Follow

Suicide Squad

Team » Suicide Squad appears in 774 issues.

A constantly changing black ops group composed primarily of incarcerated super-villains who perform black ops missions with a low chance of survival in exchange for the possibility of a shortened sentence. This "squad" was organized and put together by Amanda Waller. The official name is "Task Force X", it's nickname is the "Suicide Squad".

Suicide Squad Movie Cast Announced

Numbuh1Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Numbuh1Nerd

Will Smith is either going to be completely terrible or perfect for Deadshot.

I hear Jai Courtney's a weak link, so I have doubts about Captain Boomerang.

Margot Robbie is fine for Harley, but the writers are going to have one hell of a time trying to get her right.

Rick Flagg is the only role in this movie I could see Tom Hardy in after just playing Bane.

Personally, I don't think I care about Enchantress. It'll be nice to some magic in the DCCU, but "evil female Shazam" just doesn't interest me too much.

I have high hopes for Jared Leto's Joker. Ledger was excellent, but Leto has the opportunity to be that perfect Clown Prince of Crime, one who's more theatrical and funny but with just as high a body count, if not higher. Something more like Joker in the Arkham games.

As for Amanda Waller, please god do not cast Oprah. Can you even imagine the memes? "You get an explosive implant! You get an explosive implant! EVERYONE GETS AN EXPLOSIVE IMPLANT!!" Either of the other two on their list would be just fine.

All in all, I just hope they intend to make a Suicide Squad movie and not DC's Guardians of the Galaxy. I certainly hope its more nuanced than Assault on Arkham (especially for Harley's sake).

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Deadshot isn't nearly charismatic or awesome enough to be played by Will Smith

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By buttersdaman000

@redleader1 said:

@buttersdaman000: the thing is that there are far better less expensive actors for that role. I don't mean actors better than him I simply mean actors better for that role. He can be dramatic but deadshot is a very depressing character and really should be played by an actor that's super fantastic at playing that role. Will can be an okay deadshot but he would make a great bronze tiger and Tom hardy would make a fantastic deadshot. Just cause an actor has been dramatic dies not mean you should pick him for a certain role especially since you should only change the race of a character is the actor is the most amazing pick for that role.

Also he may not have been the reason after earth sucked but he was not very good in it. Plus the reason they cast him is obviously for "diversity" and cause he is an a list actor which is not a good idea. He is a fine actor but he is just not right for the role, I think he is great and can be dramatic but that does not mean he should be cast for a role like deadshot. It's just a poor choice.

So basically you're just another fan who disagrees with a casting choice because it wasn't what you envisioned? You're a dime a dozen.

@redleader1 said:

@buttersdaman000: deadshots level of serious is that of a man who had lost everything and wants more than anything to die a big epic death. Smith can play dramatic but deadshot is such a layered character and even if he has played dramatic well its still not his strong suit in fact there are plenty of suicide squade characters that he is perfect for. Just cause someone can play a kind of character pretty well does not mean you should cast them for a role that takes that to an extreme. You should cast the most perfect actor for a role even if their not the right race but they want him for star power and for "diversity". I hope he is amazing and is right off the page but the reasoning behind the casting seems pretty dumb.

Smith can't play Deadshot.....because Deadshot is too layered......but you're fine with a relative unknown like Robbie playing Harley Quinn because.....what?? Looks? And Jai playing Boomerwang? Lol if you're gonna be against Smith in this role at least do it for the looks. He can play Deadshot. Your criticism of his acting is completely unfounded.

Bonzi161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a boring lineup of villians

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I just had chills up my spine about Leto playing the Joker in an Affleck directed Batman solo.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numbuh1nerd: Oprah is a fine actress. Have you seen The Beloved or Color Purple?

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
    thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This cast is motherhugging great.

burningzeroX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think we are going to see more villains in this movie, but they will more than likely be B or C level. There is no way we are going to have this movie and someone not die. I don't really see any of the squad getting killed with the exception of Rick but who knows at this point.

IAmTheCrowning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow @ peoples ignorance as far as Smith goes, there are only two reasons anyone would have a problem with him playing Deadshot...1) They don't think he has the acting chops, which is completely wrong, I get that some people may not have like some of his performances, but that in no way takes away from his talents as an actor.Even if he hasn't played a role like this before, that doesn't dictate that he can't or can. 2) He is black, and Floyd is not, although going off of AoA i'd say that version was def mixed with black at least ala Lex Luthor in Superman TAS.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker: it did make 170 million overseas.

It is the same thing that happened with dredd

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really really really like the Joker casting. Leto is an amazing actor.

But I don't think it'd make much sense to have Joker be a big part of the movie.

But it's hard to imagine Joker in something without being the something, y'know?

Maybe he'll just be there for a second to set up Harley. Maybe also to test the waters for bringing Joker back and seeing how people react to Leto playing the part.

Who knows?

Superbat420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who feels as if none of these characters are going to die which kind of defeats the purpose? Joker being in the movie doesn't make since, you never need two wild cards

zackattack93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The enchantress there talking about isn't the marvel one seeing as this is a DC film. There talking about the dc comics enchantress.

http://www.comicvine.com/enchantress/4005-31464/

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I don't think it'd make much sense to have Joker be a big part of the movie.

But it's hard to imagine Joker in something without being the something, y'know?

Maybe he'll just be there for a second to set up Harley. Maybe also to test the waters for bringing Joker back and seeing how people react to Leto playing the part.

Who knows?

Was thinking the same thing, though I think he'll be there longer than a few minutes or so. He'll just play a minor part I think.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thecomedian_ said:

Who knows?

Was thinking the same thing, though I think he'll be there longer than a few minutes or so. He'll just play a minor part I think.

As long as he doesn't take the movie over I'll be fine with it.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

must.. not.. respond.. to.. racists.. online..

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If DC didnt have to depend on Warner Bros then all their movies would be boss, but sadly their parent is the lame embarrassing one you hide from your friends.

Numbuh1Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: I'm sorry, but I just can't imagine her as the type who would look Batman dead in the eye, y'know? Plus we'll be lucky if Will Smith's Deadshot will escape the realm of far-too-easy jokes and memes, let alone Oprah. I think it's a lot like my only leftover problem with Will Smith playing Deadshot: the actor is far too big for a character so small to the mainstream.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please no oprah

JSAVen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#224  Edited By JSAVen
    MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised they made Floyd black, but that's about it.

The casting or acting has never been a problem with these upcoming DCU movies, nor is it here. What remains to be seen is everything else.

Excited for how it's going to turn out though.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By jorgeareizaga

Marvel movies are boring and dumb, GREAT WE NEED MORE DC MOVIES!!!!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Joker in Suicide Squad? Is this a joke?

IAmTheCrowning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people not thinking straight? Obviously the joker won't be in the SS, they are just announcing the cast for the film, and Leto/Joker just happens to be apart of that announcement.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will Smith is a great actor who for all his success is actually underrated as an all around actor. Watch that episode of Fresh Prince when Will's father left him and he asked Uncle Phil why his father don't want him! I ball every time! WIll Smith, I think has the swagger to really make Deadshot interesting and stop acting like Deadshot is a freaking deep complex charecter like Joker. Not a very hard role for most actor's to play.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who feels as if none of these characters are going to die which kind of defeats the purpose? Joker being in the movie doesn't make since, you never need two wild cards

I could see Flagg or Boomerang biting the dust here, in all honesty. Or Enchantress. Nothing says someone has to die every time. They go on missions that are suicidal, but it's not like they couldn't all make it and still have things come out pretty well as a movie.

And Joker probably won't even be part of the team, so there's a good Wildcard and a bad one.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Marvel has proven that obscure characters can become massive successes. If Enchantress were to become the RR of Suicide Squad, Marvel would be reluctant to give Enchantress a prominet role in future MCU installments.

Beata

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@dagmar_merrill: Of all the characters they could have used, they go with one who shares her name with a popular Thor villain? Not cool.

Beata

Well, DC had a character named "Captain Marvel" before Marvel trademarked it. So, the moral of the story is.......karma's a bitch. Marvel can just call her "Amora" when the time comes to use her.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Greatest

Cast for a CBM ever ! These comic book fans are stupid for complaining about appearance of the actor in regard to the character. Will smith looks like the deadshot that was in arkham asylum , even though he was a latino character I think. And every other actor looks like the person they are portraying. just be happy Wb and DC have Oscar level actors in this movie . Great job DC!!

lagoonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

where is bronze tiger, gimme bronze tiger!!!

Stefaniii33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: Yeah I'm not 100% about the joker being apart of this either, also unhappy about will smith,he's great but mostly his movies are just to make money at the box office

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@deranged_midget said:

@truemarvel said:

I think this movie is being stuffed with big name actors because WB knows that otherwise it simply wouldn't garner the attention this early in their fledgling cinematic universe.

Guardians of The Galaxy was able to use lesser known stars because of the confidence Disney/Marvel built up in their fans.

I see what you're getting at but Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper are HARDLY lesser known actors.

Let's not forget Josh Brolin, Glenn Close, Djimon Hounsou and Benicio Del Toro.

Werd

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: your misunderstanding what I'm saying. It's not that he is not what I envisioned its that he is not the best pick for the role. He could pull it off but he has never really played a character as depressing and broken and Floyd. Yes some actors can do roles you never thought they could but that does not mean that anyone can play any part. Your suppose to cast someone who is good for the role, and will is not right for deadshot. Other than his one apperence in the golden age, Floyd has been a depressing, drunk, broken shell of a man. Will might pull it off but your not looking at this from the right perspective if you think that him being a good actor in drastically different roles makes him a good pick here. There may be a good reason they chose him but logically speeking a man who is best at comedy and is mostly hit or miss in dramatic roles is not a good cast for the character from the comics. No duh people expect deadshot to have an actor who works really well with the comic version as that's what this is. It's not a new creation it's an adaptation and you should not just drastically alter a characters personality to fit the actor, you should cast the right a tie for the character. Yes it can be fine to change stuff but there is no good reason to modify deadshot to the point where he is funny no matter what story your telling. Now maybe he is not playing a funny version if Floyd but then if he using that they cast an actor who is okay dramatically for. Time to time. What kind if logic are you using to say that sit stupid to expect deadshot to be like deadshot. Now this could work but as of this point your claim is idiotic, this is a character based in a comic character so why the hell would we be expecting him to be completely different. You don't cast an actor who has only been dramatic and depressing for spiderman unless that really is for some reason what fits you version of the character. Come on why do you think we where hoping that if we get a character we love so much on screen, that he would be rationally different. Even if it fits you as a fan want to see deadshot in screen not someone who only has that save name. Are you acually a deadshot fan or just a comic fan who does not really know the character? He is like cause he is a man who lost everything and I want to see will pull that off but just from what we know at this point he is not the best casting. And again I love will smith but ya he is not deadshot no matter how you slice it at this point.

Oh and I don't care about boomerang and Harley cause I don't like her on the squad anyway and I never said I was fine with them. Your putting words in my mouth dude. I never saw then before so I am more inclined to reserve judgment on their casting while despite being a fan if will smith, he is not good casting. Even if he does do a good job. Yes I am a fan boy but they are making a movie about characters I love so there top priority should be to tell a story with these characters not modify them to tell a story that does not resemble the comic that is the reason this movie is happening. Anyway I hope he fits it but as of now I am not certain he is right for the role. Not that he is bad for the role.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.