Who should play Storm next?

#351 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@White Mage: And that's the truth.

Ru is actually a gorgeous woman...............................and I totally don't believe that stuff like this is a coincidence

#352 Posted by By_the_power (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so I just started watching "The Face" on Bravo with Naomi Campbell, and I think she'd be great even if she doesn't know how to act. Her accent is kind of european and her look is perfect of course. She's a little cold, but I think she'd be great.

#353 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@By_the_power said:

Okay so I just started watching "The Face" on Bravo with Naomi Campbell, and I think she'd be great even if she doesn't know how to act. Her accent is kind of european and her look is perfect of course. She's a little cold, but I think she'd be great.

All production would ground to a halt when she popped one of the crew in the head with a phone.

#354 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

When it comes to "gentle" striking beauties, I think Fatima (physically) would be much better for the role than someone like Yaya.

Absolutely beautiful. I don't think I have seen any of her movies but I bet she'd make a great Storm.

#355 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@White Mage said:

When it comes to "gentle" striking beauties, I think Fatima (physically) would be much better for the role than someone like Yaya.

Absolutely beautiful. I don't think I have seen any of her movies but I bet she'd make a great Storm.

Unfortunately, she's just a pretty face....a model. BUT, if I was going for a softer Storm, THAT'S the route I'd take. She may not nail the warrior look, but she definitely looks like an African Goddess

#356 Posted by Storm Calling (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

Ru is actually a gorgeous woman...............................and I totally don't believe that stuff like this is a coincidence

Wow, the artist clearly got his inspiration from Ru here. lol The face, the pose, the fierceness is all uncanny in similarty.

#357 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

Wow, the artist clearly got his inspiration from Ru here. lol The face, the pose, the fierceness is all uncanny in similarty.

.................................COIPEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

#358 Posted by Storm Calling (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: LOL, Coipel has been studying Ru.

#359 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage: LOL, Coipel has been studying Ru.

And I LOVE IT!!

#360 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling: Look at them eyebrows.....they're SNATCHED!! Cat-eyes ftw....hissss

#361 Posted by Storm Calling (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage:Yep, VERY snatched! there's no doubt in my mind where Coipel got his inspirations from.

#362 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage:Yep, VERY snatched! there's no doubt in my mind where Coipel got his inspirations from.

She's a straight woman with Drag Queen awesomeness.............no wonder I fell in love so quickly

#363 Edited by javelynn20 (1 posts) - - Show Bio
@white_mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage: Oh- WOW- I see what you mean by exotic and striking looks. She has them. Nice pick, WM.

Honestly-- who ever plays Storm next needs a deep alluring yet commanding Shakespearean voice acting coach. Let's be honest, Storm doesn't sound African at all.. (It's the truth) I have heard African people speak and Storm sounds Shakespearean. No matter who plays her, that would be key to bringing her character to life.

Interesting thing: We need either straight up Kenyan, or a british tone. Seriously, Storm's voice in Marvel Nemesis wasn't inaccurate. It isn't what I would've chosen, but it wasn't inaccurate.

I would love for her to have a thick, but understandable accent........................................When I think of Storm's voice, I actually think of the late, great Madge Sinclair

Deep, authoritative, GORGEOUS annunciation.....REGAL as hell..........I miss Madge :(

Personally I think that Iman the model (David Bowie's wife) if she was younger she would be perfect! Personally I still think she looks fantastic and has that maturity you were talking about. She is very regal to me... not only physically but in the way she speaks. Has a lot of grace but also a ton of strength. She is also very tall... something else you were looking for... and has an African accent :P

#364 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think that Iman the model (David Bowie's wife) if she was younger she would be perfect! Personally I still think she looks fantastic and has that maturity you were talking about. She is very regal to me... not only physically but in the way she speaks. Has a lot of grace but also a ton of strength. She is also very tall... something else you were looking for... and has an African accent :P

Oh, Iman................................I f*cking love Iman

#365 Posted by jhazzroucher (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

for me, Yaya looks better than Fatima as Storm

#366 Edited by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

angela basset looks like storm tho...seriously , shes got the athletic buildand the cheek bones ... she scares me lol

#367 Posted by jhazzroucher (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

angela basset looks like storm tho...seriously , shes got the athletic buildand the cheek bones ... she scares me lol

not for me.

#368 Edited by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@stormchild1997 said:

not for me.

how so jhazz? :) she looks athletic ... shes got the cheekbones and shes fierce ... halle's face is a little to round for me , but her silhouette against the lightning in x1 is HOTT AS HELL but i bet angela would look better.. but not in this uniform tho... i would love to see her in storm's oroginal x look

#369 Edited by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj_BjUZiNKs , watch this vid and pause at 0:41 you'll see what i mean

#370 Edited by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@stormchild1997 said:

not for me.

how so jhazz? :) she looks athletic ... shes got the cheekbones and shes fierce ... halle's face is a little to round for me , but her silhouette against the lightning in x1 is HOTT AS HELL but i bet angela would look better.. but not in this uniform tho... i would love to see her in storm's oroginal x look

My soul MOURNS............it MOURNS like Alicia Keys' vocal cords after any concert she performs in

#371 Edited by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage said:

@stormchild1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@stormchild1997 said:

not for me.

My soul MOURNS............it MOURNS like Alicia Keys' vocal cords after any concert she performs in

lmao mage you are just to much ... but anyway as dull and boring this uniform is shes rockin it to da maxxxxxxx her facial expression alone is fierce! she looks wayyyyyyyy better as storm *sigh* its all in the cheekbones plus she looks like storm in the pic mage posted with rupaul a while ago

#373 Edited by Genuinesol (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everyone, I rarely comment but some comments on this thread just infuriated me. To begin, what is "look African"? I understand the concept I believe but please remember that Africa is a huge continent with 54 countries, thousands of ethnic groups that have different histories, cultures, and physical appearances, and Africans come in all shades, bone structure, hair texture, and complexions. This is almost as bad as some people thinking that the continent of Africa is and has always been just a big war torn, impoverished place of doom which it is not and has never been.

In any case, there are so many actresses that could do Storm justice that have yet to be mentioned here.

Gabrielle Union is quite a popular actress and has played versatile roles from dramas to romances to action films.

Nichole Beharie is the girlfriend of the actor that plays as Magneto in First Class, she is gorgeous and received rave review for her role in "42".

Gina Torres is an Afro-Cuban and was in Joss Whdeon's directed series "Firefly", she is tall, she has what I guess would be referred to as "exotic" features, and is a versatile actress with years of experience in the business.

Garcelle Beauvais is also tall and statuesque of Haitian descent but as with Gina Torres, she may be too old.

Then there is Joy Bryant who is tall and a striking beauty. What about Naturi Naughton who was slated to play Celia Reyes in the upcoming Wolverine film?

There are many diverse options as to who can play Storm. What is regretful that is in the world of comic books Storm is truly the only mainstream black female character that is featured.

On another note, we all have the right to our preferences but it is sad that some on here seem to think that dark skin is unattractive which is so sad in our day and age but there are historical causes for such a feeling.

These are just some of my picks as nothing more than potentials. Do not worry, if there is ever another cast for Storm I am sure it will be a decision that will surely infuriate and displease all of us.

#374 Posted by Genuinesol (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Gabrielle Union

Nicole Beharie

Gina Torres

#375 Edited by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello everyone, I rarely comment but some comments on this thread just infuriated me. To begin, what is "look African"? I understand the concept I believe but please remember that Africa is a huge continent with 54 countries, thousands of ethnic groups that have different histories, cultures, and physical appearances, and Africans come in all shades, bone structure, hair texture, and complexions. This is almost as bad as some people thinking that the continent of Africa is and has always been just a big war torn, impoverished place of doom which it is not and has never been.

You know what? I agree with you. I'm too lazy to look back and see what I've said in the past, but I know for sure that I've used the whole "look African" line before.

To make everything crystal clear, if I can't have Angela Bassett as Storm, I'd love to see a beautiful black woman who doesn't necessarily fit the American beauty standard. Darker skinned interpretations of Storm are my absolute favorite, and I feel that they are also the most striking. You can't get the same effect of her features without that extreme contrast. Angela Bassett is literally my visual for how Storm should look, speak, and act.....Halle never made my list

#376 Posted by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@genuinesol said:

You know what? I agree with you. I'm too lazy to look back and see what I've said in the past, but I know for sure that I've used the whole "look African" line before.

To make everything crystal clear, if I can't have Angela Bassett as Storm, I'd love to see a beautiful black woman who doesn't necessarily fit the American beauty standard. Darker skinned interpretations of Storm are my absolute favorite, and I feel that they are also the most striking. You can't get the same effect of her features without that extreme contrast. Angela Bassett is literally my visual for how Storm should look, speak, and act.....Halle never made my list

the darker the actress the more striking she is ^_^

#377 Edited by jhazzroucher (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

@genuinesol: Garbielle Union looks like a good actress as Storm

#378 Posted by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

^ #miscast!

#379 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage said:

@genuinesol said:

Yes.............

^ #miscast!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

#380 Posted by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormchild1997 said:

@white_mage said:

@genuinesol said:

Yes.............

@stormchild1997 said:

^ #miscast!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

the resemblance is uncanny ... halle's face is to round ... storm has PROMINENT cheekbones .... <3 angela basset ftw!

#382 Edited by Genuinesol (19 posts) - - Show Bio
Gina Torres
Garcelle Beauvais

We all also have to keep in mind that the actress selected to play as Storm depends on the age the directors are going for. Is it going to be a middle age Storm, a teenage/young adult Storm, or even a child Storm? Perhaps they will need Storm at all 3 periods. In any case, here are other actresses that I feel will represent Storm well and I mentioned all of these ladies in my previous post. There is so much talent that receives no attention.

Joy Bryant

Naturi Naughton. Recall she was rumored to be cast as Celia Reyes in the Wolverine movie.

#383 Edited by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Gina Torres
Garcelle Beauvais

We all also have to keep in mind that the actress selected to play as Storm depends on the age the directors are going for. Is it going to be a middle age Storm, a teenage/young adult Storm, or even a child Storm? Perhaps they will need Storm at all 3 periods. In any case, here are other actresses that I feel will represent Storm well and I mentioned all of these ladies in my previous post. There is so much talent that receives no attention.

Joy Bryant

Naturi Naughton. Recall she was rumored to be cast as Celia Reyes in the Wolverine movie.

the first pic ... ducklips , i'd give Garcelle a chance tho

#384 Edited by Genuinesol (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@genuinesol said:
Gina Torres
Garcelle Beauvais

Joy Bryant

Do you realize that many woman pay money to get those "duck lips"? In any case, we have recall yet again that it depends on the age the directors are going for. If they want a middle age to older Storm then Garcelle is perfect. If they want a middle-aged Storm then I go with Gina. If they want a younger Storm then Gabrielle or Nicole will be my pick. I am sure there are actresses we are overlooking. Black actresses are grossly underrepresented in Hollywood.

#385 Posted by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormchild1997 said:

@genuinesol said:
Gina Torres
Garcelle Beauvais

Joy Bryant

Do you realize that many woman pay money to get those "duck lips"? In any case, we have recall yet again that it depends on the age the directors are going for. If they want a middle age to older Storm then Garcelle is perfect. If they want a middle-aged Storm then I go with Gina. If they want a younger Storm then Gabrielle or Nicole will be my pick. I am sure there are actresses we are overlooking. Black actresses are grossly underrepresented in Hollywood.

:) i understand

#386 Posted by wtk1013 (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Gabrielle Union or Brandy?.....but I vote Kerry!

#387 Edited by fanboy2 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Kerry Washington isn't that different from Halle. I was listening to I'm your baby tonight and the intro sounds exactly like the xmen TAS. Young Whitney would have been a perfect fit for Storm. Sigh

#388 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I know she's 42, but she's got this role easy

Aisha Tyler

#389 Posted by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Aisha Tyler

maybe ... :)

#390 Posted by jhazzroucher (15764 posts) - - Show Bio
#391 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormchild1997 said:

@mynamewasdeleted said:

Aisha Tyler

not me

You mentioned Yaya, well.. she's only 5'8'' tall, Aisha is 6' tall. Yaya has had a nice little career doing bit parts here and there, but Aisha has been acting with many recurring roles both in front of the camera and voice acting for years now and is well and truly an embodiment of 'The Look' of Storm. Yaya is a nono.. choose againagain pleaseplease.

#392 Posted by jhazzroucher (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@stormchild1997 said:

@mynamewasdeleted said:

Aisha Tyler

not me

You mentioned Yaya, well.. she's only 5'8'' tall, Aisha is 6' tall. Yaya has had a nice little career doing bit parts here and there, but Aisha has been acting with many recurring roles both in front of the camera and voice acting for years now and is well and truly an embodiment of 'The Look' of Storm. Yaya is a nono.. choose againagain pleaseplease.

we need somebody younger.

#393 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@mynamewasdeleted said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@stormchild1997 said:

@mynamewasdeleted said:

Aisha Tyler

not me

no we don't... it's called lighting and makeup... and besides Aisha is very youthful and funloving, she's a gamer and a comic book fan, she's way 'younger' than her age belies

#394 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet Jesus..........the fine sustas...................

and hopefully not some mulatto like Berry.

#395 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@mynamewasdeleted said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@stormchild1997 said:

@mynamewasdeleted said:

Aisha Tyler

not me

no we don't... it's called lighting and makeup... and besides Aisha is very youthful and funloving, she's a gamer and a comic book fan, she's way 'younger' than her age belies

she's beautiful and i think she could bring a different side to Storm. If shes a comic book fan thats great then she can know how Storm is supposed to be portrayed correctly.

#396 Posted by poisonfleur (3041 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

YES!^ My vote goes to her!
Aisha Tyler is cool too.

#397 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista said:

@White Mage said:

Aisha Tyler is cool too.

Idk I don't see her as a current Storm or should I say mature Storm.

NOW if you wanted to put her in a role as a younger Storm that was in Kenya I think she would be perfect but I just cant see her as a mature Storm

#398 Posted by jhazzroucher (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@samimista said:

@White Mage said:

Aisha Tyler is cool too.

NOW if you wanted to put her in a role as a younger Storm that was in Kenya I think she would be perfect but I just cant see her as a mature Storm

she's beautiful but she doesn't look like Storm

#399 Posted by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnificentstorm said:

@poisonfleur said:

@samimista said:

@White Mage said:

Aisha Tyler is cool too.

she's beautiful but she doesn't look like Storm

jhazz no one will exactly "look" like storm , one of storms noticeable facial features are her cheekbones and eyes which are slightly asian .. that lady actually looks like a goddess in the photo .. so she COULD be storm

#400 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks about the same. =)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.