Follow

Suicide Squad

Team » Suicide Squad appears in 774 issues.

A constantly changing black ops group composed primarily of incarcerated super-villains who perform black ops missions with a low chance of survival in exchange for the possibility of a shortened sentence. This "squad" was organized and put together by Amanda Waller. The official name is "Task Force X", it's nickname is the "Suicide Squad".

Newest New Suicide Squad

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Thoughts?

I think it's kind of silly for Parasite and Black Hand to be there. Let alone a Talon.

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The fact that this teams doesn't mesh well is the point. It's like when someone buys a sports team and fills it with top players but they don't work well together in the end the team will either fail or implode.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

To be honest, it really seems like an awful line up. Every single one will never die - and isn't that the point of the Suicide Squad? That anyone can be killed off at any time? There's no stakes to this line up, because none will ever die.

Even ignoring that massive flaw, none of these characters are even slightly matched. I'm a massive fan of New 52 and the Squad itself, but this is a big problem to me. I won't be reading this title.

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scolton97: That is always going to be the problem with any Suicide Squad no matter who is in the line-up, the characters will become too popular to kill off.

I think this line-up could be fun, I think Reverse-Flash and Talon would be the most likely to bite the bullet.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbreen: There's no way they'd kill off Reverse Flash, he's too big a deal, especially right now with CW's Flash showcasing him around. But it's very possible to happen to Talon - if anyone is gonna die, my bet is it'll be him!

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comkid100: Really and truly it all depends on the writer

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scolton97: This Reverse-Flash is not a big deal, this is Daniel West. That is why I don't think he is guaranteed to survive.

The Reverse-Flash on CW's The Flash is Eobard Thawne, in the comics he is known as Professor Zoom. Zoom happens to be appearing The Flash comic when the title returns in June.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbreen: Didn't know that was Daniel West, by bad. Thanks for filling me in!

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daniel West I could see die, especially as Zoom is coming back and him and Cheetah together on a team is redundant.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Reverse Flash always looked so dumb in the New 52?

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It is a bit of a mish mash , and I'd prefer if Harley was on the team. Why not just have the upcoming movie cast?

Non the less , Its one of my favorite team title of baddies , I'll roll with this group , see how it goes.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, it really seems like an awful line up. Every single one will never die - and isn't that the point of the Suicide Squad? That anyone can be killed off at any time? There's no stakes to this line up, because none will ever die.

Even ignoring that massive flaw, none of these characters are even slightly matched. I'm a massive fan of New 52 and the Squad itself, but this is a big problem to me. I won't be reading this title.

To be fair, I can see Black Hand and Parasite getting removed somehow. Ivy could well escape. Flash, Cheetah, and Talon would actually make an interesting team, though.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
    @scolton97 said:

To be fair, I can see Black Hand and Parasite getting removed somehow. Ivy could well escape. Flash, Cheetah, and Talon would actually make an interesting team, though.

Nah, there's no way they'd die. Maybe I'll turn out to be wrong, but both characters are way to big a deal to be killed off, especially in a Suicide Squad comic.

And agreed on Talon and Cheetah, I was a bit harsh in my original post - these two I can see being a good match.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ScouterV

@scolton97: Die? Nah. Pretty sure Black Hand is already dead anyway, and best to keep Superman's baddies alive. He tends to lose them enough anyway, but let that happen in a Superman story. Doesn't mean they won't somehow escape the Squad though, ya know? Others have beforehand. Ivy could appear dead and have that just be a facade to escape.

The Talon is an unknown since there's no clue what this particular one is like. It could be a solid character.

Poison Ivy

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: That's a great point actually, that they may escape without dying. I suppose that could happen to any character really - but overall, I'm still disappointed with the line-up. I'd rather it be C-grade villains, obscure and unknown ones rather than superpowered A-listers and solid B ones.

I can understand why they brought the bigger characters in, as the Suicide Squad is a hot property right now, but I'm still [pretty disappointed.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

No Deadshot and Captain Boomerang? That's kinda sad. They were always my favorite Suicide Squad veterans.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: That's a great point actually, that they may escape without dying. I suppose that could happen to any character really - but overall, I'm still disappointed with the line-up. I'd rather it be C-grade villains, obscure and unknown ones rather than superpowered A-listers and solid B ones.

I can understand why they brought the bigger characters in, as the Suicide Squad is a hot property right now, but I'm still [pretty disappointed.

Eh. I only see half these guys as A/B-Listers. Ivy, Flash, and Cheetah. Until he/she develops a personality, Talon is fodder. Parasite is just one of those characters that will get by because his powerset makes him difficult to kill and Black Hand, in my opinion, will likely never reach the same level of importance he had in Blackest Night (which is disappointing, and hopefully I'm wrong,) but again, his powerset makes him difficult to kill.

Flash, Cheetah, and Ivy should be safe.

Talon could well bite the dust.

Parasite and Black Hand are just difficult (and in Black Hand's case, likely impossible) to kill.

Like I said though, Parsite, Ivy, and Black Hand could vanish somehow or another from the squad. Flash is likely going to stay for awhile on his road to redemption.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
    @scolton97 said:

Eh. I only see half these guys as A/B-Listers. Ivy, Flash, and Cheetah. Until he/she develops a personality, Talon is fodder. Parasite is just one of those characters that will get by because his powerset makes him difficult to kill and Black Hand, in my opinion, will likely never reach the same level of importance he had in Blackest Night (which is disappointing, and hopefully I'm wrong,) but again, his powerset makes him difficult to kill.

Flash, Cheetah, and Ivy should be safe.

Talon could well bite the dust.

Parasite and Black Hand are just difficult (and in Black Hand's case, likely impossible) to kill.

Like I said though, Parsite, Ivy, and Black Hand could vanish somehow or another from the squad. Flash is likely going to stay for awhile on his road to redemption.

Yeah, if anyone is to go I'm pretty sure it'll be Talon - I still see Parasite as an A-lister however, and you're probably right about Black Hand, but the only way I see these characters leaving the Squad is through escaping, not death.

Either way, what I mean is that I'd rather the characters be smaller scale, less powerful villains - just a personal preference.

Linda97026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.