are you pro-registration or anti-registration

#1 Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio

duering the marvel civil war the goverment issued a mutant registration act and what i want to know is if your pro-registration (you want the mutants to register) or anti-registration (your against the mutant registration)

#2 Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio

im anti-registration

#3 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro-Registration, unless its Dark Reign. 

#4 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti, to many innocent people are at risk if super hero identities are revealed

#5 Posted by Sukislide (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-registration
#6 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

hard question, it's a big decision but I would probably go anti-registration.
#7 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

which one pays more?

#8 Posted by Lyrad (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
"which one pays more? "

Haha! 

I'm anti.
#9 Posted by Drafta (690 posts) - - Show Bio

It's 2009.

But still, Anti.

#10 Posted by Omega-Mekix (594 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm for Anti. If you "tag" all the mutant then whoever is trying to live a normal life will be discriminated on their mutant powers. They won't get a good job, go to college, make friends with most non-mutants. Society will stomp all over them over something they didn't ask for. 

#11 Posted by shaangojac (20 posts) - - Show Bio

i am against it !! 

freedom above all !!

#12 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough decision, more ontrol is good for the people who'aren't powered, but by principle, it's just innaplicable : just see the inhuman or the eternal. Not only they didn't wan't to register, but beside of that they just do what they want when they want. Like civil war has proved, it's just get more difference between superpeople, and more signficanlty, between good folk, makin' civil society more vulnerable to bad people. 

Not to mention the case of prejudice against mutant makin' more evident. So I'm anti. 
#13 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti registration.  All you do with registration is create crime where one doesn't exist.  The purpose is ostensibly responsibility/liability, but most places already have insurance for damages caused by supers.  Therefore the reason must be more nefarious.  You're not going to make a difference in the villain count, since #1 they aren'e going to register and #2 many have been caught and are registered anyway.  There's no reason to have a hero register.  It's like making someone register because they stopped to help someone at a car accident or because they are helping at a soup kitchen.  If they want to register fine, but if they would prefer to remain anonymous let them.  All you do is create criminals where they don't exist.  For example Captain America: America's most wanted villain.  Its ridiculous.
#14 Posted by Count Bleck (777 posts) - - Show Bio

This type of thread has been done to death.  

I'd be on the "I honestly don't give a flying rat's ass's crap" side as it wouldn't really affect me. 

#15 Posted by Paracelsus (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, definitely anti-registration- to use conservative icon Ronald Reagan's phrase- "keep government off the backs of the people"-esp super-powered people! If the KGB can penetrate the CIA and FBI( Aldrich Ames and Robert Hansen) and the Mafia can infiltrate the Witness Protection Programme, then imagine what Dr Doom, Magneto or the Red Skull could offer for a hero's identity! 

Terry
#16 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18823 posts) - - Show Bio

ANTI!!!!
#17 Posted by Blob (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough choice.....I mean I like Iron Man for Pro-Registration but I agree with Anti-Registration more....so Anti.
#18 Posted by dudie (29 posts) - - Show Bio

As a hero i would be anti!!
But i also understand the wish of the "normal" poeple!

#19 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro , of course .

#20 Posted by Ms. Omega (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti superheroes have secret identies for a reason to protect the ones they love

#21 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as you play it cool and don't get homicidal, or creeppy in general, you should be allowed to have save all the people you want to save! Mask on or off!

#22 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro.

#23 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti, however if I had the info that Tony had and that was the same case in real life I would have been pro to try and control the damage. 

#24 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
i am anti registration and also against vigilantism.... if some one wants to stop and help someone thats fine, if they want to patrol and attack someone whether right or wrong it is still illegal for that fact u purposely went looking for a fight.
#25 Posted by info nation (868 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Superheroes should have the OPTION of registering, but outright FORCING them to do it even if they REALLY don't want to and for all the right reasons, makes me want to be anti!

#26 Posted by squiresmadnessmachine (303 posts) - - Show Bio

i am against it and always fighting along side cap and spidey and punisher
#27 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
Anti
If somebody wants to keep their identity a secret,  then it's their business. They shouldn't be forced into the public spotlight
#28 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

The way it's implemented is awful, but I can see how it could be okay. If I were a superhero, though, I'd be anti-registration. I probably wouldn't fight for it, though.

#29 Posted by IrishX (2306 posts) - - Show Bio
   Anti-Registration
#30 Posted by ComicStooge (12001 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro-Reg rules!
#31 Posted by adamwarner42 (405 posts) - - Show Bio

ANTI!!! All the way!
#32 Posted by TheVindicator (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro registration for the villains
Anti-registration for the heroes.

Dichotomous I know.
Dilemma? Absolutely.

Solution? Professor X reads every meta-humans' mind and the villainous ones get registered. If there is some form of psychic shield then you flip a coin and let fate decide. (if Professor X goes bad then the whole plan goes south real fast)

#33 Posted by ComicStooge (12001 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro-Reg for me.
#34 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro-Registration

#35 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm down the middle. There are things from both sides that should melt into one thing that I feel would ultimately benefit all parties. 

#36 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12516 posts) - - Show Bio

pro turned anti
#37 Posted by VenomX10 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti, supers have basic rights too!

#38 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti, easily.

#39 Posted by consolemaster001 (4943 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: I got into reading civil war and unlike most people...i support pro reg because you can't fight the law !

#40 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti, completely.

#41 Posted by PowerHerc (81623 posts) - - Show Bio

Knowing a bit about the bureaucracy, the systemic tit-for-tat deals and potential corruption of government, I'm firmly anti-registration.

I have little faith in politicians and bureaucrats when it comes to doing what is truly right and good.

#42 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Knowing a bit about the bureaucracy, the systemic tit-for-tat deals and potential corruption of government, I'm firmly anti-registration.

I have little faith in politicians and bureaucrats when it comes to doing what is truly right and good.

I pretty much agree with this.

#43 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001 said:

@ReVamp: I got into reading civil war and unlike most people...i support pro reg because you can't fight the law !

...That doesn't make any sense. You're not meant to support pro registration because its the law, but because you support the ideology.

#44 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@PowerHerc said:

I pretty much agree with this.

Likewise

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.