etragedy's Strange Tales #135 - The Man For The Job! review

Nick Fury the original Hero Reboot

In one of the most genius reinventions of a character Stan Lee, seeking to capitalize on the then-popular trend of super spies, took Sgt. Fury and made him Colonel Fury; twenty years further along in his career. In this issue the Colonel, who still considers himself "a three-striper at heart", is recruited by the U.S. branch of an international counter-espionage group called S.H.I.E.L.D. to lead their worldwide mission against the villainous organization known as Hydra, that is bent on world domination.

Since it's only twelve pages long with lots of action, there's really not much more to this story than that - but that's plenty! It's a great setup that gives a little background to both S.H.I.E.L.D., Hydra, introduces the Helicarrier, and shows why Nick Fury is 'The Man for the Job!'

Posted by RazzaTazz