Am I the only one who wants him back?

• 65 results
#1 Posted by X (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who wants him back or does anyone else want him back in the comics too i mean there are alot more stories to tell with him.

#2 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

well they ended his run in action comics well, he finally got a happy ending, but he does have alot of stuff to do, to redeem himself, but if he was to come back maybe he could try and redeem himself in the eyes of the DC universe and some people would get their wish for a darker Superman

#3 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the way he stole the name "Prime". That title was taken. 

Also, it doesn't make sense he was that powerful especially without the special suit

#4 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Your not alone.

#5 Posted by Joey Ravn (385 posts) - - Show Bio

Please, no. The evolution of this character is one of the most violent I've ever seen, in every sense of the word. He was beyond redemption, he wasn't a "darker Superman". He was a whiny, self-righteous asshole. The DC Universe lacks NOTHING if he's not there. I know the ending for his two-issue arc on Adventure Comics was ambiguosly open-ended to allow for a possible future return, but please don't. Superboy Prime fulfilled his roled, let's move on.

#6 Posted by X (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: yes he could redeem himself by doing something like saving superman or something and he wouldn't be completely accepted by the heroes and batman would be constantly watching him  or something 
#7 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

No I miss him too.

#8 Posted by X (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: thank you im not alone 
#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@ X: He's the reason why I read comics.
#10 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

i miss him. but i'm a firm believer in that the dead should stay dead. but no one in comics adheres to that rule

#11 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula:  he's not dead, he was in action comics #5 and was alive and well after being reunited with his girlfriend
#12 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
" @Caligula:  he's not dead, he was in action comics #5 and was alive and well after being reunited with his girlfriend "
Yep...(what's up)
#13 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
" @Caligula:  he's not dead, he was in action comics #5 and was alive and well after being reunited with his girlfriend "
oh what the gay. i thought all this time he was dead. but this is a fate worse than death :(
#14 Posted by X (225 posts) - - Show Bio

he neeeeeds to be back

#15 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate that punk, he needs to be put down.

#16 Posted by X (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@ironshadow: y do u hate him
#17 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio
@ X: Because he's a stupid little evil prick, some people talk about how he should seek redemption and become a darker Superman but there's no redemption for all the crap he's pulled, only punishment.
#18 Posted by X (225 posts) - - Show Bio

there is redemption for everyone  

#19 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he does come back as well Super boy prime is the shit whether he is good or evil.

#20 Posted by X (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAlchemist: ya if he comes back as a good guy there will be tension between all the heroes and if he comes back as a bad guy he will be fighting to be top dog either way ppl will always be fighting him it would be awesome if he and jason todd (dressed in his batsuit) teamed up
#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I want him back, though I want him to be forever trying to redeem himself, despite people wanting nothing to do with him. I reckon that'd be cool.

#22 Posted by Sasuke (397 posts) - - Show Bio

He will be back his one of my favorite characters

#23 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: Not action comics, Adventure comics. The title superboy was in.

And yes he does need to be back, he is one of the their most developed characters whether you like it or not. And to redeeming him, I believe that's to late, they won't forgive him for murdering there fellow heros(a few of the titans and  Kal-L). He is going to grow up a mirror opposite of superman,  he is emotionally unstable, there is no fixing him there is no forgiving him.
#24 Edited by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Blame Geoff for all of that

#25 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:  nice catch, i never even noticed
#26 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio
@ X: That would definatly be a very brutal teamup.
#27 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAlchemist: Jason and Prime?
#28 Edited by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Jason and Prime, what are they gonna do for an entire issue? Whine about how eveyrone forgot them, and they were heroes and there better heroes now then anyone.

SBP: *Crying* They all forgot us.
Jason: Well, atleast you weren't murdered by a clown with your biological mother,while your father didn't even take revenge for you.
SBP: I lost my entire universe actually.
Jason: You poor little boy, your just to precious for this world.
SMBP:Jason hug me.

Oh yeah I should totally write for them. : )
#29 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: What the?
#30 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Im just saying, Jason and prime shouldn't be anywhere near each other they are way to similar.
#31 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Nope Prime whines a lot more. Jason dosen't care anymore.
#32 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Every apparennce of Todd he's complained about Bruce, and compared himself to dick and tim. Sounds about like Prime crying in everyissue he is in.
#33 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Hmmm Prime has done that, but not Jason.
#34 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Jason has too, Jason seems to suffer from the Jane Brady syndrome. Instead of Marsha,Marsha, Marsha.  Its  Dick, Dick, Dick, he comes off as whiny, trying to prove he was better. He just seems whiny to me bro.
#35 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: LOL! Tim said that. And they have refered themselves as them.
#36 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:
What issue, I haven't read that cause the only time Jason's really appealled to me is when hes fighting Dick. Its to unbeleivable that he could be such a threat to Bruce.. Even with the training he gets during Lost days.
#37 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: It was in a Robin issue.  You don't like Jason do you?
#38 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Actually I do like Jason, cause since he's reappeared he has stopped  being as whiny. The only time I didn't like him much was in countdown, I just don't like how they tried to make him a anti-hero, its not his charcter anymore. He's a villan, he's growing on me cause he's mostly stopped complaing and is being a badguy.
#39 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: What happened in countdown?
#40 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Honestly in countdown, I can say nothing good happened the entire series IMHO.
#41 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: I read that there were some good issues and Jason hit on Donna.
#42 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: He did, I didn't much care for it though.
#43 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: lol That musta been funny.
#44 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Yeah, well kyle didn't think so. And superman prime  was awful in it.
#45 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: I want to see Kyle's face.lol!
#46 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" @nightwing91: LOL! Tim said that. And they have refered themselves as them. "
man... no props for metioning to you 

@nightwing91 said:
" @Primmaster64: Actually I do like Jason, cause since he's reappeared he has stopped  being as whiny. The only time I didn't like him much was in countdown, I just don't like how they tried to make him a anti-hero, its not his charcter anymore. He's a villan, he's growing on me cause he's mostly stopped complaing and is being a badguy. "
countdown was when i first liked Jason, when he first met his alternate self as that worlds Batman, i realised how awesome he could of been if he wasn't killed, and his meeting the Bruce who killed the Joker after he killed Jason was cool, he understood how his Bruce couldn't kill but it seems everyone just ignoreses countdown altogether, even some of the good bits
#47 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: LOL! I'm sorry bro!
#48 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: Well I mean I didn't read much of countdown, but that doesn''t fit to me. He meets an alternate reality Batman, and realizes why batman can't kill, and then he comes back in battle for the cowl, killing. That just make no sense to me.
#49 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:  i know thats what i hated about BFTC, the was no reason of all that whining, but from what i've read on the net the majority of countdown was so bad every one has decided to just forget it happened at all

@Primmaster64:  it's cool, if everyone knows maybe people will start using brady bunch analigies when decribing the Bat-family
#50 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: Yeah cause the majority of it, was not very  good. Jason was just an odd choice to use for me. He was a bad guy, he'd fought batman,nightwing,green arrow, speedy, and the titans by that point. Yet they still decided to take him with them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.