Follow

Suicide Squad

Team » Suicide Squad appears in 774 issues.

A constantly changing black ops group composed primarily of incarcerated super-villains who perform black ops missions with a low chance of survival in exchange for the possibility of a shortened sentence. This "squad" was organized and put together by Amanda Waller. The official name is "Task Force X", it's nickname is the "Suicide Squad".

A Literary Suicide Squad

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

If you had a Suicide Squad made up of villains in literature (not that comic books aren't literature, but you know what i mean), who would be on your team and who would play the Rick Flagg part; the man who keeps them all in line?

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
    serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Sephiroth

That's pretty much it

-stg

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

- Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter)

- Jack Frost (From Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book)

- Mr. Croup and Vandemar (Neverwhere)

- Sauron (LOTR)

- Ender Wiggins (Ender's Game, Rick Flagg character)

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would this concept play differently than League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? Those characters are ruined when the stories end.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By feebadger

@vampireselektor:Well, i don't think you can really 'ruin' a character which has been around for such a long time and is so indelibly etched into the public conciousness. If a reader doesn't really like what is done to a character by a new writer, they can always go back to the original or, thanks to the ever expanding joy of fan fic, create your own version which errs closer to the original concept or read the twenty squillion new versions enthusiastic amateurs produce by the minute (comicvine has it's own rather impressive stable of writers doing that very thing right now!) And ho would this concept play differently to LOEG? It's not actually a comic book, is just a question in a thread and it's not written by Alan Moore :)

@impervious: Fantastic group. I'd read it :)

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VampireSelektor

@feebadger: I meant "ruined" as in their lives are ruined. Many of the Leaguers end up murdered, if not maimed or severely traumatized after serving a government that cares little about them, like Suicide Squad. And yes, I know, I was just making a comparison ;).

KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ig Perrish (Horns)

Roland (The Dark Tower)

Palmer Eldritch (The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch) - He'd take Rick Flaggs role

Ser Robert Strong (A Song of Ice and Fire)

Charlie Manx (NOS4A2)

Roy Batty (Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep?)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.