Super-Human Registration act Problem

#1 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone tell me how an American Law can affect Latveria,Atlantis,or Wakanda?

#2 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
Can someone tell me how an American Law can affect Latveria,Atlantis,or Wakanda?

Cuz, the American government in comics are far more ruthless in comics than in real life and will do anything to get what they want.
#3 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Coolii: What do you mean just in comics?sound perfectly like the real American Government to me.
#4 Posted by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

It can't...

#5 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
@Coolii: What do you mean just in comics?sound perfectly like the real American Government to me.

No, I mean the American Government seem more ruthless in comics than in real life, but that's just me :).
#6 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@mark5 said:
It can't...
?
#7 Posted by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
@mark5 said:
It can't...
?
An American law cannot affect other countries unless it is drafted through the UN. Whats so confusing?
#8 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@mark5: In comics,it did.I'm just asking,why?I might be missing something.
#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32646 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done before 

#10 Posted by JediXMan (29514 posts) - - Show Bio

It didn't. It just basically said that the heroes from Atlantis and Wakanda couldn't operate on American soil without being registered. Namor was asked to enter the fight.

#11 Posted by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
@mark5: In comics,it did.I'm just asking,why?I might be missing something.
What jedixman said...lol
#12 Posted by bag_o_x_men (682 posts) - - Show Bio

Jedixman hit it on the head.  It also mentioned that some other countries had already passed their own versions, and many more would follow once the US passed it.

#13 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor told the rest of the Illuminati point-blank that any effort to enforce such a policy on Atlantis would be considered an act of war.

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (81527 posts) - - Show Bio

It had no binding authority on any of the listed countries.
#15 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433
they'll send Thunderbolts and Shadow Initiative abroad to enforce the law and arrest "illegal" heroes.
#16 Posted by Paracelsus (1499 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a suggestive parallel to the SHRA is the real life International Criminal Court (or the then Bush Administration's reaction to it- claiming that the Court infringed on "American sovereignty"_ although how was never actually explained)- good luck trying to enforce the SHRA on Big Hero 6 (Japan) or the Winter Guard (Russia)!

Terry

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.