Follow

Suicide Squad

Team » Suicide Squad appears in 774 issues.

A constantly changing black ops group composed primarily of incarcerated super-villains who perform black ops missions with a low chance of survival in exchange for the possibility of a shortened sentence. This "squad" was organized and put together by Amanda Waller. The official name is "Task Force X", it's nickname is the "Suicide Squad".

'Suicide Squad' SDCC Trailer Officially Released

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@degalon:

See how you just cut the crap and pointed out

1) it's because he's black

2) you're tired of "race" swapping. I assure you "everyone" isn't tired of it. There's a reason they keep swapping out characters to make them black in film. Which was what I was trying to get across to the other guy.

However, I KNOW it has something to do with racism. Probably not everyone but that doesn't mean much when the ones who mean it and the ones who don't are covering for each other.

The racism comes from people not being honest like you just were and coming up with BS excuses which like I stated just equates to "he's black" in all honesty. You might not consider mbj as Johnny storm, but I do. Get it? It's a race thing. Whites, not all, but a majority of the ones complaining are white. The ones who don't care or like it with less complaints generally are black.

How could he neither look nor act the part of Deadshot? He's never acted as Deadshot before and you didn't see the movie yet. As far as your opinion on his acting, it's your opinion, wrong as it may be. Fresh prince Will and Robert neivelle are two totally different characters played by the same actor. Which themselves are separate characters from Nikki. I could go on but I'm willing to bet a majority of people on here dismissing and criticizing Will's talent are white here. I'm new here and I already picked up that. It's not a good thing. I consider him a fantastic actor.

you guys should actually watch him in the movie to see how he acts out the character role he's been assigned? We saw about as much of him as we did of Harley and Boomerang and katana on that clip. Only difference is he's the only "race" swapped one and coincidentally the one most of the complaining and slander is about. You'd like to convince me it's a coincidence. Several "aww hell nah" comments say otherwise. Correct your buds before you go for the guy reacting to the people at fault.

Sad_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degalon: The name of the guy who played bane is tom hardy show some respect and I personally thank batgod that the nolan verse was as different as it was.

Nolan set out to make a good superhero film by focusing on the essence of each character and he succeeded beyond expectations

It's a good thing nolan didn't focus on petty garbage like giving importance to how close the characters look in comparison to the comics like you do.

We should consider ourselves lucky no comic book nerd has any influence in decision making in film studios

Roger ebert said it best in his dark knight review

"Batman is not a comic book anymore. ..........In his two Batman movies, Nolan has freed the character to be a canvas for a broader scope of human emotion"

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone looks great except the Joker IMO. He kinda reminds me of a failed magician turned punk rock band member.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Look like a dissapointing movie.

Pensilism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By Pensilism

Just for fun))) Not spoiler

Loading Video...
    Sad_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nite_nite:

Yeah we saw more of cara D and Harley than we did if will Smith and none of them looked like a traditional version of their character (Harley didn't even have that accent which is good IMO) and neither of them got this hate but will Smith does and guys saying he can't act really? Please don't you haven't heard of his performance as Ali or his performance in pursuit of happiness

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sad_max:

Exactly. A seasoned veteran in Hollywood with a cast of rookies, yet he's getting pointed out as what's wrong with the movie. Sounds fishy.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degalon:

See how you just cut the crap and pointed out

1) it's because he's black

2) you're tired of "race" swapping. I assure you "everyone" isn't tired of it. There's a reason they keep swapping out characters to make them black in film. Which was what I was trying to get across to the other guy.

However, I KNOW it has something to do with racism. Probably not everyone but that doesn't mean much when the ones who mean it and the ones who don't are covering for each other.

The racism comes from people not being honest like you just were and coming up with BS excuses which like I stated just equates to "he's black" in all honesty. You might not consider mbj as Johnny storm, but I do. Get it? It's a race thing. Whites, not all, but a majority of the ones complaining are white. The ones who don't care or like it with less complaints generally are black.

How could he neither look nor act the part of Deadshot? He's never acted as Deadshot before and you didn't see the movie yet. As far as your opinion on his acting, it's your opinion, wrong as it may be. Fresh prince Will and Robert neivelle are two totally different characters played by the same actor. Which themselves are separate characters from Nikki. I could go on but I'm willing to bet a majority of people on here dismissing and criticizing Will's talent are white here. I'm new here and I already picked up that. It's not a good thing. I consider him a fantastic actor.

you guys should actually watch him in the movie to see how he acts out the character role he's been assigned? We saw about as much of him as we did of Harley and Boomerang and katana on that clip. Only difference is he's the only "race" swapped one and coincidentally the one most of the complaining and slander is about. You'd like to convince me it's a coincidence. Several "aww hell nah" comments say otherwise. Correct your buds before you go for the guy reacting to the people at fault.

Ah, no, you're just ignoring what I"m saying and making up what you wanted to hear.

1) Its not "he's black".

It's "He doesn't look like the character. At all." That's not racism, that's pointing out bad casting choice.

2) The only people okay with the race swapping are the ones who don't read comics and so aren't aware of all the diverse heroes that aren't getting promoted/should be in movies instead. Or worse, the ones who ARE aware, but just want to get rid of white characters instead.

Like look at Avengers.

Correct way to have racially different heroes.

Have Tony Stark and James Rhodes, Iron Man and War Machine. Have Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson, aka, Captain America and The Falcon. That's diversity with both black and white heroes.

The Wrong Way to have racially diverse heroes.
    Arbitrarily make Tony Stark black, or Steve Rogers black. It's not racist to point out that's not what the character is, it's racist to try to replace a characters race with one you want instead.

Like Assault on Arkham (Which is the same thing as this film) did it the correct way, by having Deadshot, actually look like deadshot, but they went out of their way to bring in a black character for diversity. Whereas this film just arbitrarily cast someone who can't even pass for the character. Whether that's to force diversity or just ride on Will Smith's name, the result is still the same thing: That's not anywhere close to what Deadshot looks like, and THAT'S what people are mad about. Same thing is happening with X-Men. Their version of Apocalypse looks more like Ivan Ooze than the comic character, and that's what fans are angry about.

So again, please stop trying to play the race card. That's not what any of this is about, not matter how many excuses you make.

As for Will SMith's acting, most movies I've seen are the same character in the same way that Keanu Reeves always plays the stoic savior, Jack Black is always the goofball, Christopher Walken is always Christopher walken, Johnny Depp is always the kooky, vaguely effeminate counterculture goof, etc. There's always exceptions, but most of their roles are the same character. Its type casting.

men in black, wild wild west, independence day, i robot, fresh prince, hancock, etc, were all just "will smith". There's storyline differences, but each character was otherwise exactly the same.

And again, just going by the trailer, it looks like he's doing that again, rather than any emotional pull like some of his dramatic roles.

I'm not saying he's not a good actor. I'm just pointing out he's a poor fit for the role. It's not his type of character. Again, Deadshot is more like Robert Downey Jr's version of Tony Stark, but a little toned back.

I know i'm gonna see this movie, and i'm just gonna be seeing "Will Smith", not "Deadshot", is all.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degalon: now you're just going in circles and making the same excuses while trying to sweep the prejudice under the rugs.

No such thing as a race card. Only truth.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By Degalon

@sad_max said:

@degalon: you're full of shit dude. you give more importance to appearance than characterization. For example downey Jr. Ironman is only similar to comics ironman only in terms of appearance but in terms of characterization they are completey different but that's not important for you is it and deadshot was never as charismatic as Roberts iron man.

And why are you only looking at wills summer blockbusters and conveniently ignoring his performance in Ali , in pursuit of happiness or even his performance in I am legend. If the director wants wills charming usual self to rake in cash he does it and if it involves taking on a more complex role he does it just as good and believe me playing deadshot is no more difficult than playing Mohammed Ali.

Johnny depp is not versatile to you. Have seen any of his performances other than Jack sparrow ( which itself is original to the bone). His performance as Wade walker? Ed woods? J.M Barrie?( for which he got an Oscar nom),Edward ? Or the one in fear and loathing in las Vegas or any of his lesser know but critically acclaimed performances?. So if some performances have similar qualities they are the same to you? .

No. I give EQUAL importance to appearance and characterization, as both are what make up an iconic character. You just don't care about either.

As I said, I didn't ignore his performance in those at all, I mentioned he's done dramatic roles, I just didn't namedrop them because they are in the minority of his roles. Also I Am Legend was freaking terrible and I'd rather forget it.

I've seen Johnny Depp in films as far back as edwards scissorhands and Nightmare on Elm Street. Again, as I said, there's always a few exceptions but the vast majority of his roles are "kooky goth". Even Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas wasn't that far off, except he wore colors other than black there.

What's needed for comic book roles, specifically, is Character Actors, which these guys are not. For reference, Character Actors are people whose roles are so wildly different that they are almost unrecognizable from role to role. Whereas with will smith, it's almost always just will smith.

Funny how you're conveniently ignoring like half of my posts.

@nite_nite said:

@degalon: now you're just going in circles and making the same excuses while trying to sweep the prejudice under the rugs.

No such thing as a race card. Only truth.

And the truth is you're racist and prejudice and wanna hide behind it by claiming everyone else is, got it.

You keep claiming prejudice, while the rest of us keep getting mad when adaptations are "in name only"

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Trailer looks awesome. I'm hyper.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degalon:

-ignores the people complaining about will being Deadshot because he's black.

-Calls the guy pointing it out a racist.

Sad_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By Sad_max

@degalon:

I don't mean to pick a fight with you dude but you don't seem to understand the amount effort and talent being put into this film. Let me explain

Do you know why bryan singer couldn't make a superman returns sequel despite it making a decent profit and getting good reviews 78% rt?

Or why marvel whom everyone thinks can do no wrong is hesitating to make a hulk solo film again despite his roaring popularity?

Or why we don't have more of del toros Hellboy films despite them being so good?

Because they didn't make the expected profit ,enough to finance future films and were hence considered too risky.

And keeping this in mind do you really expect d.c to make a film , a serious film for that matter with mostly b-list characters and not hire a guy who us good box office draw

And they didn't just hire a guy who is only a box office draw but a guy who is a box office draw and a very good actor I.e will smith and also got character actors as you call them for roles that that absolutely require them viola davis leto robbie ..etc

How many guys these days do both.....hmmm lets see

Dicaprio....

Tom hardy?????....oh wait they did get this guy but for a different role but sadly he left

Do you know why d.c got these guys ?because they wanted this film to be both a commercial and critical success that would set the stage for future dccu

But this isn't enough for you is it ?

Do you want d.c to go back in time and get brando?

Or should they invent a youth serum and get good ol pacino or deniro? I mean am pretty sure Dicaprio would not have been enough to satisfy you guys if will can't and I mean it's deadshot we are talking about here not an easy character like the joker or hannibal

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

The more I think about it, the less sense this makes. They say "Superman made them creep back from the shadows" Ok, fair enough but...Ben Affleck is playing Batman in this movie...so he's old Batman right? So why are all the villains so young? I mean, Joker looks maybe 20 +, maybe 30 years old but we're getting 50+ year old Batman? That makes no sense? Nothing about this trailer or this movie makes a single spec of sense.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@sad_max: Cut out the swearing. It's not allowed on CV's forums. First and only warning.

The more I think about it, the less sense this makes. They say "Superman made them creep back from the shadows" Ok, fair enough but...Ben Affleck is playing Batman in this movie...so he's old Batman right? So why are all the villains so young? I mean, Joker looks maybe 20 +, maybe 30 years old but we're getting 50+ year old Batman? That makes no sense? Nothing about this trailer or this movie makes a single spec of sense.

Batfleck is in his 40's, he's not over 50. The Joker looks young because Jared Leto looks young; he's a year older than Affleck but somehow looks like he's 25.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: But Harley is clearly young. So we're getting Older Batman but all his enemies are young? Save maybe for Deadshot.

This is all hurting my head how little it makes sense. From harley's terrible 'outfit' to the team choice. The Superman v Batman movie is clearly heavily based on The Dark Knight returns which means an older batman and in that we clearly had an older joker too but Leto looks way too young to be an Old Joker.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@docholiday: Harley has always been younger than the Joker and Batman. Who are "all his enemies"? Deadshot looks old enough, and Killer Croc's age is not exactly easily determined by looking at him. The others are not Batman villains.

Snyder has said several times that it's not a remake of TDKR; it borrows some thematic and visual elements from that story, mostly for Batman, but it is not a 1:1 recreation. The Joker doesn't have to be old.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: So it takes what it likes and screw the elements it contradicts? Katana was an enemy of Batman before he brought her in to join The Outsiders but she looks young.

None of it makes sense. From the age to the costumes.

texplorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im really looking forward to this

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jazz1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#324  Edited By jazz1987

What perfect era we live in for a group of villains to be glorified. Makes you proud to be in America where one day people are scared to death they'll be shot in a theater by a terrorist who idolized Joker while watching a movie done by DC. They shouldn't be making a film where a group of semi-terrorist are the ones who save the day. WTF?

Lunarstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sad_max: Well Del Toro is making Hellboy 3 so you can rest on that one xd

Yellow-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By Yellow-Streak

OH my god do you idiots not see that this is the first trailer for this movie? Wow you guys really make it look like we are the biggest babies in fandom. Screw all of you haters!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.