Your favorite Storm moment (in general)

#51 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11052 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Storm; weather witch, mutant, leader, and prophet.

Lol...QFT.

Though I did not like Gillen's run at all, this was definitely a golden moment that made me chuckle.

#52 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite Storm moment:

#53 Posted by butterflykyss (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991 said:

Storm; weather witch, mutant, leader, and prophet.

Lol...QFT.

Though I did not like Gillen's run at all, this was definitely a golden moment that made me chuckle.

Yea I had high hopes when I first read Gillen's uncanny, but i was sadly disappointed.

#54 Posted by SoA (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

telling sabretooth and wolverine to chill out

Storm owning Emma
The Ultimate Fury
The Perfect Storm
#55 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11052 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: Yeah...Gillen, is not the writer for Storm fans. I liked his villains better than the way he characterized and handled the Extinction team, which shows a huge lack of balance in his writing IMO.

@SoA: Nice :-). All 3 moments of pure EPIC-saucery. I especially loved perfect Storm. An unrestrained Storm is a sight to behold.

#56 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

Storm owning Emma
The Ultimate Fury
The Perfect Storm

OK so I'm loving all of these and the short hair is a nice take.

#57 Posted by butterflykyss (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

Storm owning Emma
The Ultimate Fury
The Perfect Storm

YES YES YES!!!!! I love all of these as well. and thank you so much for posting perfect storm pic, I have been looking for this!!

#58 Posted by SoA (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower: @THUNDERBOLT30: to be honest im not a storm fan really i do respect the character, storm kicking emma's butt i just saw and posted bc i cannot stand emma(not now emma fans) , i haven't even read x-treme x-men but now i want to bc of that pic. as for the short hair that is from recent ultimate x-men and storm is great in the ult u,though limited appearances now. forgot last pic was from i know its chris claremont and sabretooth was written as logan's father and he is blind and lost a hand but lost interest after because i felt he would just end up a head in a jar. lol

#59 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11052 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@PassionFlower: @THUNDERBOLT30: to be honest im not a storm fan really i do respect the character, storm kicking emma's butt i just saw and posted bc i cannot stand emma(not now emma fans) , i haven't even read x-treme x-men but now i want to bc of that pic. as for the short hair that is from recent ultimate x-men and storm is great in the ult u,though limited appearances now. forgot last pic was from i know its chris claremont and sabretooth was written as logan's father and he is blind and lost a hand but lost interest after because i felt he would just end up a head in a jar. lol

Lol

#60 Posted by SoA (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: lol you are welcome

#61 Edited by butterflykyss (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

I appreciate that you are not a Storm fan and yet post some Bad @ss moments that fans would really like!! lol

#62 Posted by butterflykyss (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

This was a great moment for Storm. The highest paid actress at the time who won an Oscar had brought more fans to the All-Mother Goddess and it was pretty nice when she zapped Sabertooth with that lightning!! Thanks Crow!!!

#63 Posted by SoA (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: again you are welcome lol, maybe you could convert another to the "dark side" what do you suggest for someone who lets pretend knows next to nothing about storm?

#64 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: No I mean the choking the life at of her part. Just that part and nothing else.

#65 Posted by butterflykyss (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@butterflykyss: again you are welcome lol, maybe you could convert another to the "dark side" what do you suggest for someone who lets pretend knows next to nothing about storm?

HAHAHAH... hmmm let me see.. First I would tell them to let go of the facade and stop living a lie!! Next, I would tell this "someone" to embrace the dark side and enjoy all the pleasures that would ensue from doing so... you know you want to ;)

#66 Edited by butterflykyss (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@butterflykyss: No I mean the choking the life at of her part. Just that part and nothing else.

hmm nope don't recall that happening so I will revert to what I initially said.. thanks for the post it was a definitely a great moment seeing Storm on the silver screen!!!

#67 Posted by SoA (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: you cant fault me one of the first x-men books i read had the blue team as 5-7 yro , seeing cyclops , wolverine, gambit, rogue ,beast, jubilee, and psylocke was cool as a result psylocke has become and still is my fave x-lady , but who knows maybe in the near future ill be a part of the infamous storm fans , lol

#68 Edited by butterflykyss (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@butterflykyss: you cant fault me one of the first x-men books i read had the blue team as 5-7 yro , seeing cyclops , wolverine, gambit, rogue ,beast, jubilee, and psylocke was cool as a result psylocke has become and still is my fave x-lady , but who knows maybe in the near future ill be a part of the infamous storm fans , lol

u know psylocke was my favorite around that era as well, but I saw the light and the bright lady showed me the error of my ways. there is hope for you my child.. just embrace the light and u too shall be set free... ;)

#69 Posted by SoA (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: so what is it embrace the dark side or embrace the light? lol

#70 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: I think for me Emma is the character I have loved to hate. I can't say I like her...but I don't want them (Bendis) screwing over her either.

#71 Posted by poisonfleur (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

@SoA said:

Storm owning Emma
The Ultimate Fury
The Perfect Storm

YES YES YES!!!!! I love all of these as well. and thank you so much for posting perfect storm pic, I have been looking for this!!

I Love it how Storm's lighting actually f*cks people up instead of it just being there for dazzle.

#72 Posted by poisonfleur (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: This is all you gotta tell em'

#73 Posted by butterflykyss (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

Ooooh Im loving this I'm going to steal it for my avi is that's cool with you poison!!!!!

:)

#74 Posted by poisonfleur (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

@poisonfleur said:

Ooooh Im loving this I'm going to steal it for my avi is that's cool with you poison!!!!!

Go ahead, I made another one kinda like this! LMAO

#75 Posted by poisonfleur (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@poisonfleur: One greatest Storm-stories/Romances ever told.

Yes, BP can Never... And I mean NEVER hold a candle to what Storm and Forge had. Forge help build Storm into the character she is. Black Panther... in some respects ruined her a little.

#76 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@poisonfleur: One greatest Storm-stories/Romances ever told.

Yes, BP can Never... And I mean NEVER hold a candle to what Storm and Forge had. Forge help build Storm into the character she is. Black Panther... in some respects ruined her a little.

Disagree but such is life.

#77 Posted by butterflykyss (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@butterflykyss said:

@poisonfleur said:

Go ahead, I made another one kinda like this! LMAO

Oh can i send you a pic and get you to make me one??? if thats cools :D

#78 Posted by butterflykyss (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@butterflykyss: so what is it embrace the dark side or embrace the light? lol

well with this group u get the best of both sides ;)

#79 Posted by aerokinesis (529 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

#80 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Back on track....

#81 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11052 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Nice :-). Her space amped lightning was awe-inspiring in this story. Not to mention her manipulating hydrogen atoms, altering Hydroman at a molecular level and hosting for Eterntiy himself.

Loved McDuffie's run. He gave Storm a lot of love in that book and knew how to write her and BP as a great married couple who happened to be a king and queen.

The best showing for that nightmare retcon from Jerome Dickey....Achmed El Gibar's training>>>>>>>>Her 2nd teacher's training.

#82 Posted by poisonfleur (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: Yea... why did they change the story. I liked it better in the original where Storm rescued Black Panther, instead of the other way around. Ughh-- Marvel quit trying to make Black Panther look better than Storm at every chance they get.... Frustrating how he freeloads off her success.

#83 Posted by poisonfleur (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: Sure thing.

@Blood1991 said:

Back on track....

This moment was shocking! XD

Her silhouette against the lightning is hot. Gotta love it.

#84 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11052 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: Yea... why did they change the story. I liked it better in the original where Storm rescued Black Panther, instead of the other way around. Ughh-- Marvel quit trying to make Black Panther look better than Storm at every chance they get.... Frustrating how he freeloads off her success.

Lol. I DESPISED the fact that they retconned their first meeting. It was so UNNECESSARY. I felt like they had to water Storm down from being the strong individual she was even as a kid to some damsel in distress and have T'Challa save her to somehow endear her to him so there would be something to build on. They didn't need to do that. With the way their relationship went anyway they could have left Storm just as head strong as she is today. All we could take from the crap Dickey wrote is that her skills as a thief were extraordinarily impressive.

#85 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@Blood1991 said:

Back on track....

I liked that written by the late great Dwayne McDuffie.

#86 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower: I loved his work with Storm and Black Panther

#87 Posted by butterflykyss (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Blood1991 said:

Back on track....

I liked that written by the late great Dwayne McDuffie.

He passed?? How sad :(

#88 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: @Blood1991: He passed going on two years now his work on JLU was masterful. I wanted him desperately to take over the BP book.

#89 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower: Yes I was looking forward to him writing BP and Storm as a couple. He did it right. "R.I.P"

#90 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Yes! Plus McDuffie held a Master's degree in physics which in part was why he was inventive in utilizing her powers.

#91 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@Blood1991: Yes! Plus McDuffie held a Master's degree in physics which in part was why he was inventive in utilizing her powers.

What could have been *sigh*

#92 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

She will kick your ass with Tarp and Plywood.

#93 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11052 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Lol...I laughed at how badly these guys got beat. They had no street cred after this a$$ whoopin' lol. I mean they were all armed, one of them with nunchaku, and all they accomplished was gettin' a beat down in seconds.

And how Marvel could not pick up on the epicness that was McDuffie was beyond me -__-. Hudlin gave Storm a couple of gems, especially when he introduced Storm to her paternal grandparents (that scene did hit home for me), but the general reaction to their time in the FF under McDuffie was extremely positive, more so than Hudlin's or Mayberry's work for damn sure. I think it's a very safe assumption that Storm and BP would still be married and could have THE couple of Marvel by now if Mcduffie stayed on a book with them.

#94 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: Mcduffie really let both shine "even if the Silver Surfer neck lock was PIS" I wish at had been two volumes instead of only one. Hopefully that team gets back together at some point. because I loved it

and yes Storm owned those punks ^_^

#95 Posted by butterflykyss (4151 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

She will kick your ass with Tarp and Plywood.

dont think ive seen this thnks for post..

#96 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991:

1) Storm/Gambit one-shot pure gold? That ish was PLATINUM :-). Made me fan of Chuck Kim...

2) Storm thrashing that mutate never gets old to me >:-). Watching her mix her dagger wielding and h2h skills should gave Emma a huge skid mark in her panties lol.

@Son Of Storm: I have to say,

@butterflykyss: W.A.P. :-D...what I would give to have Yost write Storm regularly. I never understood why he has not been given a shot at writing an x-book of his own. His stories, including X-Men First To Last, were so much better than Fractions, and much more interesting than Gillens IMO. I hope he gets a sot at a run on one of the Marvel NOW books.

One of my favorite Storm moments...creating her own X-Men splinter team (even though it pissed Beast off a little)...

No Xavier oversight. No shared leadership with Cyclops. Leading her team, her way. This is the main reason why the original XXM is my favorite x-run to date. This is the bold, confident and fearless Storm we miss.

Oh no. I see the old age is kicking in.

I agree. She's never looked so old and matronly as she did in this series, for some reason. The "young" outfits made her look desperate and this one makes her look like a member of Aunt May's knitting circle.

#97 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11052 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides: He wasn't talking about Storm lol. He was talking about me forgetting to complete my post to him.

#98 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3656 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: Ah ok lol! But my comment still stands - such a strange series for so many reasons O_O. It's hard for me not to immediately associate negative comments with it. Even Rogue looks old (and the colors of her shirt were swapped in the two scans).

#99 Posted by poisonfleur (3165 posts) - - Show Bio
#100 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (11052 posts) - - Show Bio

Though it was a weapon of an evil scheme it still gave us asgardian Storm...receiving Stormcaster...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.