Who should play Storm next?

#151 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the best thing would be to cast an unknown and let the character build.

#152 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

Probably the best thing would be to cast an unknown and let the character build.

I would love to see a gorgeous African actress get brought into the scene. Seriously, that continent has good looking people with talent, just like North America....step up movie people!

#153 Posted by HAWK2916 (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea i would too. There just dont seem to be many known actresses but thats why they screen I guess. On a side note part of me thinks Rihanna could pull off the role

#154 Posted by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@HAWK2916 said:

Yea i would too. There just dont seem to be many known actresses but thats why they screen I guess. On a side note part of me thinks Rihanna could pull off the role

#155 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I'm probably on the wrong side of this issue, but why do we need Storm in a new X-Men film? The X-Men have a massive roster and it'd be nice to see some variety in the characters rather than just recycling of the same few.

#156 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crash_Recovery said:

I know I'm probably on the wrong side of this issue, but why do we need Storm in a new X-Men film? The X-Men have a massive roster and it'd be nice to see some variety in the characters rather than just recycling of the same few.

What a logical and interesting opinion. 
Shame that you basically just covered yourself in blood and threw yourself at a pile of wolves by stating it.  
On topic: I don't know any actresses, let alone any that'd be good for playing Storm. >.>
#157 Posted by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

Okay, but can the same logic be applied to other characters who have also been in the previous X-men films?

#158 Posted by jhazzroucher (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

Because she is one of the x-men trinity.

#159 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jalysia said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

Okay, but can the same logic be applied to other characters who have also been in the previous X-men films?

YES. And it should be.

@jhazzroucher said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

NO. That's crazy talk. There is no X-Men trinity.

#160 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: @poisonfleur:

I just threw this out there! i really dont know!

#161 Posted by jhazzroucher (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

@Jalysia said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

YES. And it should be.

@jhazzroucher said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

NO. That's crazy talk. There is no X-Men trinity.

what i mean is that she is one of the most popular x-men characters

#162 Posted by jhazzroucher (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@jhazzroucher:

OMG! Beyonce really looks beautiful as Storm. : )

#163 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crash_Recovery said:

1. The movie's canon states she's one of XAVIER'S first picks.....and I don't feel that they should ruin that any further

2. They cast Rogue and Iceman.........................................................Rogue

#164 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@jhazzroucher:

OMG! Beyonce really looks beautiful as Storm. : )

I love Bey that's my girl.

#165 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Bey all hail the BeyHive but I don't see her as Storm.

#166 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower: @jhazzroucher:

Check the pic at the bottom, I don't know who that is

#167 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

I love her too...........her acting is...............but I love her though

#168 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

Lol, I enjoyed her movie with Idris Elba... I enjoy anything with Idris Elba...

#169 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: The lady at the bottom of this page is the best fit I just can't tell who she is, I know the one at the top but the one at the botttom gets my vote!

#170 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@PassionFlower: @jhazzroucher:

Check the pic at the bottom, I don't know who that is

She looks vaguely familiar...

#171 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

The look is good.

#172 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

My first though upon reading the title of this thread was Zoe Saldana, but from what I saw in Django Unchained, I think Kerry Washington would also be an excellent choice.

#173 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

Lol, I enjoyed her movie with Idris Elba... I enjoy anything with Idris Elba...

........................You and me BOTH.lol

@evilvegeta74 said:

@poisonfleur: The lady at the bottom of this page is the best fit I just can't tell who she is, I know the one at the top but the one at the botttom gets my vote!

They are the same woman

#174 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermonkey2099 said:

My first though upon reading the title of this thread was Zoe Saldana, but from what I saw in Django Unchained, I think Kerry Washington would also be an excellent choice.

She is extremely talented

#175 Posted by poisonfleur (2966 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, We have our winner! This woman is perfect for Storm. I hope she is tall enough and can act (And maybe pull off a punk look-- lol)! She looks perfect! She gets my vote!

Who is she, she looks soo, soo familiar.

#176 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

I am fearful they are going to cast an ugly woman to play her like they did the black woman in walking dead. Rumor is that the trollkin from attack the block may play Black Panther too. Sigh. Insecure people and their casting decisions.

#177 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

On topic; There's your storm right here:

#178 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

I am fearful they are going to cast an ugly woman to play her like they did the black woman in walking dead. Rumor is that the trollkin from attack the block may play Black Panther too. Sigh. Insecure people and their casting decisions.

I don't think Danai Gurira is ugly, and I think she has done a great job with the role.

off topic, I'm sorry.

Anyway I'm not feeling Kerry Washington and Beyonce is a no from me too.So I still think Zoe is the best choice right now.

#179 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

I don't think Danai Gurira is ugly, and I think she has done a great job with the role.

off topic, I'm sorry.

Anyway I'm not feeling Kerry Washington and Beyonce is a no from me too.So I still think Zoe is the best choice right now.

That is just a really good professional picture of her. The picture below is what she really looks like. She is quite unattractive. A good actress yes and plays the part well, but not at all pretty and is ugly to me. I mean. i am sure she is a great person and is very talented, but I am not attracted to her in the least bit and to me she is homely.

Zoe just doesn't look the part of Storm. Zoe is cute but Storm is supposed to be incredibly beautiful. Plus Zoe has no bewbs and is super-slim and Storm has ample breasts and is curvaceous.

#180 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

off topic, I'm sorry.

I don't think she's ugly either. However, the more African a woman starts to look, the harder it may be for her to gain an audience that believes that she is beautiful/gorgeous/sexy. That's why Storm will never look like she's Kenyan in most media. The lighter the better.

#181 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@MagnificentStorm:

The top pick

#182 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I re-submit Phina Oruche

And she's the closest to having the accent down anyways.lol

#183 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage:

Angela bassett, and we don't have to worry about the accent thats why they are actors. This lady can play any role in Hollywood!

#184 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@White Mage:

Angela bassett, and we don't have to worry about the accent thats why they are actors. This lady can play any role in Hollywood!

I've been in support of this since the very beginning.......they're not going to do it....but I've been in support of it.lol

Though the accent part was a joke, I'm dead serious about the tone of voice really mattering to me.lol I need a medium to deep voice....That's possibly my biggest issue with Halle

#185 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Angela Basset

#186 Edited by ItsDaveyJ (189 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always said Kerry is perfect for it. Her voice is a bit high and she is a bit short but... those kinds of things never stopped Hugh Jackman from being a good Wolverine did it?

#187 Posted by poisonfleur (2966 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

I re-submit Phina Oruche

And she's the closest to having the accent down anyways.lol

OMG-- It's Rochelle from Left 4 Dead 2!!

#188 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@Blood1991 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

off topic, I'm sorry.

That is just a really good professional picture of her. The picture below is what she really looks like. She is quite unattractive. A good actress yes and plays the part well, but not at all pretty and is ugly to me. I mean. i am sure she is a great person and is very talented, but I am not attracted to her in the least bit and to me she is homely.

Zoe just doesn't look the part of Storm. Zoe is cute but Storm is supposed to be incredibly beautiful. Plus Zoe has no bewbs and is super-slim and Storm has ample breasts and is curvaceous.

I still don't find her ugly, but hey Beauty is subjective. The issue with getting a woman who looks like Storm is there are few well known talented women in the industry that even remotely look like her, but I've never thought Storm was exceptionally curvy. At least not compared to some other women in comics.

@White Mage: I've heard people complain about that from time, to time, but she was created in the 70's and compared to then she does get drawn darker in most cases. Besides she has blue eyes, white hair, and sports a mohawk. So I wouldn't say she is really like any other representation period and I feel that is what helped her branch out from being a "black" character into being a great character. She defied steryotypes set by primarily white writers to be her own entity.

#189 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: ...................Well said.LOL I agree with you :)

#190 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

Thank you :D. I often feel when it comes to characters who are minorities that in an industry run primarily by white men, that representation is going to be tricky. A white guy isn't going to know what it is like to be a black woman no matter who he talks too or how much research he does. It doesn't mean he can't write one well, but that at points race and gender can identify your character either positively or negatively. Having minority characters are great, but having minority characters that represent stereotypes or are tokens quickly make the character a joke.

#191 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@Blood1991 said:

@TheSwordsman said:

off topic, I'm sorry.

I still don't find her ugly, but hey Beauty is subjective. The issue with getting a woman who looks like Storm is there are few well known talented women in the industry that even remotely look like her, but I've never thought Storm was exceptionally curvy. At least not compared to some other women in comics.

Indeed attractiveness is subjective. I do not find her beautiful in any way. It does not have to be a well know actress that has to play Storm as long as she is a good actress and is beautiful and looks the part. Storm is indeed curvaceous although a few representations of her are not:

#192 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

Thank you :D. I often feel when it comes to characters who are minorities that in an industry run primarily by white men, that representation is going to be tricky. A white guy isn't going to know what it is like to be a black woman no matter who he talks too or how much research he does. It doesn't mean he can't write one well, but that at points race and gender can identify your character either positively or negatively. Having minority characters are great, but having minority characters that represent stereotypes or are tokens quickly make the character a joke.

I've grown to accept that representation is going to be tricky...it's frustrating at times, but I appreciate when an effort is given. For instance, Django Unchained was a good movie...by Quentin Tarantino.

#193 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: I have yet to see it, but everyone says it was spectacular.

#194 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage: I have yet to see it, but everyone says it was spectacular.

It's one of the best movies I've seen in a hot minute....well....at LEAST one of the best action movies I've seen in a hot minute

#195 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: Now I wanna see it!

#196 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage: Now I wanna see it!

It's really good...and action packed...and funny...and, of course, f*cked up

..............................................I really hope they cast a woman who's capable of evoking a feeling power and authority.

#197 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: The Authority is HUGE to me. Halle Storm was so whiny when she lead. It was total bull sh!t. Begging Wolverine to behave himself *shaking my head*

#198 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage: The Authority is HUGE to me. Halle Storm was so whiny when she lead. It was total bull sh!t. Begging Wolverine to behave himself *shaking my head*

.........................OMG, I HATE her voice!............for Storm

#199 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

And Catwoman

Never forget

#200 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

And Catwoman

Never forget

I CAN'T forget!.............LORD

And S. Stone's stupid self is on my list too!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.