Follow

Suicide Squad

Team » Suicide Squad appears in 774 issues.

A constantly changing black ops group composed primarily of incarcerated super-villains who perform black ops missions with a low chance of survival in exchange for the possibility of a shortened sentence. This "squad" was organized and put together by Amanda Waller. The official name is "Task Force X", it's nickname is the "Suicide Squad".

Suicide Squad Creator Gives Thoughts On Movie Roster

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    I think a lot of people were surprised when it was announced that a movie was in the works for Suicide Squad.  This has the potential to really turn things around.  A superhero movie focusing more on the villains could be something.  Okay, maybe the "Dark Knight" should have been called "The Joker" but you know what I mean.

What concerns me a little is Suicide Squad creator John Ostrander didn't find out about the movie deal until the morning it was announced.  I understand that when a comic book movie will be made, they don't necessarily have to talk to the actual creator.  It just makes more sense to include them.  Who else really knows the property and characters?

Talking to MTV, Ostrander gave his thoughts on who he thinks should be in the movie.
    “I think that [government liaison to the team] Amanda Waller is a necessity,” said Ostrander. “Ditto for Deadshot, Rick Flag, Bronze Tiger, Nightshade, and the original Captain Boomerang.”

It could be difficult to get the rights to all these characters but, as mentioned, none have appeared in any movies before. 

Ostrander also mentions that he hasn't been contacted about the movie but is not ruling out the possibility.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Daaayumn. That would be awesome if they actually used the characters mentioned. I cant even imagine seeing Deadshot and Bronze Tiger on the big screen. That would be sick.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

Let's start crossing our fingers, praying, making voodoo ritual pacts or whatever it takes to get this to happen.

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Spectrum

Sounds pretty b!itchin,

Id like to see what they do with CAptain Boomerang, weather they tome it down, or tone it way way way up.

Im talking nuclear-rang baby!!!!!!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    G-Man said:
    "Let's start crossing our fingers, praying, making voodoo ritual pacts or whatever it takes to get this to happen.
    "
    No Caption Provided
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Nighthunter

they better change boomerang's costume if they include him

Fa Shu Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Fa Shu Kai

This could be the one comic movie i will be so damn ahppy to see turn out great. I mean i want them all to but if they pull this off and keep it to the comics it be freaking awesome

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Media_Master

I haven't heard of the Suicide Squad, sounds cool.

Detective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Detective

im happy aslong as Deadshot, Bronze Tiger and Bane are in it

Rex Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rex Havoc

Bane? 
    I love the character but I like Ostrander's line up, Waller, Flag, Deadshot, Bronze Tiger, Nightshade, Cap. Boomerbutt......throw in Count Vertigo or The Enchantress and I'm sold!
    Suicide Squad was THE BEST book of the 80s next to The New Teen Titans, frickin' ruled!

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By MrMiracle77

This would be a very smart move for Warner and DC.  Suicide Squad is much more adaptable for a movie-length storyline than Green Lantern or Wonder Woman would be.

Wouldn't mind seeing Duchess as a sideways way of including one of the New Gods in a film.

MadHatter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MadHatter2
    @Nighthunter said:
    " they better change boomerang's costume if they include him "
    its awesome! gives the australia feel. though they should have it black backround, red boomerangs

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.