Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

What's with the 2013 Storm push?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#351  Edited By Decoy Elite

I really don't think Marvel's creative teams decided to put a character in a bunch of books because they're popular on some forums. :P

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#352  Edited By Storm Calling

@Decoy Elite said:

I really don't think Marvel's creative teams decided to put a character in a bunch of books because they're popular on some forums. :P

Correction: Make that EVERY comic book forum. Jhazz has been to them all!

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Storm Calling said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Correction: Make that EVERY comic book forum. Jhazz has been to them all!

Lol, seriously? That's kinda sad in a way.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By Decoy Elite

I wonder if he got banned anywhere else.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By Storm Calling

@Decoy Elite: As a heart attack. Jhazz has been to everyone I can think of, and he pushes Storm very prominently at all of them. lol

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Storm Calling: That's a shame, it's always a bad idea to force a character on others.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By butterflykyss

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@White Mage said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@White Mage: Thor fans will never be happy.

They were FURIOUS with AVX

Yeah, but in their defense no one liked AvX.

.....................It either should've been shorter, or better written. Tensions weren't even rising like they should have, and not enough attention was given to Storm imo. She was one of the VERY first people to say that this needed to be fixed diplomatically......the b*tch got ignored.lol

I agree, Storm should have had her own group of superheroes trying to settle the conflict between the two teams. She was the only one who was apart of both teams and had powerful leadership potential. I think a team up with her and T'Challa would have been far better than the marriage consular.

I concur.. AVX was a hot mess of a train wreck.. I hoping for reconciliation between the two one day. However, it would appear that Marvel may be attempting to push Tchalla off to this Black Swan character..

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By butterflykyss

And Storm is being pushed for the 2013... here's hoping for omega level confirmation

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By Stormultt

@butterflykyss said:

And Storm is being pushed for the 2013... here's hoping for omega level confirmation

She's omega level, Not that it matters.

We really don't need comfirmation anymore, The writers are messy.

She's also being 'pushed' because she has a large fanbase and should've gotten this attention long ago.

This last decade has been horrendous, They need to keep making steps to bring out Storms great potential.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#360  Edited By poisonfleur

This has been needed. Storm's popularity should be between Cyclops's and Wolverine's. The last few years were rough. This upswing lately is Grreeeaaat!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By butterflykyss

@Stormultt said:

@butterflykyss said:

She's omega level, Not that it matters.

We really don't need comfirmation anymore, The writers are messy.

She's also being 'pushed' because she has a large fanbase and should've gotten this attention long ago.

This last decade has been horrendous, They need to keep making steps to bring out Storms great potential.

Why do you think we don't need it anymore? I know some wouldn't want it because they say this would over power her and she would end up like jean. However, I think if a good writer and artist were on the project, having this type of power set could lead into a good solo-ongoing for her and put her in a position to be a heavy hitter in the MU as a whole.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#362  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@butterflykyss: I don't think so. There are several so called omega-level mutants prancing around and they're nothing more than opportune plot-devices, either dead, maltreated or none of the above but nothing substantial has been done for them. Rachel Grey for example is an omega level, but Aaron treats her like a joke. Storm can do well without the clarification as it doesn't even mean anything in this day and age, it's only a label, when a good writer comes along (barring a "good artist") that knows her capabilities, there won't be a need.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#363  Edited By BR_Havoc

Honestly she is Marvels pet project right now I have always been a fan of Storm but I do not think her push will last in the long run. She is the cool "edgy" girl right now since she ditched her queen status but sooner or later they will not know what to do with her and she will be pushed to the background or back into the arms of Black Panther (and he could use a HUGE push)

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#364  Edited By Walzo

Because Marvel is doing a all female push, and Storm is one of those females.

It's not that Marvel is all of a sudden pushing the hell out of Storm, they are pushing all Females, and due to the fact that Storm is a name that people know, people are more likely to buy it.

She still probably can't hold her own series though. She's a team player.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#365  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Walzo said:

It's not that Marvel is all of a sudden pushing the hell out of Storm, they are pushing all Females, and due to the fact that Storm is a name that people know, people are more likely to buy it.

She can cross that bridge when she gets there. They've never taken that chance to establish her character outside of the X-Ethos, or at least, not to a feasible degree. Because Claremont isn't here and current Marvel Editorial are scared, but i like the position she's in right now. I'm not sure a solo series is mandated at this point.

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By Walzo

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Walzo said:

She can cross that bridge when she gets there. They've never taken that chance to establish her character outside of the X-Ethos, or at least, not to a feasible degree. Because Claremont isn't here and current Marvel Editorial are scared, but i like the position she's in right now. I'm not sure a solo series is mandated at this point.

Exactly, I was just addressing the people who think that Storm has a big enough fanbase to hold her own.

I like her leading teams, it's much more interesting than a solo Storm.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#367  Edited By jhazzroucher

@AgeofHurricane said:

@butterflykyss: I don't think so. There are several so called omega-level mutants prancing around and they're nothing more than opportune plot-devices, either dead, maltreated or none of the above but nothing substantial has been done for them. Rachel Grey for example is an omega level, but Aaron treats her like a joke. Storm can do well without the clarification as it doesn't even mean anything in this day and age, it's only a label, when a good writer comes along (barring a "good artist") that knows her capabilities, there won't be a need.

prolly but at least people would agree that she's infinitely powerful

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By jhazzroucher

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Walzo said:

i will not agree that she's only a team player.

Dazzler was given her own ongoing. Mystique too. same goes to Emma Frost. For as long as Marvel really gives characters their own ongoing, then they're not only team players.

That's why I'm wondering why they only give minis to Storm when other less popular characters got their own ongoing.

Is it because they already have a thunder god in the name of Thor? is it because they don't want another lady to be in competition with Ms Marvel? (well i believe they have Rogue not having her powers anymore so people would support Ms marvel) is it because they already have Black panther? or is it all because of all that i mentioned?

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By Walzo

@jhazzroucher:

And how well did all of those books sell? How long did they last?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Walzo said:

@jhazzroucher:

still it didn't mean they're only team players

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By jhazzroucher

and to think that they've been given their own ongoing doesn't make sense why Storm didn't have any

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By Walzo

@jhazzroucher said:

and to think that they've been given their own ongoing doesn't make sense why Storm didn't have any

Because she doesn't have any real rouges, she's uninteresting when written without a team and she's better when working with a team?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Walzo said:

Dazzler was given her own ongoing. Mystique too. same goes to Emma Frost. For as long as Marvel really gives characters their own ongoing, then they're not only team players.

That's why I'm wondering why they only give minis to Storm when other less popular characters got their own ongoing.

Is it because they already have a thunder god in the name of Thor? is it because they don't want another lady to be in competition with Ms Marvel? (well i believe they have Rogue not having her powers anymore so people would support Ms marvel) is it because they already have Black panther? or is it all because of all that i mentioned?

They do have another woman in competition with Captain Marvel, Red She-Hulk.

And Black Panther doesn't have his own series, so what's your point there?

@Walzo said:

@jhazzroucher:

Mystique #1 - 47,695 copies, 25th most popular issue of the month.

Mystique #24 - 21,436 copies, 94th most popular issue of the month.

Emma Frost #1 - 54,107 copies, 26th most popular issue of the month.

Emma Frost #24 - 24,519 copies, 88th most popular issue of the month.

Not terrible sales, but they didn't last long. Mystiques' series was kinda cool from the roughly half of the issues I have. I can't remember what I thought of Emma Frosts' though. Not as good as Mystique anyway.

In case you want to compare them to other things for whatever reason:

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2003/2003-04.html

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2005/2005-02.html

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2003/2003-07.html

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2004/2004-12.html

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By jhazzroucher

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Walzo said:

They do have another woman in competition with Captain Marvel, Red She-Hulk.

And Black Panther doesn't have his own series, so what's your point there?

@Walzo said:

@jhazzroucher:

Mystique #1 - 47,695 copies, 25th most popular issue of the month.

Mystique #24 - 21,436 copies, 94th most popular issue of the month.

Emma Frost #1 - 54,107 copies, 26th most popular issue of the month.

Emma Frost #24 - 24,519 copies, 88th most popular issue of the month.

Not terrible sales, but they didn't last long. Mystiques' series was kinda cool from the roughly half of the issues I have. I can't remember what I thought of Emma Frosts' though. Not as good as Mystique anyway.

In case you want to compare them to other things for whatever reason:

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2003/2003-04.html

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2005/2005-02.html

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2003/2003-07.html

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2004/2004-12.html

1. right now BP doesn't have one but he had before.

2. still, they were given an ongoing. didn't other women who were given an ongoing also suffered the same fate?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By jhazzroucher

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: so if they were given the chance to have their own ongoing, then they should also give Storm one too./

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: O.K. I thought you meant just now. Why are you comparing Black Panther to Storm? Because they were married?

@jhazzroucher said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: so if they were given the chance to have their own ongoing, then they should also give Storm one too./

If someone can think of something interesting to do with a Storm ongoing, then yes, they should give it a go. It seems that the only reason to not try an ongoing with a well known character would be that no-one has any ideas for what to write for them.

And what does this mean?

is it because they don't want another lady to be in competition with Ms Marvel? (well i believe they have Rogue not having her powers anymore so people would support Ms marvel)

I can't work out what you're trying to say here.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By jhazzroucher

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher: O.K. I thought you meant just now. Why are you comparing Black Panther to Storm? Because they were married?

@jhazzroucher said:

If someone can think of something interesting to do with a Storm ongoing, then yes, they should give it a go. It seems that the only reason to not try an ongoing with a well known character would be that no-one has any ideas for what to write for them.

And what does this mean?

is it because they don't want another lady to be in competition with Ms Marvel? (well i believe they have Rogue not having her powers anymore so people would support Ms marvel)

I can't work out what you're trying to say here.

1. because i think Marvel gave BP an ongoing to represent the black community. so that may be the reason why they're not giving Storm her own solo

2. I mean Marvel depowered Rogue so more people would like Ms marvel, when clearly powered Rogue had more fans than her before.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#378  Edited By JakeN7

@Namor1987: What have you done!? You've incurred the wrath of the dreaded Storm fans! Run while you can! RRRUUUNNN!!!!!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By jhazzroucher

@JakeN7 said:

@Namor1987: What have you done!? You've incurred the wrath of the dreaded Storm fans! Run while you can! RRRUUUNNN!!!!!

rofl! : )

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: 1. But he doesn't have one at the moment, so why would that be the reason that Storm doesn't have one? And why do you say he got an ongoing because he's black? Maybe he got one because someone had a good story to tell with him.

2. Do you have any evidence to show that that's why Marvel did that, or that there was a change in the number of fans for either character when it happened?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By butterflykyss

@AgeofHurricane said:

all of what you said is true i actually agree but the storm as we know now isnt on the level of miss marvel or even photon in terms of power. i think to be a heavy hitter to be a force to recon with in the whole of marvel universe she needs that . Omega level would give her a opportunity to go against threats on an intergalatic scale; which if written properly could take her to another level in terms of an solo on-going.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By jhazzroucher

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher: 1. But he doesn't have one at the moment, so why would that be the reason that Storm doesn't have one? And why do you say he got an ongoing because he's black? Maybe he got one because someone had a good story to tell with him.

2. Do you have any evidence to show that that's why Marvel did that, or that there was a change in the number of fans for either character when it happened?

1. every character starts with one issue, one story so it's the job of the writer to make a character more likable. Did Spider-man have his own villains when the first issue came? they made villains for him. the good thing with starting with a solo is that the comic si centered on the character so in most cases, the character would saved the day, unlike on a team, a character would win or would lose. being black is prolly one of the reasons.

2. well, i'm one of those Rogue fans who like her more than the flightless and no superstrength Rogue. But it's just my assumption that Marvel did it. I can't really prove it.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By jhazzroucher

@butterflykyss said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

all of what you said is true i actually agree but the storm as we know now isnt on the level of miss marvel or even photon in terms of power. i think to be a heavy hitter to be a force to recon with in the whole of marvel universe she needs that . Omega level would give her a opportunity to go against threats on an intergalatic scale; which if written properly could take her to another level in terms of an solo on-going.

I agree with you butterflykyss.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Surely every solo focuses on the title character? I don't get why starting a solo series with a new character is better. By being in a team, a character will gain some fans who will go out and buy a solo series, and the series will make more money.

2. I wouldn't recommend stating you're own assumption like it's a fact.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By jhazzroucher

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher: Surely every solo focuses on the title character? I don't get why starting a solo series with a new character is better. By being in a team, a character will gain some fans who will go out and buy a solo series, and the series will make more money.

2. I wouldn't recommend stating you're own assumption like it's a fact.

1. It really depends on how the readers will react

2, ok/.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: What depends on how the readers will react? The amount of people buying it?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By jhazzroucher

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher: What depends on how the readers will react? The amount of people buying it?

yes. because no matter h ow good the writer is, it'll still depend on if people will pick it up.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: So if the writing was good, it'd only be the art or the character themself that would make people not pick it up?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By jhazzroucher

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@jhazzroucher: So if the writing was good, it'd only be the art or the character themself that would make people not pick it up?

i mean overall. we can't say the if the story and the art is good, people would buy it. I think a good example are comics from Image.

because writing a character well especially in a sotry where a lot of characters are involve will make readers like the character more.

so the good thing with having an ongoing is that the charactee the star, the character saves the day, the character usually win against opponents.

writing spider-man losing most of the time in his ongoing , definitely his ongoing will not sell well.

hero/heroine logically winning is automatic good writing for an ongoing, that's my opinion

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.