otoboke's Strange Tales #102 - Prisoner Of The Wizard! review

Prisoner of the Wizard!

Oh here we go again! This month it’s the classic tale of brains vs. brawns as Torch squares off against The Wizard, who, I guess got his nickname because being smart means you’re obviously an aficionado of the black arts. No, but really, it’s probably because he invents crazy nonsensical stuff like chairs made of air. He’s a freakin’ Wizard for crying out loud, and he’s out to take on his biggest challenge yet; to defeat Johnny Storm…! Uh, what? Okay so maybe The Wizard has gone a little coo-coo as of late, but it at least gives us an entertaining story to read up on. So yeah, we can forgive the genius for slipping up once and thinking The Human Torch was something to be fighting against in order to prove himself. I mean, if it means we get to watch his radical political outbursts such as “DOWN WITH LAW AND ORDER!” blazed in the sky, then so be it. A fun issue, for sure… especially with Sue making a surprise visit in the closing panels.

For full reviews complete with digitally recovered covers and art work, visit http://manicmarvel.tumblr.com/