Follow

Suicide Squad

Team » Suicide Squad appears in 774 issues.

A constantly changing black ops group composed primarily of incarcerated super-villains who perform black ops missions with a low chance of survival in exchange for the possibility of a shortened sentence. This "squad" was organized and put together by Amanda Waller. The official name is "Task Force X", it's nickname is the "Suicide Squad".

Will SS be where the failed villains of the reboot go to die

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BatteredArmor

The preview for Suicide Squad 6 is out and the first migrants from other books have been integrated into the team. Light and Lime new villians from Green Arrow's book have joind along with Savant the new villian first and last seen as a reject from SS #1. Green Arrow's first batch of new threats didn't go over to well, they annoyed me personally so much I dropped the book after issue 2, could DC be planning to use SS a team that in the new 52 has already gone through multiple members to kill off all their untried and failed villains from the larger DCU. If so we probably won't see great character's like Talon or Nobody there anytime soon but who do you think or hope will be sent to slaughter nest

here's the link: http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/80288858

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BatteredArmor

Oh come on, I know you all want some villain to die and here's your chance to rant about it, you know you want to

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

I don't necessarily think DC is including these new 52 "failed" villains (though, I do think they are failed as well) so they can die and be forgotten but rather so they can expand become known within the DCnU. Fighting alongside Deadshot and the rest of the original new52 SS would be good for them

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

I don't necessarily think DC is including these new 52 "failed" villains (though, I do think they are failed as well) so they can die and be forgotten but rather so they can expand become known within the DCnU. Fighting alongside Deadshot and the rest of the original new52 SS would be good for them

This may be a good interpretation and some of the characters that weren't popular in there original books may become popular or at least liked by the writer and kept alive, still as much as I've been loving SS it's been a virtual meat grinder allot of characters come in that don't come out, so intentional or not the more non popular new villains that are sent in the more that will probably die

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

bump?

MoodyKingMoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MoodyKingMoron

Suicide Squad has always included lesser-known Z-list characters. The whole point is to be a meat-grinder for villains that for whatever reason can't make the cut in mainstream titles. Its actually kind of interesting to see a couple of new villains get thrown in.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Martian

Not a bad idea, actually...

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

You know thi is th Suicide Squad, lesser villains have always being part of the team, heck the best member are unfamous character in the mainstream.

BlueArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlueArrow

I love that idea!

That gives you lots of little crossovers with characters from different books. Like Light and Lime in Green Arrow. 2 stupid villains who joined suicide squad where they were given slightly more attention. And no spoilers but interesting stuff happens to them, making me want to read the first three issues of Green Arrow to see them before Suicide Squad

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.