stormwatch

#1 Posted by JamDamage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

how come no one is talking about this book? it's silly good. Sure it's not the same Midnighter as the previous stormwatch or authority books, but I still can't wait for midnighter to throw batman a beating. anyone else reading this??

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Dropped it after the second issue. It was kinda boring to me, to be honest.

#3 Posted by Saren (26009 posts) - - Show Bio

The first 6 issues were utter trash. The latest issue was a lot better though.

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92985 posts) - - Show Bio

Dropped this after the third or fourth issue. I'd rather go back and read the actual Wildstorm stuff.

#5 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

My opinion around stormwatch depends on whoever's reading this comments opinion on Midnighters chin spike

#6 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this a duplicate thread? Or is the other one the duplicate? Anyway, I dropped Stormwatch - didn't think it was that impressive and I wonder if it has a long term future in the DCU?

#7 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm waiting for the trade.

#8 Posted by JamDamage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW, no one likes it. Oh well. I think it's good. I think the art killer too. I prefer the original Midnighter but this one works also. I don't think needed to change him either. He didn't look that much like Batman that they had go and do that.

#9 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mighty Thorion said:

Isn't this a duplicate thread? Or is the other one the duplicate? Anyway, I dropped Stormwatch - didn't think it was that impressive and I wonder if it has a long term future in the DCU?

I was thinking that also, I feel like I've seen it before // that I commented on this too....

EDIT: Just looked, yeah, it's a dupe LOL

#10 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not that great of a series, so I don't read it...

#11 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually want to start this series. but is it worth it.

i heard last issue(stormwatch 7) was good so i might start it

and peter milligan is going to join..

should i wait for peter milligans run or start from stormwatch #7???

#12 Posted by AskaniSon295 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Been reading it religiously I like Fringe Hero's and I enjoyed pretty much every issue of The Authority I have read. I think This book has alot of potential.

#13 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

Just caught up on this title (read #6-10). Gotta say this is one of my favorite books out of the New 52 and I hope it sticks around for a while.

#14 Edited by dpsleepk3 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

It feels like the writers of this series tried to roll every thing in the wildstorm universe together. If your a fan of it and even if your not, I highly recommend you check out the ellis/hitch run of The Authority. If your a fan of The Authority I could totally understand you not liking this version but if you just look at it like they are completely different people you can find it enjoyable (or at least dc versions, it just makes me happy to see the characters again). I do miss the old personalities, relationship dynamics and the costume changes seemed unnecessary though there are elements I like/dislike.

I just wish they would of gone about the relaunch in a different way, they didn't really need totally new aspects since not many people knew of this team any way (and lets face it if the original series had the letters DC on the cover instead of wildstorm it probably would have been much more popular). Would have liked to see this series start as the authority was forming and the 0 issue could have easily been the last mission of stormwatch where most of the characters died. My biggest issue with this series is their emphasis on secrecy (a story about a secret organization of heroes could be cool just doesn't really fit this team). A story about a team who does whats right at any cost in a world with heroes like superman would be much more appropriate (could they exist together?). Though I think the execution could have been better I'm still happy they decided to incorporate these characters in the new 52.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.