Alright gentlemen how do we kill Superman Prime?

• 66 results
#1 Posted by Lantern Of Hatred (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, can someone make a list of five non divine beings that could together kill him?

#2 Posted by Lantern Of Hatred (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh I was thinking no magic either, divine and magic really is just ... cheating.

5 Powerhouses, Ex: Green Lantern, or Cap marvel.

#3 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Lord Shazam The Specter The Phantom Stranger Ganthet well, any member of the Quintessence really lol M"

Except ganthet, it's already been shown that a guardian can't take him out!

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Shazam

The Specter

The Phantom Stranger

Ganthet

well, any member of the Quintessence really lol

M

#5 Posted by Lantern Of Hatred (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

I am thinking maybe

WWH

Doomsday

thanos

Sodam Yat ( with more yellow sun juice)

Captain Marvel?

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

dunno then...

normal universe characters are a bit weird because you're basically attacking a Silver Age Superman with moder day equivalents...

M

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Except ganthet, it's already been shown that a guardian can't take him out!"

Ganthet wasn't in that battle... he was already 'expelled' from the Guardians and was dealing with Kyle and Hal while that battle took place, it's already been shown that he's hundreds of times more powerful than the rest of the Guardians combined...

he's the only 'true' Guardian left, the rest of them were recreated from Ion's energy prior to Rebirth. Ganthet is the only 'True' one left.

M

#8 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Thor, Superman, Juggernaut, World War Hulk, Silver Surfer

Theres my team. Not sure if they would win, but it would be one h311 of a fight for SMP.

Post Edited:2008-02-06 03:21:53

#9 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe silver surfer

#10 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"lordraiden says:
Ganthet wasn't in that battle... he was already 'expelled' from the Guardians and was dealing with Kyle and Hal while that battle took place, it's already been shown that he's hundreds of times more powerful than the rest of the Guardians combined... he's the only 'true' Guardian left, the rest of them were recreated from Ion's energy prior to Rebirth. Ganthet is the only 'True' one left. M "

Good point.

#11 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

if normal superman is afraid of him,maybe martian manhunter could do it

#12 Posted by Lantern Of Hatred (1584 posts) - - Show Bio

Im thinking now, you entire organazations can be used to..

How bout GLC and JLA, could they pull it off?

#13 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"lordraiden says:
Ganthet wasn't in that battle... he was already 'expelled' from the Guardians and was dealing with Kyle and Hal while that battle took place, it's already been shown that he's hundreds of times more powerful than the rest of the Guardians combined... he's the only 'true' Guardian left, the rest of them were recreated from Ion's energy prior to Rebirth. Ganthet is the only 'True' one left. M "

Thanx for the heads up! wasn't fully aware of that! totally forgot that he's (ganthet)the only original gardian back from when hal killed all the rest! so what does that make the rest of the guardians? are they not equal to ganthet! are they not the same guardians from before or totally new ones made up from ion?

#14 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"T.J. Magnum says:
"if normal superman is afraid of him,maybe martian manhunter could do it"
he's taken MM down before M"

oh,well he's out

#15 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Thanx for the heads up! wasn't fully aware of that! totally forgot that he's (ganthet)the only original gardian back from when hal killed all the rest! so what does that make the rest of the guardians? are they not equal to ganthet! are they not the same guardians from before or totally new ones made up from ion? "

they're completely new...

one of the "new Guardians" barely has 1% of the power than Ganthet has at his disposal... remember, this is the guy that tore a hole in the universe so Kyle could go into the afterlife and fetch Killowogs soul back.

M

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

T.J. Magnum says:

"if normal superman is afraid of him,maybe martian manhunter could do it"

he's taken MM down before

M

#17 Posted by King Saturn (222845 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the hell would you want to kill Superman Prime ? He is an awesome villian to me.

#18 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"lordraiden says:
"Thanx for the heads up! wasn't fully aware of that! totally forgot that he's (ganthet)the only original gardian back from when hal killed all the rest! so what does that make the rest of the guardians? are they not equal to ganthet! are they not the same guardians from before or totally new ones made up from ion? "
they're completely new... one of the "new Guardians" barely has 1% of the power than Ganthet has at his disposal... remember, this is the guy that tore a hole in the universe so Kyle could go into the afterlife and fetch Killowogs soul back. M"

Wow, ok! I've been trying to get my head around how they brought back characters like killowog and the other guardians! maybe i missed it or just plain couldn't get my head around it, prob cause i was just happy to have them back (Hal, killowog and the rest!)

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Wow, ok! I've been trying to get my head around how they brought back characters like killowog and the other guardians! maybe i missed it or just plain couldn't get my head around it, prob cause i was just happy to have them back (Hal, killowog and the rest!)"

yeah... it's a headache...

basically Ganthet was the only one left until Kyle (As original Ion) used his power to recreate the Guardians...

he didn't have enough power to make them as powerful as Ganthet, nor could he make them immortal, so he made them as close as he could... but they're still not even a pale shadow of Ganthets power.

M

#20 Posted by Sasuke (396 posts) - - Show Bio

I say hal jordan,black adam,superman,the flash(wally west),and batman.

With this team prime is going down bats with prep time is almost imposable to beat and with the other four using the limits of there power even Prime falls.

#21 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

nothing that isn't divine/cosmic can defeat prime.

nothing

#22 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"nothing that isn't divine/cosmic can defeat prime.**nothing**"

Bad writing can

#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Superkitty says:

"Bad writing can"

bad writing can kill anything lol

M

#24 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Lord ShazamThe SpecterThe Phantom StrangerGanthetwell, any member of the Quintessence really lolM"

Lord Shazam?^^ is that cannon?^^

#25 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"Lord Shazam?^^ is that cannon?^^"

whatever ya want to call him...

the Wizard, the God of Shazam, whatever... the big guy lol

M

#26 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

aha... okay if YOU say it then I'LL just submit it as a new Alias :P

#27 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't honestly remember what he was called as "The Wizard"... i know it had something to do with SHAZAM lol

M

#28 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus he joined Godhood so i changed that too

#29 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"i can't honestly remember what he was called as "The Wizard"... i know it had something to do with SHAZAM lolM"

LOL

#30 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

now that I think about it, the only guy non cosmic/god that had a chance of defeating prime were the monitors and monarch.

Prime beated monarch and apparently according to the countdown writers he can beat even a monitor

#31 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"nothing that isn't divine/cosmic can defeat prime.**nothing**"

Agreed and this is superman prime sun dipped right??

#32 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

They could always lock Superman Prime up in a small room with all the Thor, Hulk and DBZ fanboys.

Within nano seconds his brain will become paralyzed with the drivel and crap he will be subjected to and thus his demise is assured.

#33 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"They could always lock Superman Prime up in a small room with all the Thor, Hulk and DBZ fanboys.Within nano seconds his brain will become paralyzed with the drivel and crap he will be subjected to and thus his demise is assured."

Or, god forbid, he'll come out even stronger...

#34 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe SMP's plot device-y ability to punch through things would somehow allow him to pummel his way into a normal dimension.

#35 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

I think any of the more powerful Heralds would be able to do the job. Or the Authority could just use the Carrier to Door him into that dimension where momentum is converted into sound and leave him there to rot.

#36 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I believe SMP's plot device-y ability to punch through things would *somehow* allow him to pummel his way into a normal dimension. "

The dimension's unique properties, in addition to the fact that he has no convenient 'wall' to punch this time, would probably prevent him from using that particular wankerific power.
Post Edited:2008-02-07 03:54:23

#37 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

If the guy can punch into the 5th dimension I think he can punch out of a speed/sound dimension. It's his thing.

#38 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"If the guy can punch into the 5th dimension I think he can punch out of a speed/sound dimension."

Only if DC needs another explanation for a massive continuity overhaul.

#39 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Alexander Anderson says:

"Buckshot says:
"If the guy can punch into the 5th dimension I think he can punch out of a speed/sound dimension."

Only if DC needs another explanation for a massive continuity overhaul."

like that would stop them lol

M

#40 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

How about this guy? Does he count as a divine being?

more like a mystical being to me :)

#41 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy-Prime 10000 says:

"How about this guy? Does he count as a divine being?more like a mystical being to me :)"

logically GR would be an infernal being instead of a divine being...

but yeah, i agree with mystical as he didn't originate on any higher plane of existence

M

#42 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#43 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

what do you mean "WILL?"

M

#44 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Superboy-Prime 10000 says:
"How about this guy? Does he count as a divine being?more like a mystical being to me :)"

logically GR would be an infernal being instead of a divine being...

but yeah, i agree with mystical as he didn't originate on any higher plane of existence

M"

and what if he WILL?

#45 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

it's always a possibility...

same possibility as Superman becoming an Angel :D

M

#46 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe hell end up being an angel O.o

the possibility is always there

#47 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hey Supergirl became an Angel... why not Superman?

M

#48 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

as long as he can shoot rainbows from his palms i seriously take that in fact :P

#49 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"I was thinking do you guys think that prime survived countdown #13?"

yes coz hes got a new storyline of his own coming (which you should know because you posted the list which had the title on it) :P

Supes Prime FTW!
Post Edited:2008-02-09 10:01:31

#50 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking do you guys think that prime survived countdown #13?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.