Best DC book pre-New 52?

#1 Posted by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

I read on Amazon that Suicide Squad was the best DC book pre-New 52. Is this true? I want to collect all the issues Bane appears in and hearing this comment is making me want to pick up the trades even more.

#2 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

suIcIde squad was good I personally thought green lantern was the best sInce most of the books lIke batman and superman were goIng downhIll. also If youre new to comIcs bane Is not lIke the dark knIght rIses bane hes much,cooler but way dIfferent

#3 Posted by Mara (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns GL and Geoff Johns Flash were pretty great.

#4 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic series with Bane is called Secret Six. It was a much better comic than the current Suicide Squad team.

#5 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic series with Bane is called Secret Six. It was a much better comic than the current Suicide Squad team.

Secret six was amazing, this

#6 Edited by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

So did Bane ever appear in Suicide Squad? It seems from comments on Amazon that Suicide Squad pre-New 52 was a good read and I am interested it picking it up if this is true,

suIcIde squad was good I personally thought green lantern was the best sInce most of the books lIke batman and superman were goIng downhIll. also If youre new to comIcs bane Is not lIke the dark knIght rIses bane hes much,cooler but way dIfferent

I have Vengeance of Bane and Knightfall

#7 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think bane ever was in suicide squad, he was in secret six

#8 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeeddie: I think Bane was in one issue of Suicide Squad. Secret Six is what you want to buy if you like Bane.

#9 Edited by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeeddie: knightfall is bane at his best. i forget what arc it is tho, but pickup where bruce and bane have to team up and bruce finally defeats bane on his own

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.