Follow

Sun-Eater

Character » Sun-Eater appears in 53 issues.

The Sun-Eater consumes suns, destroying whole galaxies.

Real Life Sun-Eater

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

Granted this is just a simulation, but it is brought to us by NASA so it is probably relatively accurate.  The Sun-Eater is a fictional creature/construct created by the Controllers which can consume a star or ever an entire universe.  This looks at it as the sun-eater not being a sentient being, but rather just a black hole.  Pretty cool imagery though.  The original article (and video) can be found here
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By Dracade102

That is pretty cool.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dondasch

This, is absolutely awesome.  Has it ever been determined what kind of force/pull is needed to actually pull a sun/star/light into a black hole ?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#3  Edited By RazzaTazz
    @dondasch
    I study environmental science, not astrophysics, so I really don't have much of an idea.  I would hypothesize that there is a separate kind of event horizon for black holes in relation to the gravity well of another celestial object.  Once the gravity well of the body passes the event horizon of the black hole it is only a matter of time until they join into one.  I would imagine it would depend on the size of the object though.  Each object would have its own gravity well of various sizes. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

Cool. From what I know, solar mass black holes aren't exactly powerful as far as pull, unless objects are very close, then there is a huge disparity between black holes of that size and supermassive black holes, the type in center of a galaxy, now those I'd label Sun Eaters... its cool art, I wish comics employed such visuals more! Its a great medium to have such fun in. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.