Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10172 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Who should do a Storm series?

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By krspaceT

Of the currently active writers in Comics, I think Gail Simone. She's handled other strong females before

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I will go for Christopher Yost.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Christopher Yost
    Warren Ellis
    or
    stick with
    Brian Wood

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Gail Simone wrote a fantastic Storm back in the day, wrote fantastic characters/stories in general tbh, i'd love to see her take a shot at Storm one of these days.

But atm, Brian Wood.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jhazzroucher

Gail Simone wrote a fantastic Storm back in the day, wrote fantastic characters/stories in general tbh, i'd love to see her take a shot at Storm one of these days.

But atm, Brian Wood.

But Wood doesn't give us action-packed scenes

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: So ? He compensates and gives character-driven cerebral drama. If you want "action-packed" scenes, go read AvX or Age Of Ultron, both written by Bendis and an assortment of writers that fall into the category of "i write a horrible Storm", and actually, Wood does do action, see his Ultimate Comics X-Men for example. He also said this title would be packed full of action, so yeah.

Petite_Oiseau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Petite_Oiseau

But atm, Brian Wood.

Yes please. That's a Storm ongoing I would actually check out.

Brian Wood would also be my more realistic pick for one.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petite_oiseau: Yeah, although i haven't really head her more modern/contemporary/recent work, is the quality still high ?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: So ? He compensates and gives character-driven cerebral drama. If you want "action-packed" scenes, go read AvX or Age Of Ultron, both written by Bendis and an assortment of writers that fall into the category of "i write a horrible Storm", and actually, Wood does do action, see his Ultimate Comics X-Men for example. He also said this title would be packed full of action, so yeah.

ok. i get your point. But it is the reason why I am going for Yost because he even showed us new things that Storm could also do, and he did it well.

Petite_Oiseau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petite_oiseau: Yeah, although i haven't really head her more modern/contemporary/recent work, is the quality still high ?

You'll get mixed opinions on that and I'm not exactly unbiased.

I'm not a huge fan of her Batgirl run, but that's not so much on her writing as it is the character and what they've done with her. The first issue of her new book came out yesterday and I loved it. Her Secret Six run was amazing. I think she'll do a great Red Sonja, as well. Stuff like that seems to be her forte. I think she'd do well by Storm.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PassionFlower

I'd say Yost or Brian Wood. I love Gail Simone but I've never felt she was that much a Storm fan...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Yost or Brian Wood. I love Gail Simone but I've never felt she was that much a Storm fan...

if you have to choose one, Yost or Wood?

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What about Rick Remender? I heard that he wanted to use Storm in UA, but was denied. I think he could do right by her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.