Can Sunspot still fly

#1 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

Or did he some how lose this power because recently he has depicted this power & is alway seen charging people on foot or being carried by another flying member of the team usually Sam so I was just wondering about that?
#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

From Zeb Well's last-but-one X-Position

Why isn't Sunspot utilizing his flight and energy blasting powers? Roberto is depicted as flying on the Kubert variant cover of “New Mutants” #1 and in “Uncanny X-Men” #513. Assuming he still has these powers, why is Cannonball carrying him around?

This will get addressed in a later issue. Sunspot’s powers aren’t exactly what they seem. 

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

He's flying in X-Men Vs Agents of Atlas number 2.

#4 Posted by forsake (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he still can..

#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It just depends on the writer.  So whether Wells is going to de-power him, or just doesn't like him flying around remained to be seen.

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" It just depends on the writer.  So whether Wells is going to de-power him, or just doesn't like him flying around remained to be seen. "
I think Wells was a fan of Reignfire and i have a feeling we're going to see a little more of that within Sunspee.
#7 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: Sunspee? LOL! 

I think you may be right.  He certainly loves a lot of the old stuff.  The Reignfire story was messed around by so many different writers that I hope he doesn't go there.  Sometimes it's better to leave a mess like that in the past, instead of trying to sort it all out but accidentally raking up all the muck again.
#8 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @pixelized: Sunspee? LOL! 

I think you may be right.  He certainly loves a lot of the old stuff.  The Reignfire story was messed around by so many different writers that I hope he doesn't go there.  Sometimes it's better to leave a mess like that in the past, instead of trying to sort it all out but accidentally raking up all the muck again. "
A.k.a. Psylocke coming back from exiles, being put back into her original body, but not really. 

I'd like for Roberto to be more than just strength... but seeing as how Cannonball's thing is flight, i guess it's not too necessary.
#9 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I miss Sunspot's sun flares/energy blasts that he picked up after he was Reignfire.  It's like it's a step backwards for all the New Mutants.

#10 Posted by 244 (498 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" I think I miss Sunspot's sun flares/energy blasts that he picked up after he was Reignfire.  It's like it's a step backwards for all the New Mutants. "
I guess Zeb Wells isn't a fan of characters getting power upgrades or something. Maybe he wants the New Mutants to be a balanced team and he mentioned about Sam Guthrie being an external is in the bottom of his to do list.when dealing with characters. Personally I prefer Sunspot's powers to be merely super strength when he powers up.
#11 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@244 said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" I think I miss Sunspot's sun flares/energy blasts that he picked up after he was Reignfire.  It's like it's a step backwards for all the New Mutants. "
I guess Zeb Wells isn't a fan of characters getting power upgrades or something. Maybe he wants the New Mutants to be a balanced team and he mentioned about Sam Guthrie being an external is in the bottom of his to do list.when dealing with characters. Personally I prefer Sunspot's powers to be merely super strength when he powers up. "
He seems to focus on the characters' abilities from the original series.  Cannonball was able to do more with his blast field, but at the moment he can only use it while flying... which doesn't make sense compared to how he started to use his powers in pre-AoA X-Force.  It seems the same goes for Sunspot.  
#12 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@244 said:

" @xerox-kitty said:

I guess Zeb Wells isn't a fan of characters getting power upgrades or something. Maybe he wants the New Mutants to be a balanced team and he mentioned about Sam Guthrie being an external is in the bottom of his to do list.when dealing with characters. Personally I prefer Sunspot's powers to be merely super strength when he powers up. "
He seems to focus on the characters' abilities from the original series.  Cannonball was able to do more with his blast field, but at the moment he can only use it while flying... which doesn't make sense compared to how he started to use his powers in pre-AoA X-Force.  It seems the same goes for Sunspot.      
#13 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Has he been seen flying in regenisis?

#14 Posted by BuddyBulson (427 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: has he been seen? hahaha jk jk

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.