Did Marvel screw up?

#1 Posted by Spiderman044 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Marvel screw up with the Superhero Registration Act?
#2 Posted by JediXMan (31696 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at the time, no. Civil War was good. But it's starting to annoy me.

Marvel screwed up with Spider-Man, though.

#3 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

No. 

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91684 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
  Marvel screwed up with Spider-Man, though. "
Marvel didn't screw up with anything.Marvel is a company not a writer.
#5 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @JediXMan said:
  Marvel screwed up with Spider-Man, though. "
Marvel didn't screw up with anything.Marvel is a company not a writer. "
Plus BND has been great. 
#6 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Reg all day Pro-Reg is lame

#7 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: But to not register is kinda asinine. If Steve's side would have registered Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign and ultimately The Siege could of been prevented. 
#8 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: But to not register is kinda asinine. If Steve's side would have registered Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign and ultimately The Siege could of been prevented.  "
It goes against everything this country was founded on
#9 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: So do most other laws. :P 
#10 Posted by JediXMan (31696 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: 

I read the first few issues and then dropped it. It was just horrible. He was back to being the kid reporter that jokes around.
#11 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @King Quisling:   I read the first few issues and then dropped it. It was just horrible. He was back to being the kid reporter that jokes around. "
Granted, but it got really captivating after the first like 3 part arc. I think it's been pretty fun and at least Peter isn't whining all the time, you know?
#12 Posted by JediXMan (31696 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: 

Maybe. But I like Spider-Man better as a serious character instead of a joker.
#13 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

You gotta admit they let vigilantes run around a bit too long. In a more realistic situation people would be suing super heroes all the time. And insurance companies would be fed up with all the destroyed real estate.

#14 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Ah, right on. I prefer him as a jokester. There are so many mopey characters in Marvel. Deadpool can't be the only one cracking jokes. :P 
#15 Posted by Spiderman044 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

They really messed up with Spiderman. They turned heroes into fugitives.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24842 posts) - - Show Bio

they also came close to turning ironman into the biggest douche in comics luckily norman popped up to take that title
#17 Posted by Spiderman044 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. They need to like wipe everyones mind (in the Marvel universe), and start over.
#18 Posted by hdorman1 (4633 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
" @JediXMan: Ah, right on. I prefer him as a jokester. There are so many mopey characters in Marvel. Deadpool can't be the only one cracking jokes. :P  "
i have no problem with the BND scenario when it came to saving aunt may and such
but de-powering him was wrong
he is half as strong as he was before, no organic webbing and so on
he has the same power level that he had when he was a kid
#19 Posted by JediXMan (31696 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1: 

That plays a big part in what annoys me. Especially the web shooters.

I also don't like that no one knows his identity anymore. Not even people in the hero community, even though many of them did know who he was before Civil War. And I don't like that he and MJ aren't married anymore.

I would have been ok with Aunt May dying. She's died once or twice in the past, hasn't she? I believe both were retconned.
#20 Edited by Kid_Zombie (822 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope if anything they made it better and more realistic! And a fun enjoyible read. we had 70 years of the same old stuff, they needed to turn things upside down for awhile. now everything will be back to normal by next year which kinda sucks.

#21 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1 said:
" @King Quisling said:
" @JediXMan: Ah, right on. I prefer him as a jokester. There are so many mopey characters in Marvel. Deadpool can't be the only one cracking jokes. :P  "
i have no problem with the BND scenario when it came to saving aunt may and such but de-powering him was wrong he is half as strong as he was before, no organic webbing and so on he has the same power level that he had when he was a kid "
I'm pretty sure it's temporary. 
#22 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the main reasons I dislike Tony Stark is because it is his fault Spider-Man sucks now

#23 Posted by ADayWalker (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. Anti-Reg!
#24 Posted by darkxman123 (194 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved the idea in 2006 and still love it marvel dont screw things writers screw thing or is it just jeff loeb lol just jokeing i like loebs stuff on batman 

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91684 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" One of the main reasons I dislike Tony Stark is because it is his fault Spider-Man sucks now "
Right, it wasn't his aunt getting shot causing one of the worst storylines and retcons in history.
#26 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8888 posts) - - Show Bio

civil war was conceptually good, but terribly executed in my opinion. That is all, as for OMD and BND, all I can say is this is another example of why I've almost stopped buying american comics...
#27 Posted by Paracelsus (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

The issue HAD to be resolved at some level(ie superheroes precise legal status)!

Terry

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.