ever exist in the DC universe?? Is this true? 

Also, is he the same guy that was in the Superboy and the Legion of Super-Hero series way back in the pre-crisis era?

If not, then who was that Superboy??

#2 Posted by danhimself (22553 posts) - - Show Bio

no 

Earth 2 Superman is the original pre crisis Superman 

Superboy Prime is a alternate universe Superman that was sent to an earth where the DC superheros only existed in comic books and during COIE pre crisis Superman went and got him to help fight the Anti Monitor

#3 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Endanger said:
"  Also, is he the same guy that was in the Superboy and the Legion of Super-Hero series way back in the pre-crisis era?  If not, then who was that Superboy?? "
The Superboy in the pre-Crisis Legion comics was the same character as the pre-Crisis, Earth-1 Superman, only at a point in his own life where he was younger. Superboy Prime is a completely different character.
#4 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

I read each of the previous posts back-to-back and now I'm cross-eyed trying to make sense of it. Thanks, guys...

#5 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

gah more like a continuety head ach ,this is part of the problem dc has had for years an they made worse.more like super prime head ach.
#6 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

makes me think of an odd point. in the current Superman rights legal battle, wouldnt the accusers only get rights on Earth 2
Superman?

#7 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7853 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" makes me think of an odd point. in the current Superman rights legal battle, wouldnt the accusers only get rights on Earth 2 Superman? "
That's pretty interesting. Maybe if that h appens they will bring back KC Superman for good... i like him alot more than earth 2 supes
#8 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" I read each of the previous posts back-to-back and now I'm cross-eyed trying to make sense of it. Thanks, guys... "
I could try fixing it for you...

• Earth-2 Superman:  The original, Golden Age Supes.
  • Earth-1 Superman:  Silver Age Supes, used to appear in pre-Crisis Legion comics (as Superboy).
  • Superboy-Prime, from the Earth-Prime universe where super heroes supposedly only exist in fiction.
#9 Posted by Endanger (114 posts) - - Show Bio

So what about the post-crisis Earth 1/ New Earth Superman? He's different from the pre-crisis Earth-1 Superman right?

#10 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Endanger said:
" So what about the post-crisis Earth 1/ New Earth Superman? He's different from the pre-crisis Earth-1 Superman right? "
The New Earth, post-Crisis Superman is slightly different from any of the pre-Crisis ones, yes.
Sorry about adding to the confusion, but the post-Crisis Earth-1 is not the same as New Earth. New Earth has been designated as "Earth-0", the center of the multiverse, while post-Crisis Earth-1 is another multiverse world altogether.
#11 Posted by sfizzle (66 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy: kc superman?
#12 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7853 posts) - - Show Bio
@sfizzle said:
" @BiteMe-Fanboy: kc superman? "

Kingdom Come Superman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.