are you pro-registration or anti-registration

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio

im anti registration in the situation of the registration act. tell me what you pic and why?

#2 Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio

in case your new this is involving the civil war in the marvel comicbook universe

#3 Posted by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio
@ said:
" im anti registration in the situation of the registration act. tell me what you pic and why? "
What ?  Registration, as in "registering to vote for presidential candidates" ??  Please specify, man !!!
#4 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

This shouldn't be in the battle forum.

#5 Posted by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio
@ said:
" in case your new this is involving the civil war in the marvel comicbook universe "
Oh,  now  i  c.  Oh well, in that case then,  i  don't know.  Sorry.
#6 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio
@WindCloud said:
"@ said:
" im anti registration in the situation of the registration act. tell me what you pic and why? "
What ?  Registration, as in "registering to vote for presidential candidates" ??  Please specify, man !!!"

He's talking about the Superhero Registration Act in Marvel Civil War.

Personally, I would agree with it. Superheroes hold huge amounts of power. Is it not fair to have them register their identities to the government?
#7 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i sided with Cap because i liked his team more, however, i do agree with the registration act and keepin the superhumans in check

#8 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" This shouldn't be in the battle forum. "
its an obvious two camp  discussion hence VS.

i am against any forced registration with any government party due to the fact that the government has no right to know anything about your personal business and are horrible at keeping such information private. take for example millions of Social Security numbers and personal information that was lost that had military info on all those ppl.

#9 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

Superhumans are just too dangerous not to be watched.

#10 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree they have too much potential for evil 

#11 Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio

i think they should be watched but not have there privacy taken a hero dosnt wear a mask to hide something but to protect something or someone.

#12 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@ said:
"i think they should be watched but not have there privacy taken a hero dosnt wear a mask to hide something but to protect something or someone. "

not allways true. Deadpool for example
#13 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
Deadpool isnt a hero  - -   he is an anti hero at his best or simply a mercenary.

#14 Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @ said:
"i think they should be watched but not have there privacy taken a hero dosnt wear a mask to hide something but to protect something or someone. "
not allways true. Deadpool for example "
well deadpool isent technicly a hero yes he's had his hero moments but hes a merc as in he gets paid to kill. plus hes insane.... (i can't belive i just bashed my favoret hero)
#15 Posted by Fluke-buddha (644 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @ said:
not allways true. Deadpool for example "
I'll have to disagree here.  Deadpool wears a mask to protect everyone from looking at this hideous face :-p
#16 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" @Nobody said:
its an obvious two camp  discussion hence VS.
 "
Battle forum is for characters actually fighting each other.
#17 Posted by Fluke-buddha (644 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd side with Anti-Registration.  Governments are always susceptible to corruption, the very same ppl trying to prevent the abuse of powers could abuse them themselves.  Keep it pure, damn the man!

#18 Posted by Detective (524 posts) - - Show Bio

im Anti-Registration

#19 Posted by NightFang (9856 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm both Anti-Registration and pro-registration.

(That would make me the guy playing both sides.)

#20 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

pro

#21 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Anti. I understand and respect both sides, but if I were a hero, I wouldn't have much of a life if I ever revealed my identity to the public.
#22 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti

#23 Posted by neur0txn (2 posts) - - Show Bio

let me clear this up for some of you. people with super powers did not ask for it, therefore, it should not be a curse. as for "the potential of evil" regardless of if they have to register or not, they will be evil, and in the event that they are evil...they more than likely will not register. if you want to register and become a slave to society because its "socailyl acceptable" and "responsible" then become a fuckin plumber lol. anyways, in the beginning, before established law and order, there was freedom, and as deeply plunged into chaos as we were, we still hadthe right to think, feel, and act as we pleased. so, in short, im anti-registration not because im "rebelious" but simply because it is the one, true way for things to be fair. it is not the fault of the super powered people that they have powers, nor is it their fault that normal people do not, and you should not be punished for something that is not your fault, regardless of whatever "benefits, or rewards" the government offers, it should strictly be voluntary. (if a hero wants to work a 9-5 hero job then let them be lame lol) but it should not be forced.

#24 Posted by Lunacyde (17835 posts) - - Show Bio

ANTI....how can you side against Cap?

#25 Posted by LiquidSnakeZero (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess i'm pretty neutral on it. I guess i'd go anti registration.

#26 Posted by <the skull> (265 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you all for your input

#27 Posted by JThree47693 (2538 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti. Superhumans shouldnt be forced to register, that is just the government abusing their power. They just pretty much want to make the superhumans their pets.
#28 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

during Civil War I was anti but after seeing what Tony did with the Initative prior to Dark Reign I've since gone Pro 

to the people who say that it's too dangerous for a hero to reveal his identity to the public....they don't have to reveal it to the public just to Tony Stark...he was the only one who had access to the Regirstration files....Spider-man only revealed his identity to boost the registration act's public relations and to get more heroes to register

#29 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on the fence. The whole reason for the registration act was because a whole bunch of people died because of a superhuman incident in Connecticut. So one one hand there is a public demand for protection against these people, but registering with the government is like giving the govt new weapons at most and someone to blame when things go wrong at the least. I can see the benefits of dispatching a team of superheroes to fight a team of super villains, but govt's are corrupt buttholes. 

I couldn't imagine any govt wanting to take responsibility for the actions of superheroes after how much property damage they do on a day to day basis.

#30 Posted by kneel before doom (304 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" during Civil War I was anti but after seeing what Tony did with the Initative prior to Dark Reign I've since gone Pro  to the people who say that it's too dangerous for a hero to reveal his identity to the public....they don't have to reveal it to the public just to Tony Stark...he was the only one who had access to the Regirstration files....Spider-man only revealed his identity to boost the registration act's public relations and to get more heroes to register "
Nah, Cap said villains like Dr.doom and mastermind could hack into the files without breaking a sweat.
#31 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio
@kneel before doom said:
" @danhimself said:
" during Civil War I was anti but after seeing what Tony did with the Initative prior to Dark Reign I've since gone Pro  to the people who say that it's too dangerous for a hero to reveal his identity to the public....they don't have to reveal it to the public just to Tony Stark...he was the only one who had access to the Regirstration files....Spider-man only revealed his identity to boost the registration act's public relations and to get more heroes to register "
Nah, Cap said villains like Dr.doom and mastermind could hack into the files without breaking a sweat. "

Cap said that.  But it's never happened and right now the only place the registration files exist are in Tony's head and he's going through the process to erase his mind
#32 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

they never got the chance to make it happen.. all it takes is espionage person to steal files or telepaths/technopaths... hell their were skrull infiltrators and ppl behind the whole thing... tony having all the info in his head is stupid but it is comics.. doesnt matter b/c at one time the files where not in his head.. in the real world government files are constantly hacked or misplaced stolen, lost our government at times share such files with other world governments ect ect..

#33 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see very many hackers that would be able to hack into any computer system that Tony designed....even when it wasn't in his head he was the only one who had access to it
#34 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

so what was the point of the registration act if government still lacked access to such info.. last i checked ppl like shield and other various government agency had access to names and power of  various ppl as well..

#35 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

I may have been wrong about Tony being the only one who had access to it but it turns out that no one had access to it  

#36 Posted by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

If it comes down to following Tony or Caps, I am going to have to go with the American war Hero, Captain America.  
Hes earned my trust. :P
#37 Posted by Jetshade (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro. At first I was anti, but writers and readers alike deciding that the pro side were the villains pushed me in the other direction.

On a side note, as far as characters go, I've always preferred the flawed, complex, pragmatic, and far more interesting Iron Man to Captain Perfectman.

#38 Posted by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jetshade said:
" Pro. At first I was anti, but writers and readers alike deciding that the pro side were the villains pushed me in the other direction.   On a side note, as far as characters go, I've always preferred the flawed, complex, pragmatic, and far more interesting Iron Man to Captain Perfectman. "

Its not easy being perfect, Cap's awsomeness is almost uncontrollable.
#39 Posted by Jetshade (421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:
Its not easy being perfect, Cap's awsomeness is almost uncontrollable. "

I know it's not easy being perfect. It's also downright BORING.
#40 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
#41 Posted by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jetshade said:
" @Hellos said:
Its not easy being perfect, Cap's awsomeness is almost uncontrollable. "
 I know it's not easy being perfect. It's also downright BORING. "

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
#42 Posted by G-regula (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm anti-registration act. I propose different legislation. Meta-human offenders would be registered as such and tracked after release in the same way sex offenders are, because they pose a unique threat to society. It may be reactionary, but that is how the criminal justice system works. You punish an offense, you don't profile and presume guilt until proven innocent. Perhaps better funding for public programs similar to the Xavier Institute would help to preempt Meta-human crimes. Vigilantism is illegal, so heroes should be aware of that. There are plenty of loopholes in the justice system to exploit in that regard though.

#43 Posted by G-regula (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Who appointed Tony Stark as the head of the morality police anyway? Not exactly the most responsible person in the world.

#44 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-regula said:
"I'm anti-registration act. I propose different legislation. Meta-human offenders would be registered as such and tracked after release in the same way sex offenders are, because they pose a unique threat to society. It may be reactionary, but that is how the criminal justice system works. You punish an offense, you don't profile and presume guilt until proven innocent. Perhaps better funding for public programs similar to the Xavier Institute would help to preempt Meta-human crimes. Vigilantism is illegal, so heroes should be aware of that. There are plenty of loopholes in the justice system to exploit in that regard though. "

I'm Pro, tho i do see your point...nice take on it. I think if you have a power and want to operate as a hero/team you should be registered. If you choose to just be a regular person and never use your powers, your good to go. No need to register cause no one knows you can do anything. The way i see it is... powers are a weapon. Cops, military personnel, and even regular civilians have to register any and all weapons they have. And your name, address, etc... gets filed. If you dont and you get caught you can go to jail. if you operate as a masked hero your already putting your loved ones in danger. if your mask comes off or your IDed by a villian, your screwed anyways. And that has like 98% chance of happening more  then some super genius computer hacker getting into Starks hero database and wanting to know the secret id of Nova or some other C-list hero. If heroes were that scared about it, stay their asses at home. lol
#45 Posted by Sovereign Son (1901 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Hottness said:
" @G-regula said:
"I'm anti-registration act. I propose different legislation. Meta-human offenders would be registered as such and tracked after release in the same way sex offenders are, because they pose a unique threat to society. It may be reactionary, but that is how the criminal justice system works. You punish an offense, you don't profile and presume guilt until proven innocent. Perhaps better funding for public programs similar to the Xavier Institute would help to preempt Meta-human crimes. Vigilantism is illegal, so heroes should be aware of that. There are plenty of loopholes in the justice system to exploit in that regard though. "
I'm Pro, tho i do see your point...nice take on it. I think if you have a power and want to operate as a hero/team you should be registered. If you choose to just be a regular person and never use your powers, your good to go. No need to register cause no one knows you can do anything. The way i see it is... powers are a weapon. Cops, military personnel, and even regular civilians have to register any and all weapons they have. And your name, address, etc... gets filed. If you dont and you get caught you can go to jail. if you operate as a masked hero your already putting your loved ones in danger. if your mask comes off or your IDed by a villian, your screwed anyways. And that has like 98% chance of happening more  then some super genius computer hacker getting into Starks hero database and wanting to know the secret id of Nova or some other C-list hero. If heroes were that scared about it, stay their asses at home. lol "
High Five for making sense!
#46 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sovereign Son said:
" @The Hottness said:
" @G-regula said:
I'm Pro, tho i do see your point...nice take on it. I think if you have a power and want to operate as a hero/team you should be registered. If you choose to just be a regular person and never use your powers, your good to go. No need to register cause no one knows you can do anything. The way i see it is... powers are a weapon. Cops, military personnel, and even regular civilians have to register any and all weapons they have. And your name, address, etc... gets filed. If you dont and you get caught you can go to jail. if you operate as a masked hero your already putting your loved ones in danger. if your mask comes off or your IDed by a villian, your screwed anyways. And that has like 98% chance of happening more  then some super genius computer hacker getting into Starks hero database and wanting to know the secret id of Nova or some other C-list hero. If heroes were that scared about it, stay their asses at home. lol "
High Five for making sense! "

LOL, thanks...i try son
#47 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go anti, but that's because of my belief in basic civil liberties and freedoms. Basically, I think it should be determined whether someone has to register based on the crime committed. It's like sex offenders. If some sixteen year old guy gets caught having sex with a sixteen year old girl and gets arrested, I really don't see why he should have to register as a sex offender, but a child rapist should obviously have to register. Once again, it's based on severity. If some meta-human had to kill to protect his family from say, a hostile invasion of some sort, then why should he be forced to register as a criminal when really, he's done nothing but protect his property and loved ones.

#48 Edited by Sovereign Son (1901 posts) - - Show Bio

Me I am Pro: I disagree with the way that tony went about his war (let call it that) clones of old friends and so on. But the basic idea is sound. I know this may sound wrong on my part but lets look at Teen Age Drivers for instance! Teenager have the highest rates of accidents and deaths then any other driver. Now thats the power that comes with a car, think of that bully at school or that one twisted kid that no one could really understand until he turned up at school with an m16. Now give that kid the powers of Iceman or Daredevil. Let just think about that...... I believe that the instant you use your powers you should register, if you decied not to use them then you do not have to. The way I look at it is if you are a solider or been in any of the armed forces you sign up to protect your country, If you break the law you go on to a database. The same should be used here, If you want to fight crime then you sign up, much like the police, army or anything else that has you protecting people.  What if the police did not have to sign up and wear a uniform but where allowed to carry guns? would this make you happy! Everyone who protects us still needs someone to answer to, If not you get what I have nicknamed the Tony Stark syndrome.

#49 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sovereign Son said:
 Everyone who protects us still needs someone to answer to, If not you get what I have nicknamed the Tony Stark syndrome. "

Nice dude, thats how the real world works
#50 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84479 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're talking the "Real World" then the answer is obvious. If we're talking about the Marvel Registration Act then of course the answer is no. Making heroes secret identities known to the public is silly. We have undercover agents in the Real World, they're trained and monitored without the public knowing who or where they are. Using known villains who have killed innocent people to track down and capture known heroes (without supervision) is crazy beyond words. Did anyone see what Bullseye did to Jack Flag? Just the night before Jack stopped a woman from being rapped. And what did he get for being a hero? Bullseye ramming a metal blade so far into his back that he'll never walk again. Not to mention the fact that afterwards, when this hero was lying helpless on the ground, another known villain proceeded to beat him down. We dont even have to mention the fact that people were arrested and detained without do process. They were shipped to some superhero Guantanamo Bay in the Negative Zone. "Um, can I get that one phone call now please?" I would have been anti all the way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.