Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Who will win Storm vs Black Widow

Avatar image for marlexcabanilla
    marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

hand to hand combat

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black widow

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ororo Munroe aka Storm will win

Black Widow was beaten by the Dora Milaje

Storm was kind of beaten by Dora Milaje only because she was already exhausted before the fight even started

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@marlexcabanilla said:

hand to hand combat

Black Widow would win. She is more skilled and more accomplished in H2H, and has been regularly battle-tested against superior opposition (i.e. - Daredevil, Winter Soldier, Elektra, etc.). I think Storm is skilled enough to give her a decent fight, but I have no doubt that Natasha would win. The only X-Men I think she would lose a hand to hand fight to is Wolverine, and maybe Psylocke (though this would likely be a stalemate). I think it could likely go either way between her and Gambit.

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm was kind of beaten by Dora Milaje only because she was already exhausted before the fight even started

Storm would not win this fight in pure H2H. There is a notable skill level gap and Storm doesn't have the feats to back this up. The Dora Milaje definitely did some heavy duty damage to Black Widow, but keep in mind that it was two considerably skilled fighters vs one, and that doesn't mean Storm (at least not on her own) would fare as well as the Dora team. Natasha is one of the most skilled female H2H fighters on earth (likely in the top 10 - 20 of all of earth's H2H fighters), has decades more of experience over Storm, and has fought well against people (even stalemating Elektra) that Storm would not beat.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlexcabanilla said:

hand to hand combat

Black Widow would win. She is more skilled and more accomplished in H2H, and has been regularly battle-tested against superior opposition (i.e. - Daredevil, Winter Soldier, Elektra, etc.). I think Storm is skilled enough to give her a decent fight, but I have no doubt that Natasha would win. The only X-Men I think she X-Men I think she would lose a hand to hand fight to is Wolverine, and maybe Psylocke (though this would likely be a stalemate). I think it could likely go either way between her and Gambit.

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm would not win this fight in pure H2H. There is a notable skill level gap and Storm doesn't have the feats to back this up. The Dora Milaje definitely did some heavy duty damage to Black Widow, but keep in mind that it was two considerably skilled fighters vs one, and that doesn't mean Storm (at least not on her own) would fare as well. Natasha is one of the most skilled female H2H fighters on earth (likely in the top 10 - 20 of all of earth's H2H fighters), has decades more of experience over Storm, and has fought well against people (even stalemating Elektra) that Storm would not beat.

I still don't think Natasha can beat Storm.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@thunderbolt30 said:

@marlexcabanilla said:

hand to hand combat

Black Widow would win. She is more skilled and more accomplished in H2H, and has been regularly battle-tested against superior opposition (i.e. - Daredevil, Winter Soldier, Elektra, etc.). I think Storm is skilled enough to give her a decent fight, but I have no doubt that Natasha would win. The only X-Men I think she X-Men I think she would lose a hand to hand fight to is Wolverine, and maybe Psylocke (though this would likely be a stalemate). I think it could likely go either way between her and Gambit.

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm would not win this fight in pure H2H. There is a notable skill level gap and Storm doesn't have the feats to back this up. The Dora Milaje definitely did some heavy duty damage to Black Widow, but keep in mind that it was two considerably skilled fighters vs one, and that doesn't mean Storm (at least not on her own) would fare as well. Natasha is one of the most skilled female H2H fighters on earth (likely in the top 10 - 20 of all of earth's H2H fighters), has decades more of experience over Storm, and has fought well against people (even stalemating Elektra) that Storm would not beat.

I don't see why you would have a reason to think that, but hey, you can think that.

You'd never be able to prove it.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jhazzroucher

@thunderbolt30 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@marlexcabanilla said:

hand to hand combat

@jhazzroucher said:

I don't see why you would have a reason to think that, but hey, you can think that.

You'd never be able to prove it.

But BW was defeated by the Dora Milaje while Storm got only beaten because she was already exhausted before the Dora Milaje arrived to fight her.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Storm is a better hand 2 hand combatant than Black Widow.
    Black Widow < Dora Milaje < Storm

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@jhazzroucher: That's selling Black Widow short though. Her fight with the doras isn't her only showing in H2H, and doesn't take away from or undermine the other accomplishments Black Widow has in hand to hand. She has consistently been tested against higher level fighters than Ororo, is more skilled and polished based on how finessed and effective her technique has been shown on panel, and is more experienced against known high level fighters. I think you should study up on Natasha before making this general claim based only 1 fight.

Fully rested, I think Storm could defeat a DM on her own. TBH I'm NOT entirely sure she could beat two of them attacking her at the same time even if she were fully rested, especially when these doras, besides being highly skilled fighters that T'Challa trained himself, also knew Storm inside and out. It's an assumption you are making to state that Storm would beat them if she was fully rested. They are the most skilled fighters in Wakanda (outside of T'Challa himself) and have already proven that if Ororo is not at the top of her H2H game they can overwhelm as a team.

@poisonfleur said:

Storm is a better hand 2 hand combatant than Black Widow.

Black Widow < Dora Milaje < Storm

I'm no expert on the Widow but I have seen the feats of her stalemating Elektra and holding her own against Punisher. Both of them are more skilled and accomplished in H2H in comparison to Storm. These feats alone proves BW is a superior fighter to Storm.

I know Ororo is skilled and very good at H2H, but Black Widow is at least a league (if not 2) above her.

bellaardila92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bellaardila92

Storm will killed Natasha with tornado and blizzard.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By JakeN7

Storm fans are nucking futz. Lemme guess, she could beat TOAA if she tried hard enough, right?

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By abaldo

@jaken7 said:

Storm fans are nucking futz. Lemme guess, she could beat TOAA if she tried hard enough, right?

excuse me, I'm a storm fan and i'm not that silly. So could you please take your narrow minded comment some where else please.

Thank you

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jhazzroucher

Storm will killed Natasha with tornado and blizzard.

Oh! Storm can't use her powers.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Natasha wins h2h but Storm would make it a fight.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm will win. I believe in her h2h combat

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

This should be in the battle forum and Black widow stomps in pure H2H.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlexcabanilla said:

hand to hand combat

Black Widow would win. She is more skilled and more accomplished in H2H, and has been regularly battle-tested against superior opposition (i.e. - Daredevil, Winter Soldier, Elektra, etc.). I think Storm is skilled enough to give her a decent fight, but I have no doubt that Natasha would win. The only X-Men I think she would lose a hand to hand fight to is Wolverine, and maybe Psylocke (though this would likely be a stalemate). I think it could likely go either way between her and Gambit.

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm would not win this fight in pure H2H. There is a notable skill level gap and Storm doesn't have the feats to back this up. The Dora Milaje definitely did some heavy duty damage to Black Widow, but keep in mind that it was two considerably skilled fighters vs one, and that doesn't mean Storm (at least not on her own) would fare as well as the Dora team. Natasha is one of the most skilled female H2H fighters on earth (likely in the top 10 - 20 of all of earth's H2H fighters), has decades more of experience over Storm, and has fought well against people (even stalemating Elektra) that Storm would not beat.

Agreed. Black Widow takes this. Storm can fight back, so it's not like this will be a OHKO, but I think Black Widow could take her out fairly quickly.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

@marlexcabanilla said:

hand to hand combat

@jhazzroucher said:

Agreed. Black Widow takes this. Storm can fight back, so it's not like this will be a OHKO, but I think Black Widow could take her out fairly quickly.

I wouldn't say fairly quickly, Storm can put up a good fight. But she still loses.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On this particular fight i'm not really sure who would win. Reading your post I see BW feats, but storm has some cool stuff she has trained under wolverine and beat him which one of you said BW can't win against. She's also fought with her Ex' Husband black panther who is very skilled and can beat the black widow and has fought Captain America but of course who hasn't fought Cap. Anyway storm held her own against Panther and took down his elite guards trained, by him. She has fought with her powers taken and she fought Marrow and killed her not that great of a feat. Any way my thing is storm is a very very Crafty fighter and tricky. I don't want to say she fights dirty, but she kinda does. So i'm not sure at all who wins but I say stalemate.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@stormphoenix said: On this particular fight i'm not really sure who would win. Reading your post I see BW feats, but storm has some cool stuff she has trained under wolverine and beat him which one of you said BW can't win against. She's also fought with her Ex' Husband black panther who is very skilled and can beat the black widow and has fought Captain America but of course who hasn't fought Cap. Anyway storm held her own against Panther and took down his elite guards trained, by him. She has fought with her powers taken and she fought Marrow and killed her not that great of a feat. Any way my thing is storm is a very very Crafty fighter and tricky. I don't want to say she fights dirty, but she kinda does. So i'm not sure at all who wins but I say stalemate.

A couple of critical clarification points though:

- Storm never "beat" Wolverine. She took him down with a martial arts technique, but if this were an actual fight based on pure skill, Wolverine would school Storm. He is easily one of the most skilled fighter on Marvel earth, and can beat Captain America.

- Black Panther did not fight her back. He was mostly guarding against her attacks, trying to evade and trying to get her into submission holds. I think it is still a credible showing for Storm because, despite his efforts to defend himself, she still landed multiple hits and broke free of his hold. That being said if BP decided to actually fight her he would also school Storm. He is much too skilled for her to take on.

- Storm took down the DM with her powers and not her skill. Despite being fatigued and distracted Storm still performed well against the doras. She disarmed them, and countered some of their attacks, and landed blows of her own. But that was it. Without using her powers or Nehzno helping her Ororo could have died. Black Widow got F'd up by them, so I think this proves how formidable the doras are, but Storm's performance against them wasn't enough to prove she could beat the Widow.

- Ultimately Storm has not defeated anyone who was at or above Natasha's level to support her winning this fight. With her confirmed wins (i.e. - Nightshade, Marrow, Callisto, Crimson Commmando, etc.) none of them have been shown to be Natasha's level or above.

I don't think Natasha would beat Storm quickly (Ororo would give her a very decent fight IMO), but I do think she would win. Storm would definitely get her share of hits in but I don't think there is any question, based on their respective showings, that Black Widow would clearly take it the end.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: ok I see. I don't know I really don't see either one of them winning. But thanks for the clarify.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix said: On this particular fight i'm not really sure who would win. Reading your post I see BW feats, but storm has some cool stuff she has trained under wolverine and beat him which one of you said BW can't win against. She's also fought with her Ex' Husband black panther who is very skilled and can beat the black widow and has fought Captain America but of course who hasn't fought Cap. Anyway storm held her own against Panther and took down his elite guards trained, by him. She has fought with her powers taken and she fought Marrow and killed her not that great of a feat. Any way my thing is storm is a very very Crafty fighter and tricky. I don't want to say she fights dirty, but she kinda does. So i'm not sure at all who wins but I say stalemate.

A couple of critical clarification points though:

- Storm never "beat" Wolverine. She took him down with a martial arts technique, but if this were an actual fight based on pure skill, Wolverine would school Storm. He is easily one of the most skilled fighter on Marvel earth, and can beat Captain America.

- Black Panther did not fight her back. He was mostly guarding against her attacks, trying to evade and trying to get her into submission holds. I think it is still a credible showing for Storm because, despite his efforts to defend himself, she still landed multiple hits and broke free of his hold. That being said if BP decided to actually fight her he would also school Storm. He is much too skilled for her to take on.

- Storm took down the DM with her powers and not her skill. Despite being fatigued and distracted Storm still performed well against the doras. She disarmed them, and countered some of their attacks, and landed blows of her own. But that was it. Without using her powers or Nehzno helping her Ororo could have died. Black Widow got F'd up by them, so I think this proves how formidable the doras are, but Storm's performance against them wasn't enough to prove she could beat the Widow.

- Ultimately Storm has not defeated anyone who was at or above Natasha's level to support her winning this fight. With her confirmed wins (i.e. - Nightshade, Marrow, Callisto, Crimson Commmando, etc.) none of them have been shown to be Natasha's level or above.

I don't think Natasha would beat Storm quickly (Ororo would give her a very decent fight IMO), but I do think she would win. Storm would definitely get her share of hits in but I don't think there is any question, based on their respective showings, that Black Widow would clearly take it the end.

but monsters are stronger than BW and faster and Storm beat them.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@thunderbolt30: i agree widow would win , i mean hellooooooo she fights h2h alot more than storm which is the only thing i dont like , why would writers make ro fight h2h when her powers can do her work in battles , also i have a scan on my phone where storm was at least good enough to fight and land a blow on a vampire mid sentence

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: i agree widow would win , i mean hellooooooo she fights h2h alot more than storm which is the only thing i dont like , why would writers make ro fight h2h when her powers can do her work in battles , also i have a scan on my phone where storm was at least good enough to fight and land a blow on a vampire mid sentence

BUt aren't vampires faster and stronger than BW?

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By devilsgrin81

i think the argument is based upon h2h skill.

Natasha definitely has the skill edge over Ororo. There's no question. In a fight based solely on skill... Black Widow would win.

Throw in some of Storm's physical attributes... strength, reach, her own skill... and its a closer fight.

overall though...

Black Widow 8 times out of 10

However, should Storm have even the slightest access to her powers, the result shifts to the opposite result... Storm 8/10 (the 2 to BW being a surprise attack or with some sneaky prep).

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was such a good read (X-Men vs The Forgiven). I think both have used H2H often enough to show that the are experienced and quite skilled at it, but Widow has shown more impressive skill over all, and has been battle-tested against more impressive opposition.

@malachi_munroe said:

BUt aren't vampires faster and stronger than BW?

Yes but that doesn't place Storm above her. I would place Elektra as a more dangerous and impressive threat than Nighteyes (the vampire Storm fought) and BW matched her blow for blow. We would need Storm to be pitted against well known and comparably skilled fighters to BW to be able to make a case for her being able to win here. As of today Storm simply doesn't have the showings. I think Widow would take it 7 - 8/10.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: i agree , i would like storm to use her powers more with her h2h (to pack some power in her blows), instead of just mopping the floor with people

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: i agree , i would like storm to use her powers more with her h2h (to pack some power in her blows), instead of just mopping the floor with people

Hmmm... I don't want Storm to be depowered again.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: tell me you are kidding with this post O__O'...?

What I'm trying to say is how do we know she's not using her ability of sensing her surroundings, seeing energy patterns, etc, how does she know to what point is she not using her powers and just being an ordinary lady?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

What I'm trying to say is how do we know she's not using her ability of sensing her surroundings, seeing energy patterns, etc, how does she know to what point is she not using her powers and just being an ordinary lady?

....Jhazz I'm shocked :-O she was powerless in quite a few of these fights. For example:

She fights as well as she does because she has had years extensive regular training and years of fighting experience to hone her skills, combat reflexes, muscle memory, and ability to handle getting hit. While her energy sight can enhance her fighting ability she has not used it on panel that way, so there is no question if she needs her powers for H2H fighting.

She's more than proven that she is crafty and considerably skilled fighter without her powers.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

....Jhazz I'm shocked :-O she was powerless in quite a few of these fights. For example:

She fights as well as she does because she has had years extensive regular training and years of fighting experience to hone her skills, combat reflexes, muscle memory, and ability to handle getting hit. While her energy sight can enhance her fighting ability she has not used it on panel that way, so there is no question if she needs her powers for H2H fighting.

She's more than proven that she is crafty and considerably skilled fighter without her powers.

I know that. But what I'm trying to say is her fight with the Dora Milaje, how do we know that she was fighting them without using her powers, her energy sight, etc.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@jhazzroucher: She said they were keeping close and not giving her a chance to focus her powers so she'd be forced to fight them in hand to hand combat. Nothing about that scene indicated that she was using her powers until after Nehzno helped her.

No Caption Provided

Besides, how would her using her energy sight have helped her in that situation? Besides already being skilled martial artists and fresh for battle they knew Storm inside and out, and were fighting her while she was already tiring from pushing herself with her powers.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jhazzroucher

@thunderbolt30 said:

@jhazzroucher: She said they were keeping close and not giving her a chance to focus her powers so she'd be forced to fight them in hand to hand combat. Nothing about that scene indicated that she was using her powers until after Nehzno helped her.

No Caption Provided

Besides, how would her using her energy sight have helped her in that situation? Besides already being skilled martial artists and fresh for battle they knew Storm inside and out, and were fighting her while she was already tiring from pushing herself with her powers.

Storm would know if the other Dora Milaje is going to hit her since she can sense her surroundings. I believe what it was trying to say is not using her weather powers like wind or lightning or electricity.

Unless you are telling me that Storm can depower herself if she needs to make a fair h2h fight.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: ....Storm obviously can't depower herself -__-. She does NOT need her powers for H2H. She has extensively trained to develop her skill and has had years of experience to hone herself into a formidable H2H fighter and does not rely on her powers.

If she was using her powers with the doras it would have been shown/explained on panel.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jhazzroucher

@thunderbolt30 said:

@jhazzroucher: ....Storm obviously can't depower herself -__-. She does NOT need her powers for H2H. She has extensively trained to develop her skill and has had years of experience to hone herself into a formidable H2H fighter and does not rely on her powers.

If she was using her powers with the doras it would have been shown/explained on panel.

Probably. Also, disadvantage to Storm because her costume is not suitable for h2h combat.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: i love her new uniform but unfortunately this is one of those pieces where i wish she had a ponytail... i loooove the mohawk without capes...

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: i love her new uniform but unfortunately this is one of those pieces where i wish she had a ponytail... i loooove the mohawk without capes...

I would love to see a story in her solo where we get to see her new look cape-less and with a blade in her beating some good fighters' a$$e$.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: i just want her to go batshit insane on the other x-men for once...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.