Follow

Stormwatch

Team » Stormwatch appears in 310 issues.

Wildstorm Universe's Stormwatch was a United Nations-sponsored superhero organization controlled by the Weatherman. The New 52 DC Universe's Stormwatch is an ancient clandestine society that has been defending the Earth from the otherworldly threats for centuries.

Stormwatch Still on the Suck Train

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The worst part now is that I think people are accepting this. It's either that the suck has gone on for so long that it's not shocking/disappointing anymore, or because it sucked so hard to begin with that being slightly better now, people are willing to settle. Either way it disgusts me. This series peaked in issues 7 and 8.

In a thread full of "settlers" I find one post I can latch onto:

"Well, hate to be the negative guy again but I am just consistently underwhelmed with this book. The art in particular is so disappointing! Characters don't look consistent in form or style from page to page. The art isn't particularly stylized either (like Flash, Teen Titans, Red Hood, even Grifter/Voodoo) and just pales in comparison to other books coming out (Aquaman, Green Lantern, Justice League, JLDark, etc.). It's just boring and bland. Apollo and Midnighter are flirty with each other, we get it. Hawksmoor has been notably absent for most of the series, though this issue tried to explain it it's been a problem overall.
    I enjoy the nods to Jenny Sparks and the attempt to get into the Engineer's history more, but this book has just been so average. Anybody here reading Earth 2? Three issues in and that book has had so much character development and action that I'm hooked. Just within the DC Universe I don't see how this could be anybody's favorite book right now, but it also has to compete with books from other companies. If this weren't Wildstorm, it's another book I'd have dropped by now."
    AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AskaniSon295

I agree My main reason for keep buying this book is in hopes they will return to more of the ideas paul cornel introduced the shadow cabinet, The scourge of Worlds,Harry Tanner & adam-one, since then it has just been short stand alone stories that haven't pushed forwad the main plot, the most interesting part has been what Harry Tanner is doing with fox.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By crackerjack82

I dont know why i keep buying this book, i just don't, I own every single book from wildstorm, I guess i keep buying this out of fear, fear that if this gets cancelled DC will shelf Hawksmoor and Angie, Midnighter will Fade away, and Apollo will never shine, they need a better writer, and a larger Staff, part of me is happy that Manhunter is leaving, Maybe they will bring Jackson King into this or even Fuji, I think am i trying to stay hopeful but how much must i endure

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

It's pretty terrible. Time to kill it and relaunch as Authority.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.