Follow

Stormwatch

Team » Stormwatch appears in 310 issues.

Wildstorm Universe's Stormwatch was a United Nations-sponsored superhero organization controlled by the Weatherman. The New 52 DC Universe's Stormwatch is an ancient clandestine society that has been defending the Earth from the otherworldly threats for centuries.

Should I Cancel my Subscription to Stormwatch?

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Or35ti

Hey guys, I was wondering what any fellow Stormwatch-readers think of the title. I enjoyed the first 6 issues, despite the fact that it moved pretty slow, and I really liked Issue #9, primarily because the art was so awesome but right now looking at the solicitations I'm really on the fence about keeping it on my pull list. I was wondering what you guys think about this? I'm also subscribed to Action Comics, Justice League, Batman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Earth 2, Batman Incorporated and Uncanny X-Men but I'm considering dropping a few of those too cos it's just too much, mainly Green Lantern.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By moywar700

I want you to get a dartboard that's has the names of the comics you are currently buying on it. With your eyes closed, you I want to throw a dart at the dartboard and which ever it hits, you will be dropping that title.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Or35ti

@moywar700: Hahahaha well if you were subscribed to the titles which I am, which would you hope to hit?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By moywar700

@Or35ti said:

@moywar700: Hahahaha well if you were subscribed to the titles which I am, which would you hope to hit?

not sure. Just drop the book you dislike the most.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Or35ti

@moywar700 said:

@Or35ti said:

not sure. Just drop the book you dislike the most.

I'm just afraid I'll miss out on something really good in the future.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Redberry

I think Stormwatch suffers from having too many writers. They have 3 different writers in just 10 issues. I think the series has a lot of potential, and they also have some humorous moment like when Midnighter punched a cat in Red Lantern (It's a continuity from Stormwatch 9). Milligan is a talented writer. DC seems to finally settle on him being the main writer, it's bound to get better from now. I think you should wait it out. There's a tease that they would come to clash with Justice League eventually when Midnighter saw a hologram of Batman. How do you subscribe to Stormwatch anyway? I may try that out, too. While in college, people may steal my comic though. :(

I notice you have Earth-2. I think it has amazing concept, and they bold enough to kill off all 3 main superheroes.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#7  Edited By knighthood

They should have stuck with Cornell and Sepulveda. I do not like the current direction. I will give them a few more issues before I drop the axe.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sethysquare

Don't drop Stormwatch. Its getting so much better right now. I wasn't really feeling the first 6 issues, but it has gotten so much better since issue 9. Drop another book.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Or35ti

@Redberry said:

I think Stormwatch suffers from having too many writers. They have 3 different writers in just 10 issues. I think the series has a lot of potential, and they also have some humorous moment like when Midnighter punched a cat in Red Lantern (It's a continuity from Stormwatch 9). Milligan is a talented writer. DC seems to finally settle on him being the main writer, it's bound to get better from now. I think you should wait it out. There's a tease that they would come to clash with Justice League eventually when Midnighter saw a hologram of Batman. How do you subscribe to Stormwatch anyway? I may try that out, too. While in college, people may steal my comic though. :(

I notice you have Earth-2. I think it has amazing concept, and they bold enough to kill off all 3 main superheroes.

Earth 2 is so great! The first issue was one of my favorites which I bought all year. I think it will take a very long time before they actually fight the Justice League however, and I wouldn't want to waste my money on so many filler issues until then.

@knighthood said:

They should have stuck with Cornell and Sepulveda. I do not like the current direction. I will give them a few more issues before I drop the axe.

I think even if they stuck with Sepulveda I would definitely stick around because I love his art so much.

@sethysquare said:

Don't drop Stormwatch. Its getting so much better right now. I wasn't really feeling the first 6 issues, but it has gotten so much better since issue 9. Drop another book.

Which do you suggest I drop then?

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Redberry

@Or35ti said:

@Redberry said:

Earth 2 is so great! The first issue was one of my favorites which I bought all year. I think it will take a very long time before they actually fight the Justice League however, and I wouldn't want to waste my money on so many filler issues until then.

@knighthood said:

I think even if they stuck with Sepulveda I would definitely stick around because I love his art so much.

@sethysquare said:

I'm pretty sure there'd be a big crossover event. Earth-2 will definitely fight with Justice League. I feel like Stormwatch is one of those middle of the packs titles, so you should support it. If the fans just wait for the big events and skip the development, it may get cancelled, then Midnighter and Batman's fight would never happen. :( . Anyway, I think Milligan is a talented writer. He would definitely steer the book in the right direction. I don't think you should drop it.

Since you have both Batman titles, I guess you're a Batman fan, so you probably won't drop it. If it was up to me, I would drop Action comics. It's the same thing rehash many times over.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By knighthood

@Or35ti said:

@knighthood said:

@sethysquare said:

Outta these books "Action Comics, Justice League, Batman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Earth 2, Batman Incorporated and Uncanny X-Men" I only read Earth 2, and Uncanny X-Men on occasion. I couldn't advise on which book to drop without reading them. Perhaps JL is redundant since you are already reading many of the core characters.

What are your thoughts on Ignacio Calero?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sethysquare

@Or35ti: Action Comics, Justice League, Batman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Earth 2, Batman Incorporated are all fantastic book.

Well, all these are great books. I can't even decide which is better than the other.

Action Comics is the signature book for Sups.

GL, Flash, Batman - are also all signature books.

Batman Inc has Grant Morrison, so you can't drop it.

Earth 2 is mind blowingly good.

Justice League would be the book that is leading the upcoming crossover, and every single information in JL is so crucial to the bigger DCU.

Stormwatch could be the weakest of the bunch, but seeing that Peter Milligan is writing it, you're in treat for something huge. I expect Stormwatch and the Justice League books to be helming the upcoming crossover and the next event after trinity would definitely involve Earth 2.

I don't think you can drop anyone of these. LOL.

I don't read Uncanny X-men, but I did browse through it once in a while and read reviews.

From what I've read Wolverine and the X-men and Uncanny X-force all seems to be the better X books, so not sure why you decided to go with Uncanny. But since you're only reading so few books, I'll advise you against dropping any of them. But if I were to choose, I'll drop Uncanny.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ReVamp

Ugh. I honestly don't know. I guess you should, if you don't enjoy it.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sethysquare

@knighthood: I think Ignacio Calero actually fits the book better while Miguel Sepulveda seems like a much better fit with red lanterns, both of which I am getting.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By knighthood

@sethysquare: Ha. Not a good fit for me. I will not read Red Lanterns, much less Green ones. I'm going to sorely miss Sepulveda.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Or35ti

@knighthood said:

@Or35ti said:

@knighthood said:

@sethysquare said:

Outta these books "Action Comics, Justice League, Batman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Earth 2, Batman Incorporated and Uncanny X-Men" I only read Earth 2, and Uncanny X-Men on occasion. I couldn't advise on which book to drop without reading them. Perhaps JL is redundant since you are already reading many of the core characters.

What are your thoughts on Ignacio Calero?

He's alright, I just prefer Sepulveda's cos it's just more clear and real to me.

@sethysquare said:

From what I've read Wolverine and the X-men and Uncanny X-force all seems to be the better X books, so not sure why you decided to go with Uncanny. But since you're only reading so few books, I'll advise you against dropping any of them. But if I were to choose, I'll drop Uncanny.

I chose to go with Uncanny cos I thought it would be more my style, tho I did regret not picking up Wolverine and the X-Men when I could have for a while. Plus in the beginning the art really for WatX really bugged me but now it actually looks really good haha :p I'm unfamiliar with Milligan's early work, so you think it'll be getting really good soon?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sethysquare

@knighthood:Yup, I didn't think Sepulveda is a good fit for Stormwatch anyways

@Or35ti: Uhm, I think its already alot better and I really like the way Milligan is writing the characters in Stormwatch. So yeah, I guess maybe you just go with your pull list, there isn't alot of books anyways and I think they're all great books. If you're enjoying all your books then don't drop them lol. Or perhaps you can drop Uncanny Xmen, haha

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Or35ti

@sethysquare said:

@knighthood:Yup, I didn't think Sepulveda is a good fit for Stormwatch anyways

@Or35ti: Uhm, I think its already alot better and I really like the way Milligan is writing the characters in Stormwatch. So yeah, I guess maybe you just go with your pull list, there isn't alot of books anyways and I think they're all great books. If you're enjoying all your books then don't drop them lol. Or perhaps you can drop Uncanny Xmen, haha

Ah ok, I haven't read Issue #10, how was that?

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AskaniSon295

Peter Milligan is no Paul Cornell. Paul Jenkins run was okay. I was thinking they should clash with "The Great Ten". If Jenny Quantum's father is chinese general and he found out she was alive he could totally send the "The Great Ten" to retrieve her.

Just an Idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you felt strong enough to take the time to to post this, then probably yes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.