Would AVX have been better if Storm had died by Rulk's hands?

• 84 results
#1 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

Here me out. My most disliked part about AVX is the way they destroyed her marriage. They could have done it better.

I think a better way to have done it would have been killing Storm off in AVX#1 (Say by Rulk), which creates the conflict when the guy goes rogue and attempts to kill Hope

He kills Storm during the conflict, and political pressure gets put on the Avengers NOT to charge him with murder. The X-Men don't take it well....

Then, 11 issues later, whoever got phoenixed uses his/her power to bring Storm back to life, but as a child about the age of Hellion or X-23 with her memories gone.

Black Panther ends his marriage with her because A: he is not a pedophile, B: she isn't his Storm, but gives her a trust fund.

#2 Posted by karrob (4267 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk? Not enough impact. Considering it was a war between these two teams her death would have to have been one of the Phoenix 5 to really make it touch home.

#3 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@karrob: IT was meant to be what STARTED the war

#4 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7206 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting proposition, but AvX was handled by fools, so this would place a scar on the character from which she'd never recover from, unless she came back as an adult.

#5 Posted by Roddy010 (4937 posts) - - Show Bio

No I don't think Storm's death should have added, the plot was perfectly fine. I do agree that they handled the marriage poorly, but Storm dying whould have caused way too much conflict that would have clustered with the main plot. And to be honest I think they would handle her death poorly too.

#6 Posted by Storm Calling (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010: Agreed, there is no way anyone should believe that her death or anything else would have been handled better if it were involved with this story.

#7 Posted by jhazzroucher (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#8 Edited by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

@karrob: IT was meant to be what STARTED the war

Also, that would make the war make more sense. I could see the X-men ripping the world apart over Storm's death.

It would also end Rulk and he's too important to the Avengers at the moment.

#9 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually that would have been a good idea seeing as she didn't do diddly in the whole thing.

#10 Posted by PassionFlower (946 posts) - - Show Bio

No I don't think this helps.

#11 Edited by poisonfleur (2726 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Although a few character deaths would have been fine. Maybe 2 of hope's lights? Velocidad and Primal? Get rid of those bimbos...

If Marvel kills Storm, I am done reading. PERIOD.

I am tired of the Avengers looking like saints and acting like they are better than the x-men-- when frankly they have been getting upgraded non-stop lately and pushed by Marvel to look better...

Not to mention Emma and Magneto powers are whacked out now... it makes the x-men look weak..

So much for 'the world's strongest telepath' and 'the master of magnetism'.....

#12 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Why kill Storm, when they could have easily killed the Black Panther? There's an impact for your a$$. Dead King, mourning/dethroned Queen, and Shuri gets the spotlight that I've BEEN wanting her to have for over 2 years.

#13 Posted by jhazzroucher (13979 posts) - - Show Bio

and they will not kill Storm. She is Marvel's #1 superheroine

#14 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

The holds 2 powerful minority cards, and she's uber-level, but can be defeated, UNLIKE Monica Rambeau.......They couldn't kill off Storm, because there's literally no other superhero who could take her place

#15 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY Rulk?

#16 Posted by Storm Calling (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

Why kill Storm, when they could have easily killed the Black Panther? There's an impact for your a$$. Dead King, mourning/dethroned Queen, and Shuri gets the spotlight that I've BEEN wanting her to have for over 2 years.

Honestly, what was the point of crowning her Panther when she hasn't been shown to do anything with the title ever since!? lol

#17 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

Honestly, what was the point of crowning her Panther when she hasn't been shown to do anything with the title ever since!? lol

Ohh!! But the REAL kicker is that the b*tch has SO much potential and (in the past) screen time, that this little shift into obscurity doesn't make not a damn BIT of sense

#18 Posted by Storm Calling (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: My point exactly, she was off to a good start and then there was nothing, then there was Klaws of the Panther, and then there was nothing again... Wasted potential, I hope they have plans of including her in something somewhere down the line. This is just SAD!

#19 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage: My point exactly, she was off to a good start and then there was nothing, then there was Klaws of the Panther, and then there was nothing again... Wasted potential, I hope they have plans of including her in something somewhere down the line. This is just SAD!

1. Yes, it is sad....very sad

2. KLAWS OF THE PANTHER WAS THE UGLIEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ FROM THE MARVEL UNIVERSE

"Klaws of the WHOS" would've been MUCH more appropriate.

#20 Posted by Storm Calling (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

2. KLAWS OF THE PANTHER WAS THE UGLIEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ FROM THE MARVEL UNIVERSE

ROFL!!! Agreed 100xs over. The art was absolutely revolting and CHEAP! This is a multi-billion dollar business and that's the best they can do to get one of their new characters off to a new start?

Marvel should be ashamed of themselves!

#21 Posted by Storm Calling (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

and by new I mean newly reinvented characters. It's like they weren't even trying!

#22 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

ROFL!!! Agreed 100xs over. The art was absolutely revolting and CHEAP! This is a multi-billion dollar business and that's the best they can do to get one of their new characters off to a new start?

Shuri's thighs shifted like strobe lights. One moment she was skinny, the next...elephantitis

And their faces were atrocious. I honestly don't know how that book got greenlighted based on visuals alone.

#23 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

No she isn't.

#24 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9025 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

No I don't think Storm's death should have added, the plot was perfectly fine. I do agree that they handled the marriage poorly, but Storm dying whould have caused way too much conflict that would have clustered with the main plot. And to be honest I think they would handle her death poorly too.

Agreed 100%

#25 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

That sounds like incredibly bad fan-fiction.

#26 Posted by God_Spawn (36002 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk then would have absorbed her power gaining a mohawk and her spandex outfit and fly around everywhere.

#27 Posted by Maikky (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk kills Storm, get's rezzed by Phoenix .

SvA arc begins .

#28 Posted by SUNMAN (7038 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT: I'm not crazy about this idea, but I have to be honest it sounds way better than what we got out of AvX

#29 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Rulk then would have absorbed her power gaining a mohawk and her spandex outfit and fly around everywhere.

You just want to see Rulk in a bikini don't lie.

#30 Posted by SUNMAN (7038 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@god_spawn said:

You just want to see Rulk in a bikini don't lie.

#31 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN: Remember the scarf on the door means DO NOT ENTER.

brb.

#32 Posted by SUNMAN (7038 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: lol

#33 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

...................I would like to see this, actually.lol

#34 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11753 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, The marriage ended perfectly :

#35 Posted by antemiusenteri (216 posts) - - Show Bio

@telepathic666 said:

Actually that would have been a good idea seeing as she didn't do diddly in the whole thing.

#36 Posted by Veitha (2369 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe yes... I mean, if an X-Man was killed by an Avenger, it would have make things more interesting. Not by Rulk and not necessary Storm, but at least Cyke wouldn't be the only one to be called murderer

#37 Posted by PassionFlower (946 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

Shuri's thighs shifted like strobe lights. One moment she was skinny, the next...elephantitis

And their faces were atrocious. I honestly don't know how that book got greenlighted based on visuals alone.

That art was not good.

#38 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That would be so terrible it would have looped around to hilarious.

#39 Posted by Storm Calling (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

This is how I feel She-Hulk should have been portrayed in the first place. It just seems silly that she doesn't bulk up to the same degree as the Hulk does.

#40 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling: IIRC she has less gamma radiation in her blood, which explains the less than crazy transformation.

#41 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

Here me out. My most disliked part about AVX is the way they destroyed her marriage. They could have done it better.

I think a better way to have done it would have been killing Storm off in AVX#1 (Say by Rulk), which creates the conflict when the guy goes rogue and attempts to kill Hope

He kills Storm during the conflict, and political pressure gets put on the Avengers NOT to charge him with murder. The X-Men don't take it well....

Then, 11 issues later, whoever got phoenixed uses his/her power to bring Storm back to life, but as a child about the age of Hellion or X-23 with her memories gone.

Black Panther ends his marriage with her because A: he is not a pedophile, B: she isn't his Storm, but gives her a trust fund.

WOAH, Storm fans would go crazy if she dies in any form. anyway, Death and comics do not go together.

#42 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, how long would Storm stay dead if she died in an event anyway?

#43 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

Yeah, how long would Storm stay dead if she died in an event anyway?

Eh, Nightcrawler's been gone for a while, but then again he's not a double minority.

#44 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT: Why Storm of all characters,seriously?

#45 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@krspaceT: Why Storm of all characters,seriously?

Why not Storm of all characters?

#46 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Very simple, too popular and a fan favorite. There are many other useless characters in marvel to kill off if neccessary!

#47 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: I'd rather they not kill anybody personally.

#48 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: That works even better! But we both know somebodys gonna buy it sooner or later!

#49 Posted by SUNMAN (7038 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@SUNMAN said:

This is how I feel She-Hulk should have been portrayed in the first place. It just seems silly that she doesn't bulk up to the same degree as the Hulk does.

I feel you, but you do understand why marvel went the route they did right?

#50 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

@Storm Calling said:

@SUNMAN said:

I feel you, but you do understand why marvel went the route they did right?

sexy females sell more?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.