Follow

Suicide Squad

Team » Suicide Squad appears in 774 issues.

A constantly changing black ops group composed primarily of incarcerated super-villains who perform black ops missions with a low chance of survival in exchange for the possibility of a shortened sentence. This "squad" was organized and put together by Amanda Waller. The official name is "Task Force X", it's nickname is the "Suicide Squad".

Reading Suggestions

mdamasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So my girlfriend, having just seen the comic con trailer,is really excited about the movie and asked me for some reading suggestions. Awesome right! The problem is I've never read an Suicide Squad and there is quite a few volumes. Any suggestions you could offer about the best runs, or best trades? Preferably one that isn't bogged down in some event and is pretty accessible bc this will be her first taste of the DC universe. Thanks for the help!

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Ostrander Run.

But the movie looks to be based on some level in the horrible 52 Squad.

mdamasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I take it the new one is really bad? The Sean Ryan on is on sale 50% off so she wanted to get that one

jonny1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

@mdamasco: Go for the John Ostrander series. DC is going to be reprinting them in bigger trade paperback graphic novels starting this September.

As for the New 52 series: It's decent in my opinion. But you're better off reading John Ostrander's work on the team.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

To me the movie seems to be based on the 80s Suicide Squad, New 52, and that Joker comic by Brian Azzarello.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.