wmwadeii's Superboy #14 - The Face of H'el review

• wmwadeii wrote this review on .
  • wmwadeii has written a total of 2252 reviews. The last one was for

Superboy #14 Review

Cover - 5/5

- Would I pick-up the comic based on the cover alone? Are the alternate covers appealing? Does the cover portray what happens in the issue?

Art - 4/5

- Do I personally like this artist's style? Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?

Color/Ink - 4/5

- Does the work blend well with the artist? Is the coloring/inking enjoyable and easy to distinguish what's happening?

Layout - 4/5

- Does the layout of the issue make it easy to read? Does the issue have a good flow of the plot and keep me engaged?

Story - 5/5

- Weighted Triple. How well did the issue further develop the current story arc? How well did the issue further develop the characters?

Verdict - 4.6

- What I think: On the cover we see Superboy being shocked by H'el while the Teen Titans look on helplessly. Very fitting as originally they can't even see him. The are and coloring in the issue was okay and the overall flow was good. My only issue is with the continuity. This issue takes place after issues of both Legion Lost and The Ravagers that have not occurred yet. While they don't give anything away it's a little confusing at first. The overall story is good. After recent events (the events that haven't happened yet) we find Kon'el unsure what to do, and Bunker trying to convince him to join the Titans in Lexcorp Tower. Kon explains how he lost control (again you miss this if you haven't read Legion Lost #14 - Desperate Times) and that he doesn't know if he can prevent himself from losing it again. As they head out for a night on the town the two are interrupted when Kon sees H'el, but Bunker can't. Superboy questions H'el why he is wearing his symbol and a fight ensues. Bunker sends up an awesome purple brick "T" in the air to bring the other Titans to assist in what he believe is Superboy losing it again. The Titans come to the rescue but are no match for H'el. This is a great warm-up to the crossover and hopefully will get us more detail on Superboy and his New 52 origins.