Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10181 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Who should play Storm next?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

So maybe this has been beat to death...

But most people wouldn't consider Halle Mc Berries as their first choice for Storm. (Love her! But lets be serious.. she lacks a few major qualities that are needed to portray Storm.)

We have discussed this a bit before our forums got deleted-- But I have found a new bit of info most of you might find interesting.

A survey was taken on who fans want to portray Storm and Kerry Washington was the most popular choice among voters.

http://theurbandaily.com/2047183/kerry-washington-storm-poll-results/

34% said Kerry Washington

30% said Zoe Saldana

14% said Yaya DeCosta Alafia

11% said Dana Gurira

10% said Naomi Harris

All are great choices. What do you think? Considering the qualities Halle Berry lacked as Storm, is your first choice Kerry Washington? If not, who is?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By poisonfleur

Personally I love all the women in the listed in the poll. My only concern is all of them, including Kerry Washington are too short to play Storm. Storm is noticeably one of the tallest X-men. Also Kerry is a bit mousy at times like Halle, I have seen some instances where she has brought out an African accent, but is it enough to voice the Deep/Commanding/Shakespearean African/Alluring voice the role of Storm? Also I feel bad for saying this, but Kerry Washington's face doesn't look like Storm.

Visually, the one who looks closest to Storm out of all these women is, Imo, Yaya Alafia's:

Slap a tiara and white wig on her, and she may look the part... But she seems a bit small. And does she have the voice for the part?
    Slap a tiara and white wig on her, and she may look the part... But she seems a bit small. And does she have the voice for the part?
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@poisonfleur said:

Personally I love all the women in the listed in the poll. My only concern is all of them, including Kerry Washington are too short to play Storm. Storm is noticeably one of the tallest X-men. Also Kerry is a bit mousy at times like Halle, I have seen some instances where she has brought out an African accent, but is it enough to voice the Deep/Commanding/Shakespearean African/Alluring voice the role of Storm? Also I feel bad for saying this, but Kerry Washington's face doesn't look like Storm.

Visually, the one who looks closest to Storm out of all these women is, Imo, Yaya Alafia's:

She may look the part but she seems a bit small. And does she have the voice for the part?
    She may look the part but she seems a bit small. And does she have the voice for the part?

"top models" yaya? No gracias

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By poisonfleur

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

"top models" yaya? No gracias

Visually speaking, you must admit, she does look like her. I have only really seen her acting skills on Ugly Betty as Nico Slater. She was very meh to me, I figured because she replaced the original actress. But if she can't act & voice Storm-- BYEBYE YAYA! LOL

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I think she's a beautiful girl, and I agree that she looks like some depictions of Storm, but she isn't striking/strong enough for me. And I need to see her act a bit more, cause I'm not impressed with what she's done so far.lol

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By poisonfleur

@White Mage said:

I think she's a beautiful girl, and I agree that she looks like some depictions of Storm, but she isn't striking/strong enough for me. And I need to see her act a bit more, cause I'm not impressed with what she's done so far.lol

I hear you. Another point against her, is that she doesn't seem old or mature enough for the role. Although to be fair either was Halle when she took the part.

I think the others like Zoe & Kerry fill those shoes when it comes to maturity for the part.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By poisonfleur

I can't believe Dana Gurira beat out Naomi Harris... :/

Naomi Harris is amazing too imo.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@poisonfleur said:

I can't believe Dana Gurira beat out Naomi Harris... :/

Naomi Harris is amazing too imo.

I like both of them lol

When it comes to "gentle" striking beauties, I think Fatima (physically) would be much better for the role than someone like Yaya.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By poisonfleur

@White Mage: Oh- WOW- I see what you mean by exotic and striking looks. She has them. Nice pick, WM.

Honestly-- who ever plays Storm next needs a deep alluring yet commanding Shakespearean voice acting coach. Let's be honest, Storm doesn't sound African at all.. (It's the truth) I have heard African people speak and Storm sounds Shakespearean. No matter who plays her, that would be key to bringing her character to life.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage: Oh- WOW- I see what you mean by exotic and striking looks. She has them. Nice pick, WM.

Honestly-- who ever plays Storm next needs a deep alluring yet commanding Shakespearean voice acting coach. Let's be honest, Storm doesn't sound African at all.. (It's the truth) I have heard African people speak and Storm sounds Shakespearean. No matter who plays her, that would be key to bringing her character to life.

Interesting thing: We need either straight up Kenyan, or a british tone. Seriously, Storm's voice in Marvel Nemesis wasn't inaccurate. It isn't what I would've chosen, but it wasn't inaccurate.

I would love for her to have a thick, but understandable accent........................................When I think of Storm's voice, I actually think of the late, great Madge Sinclair

Deep, authoritative, GORGEOUS annunciation.....REGAL as hell..........I miss Madge :(

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
    MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MagnificentStorm

I Still love me some Halle Burry I loved her in three but maybe thats just me An I dont get y ppl said she played her bad thats how the dang on producers portrayed her. I mean did anyone see how they messed up X-men First Class. In my honest opinion they know how to make a good movie but they dont know how to portray the characters right even though they change the story's drastically they should really change the character like they do. As I am concerned the movies they do are on a whole other earth something like earth-90210

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@MagnificentStorm said:

I Still love me some Halle Burry I loved her in three but maybe thats just me An I dont get y ppl said she played her bad thats how the dang on producers portrayed her. I mean did anyone see how they messed up X-men First Class. In my honest opinion they know how to make a good movie but they dont know how to portray the characters right even though they change the story's drastically they should really change the character like they do. As I am concerned the movies they do are on a whole other earth something like earth-90210

See, because her parts sucked, she falls under my scrutiny at full power. Storm's role didn't require talent. Just a "look". And the look they chose was Halle..........and I am NOT happy about that. I could've even dealt with a woman who had the look, but not the speaking voice......but Marvel said "Naw b*tch. F**k yo dreams!!", and cast Halle......I'll never forgive them for this.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By poisonfleur

@White Mage: Brilliant! I love it. I never made that comparison before. & I know what you mean about Marvel's Nemesis. It's like when you hear her talk your like 'It's not bad-- It's different-- good-- but I had something else in mind.' LOL

How do you feel about Susan Dillan's updated performance of Storm in MvC3? (She kinda was meh in Wolverine and the X-men but sounds wayy better here.) Very exotic, Shakespearean, strong, commanding, a hint of alluring.

Her and Dawnn Lewis are my personal favs.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
    MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MagnificentStorm

@White Mage said:

@MagnificentStorm said:

See, because her parts sucked, she falls under my scrutiny at full power. Storm's role didn't require talent. Just a "look". And the look they chose was Halle..........and I am NOT happy about that. I could've even dealt with a woman who had the look, but not the speaking voice......but Marvel said "Naw b*tch. F**k yo dreams!!", and cast Halle......I'll never forgive them for this.

What Storms role would take hecka talent but again look at how they portrayed Storm in those movies. In none of them she really wasnt head strong an I actually kinda like her voice in one in how she put a little accent in with it not baaaaad. BUT I LOVE HALLE SO IM FINE WITH HER STAYING

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage: Brilliant! I love it. I never made that comparison before. & I know what you mean about Marvel's Nemesis. It's like when you hear her talk your like 'It's not bad-- It's different-- good-- but I had something else in mind.' LOL

How do you feel about Susan Dillan's updated performance of Storm in MvC3? (She kinda was meh in Wolverine and the X-men but sounds wayy better here.) Very exotic, Shakespearean, strong, commanding, a hint of alluring.

I enjoyed that MUCH better than her Wolverine and the X-Men work......I still prefer Dawnn's voice over hers, but I don't have mega hard hitting complaints about what she brought to the game.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By poisonfleur

@White Mage said:

@MagnificentStorm said:

I have to say, My issue with Halle is that every movie (except for X-men the last stand) She was out shined by Mystique and Deathstrike. And in the comics that NEVER happens. Also in X2 she didn't really fight... >_>

Let's face it, the script and singer's directing was crap for Storm in X1 & X2. And Halle's mousy presence and short small stature wasn't helping.. And it was bothersome to see her constantly nervous.. How in the F*ck can you wear a black leather outfit and look nervous!!?

DaFuq!?

I love Halle. but I can't stand that nervous/insecure/worried face and voice she makes when playing the part of Storm. Storm is NEVER any of that. Halle comes off sometimes like she wanted the role of Jean. Not Storm.

In her defense, Halle even said she wouldn't do X-men The Last Stand unless Storm's role is expanded on, and I think she did a better job acting too. Sure she wasn't perfect, but I feel she was trying and has an idea of what Storm is about now, based on X:TLS. I really enjoyed her performance in The Last Stand. She kicked Quill, Arclight, & Callisto's butts in once scene!! XD TEAM BUSTER!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By poisonfleur

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

I enjoyed that MUCH better than her Wolverine and the X-Men work......I still prefer Dawnn's voice over hers, but I don't have mega hard hitting complaints about what she brought to the game.

It's funny because you got me thinking. I actually like that they change Storm's voice every now and then. She really takes on many different looks and incarnations. It's only natural that her voice change along with it. Sometimes she is alluring, edgy, strong, kinda, regal, commanding, supportive, trustworthy, calm, angry, street-smart, fierce, and deep. It's almost impossible for a voice actress to embody ALL of those qualities. Her voice is so situational. Even when I read her in comics I juggle between two different voices. LOL I am sure You do the same!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jhazzroucher

@poisonfleur said:

So maybe this has been beat to death...

But most people wouldn't consider Halle Mc Berries as their first choice for Storm. (Love her! But lets be serious.. she lacks a few major qualities that are needed to portray Storm.)

We have discussed this a bit before our forums got deleted-- But I have found a new bit of info most of you might find interesting.

A survey was taken on who fans want to portray Storm and Kerry Washington was the most popular choice among voters.

http://theurbandaily.com/2047183/kerry-washington-storm-poll-results/

34% said Kerry Washington

30% said Zoe Saldana

14% said Yaya DeCosta Alafia

11% said Dana Gurira

10% said Naomi Harris

All are great choices. What do you think? Considering the qualities Halle Berry lacked as Storm, is your first choice Kerry Washington? If not, who is?

among the choices, I'd still choose Zoe

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@MagnificentStorm said:

@White Mage said:

@MagnificentStorm said:

What Storms role would take hecka talent but again look at how they portrayed Storm in those movies. In none of them she really wasnt head strong an I actually kinda like her voice in one in how she put a little accent in with it not baaaaad. BUT I LOVE HALLE SO IM FINE WITH HER STAYING

Her role really didn't take talent. There were some moments with a lot of potential beauty, but they were lost. She just had to sit back, look pretty, and let the special effects do their job.

Her voice is weak, and her appearance is frail to me. She lacked everything I would have chosen: a VERY STRIKING face, a deep tone of voice, and darker skin

I just felt cheated out of a great casting opportunity.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

It's funny because you got me thinking. I actually like that they change Storm's voice every now and then. She really takes on many different looks and incarnations. It's only natural that her voice change along with it. Sometimes she is alluring, edgy, strong, kinda, regal, commanding, supportive, trustworthy, calm, angry, street-smart, fierce, and deep. It's almost impossible for a voice actress to embody ALL of those qualities. Her voice is so situational. Even when I read her in comics I juggle between two different voices. LOL I am sure You do the same!

I always hear Grace Jones/Madge Sinclair/Dawnn Lewis when I read her parts.lol

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jhazzroucher

Zoe should be the one cos she's the most popular

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

F*ck that

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

F*ck that

among the choices

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

F*ck that

among the choices

KERRRRRRRY

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By poisonfleur

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

F*ck that

That's what they said about Halle... lol

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By poisonfleur

& to be honest, Zoe seems like an updated Latina version of Halle to me. Love her, but I am just sayin'!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

Interesting thing: We need either straight up Kenyan, or a british tone. Seriously, Storm's voice in Marvel Nemesis wasn't inaccurate. It isn't what I would've chosen, but it wasn't inaccurate.

I would love for her to have a thick, but understandable accent........................................When I think of Storm's voice, I actually think of the late, great Madge Sinclair

Deep, authoritative, GORGEOUS annunciation.....REGAL as hell..........I miss Madge :(

may Madge rest in peace she was amazing!!!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

F*ck that

among the choices

KERRRRRRRY

Zoe!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss: YES, she most definitely was :(

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

F*ck that

among the choices

KERRRRRRRY

Zoe!

Kerry won. Zoe who?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

F*ck that

among the choices

KERRRRRRRY

Zoe!

Kerry won. Zoe who?

Hmmm.... i've checked their wikis and Kerry may have more films but Zoe has more awards or nominations.

Avatar image for storm_ultimatebadass
    Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kerry definetly

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

F*ck that

among the choices

KERRRRRRRY

Zoe!

Kerry won. Zoe who?

Hmmm.... i've checked their wikis and Kerry may have more films but Zoe has more awards or nominations.

...............................Kerry won

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Boom

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Storm_UltimateBadass said:

Kerry definetly

Thank you for joining the Storm forum fellow Storm fan. : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

Kerry definetly

If ever I need good customer service....

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Kerry definetly
    Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i vote for naomi harris. cause she beautiful and can really act. that model yaya is fine as hell though.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Kerry definetly

you can count on me then. : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Kerry definetly

I know...you'd be that wal mart greeter that constantly gets employee of the month

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By moywar700

Halle Berry expressed interest in the role again.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jhazzroucher

@moywar700 said:

link please

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@moywar700 said:

And here we go with this

Pso_Christen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pso_Christen
    If only she could act...
    If only she could act...
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Pso_Christen: :( I know

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By poisonfleur

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Kerry definetly

I know...you'd be that wal mart greeter that constantly gets employee of the month

LMFAO-- The Walmart greeter at the Storm Palace.

LOL

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Pso_Christen said:

If only she could act...
    If only she could act...

who is she?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#48  Edited By Teerack
    No Caption Provided

Thandie Newton is great in every movie she's been in.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@Pso_Christen said:

If only she could act...
    If only she could act...

who is she?

GET OUT!!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Kerry definetly

LMFAO-- The Walmart greeter at the Storm Palace.

LOL

Yep....5 feet away from the water fountain

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.