Follow

Suicide Squad

Team » Suicide Squad appears in 774 issues.

A constantly changing black ops group composed primarily of incarcerated super-villains who perform black ops missions with a low chance of survival in exchange for the possibility of a shortened sentence. This "squad" was organized and put together by Amanda Waller. The official name is "Task Force X", it's nickname is the "Suicide Squad".

Suicide Squad Cast Revealed in New Photo

LordDarkFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

They chose the wrong eye for deadshot.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

This cast look amazing . Im proud to be a DC fan . Killer Croc looks great IMO and Deadshot looks amazing. I didnt think Will would wear a mask but looks like I was wrong . They even made Captain Boomerang look badass!! I also love the New look for Enchantress and ofcourse Margot Robbie as Harley is hot as ever

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This cast look amazing . Im proud to be a DC fan . Killer Croc looks great IMO and Deadshot looks amazing. I didnt think Will would wear a mask but looks like I was wrong . They even made Captain Boomerang look badass!! I also love the New look for Enchantress and ofcourse Margot Robbie as Harley is hot as ever

Ultron345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most look great. Killer Croc looks a mess though.

bibigk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@feartheliving: I totally agree with you. To me, Killer Croc is completely out of proportion, with an enormous head and ridiculously tiny limbs. As for Harley, they are simply going to rely on sex appeal once more, rather than develop her character qualities as they used to, so liking it or not I guess I have no choice but to accept that.

Mr_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They look great! Margot Robbie looks amazing as Harley!

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mrtummytumms: Dang :/ I thought I had it all figured out! I guess not.

vddv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By vddv

Deadshot is white, isn't he?

Why didn't the movie cast Deadshot as being white?

On this very site, Deadshot is described as having blue eyes. I've never seen a black with blue eyes. Are they going to make smith wear blue eye contacts?

Is there anything wrong with being white? Except defending yourself against black thugs if you're a cop, apparently.

There's Black Spider. If they wanted a black actor in the cast, why not use him for a role that's already black?

How much of an uproar would there be if MLK was cast as white?

Maybe they should cast Abraham Lincoln as black being the president who freed the white man.

And, if it has to be a minority, why not an Indian (East or West), polynesian, or oriental?

Considering the DC universe, why even make him a him or a human? Why not an orange female alien?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Looks like Call of Duty mixed with the Addams Family.

For real.

No Caption Provided

deathcamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cara :-)

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Spidermancdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is what i would do to touch up the look of these characters. (from left to right)

Slipknot-Probably is the least known out of the bunch (which isn't looking good for the character) so his look remains bearable for the most part. However the ropes running down the shoulders to the knee caps need to go. Not only does it look ridiculous but how would that help with function if you have something tugging on your joints whenever you move. Yes we get that ropes are his thing but illustrate them on the sides not over the body what good is a "weapon" you cant help but get tangled in.

Captain Boomerang-For the most part it looks like the look is caught. The actor they chose for this role has the look to fill in for the darker tone hair and facial hair color, but those raccoon eyes have got to go. Also that white scarf would definitely look better than the stupid gold chains around his neck. We get it your a gangsta at what you do.

Enchantress-OK so this woman looks like she should be in an Insidious movie. What is it about magical characters that they either put too much or too little in their look? Find a balance and for the love of the character lighten up the look. Keep the style fine, but have a touch of brighter green throw into the mix and give her back the trademark hat over her head. (pointy or hood i would take anything than a powerful witch that doesn't know how to use a comb)

Katana-I would say she has the best look out of all of them. Functional, great representation of the character and a mask that does justice. Maybe that's why she wasn't added to roster until now because she is their diamond in the rough. If i had to add anything it would be a piece of paper with my number in her pocket. Next.

Rick Flag-The man in charge. Armed with nothing but one assault rifle, two clips, um..a wrist communicator,....hmm... and...good looks? Come on now if the guy in charge is worthless after you remove his one piece then how will he take order. Slipknot has more ropes than Flag has accessories. Also the shirt lighten it up give the man his yellow shirt. Yes i know not very stealthy but at least we would know that there was some attempt at creating a genuine Rick Flag.

Harley Quinn-Why did we go back to high school? I get the look I do but a better more updated version of the suit could have done so much better. We all saw the look of the Joker, does Harley really look like his other half? They could have experimented with the look a little bit more and with the actress playing the role anything could have worked better than this. However, it looks like the asked the actress to go home and find an outfit that looks like Harley and we will take take care of the makeup and you saved us time and money. The second most hyped character is a fan girl in her cosplay fit.

Deadshot-The suit is great. Tactical, reinforced, functional, and genuine. With the mask on the look was captured, but without its a man in a red military suit. The gauntlet guns on his wrist i would have matched in color with the helmet. Those gauntlets, along with his eye and killer accuracy, are what make the character so memorable. Deadshot wont ever need a gun with those two lovelies on his arm and he is beyond dangerous in hand to hand combat when he has revolvers on his wrists. So why not push that look out a little more with a lighter color.

Killer Croc-Let me say that i am very surprised on how well the face makeup came out. Rough, detailed, and disturbing you would understand the character with a mere glimpse of his face. However, the casual attire has got to go quickly. This reptile man spends his time in slimy swamp like places unless the situation calls differently and having a nice night out to the movies attire isn't really his m.o.. Have him running around shirtless with torn jeans and bare feet to have the flexibility he would need to fight. Also a taller heavier set actor could have done better since he seems to be nearly eye level to the rest of this team. If Croc is the muscle of the squad they aren't showing it in this photo.

El Diablo-Before i even begin this is El Diablo (Santana) not Lane which is who pops up whenever you click on the name at the bottom. To see this character is a huge surprise and even thought i am liking the look of his tats he will need more in order to show off his powers. Granted he will have much more underneath but when he is dressed up like a high school cholo it demeans the character. The addition of the cross on a chain is a great accessory actually touching base on his spiritual nature, but Diablo doesn't need to be covered up with a look like that. He is walking art and his art is his power, why would you even consider covering that up?

There is my piece. Still excited for this film but its a 6/10 for the look.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Mekboy
    JohnnyPHreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#267  Edited By JohnnyPHreak

I love the look. I know a lot of people are having issues with Harley's look. I'm fine with it. I think by the end of the film she's be in the red and black. Something tells me she's on the outs with Joker and that's why she's got the color in there. I'm shocked to say that Kinnamen and Smith look pretty BA. I like that there is no Joker in the photo. I think don't think he's a part of the team. I dunno what his role will be in the film, but I like that it's very cloudy on that front.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Fallingcliffs

Harley looks awesome, don't care what anyone says. She doesn't have to have the overly done, manson/emo eyeliner. If you watch every medium of her, she doesn't even over do it with the make up so this is PERFECT.

Katana looks nice, and the dude all the right on the right reminds me of MIST from Flash.

Overall looks good, Killer Croc looks a little weird but not horrible. Still hard to get over Will Smith's Deadshot, especially unmasked...lol but whatever. I hope he has the eye piece most of the time.

sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like everyone and i think El Diablo will be shirtless when action starts, so they're saving his looks for dramatic entrance.

Slipknot is 100% deadman.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

harley costume looks like something you could put together in a walmart for like 15 dollars..... I LOVE IT. i mean im sure it wont be all that good but im still gonna love it

Timotheus316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Timotheus316

Looks cool. No expectations but will be seeing this, hopefully opening day.

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am i the only one who has noticed that Deadshot has the visor on his left eye, but he is holding the gun right-handed

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmmmmmm........

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to say I really like the looks of the characters. I think Smith looks great as Deadshot, nice to see he also has a mask as well. Margot looks fantastic. I know a lot of people have issues with the look of Harley, however the most popular and well known look for the character is from the Arkham video games so they were always going to go off that look.

I really hope that with this movie coming out that DC release a collection of all of Ostrander's run.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

Jones is pleased...much pleased indeed.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Dr_Harlequin

@jbreen: I thought the design was based off Suicide Squad Harley, since that is the movie they are making. If they want to go off Arkham design, they would have directly made it look like that.

I think they pretty much went off the least popular design.

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_harlequin: Talk about splitting hairs. The Suicide Squad Comic Harley look itself was based off the Arkham look to begin with.

And I think it is definitely the most popular look amongst the general public. If you went up to somebody on the street and asked them about Harley then I bet you the majority of the time the general public would automatically think of the Arkham look. That's not to say that the Animated Series Harley look isn't great, but we have to remember with these movies they need to appeal to the wider general audience and not just us fans.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By Dr_Harlequin

@jbreen: I know it's based off the Arkham look; I'm just saying it's so horribly done that it barely looks like it in the comics. If they were really going for the Arkham look in this movie, than it should look like it, not the Suicide Squad's "wannabe Arkham" look; which I think is the worst version.

And in Assault on Arkham, they went with a version that was more like BtAS than Arkham. That movie even took place in the same timeline as the games

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_harlequin: Nobody said they were "going for the Arkham look." It's obvious they are just basing their design and interpretation on it. There is a big difference between going for a specific look and basing something on a look.

At the end of the day whether comic fans like it or not it doesn't matter, they have gone for a look that she is most well known for (pig tails and all round skimpy clothing) and they have added their on interpretation to it.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By Dr_Harlequin

@jbreen: You're right, but I only assumed they would've made it look more like Arkham because of the claim of its popularity, and less like the one where fans gave backlash; which to some degree should matter.

But my point is that the design isn't based on Arkham directly, but the comic Suicide Squads. Hence the name of the movie and the subtle similarities. I don't see how this design is based off Arkham just because the one it actually is based off of is. With that logic, I could say the comic SS one is interpreted off the original outfit because the Arkham one was designed to look like it. And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if they're going for a look they think is well known, what matters is if it actually looks good and works.

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By Jbreen

@dr_harlequin: Really? This is really splitting hairs to be honest and it's just silly saying "oh no it is not based on that look A, it's based off look B, which is itself based off of look A." It's just silly.

All that matter is they have based their costume off the most familiar look for the character(for the general public). It's important for the general public to recognise the character, and yes we want it to also look good( I think it looks good). We won't know until we see the movie if the look works or not.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Do they shop at Hot Topic?

I bet they shop at Hot Topic.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall cool. The only one that doesn't really look good is Croc.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By righteous300

I really want to see more of Enchantress. She seems to be the most low key of the cast so far.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. The only one I'm excited about is Captain Boomerang. But this movie will be crap.

It just know it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.