SUICIDE SQUAD GAME OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED

#1 Posted by Baddamdog (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

In this afternoon's "DC Focus: Geoff Johns" panel at Comic-Con International, DC Entertainment's chief creative officer revealed that work has begun on a Suicide Squad video game.

Johns said the game, which is being developed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, will be "hardcore violent."

The studio's video-game publishing unit has undergone dramatic expansion over the past few years, acquiring developers TT Games, Snowblind Studios, Rocksteady Studios and Turbine Inc., and in March announcing plans for a new game-development studio in downtown Montreal.

Following the critical and commercial success of last year's Batman: Arkham Asylum, which sold a reported 2 million copies in its first three weeks of success, Warner Bros. announced it's developing a sequel. It's also working with Double Helix on a Green Lantern game that will be released along with next summer's film.

DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson told Hero Complex it's part of a push to put more DC characters in WBIE titles. (The new WB Games Montreal is expected to focus largely on the company's comics properties.)

Although Nelson says that not all of the games will tie in to movies -- for instance, Arkham Asylum had nothing to do with The Dark Knight -- it seems likely that Suicide Squad title will be connected to the big-screen adaptation announced in February 2009.

- ARTICLE FROM COMIC BOOK RESOURCES
#2 Posted by KingLoki (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Coming to a console near you
This is great news. I'm hoping for a M-rated game inspired by the MUA formula.
#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13626 posts) - - Show Bio

not a big fan but if the roster and gameplay is good  i might pick it up
#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. I hope the roster is decent.

#5 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

I had high hopes for the game, until it was stated to be based on the upcoming movie.

I think I'll spend $60 on something else when it comes out.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91405 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheshire and Bronze Tiger better be in it or no sale...

#7 Posted by brc2000 (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

Being a huge super-villain fan, I'll probably be interested depending on whether there's going to be a PC version or not.

#8 Posted by Crackdown (610 posts) - - Show Bio

So how'd that turn out for you, guys?

#9 Posted by BigCimmerian (8841 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#10 Posted by JakeN7 (13193 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

lmfao I slightly got excited until I saw the date that it was posted

#12 Posted by BigCimmerian (8841 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12589 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by BigCimmerian (8841 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't mean to dissapoint you, I wanted to hear if there are any recent news about the game hahahaha

#15 Edited by zaied (1464 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: With the release of Assault on Arkham, and the endings of Arkham Origins and Blackgate, I'd expect it to pop up not too long after Arkham Knight.

There's been a ton of Suicide Squad build up from WB pretty recently, so if it's ever going to happen, I can see it being official soon.

#16 Posted by BigCimmerian (8841 posts) - - Show Bio
@zaied said:

@bigcimmerian: With the release of Assault on Arkham, and the endings of Arkham Origins and Blackgate, I'd expect it to pop up not too long after Arkham Knight.

There's been a ton of Suicide Squad build up from WB pretty recently, so if it's ever going to happen, I can see it being official soon.

Cool, I'm sick of Batman games, other DC heroes should have games. I'd like to play great Aquaman and Flash games besides Suicide Squad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.