Follow

Suicide Squad

Team » Suicide Squad appears in 774 issues.

A constantly changing black ops group composed primarily of incarcerated super-villains who perform black ops missions with a low chance of survival in exchange for the possibility of a shortened sentence. This "squad" was organized and put together by Amanda Waller. The official name is "Task Force X", it's nickname is the "Suicide Squad".

Come On, Folks

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl

So, Suicide Squad is the one current title that I've been following fully, (I'm at 9 in Detective and 8 in Batwoman, even less in others), because of my obvious devotion to Harley Quinn. It's been a rollercoaster ride... however, I'm noticing a bit of a bad trend....

#1: *grunt* Looks okay.

#2: Heh. This seems kinda cool.

#3: Eh. Not too bad.

#4: Meh. Not the best but I've seen worse.

#5: Oh hey, this actually looks like it might be shaping up.

#6: Hot damn, this is actually pretty nice.

#7: *slow clap*

#8: Eh, weaker issue, I can forgive that.

#9: *displeased groan*

#10: *grunt*

#11: Oh for $#%@'s sake, I'm going to CV to rant.

Has anyone else noticed that the last several issues have been decidedly craptastic? The story doesn't really seem to be going anywhere, absolutely no tension is building, I have been given no reason to care about Basilisk, and we're seeing less and less of the good characters, and more of people like Iceberg and El Diablo, both of whom are tedious and one-dimensional. I WANT to like this series, but more and more I'm wondering if it's even worth my time.

What do you think, Vinerz?

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I like Squid just fine, but it's a second string comic, not that is a bad thing., Dc knew what is was. So why try hard, is their mindset.

I think Harley is there cause they didn't know where to put her lol

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SoA

i got no problem with it . im a deadshot fan everyone else is secondary. ik the OP is a harley fan but i could care less for her if she died in the next issue (won't happen bc of fanbase) i wouldn't be upset. i can see from other's perspective that they may feel bored with it i feel the same with batwoman, hawkman,red hood, and captain atom. but i see it as deadshot and team have mission . d-lister is taken out, deadshot continues with mission,end of issue i dont need drama or anythin else that " makes a story good" its simple its action-packed im good. lol

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joygirl

@SoA: There isn't even any action. What was the last bit of action that wasn't Deadshot randomly shooting someone in the face?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By SoA

@Joygirl: Deadshot fan - im kinda in it for him randomly shooting someone , sorry its not ur taste

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joygirl

@SoA: Ah, right. Silly me. >.<

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By _Black

I haven't even kept up with the new Suicide Squad.

SiycoBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SiycoBat

I honestly thought the latest issue was okay but it isn't anything magnificent. Although seeing the team bicker and lose their heads over who was really betraying who was funny. And you're right, I see no tension building for the big finale of this arc.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SupBatz

@Joygirl: I assume this is the thread you mentioned bumping?

I'll be straight with you: I've only read issues 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 11. One, like you said, was okay. Nothing special but it was a set up. Five was alright but not memorable. Six and seven were pretty good. I liked Harley's origin (though I wish it hadn't ended with her being thrown in the acid). Eight I said the same as you. And eleven was terrible but I chalked that up to an occasional bad issue.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joygirl

Ah. Well, no, not occasional bad issue... it's been getting steadily worse since 8.

BlueArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By BlueArrow

@SoA said:

i got no problem with it . im a deadshot fan everyone else is secondary. ik the OP is a harley fan but i could care less for her if she died in the next issue (won't happen bc of fanbase) i wouldn't be upset. i can see from other's perspective that they may feel bored with it i feel the same with batwoman, hawkman,red hood, and captain atom. but i see it as deadshot and team have mission . d-lister is taken out, deadshot continues with mission,end of issue i dont need drama or anythin else that " makes a story good" its simple its action-packed im good. lol

I agree so much...

I like all the characters (well the ones that don't get killed off every issue) but I totally agree. I don't want any drama. Just the team having to kill their targets. And the action scenes are really cool like the prison break.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.