Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10181 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

What we want to see in a Storm ongoing solo

• 135 results
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By poisonfleur

@THUNDERBOLT30: I KNOW you got a kick out that! LMAO

( I really need to stop. That one may have crossed the line. :x )

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@moneyspider1 said:

@Thunderbolt30: Don't ever tell me to calm down. Certain Storm fans on various websites, including Comic Vine, have a history of purposely dissing both Black Panther and Wakanda as a matter of habit for YEARS, so don't pretend like it's all in good fun. It's a running "joke" that is juvenile, petty, and pathetic.

Well then I'll be blunt and tell you too damn bad, don't care if you don't like it, suck it up, get over it, and that I couldn't careless about how juvenile you think it is. Storm fans have had to deal with bitter BP fans talkin' a whole bunch of ish for the longest time, and to far more extremes than my little quips. You can redirect the Storm fans disdain toward the writers and Marvel all you like, but the bottom line is he was a crap husband and Wakanda was predominantly full of ingrates who jumped at any opportunity to criticize and disrespect Storm from the beginning. I don't feel one iota of compassion for what happened to them. My interests are soley on how their tragedy can benefit Storm. If it adds progression and exposure for her then Namor can repeat their destruction again.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By Blood1991

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@moneyspider1 said:

@Thunderbolt30: Don't ever tell me to calm down. Certain Storm fans on various websites, including Comic Vine, have a history of purposely dissing both Black Panther and Wakanda as a matter of habit for YEARS, so don't pretend like it's all in good fun. It's a running "joke" that is juvenile, petty, and pathetic.

Well then I'll be blunt and tell you too damn bad, don't care if you don't like it, suck it up, get over it, and that I couldn't careless about how juvenile you think it is. Storm fans have had to deal with bitter BP fans talkin' a whole bunch of ish for the longest time, and to far more extremes than my little quips. You can redirect the Storm fans disdain toward the writers and Marvel all you like, but the bottom line is he was a crap husband and Wakanda was predominantly full of ingrates who jumped at any opportunity to criticize and disrespect Storm from the beginning. I don't feel one iota of compassion for what happened to them. My interests are soley on how their tragedy can benefit Storm. If it adds progression and exposure for her then Namor can repeat their destruction again.

I'm going to try "emphasis on try please don't yell at me" to stop this now before things are said, flags are sent, and threads are locked.

MS- What you said was incredibly hostile and there are better ways to disagree, I understand it can be annoying, but alot of these fans are just venting. Storm's character was next to destroyed in the process of that marriage. Her place in the X-Men was compromised and she was written poorly with Tchalla by everyone, but Mcduffie "R.I.P". I agree that it is insensitive to Black Panther fans or mutual fans who like both characters, but lashing out is only going to cause trouble instead calmly voicing your opinion.

TB- I've been here for alot of the bad mouthing Storm got in that marriage/divorce and regular users have seen just about every kind of hate a Storm fan can receive, but we both know that responding to hostility with hostility only starts problems "though I understand why you did". I also feel that some of you guys are being really hard on BP and Wakanda. We still have a team up to see how their relationship plays out, but Overall I think both characters are better off without the other and I look forward to seeing them in their respective titles.

I have said my peace.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By chasereis

Storm should be at the forefront the flagship X-men book to be certain, but with honesty, I don't like solo X-books...any of them they always turn to crap sooner or later. Even Wolvie should be stuck in a team X-book on a permanent basis in my opinion. How about three double size team X books monthly, Uncanny X-men, X-factor and New mutants. Have a quarterly GN of smaller stories ala X-men Unlimited to build smaller characters. Would totally get my money monthly...

Just my opinion.

moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By moneyspider1

@Blood1991: Even if some Storm fans were feeling "hurt," that was still no excuse to take it out on Black Panther fans or Black Panther for all of these years. Another thing is, Storm was not doing anything if importance in the X-books, which is why Marvel allowed Storm to go over to the Black Panther book. Had Storm been doing important things in the X-books then, would Marvel have allowed the character to go elsewhere? I doubt it. Also, despite what some people would try and have you believe, Storm was shown doing more in the Black Panther book than she had been doing in the X-Men books around the same time, especially since the X-books had become the Cyclops-Emma Frost-Wolverine show. A lot of Storm fans who resort to childish insults want to pretend like they are totally justified in what they do, and when you call them out on it, they fall back on the old excuse of "it was just a joke, lighten up." Like I said, this has been going on for years, with certain Storm fans on several websites forming cliques and thinking Black Panther, Wakanda and Black Panther fans are one huge joke. They hardly apologize (although Butterflykyss has apologized and I appreciate that)) and some never apologize and even get more outrageous in their behavior, just to try and prove a point. Have you ever tried talking reasonably and rationally with most Storm fans who despise Black Panther because he married Storm? It doesn't work...trying to reason with a lot of Storm fans simply does not work...especially when those Storm fans are part of a clique whose very existence is to mock, ridicule and make fun of Black Panther. I've been on these sites for YEARS...I've seen comments and "jokes" and taunts like you probably wouldn't believe. Another thing is, this thread was going on quite nicely with the back-and-forth of ideas about a Storm solo, until several "jokes" were told at Black Panther's expense for no good reason. Now, I can ignore this up to a point, but once that point has been exceeded (which it has, because like I keep saying, this has been building for years), something's gotta be done about it, and I would love it if moderators would crack down on that sort of thing. But I agree with you, I don't want this thread derailed any further. We should get back to talking about Storm's solo book (even though I think Storm and Black Panther could definitely work as a couple if Marvel showed as much love for them as it does for Susan and Reed Richards as a couple. The fact that Marvel has been tearing so many couples apart in the past few years is ridiculous and a bit suspicious).

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Blood1991

@moneyspider1: I understand "to an extent" and I'm glad we were able to come to an understanding and still get a point across. Though you shouldn't group all her fans into a stereotype. I consider myself a huge Storm fan and I do not think that way and many of these users are good users who I genuinely enjoy conversing with even if I disagree on certain issues.

Back on topic. I would love to see a Journey into Mystery Storm solo crossover if they ever gave Storm one. Storm and Lady Sif being bad asses all while touching on Storm's Asgardian roots.

Screw it make it a three title crossover and add the Lady Liberators with Misty, Val, and Danni.

Then we have four bad ass Marvel chicks with Asgardian ties and we can get Misty some armor and a crossbow and tell one hell of a story.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By poisonfleur

@Blood1991 said:

@moneyspider1: I understand "to an extent" and I'm glad we were able to come to an understanding and still get a point across. Though you shouldn't group all her fans into a stereotype. I consider myself a huge Storm fan and I do not think that way and many of these users are good users who I genuinely enjoy conversing with even if I disagree on certain issues.

Back on topic. I would love to see a Journey into Mystery Storm solo crossover if they ever gave Storm one. Storm and Lady Sif being bad asses all while touching on Storm's Asgardian roots.

Screw it make it a three title crossover and add the Lady Liberators with Misty, Val, and Danni.

Then we have four bad ass Marvel chicks with Asgardian ties and we can get Misty some armor and a crossbow and tell one hell of a story.

YES! I was a bit skeptical with Sif being the lead for journey into mystery. But add Storm to the mix and have her 'touch' up as you said. I would love to see that. :)

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Blood1991

@poisonfleur: Plus Storm is going to be rocking her Mohawk again so Asgard storm for the win! Though I agree that Lady Sif centering a book was odd, I really enjoyed the first issue.

moneyspider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By moneyspider1

@Blood1991: I know not ALL Storm fans act the same way, which is why I made it a point to say "some" Storm fans in my comments. I'm sure there are a lot of other Storm fans who keep to themselves and appreciate Storm quietly without resorting to juvenile behavior, or who don't necessarily keep to themselves but still act and behave rationally and with maturity.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By UltraBiel

@poisonfleur: @Blood1991: I also loved the first issue of Sif in Journey into Mystery! I'm also loving Red She-hulk.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By poisonfleur

I hear some mutants are getting power upgrades from the last phoenix incident. Soo.... do you think Storm might actually have an upgrade.... on her lightning... to you know... some lightning that actually hurts others? lol That'd really help in a solo story. ;P Jk

@Blood1991: You are soo right! I forgot that would match up! Where is Dani too?

@UltraBiel: Is it really good? This may sound weird, but I can never imagine myself reading any kind of hulk book. I might page thru one tho- next trip to the comic shop if you say it's good. I may check out Sif's

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. No speeches.

2. Have her confront other mutants or superhumans like Siena Blaze whose powers inflict wide scale environmental damage but who don't care about the long term effects. Use these enemies to explore Ororo's use of her powers in different environmental and strategic contexts to defeat them. They don't have to be related; it could be as simple as an Avengers squad asking for her help to take down an enemy in one situation and a depraved mutant wanting to destroy a country or nation with weather/elemental powers in another. Basically, enemies that can counter her powers requiring her to be more creative.

3. It would be nice to see her get into therapy or go into a period of introspection on her relationships or career. It would be nice if she decided to take her career to the next level like Ms./Capt. Marvel and meet with image consultants, meet with Jennifer Walters to discuss legal issues involved with her divorce/separation or even meet with Firestar and Justice, another couple dealing with separation issues, to commiserate. I'd really love for her to meet with Photon/Monica Rambeau - maybe Monica could be thinking of her own career and the two decide to form a duo.

4. I would like to see her be more relatable. This is debatable, since many of her fans seem to like the Mary Sue-type accomplishments, but it would be nice to see her in a real life context. For example, there was a fill in 'X-Men Classic' story where her shallow treatment of a homeless man lead him to follow her to the mansion where she had to choose between Wolverine and Colossus. Not the best written story, but they should explore how aloof she is to other heroes and how she is perceived by them. I'd really like to see a focus on a realistic reaction from her that is not idealized or gaudy. Does she want to have children? Does she ever think of retirement? Does she like being put in the position of leader, any more?

5. If this hasn't already been done, I think it would be a good story focus for her to pursue the X-Men who are 'loose ends' - maybe she tries to save Dazzler and Sage from the alternate reality they are trapped in.

6. No Shadow King.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@poisonfleur said:

I hear some mutants are getting power upgrades from the last phoenix incident. Soo.... do you think Storm might actually have an upgrade.... on her lightning... to you know... some lightning that actually hurts others? lol That'd really help in a solo story. ;P Jk

@Blood1991: You are soo right! I forgot that would match up! Where is Dani too?

@UltraBiel: Is it really good? This may sound weird, but I can never imagine myself reading any kind of hulk book. I might page thru one tho- next trip to the comic shop if you say it's good. I may check out Sif's

It's interesting but kind of ridiculous at the same time.

The P5's powers changing makes sense....but Magneto's? Really? ost of the X-Men that fought the P5 got blasted by them so it doesn't make sense to me. at least not right now.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By UltraBiel

@THUNDERBOLT30: @poisonfleur:

I used to love she-hulk when I was a kid in the 90's. Sometimes it seens marvel lost the touche with her, she is so dull in the recent years. But I like red she-hulk because It is like a "girl alone in the road against an entire world" premisse and she is kicking Avengers ass in the last issue. Hope it doesn't floop...

@PhoenixoftheTides:

Storm with no Speeches? No thank you! :D

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@UltraBiel said:

@PhoenixoftheTides:

Storm with no Speeches? No thank you! :D

LOL I just think that speeches can be very hit or miss. While some characters have opportunities to give speeches that make everyone excited because of particular traits of their character, a la Captain America in both the 616 and Ultimate Universe, other characters' speeches either look like insecurity, an attempt to justify their actions/beliefs or hokey text that stalls the action and takes away the momentum of what they are doing. Wolverine, for example, rarely has speeches, because his character is about action and not justifying himself to any and all people. Storm, on the writers' side, typically has a more complex personality - if you look at the Claremont era in the '70s and '80s, for example, many of her speeches were actually thought balloons and she only gave one if the situation called for it. What we saw during the Mohawk Era was her becoming more of an "action shows her thoughts" type of character, which was freeing and allowed for strong scenes like her defeat of Cyclops in the danger room without thought balloons or too much text from her part (most of this scene was written from Cyclops' perspective IIRC).

Not every writer can pull off a good speech scene without making it appear like PIS - for a character like Storm, who I'd really like to see portrayed as a force of nature with action elements, with fewer grandstanding moments. It's kind of strange dealing with energy wielders from a writers' standpoint - on one hand, it is more effective to show than to tell, but on the other hand, the readers might not know what the character is doing. Susan Storm has a similar problem - her force fields are invisible but she has total control over them, like a sculptor. Some of the shapes she makes can't be fully explained without a lot of work on an artists and writers' part to make it overt to readers so you get a wall of text, whereas at least before, there would be editorial notes or thought balloons doing the work. There's always a desire to over-explain, but sometimes an instant of action gets a bit harder to convey with less direct powers and the speech just gets over-wrought.

Strong action scene with maximum creative freedom for writer and understated but dynamic presentation for the artist:

A lot of text and thought bubbles needed to describe Invisible Woman's tactic:

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By UltraBiel

@PhoenixoftheTides: I believe that a lot of times Storm needs to explain, almost always what exactly she is doing with her powers, since she is more than just shooting bolts. That being said I believe that the heavy speech kind of became a "trendmark" of the character, just like spiderman's "under preassure jokes." I agree that it may get boring if the writter overuse but today I can't see Storm without it. =/

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Blood1991

@PhoenixoftheTides: I like some of her Captain America like speeches where she has a strong message to convey, but yes lets keep the "Send limitless cold!" to a minimum.

@poisonfleur: I heard Dani was joining Misty and Val

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By poisonfleur

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

1. No speeches.

2. Have her confront other mutants or superhumans like Siena Blaze whose powers inflict wide scale environmental damage but who don't care about the long term effects. Use these enemies to explore Ororo's use of her powers in different environmental and strategic contexts to defeat them. They don't have to be related; it could be as simple as an Avengers squad asking for her help to take down an enemy in one situation and a depraved mutant wanting to destroy a country or nation with weather/elemental powers in another. Basically, enemies that can counter her powers requiring her to be more creative.

3. It would be nice to see her get into therapy or go into a period of introspection on her relationships or career. It would be nice if she decided to take her career to the next level like Ms./Capt. Marvel and meet with image consultants, meet with Jennifer Walters to discuss legal issues involved with her divorce/separation or even meet with Firestar and Justice, another couple dealing with separation issues, to commiserate. I'd really love for her to meet with Photon/Monica Rambeau - maybe Monica could be thinking of her own career and the two decide to form a duo.

4. I would like to see her be more relatable. This is debatable, since many of her fans seem to like the Mary Sue-type accomplishments, but it would be nice to see her in a real life context. For example, there was a fill in 'X-Men Classic' story where her shallow treatment of a homeless man lead him to follow her to the mansion where she had to choose between Wolverine and Colossus. Not the best written story, but they should explore how aloof she is to other heroes and how she is perceived by them. I'd really like to see a focus on a realistic reaction from her that is not idealized or gaudy. Does she want to have children? Does she ever think of retirement? Does she like being put in the position of leader, any more?

5. If this hasn't already been done, I think it would be a good story focus for her to pursue the X-Men who are 'loose ends' - maybe she tries to save Dazzler and Sage from the alternate reality they are trapped in.

6. No Shadow King.

I Love everything you said-- with the exception of #1 & #6. I feel there is a time and place for her speeches and some of them are pretty good on Storm. I also feel a more calculating Storm would be nice too. As for 6, Shadow King is one of Storm's enemies-- It wouldn't feel right if he didn't make an appearance. Although I want to see things that work-- if speeches or shadow king don't serve a good story for Storm-- by all means, don't put them in. I have a feeling her solo could really work given the right creative freedoms.

@Blood1991: Oh Yay! Good. This story is going to rock-- but then again Misty Knight is always a good read. Dani and Valk are bonus points.

@UltraBiel: I hear you. Between Rogue, She-hulk, and Elektra---- I don't know who has fallen farther from grace compared to their 80s/90s counterparts. Those girls used to be spunky and dazzling. Now they are a bit ridged. Although I loved how She-hulk came to life in Mvc3. And Elektra will ALWAYS be a badass. Rogue-- somewhere in there is the amazing girl from X-men TAS-- You know-- the wild girl we all fee in love with? :D

@THUNDERBOLT30: We shall see--- There is a lot a fresh new things coming along. ( I don't know how to make a spoiler box, so I will keep this brief.) I just feel that-- due to all the events going on around Storm. NOW!! (no pun intended is a perfect time for Storm to start a solo-- while the drama is still fresh-- let her figure her issues out on her own in her own book.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Blood1991 said:

@PhoenixoftheTides: I like some of her Captain America like speeches where she has a strong message to convey, but yes lets keep the "Send limitless cold!" to a minimum.

@poisonfleur: I heard Dani was joining Misty and Val

Lol....could you imagine if they revamped Storm, bad-a$$ mohawk and all, and then give her TAS Storm speech dialogue o.O'?

@poisonfleur: Agreed. I would love if Marvel gives her the chance.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By poisonfleur

@THUNDERBOLT30: Lol I actually like the 'send limitless cold' line. And 'Begone!!!!!!!!!!!' lol And 'By the POWER OF GAIA! THE POWER OF THE WIND!!'

LOL

Although I still stand by xenogenesis Storm. She was sexy, edgy, and borderline aeon flux. She had a bit of Sage going on. And how that moment she had with Cyclops on the plane was MAGIC!! I wanna see that Storm! Let warren ellis write a little bit for her. Actually have 2 writers work a Storm Solo out! XD

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I would just love to see a series of panels where a villain is gloating about something, and the audience sees the sky behind him, and a spot slowly enlarges panel-by-panel to become Storm bringing up down sub zero temperatures from space. The flashfreeze hits, super freezing everyone and Storm just hovers to the ground and says, "Next." versus explaining her point of view to an ignorant bad guy who doesn't care about her beliefs, anyway.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By poisonfleur

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@poisonfleur: I would just love to see a series of panels where a villain is gloating about something, and the audience sees the sky behind him, and a spot slowly enlarges panel-by-panel to become Storm bringing up down sub zero temperatures from space. The flashfreeze hits, super freezing everyone and Storm just hovers to the ground and says, "Next." versus explaining her point of view to an ignorant bad guy who doesn't care about her beliefs, anyway.

That would also be fresh. Although you have to admit-- that speech she gave when battling Emma in in X-treme X-men really took a $#!+ on Emma's whole life. The one where she had her pinned up with the winds and the straw was hitting her.

Funny thing about line deliveries from Storm.. Fun Fact-- did you know-- That in X-men, the first movie, the toad being struck by lightning scene was supposed to be different.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@poisonfleur said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: Lol I actually like the 'send limitless cold' line. And 'Begone!!!!!!!!!!!' lol And 'By the POWER OF GAIA! THE POWER OF THE WIND!!'

LOL

Although I still stand by xenogenesis Storm. She was sexy, edgy, and borderline aeon flux. She had a bit of Sage going on. And how that moment she had with Cyclops on the plane was MAGIC!! I wanna see that Storm! Let warren ellis write a little bit for her. Actually have 2 writers work a Storm Solo out! XD

Agreed. We have some good Solo or together, Yost, Ellis, Pak, Wood and/or Kim (would include Claremont but that would probably never happen) could give us the right balance of character complexity, inventive use of her powers and varied skills, and compelling stories that would have her fans frothing at the mouth.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@poisonfleur said:

Funny thing about line deliveries from Storm.. Fun Fact-- did you know-- That in X-men, the first movie, the toad being struck by lightning scene was supposed to be different.

It should have been -__-...Singer made a huge mistake with that line. It practically defined X1.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By poisonfleur

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@poisonfleur said:

It should have been -__-...Singer made a huge mistake with that line. It practically defined X1.

Smh moments.. Apparently she was supposed to deliver that line after Toad was struck down. And she simply brushed it off as if she was nothing.

It really makes you wonder... apparently he is the 'best director for x-men'.... but you know he would have NEVER let Wolverine deliever a line that didn't seem right. Actually here is an idea.. Why doesn't singer just direct Wolverine movies?? He doesn't really do justice to the rest of the cast aside from Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier and Mystique...

We need a director that brings out the best in ALL the cast *cough* including Storm *cough cough*

I am surprised they didn't name these movies-- Wolverine and the X-men.... smh... I still hate that title.. What a slap in the face to all the other x-men...

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Storm Calling

Excellent thread with some really good ideas and discussions(though there were a few exceptions *eying those with malicious intent*)

I think a Storm solo would be a great idea, but it being a good selling product is another thing entirely. There were strong points brought up earlier as to why that is and I don't find myself agreeing that these have been excuses from Marvel, but more of a reason as to why it hasn't happened. Being a black & female superhero, who's mini series haven't even sold very well on the market really doesn't speak well for how long they could keep it up. If they do go about giving her her own series, then I would assume that they would make several changes to increase the sale potential of the series. Alot of the ideas presented here could very well work to make the series a successful run.

1. No Shadow King or Morlocks or young days in Cairo. These have been beaten to death in all of her solo stories and they just don't seem all that appealing to the masses. I'd venture forth with a different approach. I loved the ideas many of the previous posters presented about her being a world figure that helps out the superhero community in specialized task that relate to her unique powers or many of the people she knows through S.H.I.E.D., the Avengers, the Fantastic Four or the X-men.

2. Make it guest-star heavy. It's simply the only way the book will have any sale options(at least for most of the early issues). Considering the previous ideas and approach others have made in the thread, this could work well to make the series successful.

3. Delve into Storm's magical ancestry. This could lead to many new allies, stories, and villains for her series and expand her reach on the mystic side of the MU. She could be one of the only characters to be well integrated into all of Marvel's big family books. Which could work to make her more pivotal in the big events.

4. Make Storm diverse. She doesn't always have to the be the nurturing mother or goddess. There is also the edgy, badass-leader that is well versed in h2h and weapons. Give her reasons to cross the lines and push her to make some serious and questionable decisions. She is a type of character that can be very unpredictable, so that could work to improve her appeal if they give it a little more focus.

I think Storm is a popular enough super heroine and should have enough potential to create a unique environment and stories that can be told in a completely different light and perspective.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

I'm not surprised; that piece of dialogue fell flat. Do you know how it was originally supposed to proceed?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@poisonfleur said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@poisonfleur said:

Smh moments.. Apparently she was supposed to deliver that line after Toad was struck down. And she simply brushed it off as if she was nothing.

It really makes you wonder... apparently he is the 'best director for x-men'.... but you know he would have NEVER let Wolverine deliever a line that didn't seem right. Actually here is an idea.. Why doesn't singer just direct Wolverine movies?? He doesn't really do justice to the rest of the cast aside from Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier and Mystique...

We need a director that brings out the best in ALL the cast *cough* including Storm *cough cough*

I am surprised they didn't name these movies-- Wolverine and the X-men.... smh... I still hate that title.. What a slap in the face to all the other x-men...

Lol on the bold...we are probably headed for that.

And agreed. I don't think Bryan Singer is the best director for X-Men. Looking back at his work....he just did OK. I'll take what I can get if it means we can have Storm back on the big screen (words I hopefully won't later regreat :-P) but if we could, I would rather have Whedon or Favreau direct it.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling said:

Excellent thread with some really good ideas and discussions(though there were a few exceptions *eying those with malicious intent*)

I think a Storm solo would be a great idea, but it being a good selling product is another thing entirely. There were strong points brought up earlier as to why that is and I don't find myself agreeing that these have been excuses from Marvel, but more of a reason as to why it hasn't happened. Being a black & female superhero, who's mini series haven't even sold very well on the market really doesn't speak well for how long they could keep it up. If they do go about giving her her own series, then I would assume that they would make several changes to increase the sale potential of the series. Alot of the ideas presented here could very well work to make the series a successful run.

1. No Shadow King or Morlocks or young days in Cairo. These have been beaten to death in all of her solo stories and they just don't seem all that appealing to the masses. I'd venture forth with a different approach. I loved the ideas many of the previous posters presented about her being a world figure that helps out the superhero community in specialized task that relate to her unique powers or many of the people she knows through S.H.I.E.D., the Avengers, the Fantastic Four or the X-men.

2. Make it guest-star heavy. It's simply the only way the book will have any sale options(at least for most of the early issues). Considering the previous ideas and approach others have made in the thread, this could work well to make the series successful.

3. Delve into Storm's magical ancestry. This could lead to many new allies, stories, and villains for her series and expand her reach on the mystic side of the MU. She could be one of the only characters to be well integrated into all of Marvel's big family books. Which could work to make her more pivotal in the big events.

4. Make Storm diverse. She doesn't always have to the be the nurturing mother or goddess. There is also the edgy, badass-leader that is well versed in h2h and weapons. Give her reasons to cross the lines and push her to make some serious and questionable decisions. She is a type of character that can be very unpredictable, so that could work to improve her appeal if they give it a little more focus.

I think Storm is a popular enough super heroine and should have enough potential to create a unique environment and stories that can be told in a completely different light and perspective.

I like all of these ,especially #1 and #2. Exploring and establishing connections for Storm outisde of the X-Men and having regular popular guest stars (i.e. - Wolverine, a Capt. America team-up or something, other A-List females, etc.) could help build her a good solo for her. Most importantly we need a strong dedicated writer.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By poisonfleur

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@poisonfleur said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@poisonfleur said:

Lol on the bold...we are probably headed for that.

And agreed. I don't think Bryan Singer is the best director for X-Men. Looking back at his work....he just did OK. I'll take what I can get if it means we can have Storm back on the big screen (words I hopefully won't later regreat :-P) but if we could, I would rather have Whedon or Favreau direct it.

Yes. She was supposed to say 'Do you know what happens to a toad when it is struck by lightning.' Then the sky opens up and toad his struck by lightning and falls to his death and then then Storm shrugs 'The same thing that happens to everything else.'

It was supposed to be badass one liner-- but since Bryan Singer hates Storm-- lol-- He didn't execute the scene right.

I agree with T-bolt, the best we can hope for is Halle and Singer doing their homework and really trying to do Storm justice. If her portrayal in DOFP is a mediocre, it's going to take toll on Storm's character when it comes to TV shows, video games, etc... Ever since Halle's portrayal of her on the big screen, Storm hasn't been the same. With the Avengers being as big as it is, let's hope the next x-film steps it up for ALL THE CHARACTERS-- and not just Wolverine.. sick of him...

@Storm Calling: Interesting. I like how you said her story could have unique environments. I think it would be neat to have guest characters.. Although I don't think her solo should be dependent on it. Storm is so multilayered and complex-- that I feel she can create her own lane and doesn't necessarily need others in her solo. Leave that to X-men books, imo.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Storm Calling

@poisonfleur: I think it should be if we wanted it to be successful. It doesn't have to always be like that, just long enough for the character to hold her own and get a sustainable amount of readers to fend for herself. The character is indeed multilayered and complex, but they would have to let enough readers see that in order for her to be able to keep it going on her own. There would have to be alot of support from other popular characters, that can actually sell books, before it would even be possible for a black female comic book character to keep an audience. Otherwise we'll only be getting a 12 issue series.

@THUNDERBOLT30: A strong dedicated writer should have been the first point. Can't really sell a book if the writing is consistently bad...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By poisonfleur

Instead of a Storm solo, would us Storm fans settle for a book called 'Storm and the X-men'.

We all know when the X-men split, Wolverine totally stole Ororo's spotlight. Not only did she have the funds to open a new school, it all seemed more true to her character than it would Wolverine. (and when Wolverine is the voice of reason over Ororo, we all know that the writers are just trying to make Wolverine look better.)

There are also some people that think Storm would fit's in better with the x-men, than she would a solo. So to keep everyone happy, I ask: Would it be a good idea to have a book called 'Storm and the X-men' where it mixes elements of a Storm solo with the supporting x-men character? Also gives a solid book where Storm is our eyes, ears, and moral compass.

What do you think?

Still siding with a Storm solo?

Settle with 'Storm and the X-men'?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By poisonfleur

Well apparently there is a petition on twitter.

Sign it if you are in favor of a Storm solo.

http://twitition.com/9r2dl

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#134  Edited By Roddy010

@Storm Calling: Agreed with a lot of what you said. Especially the part about Shadow King and the Morlocks. I always feel writers tie her down to those same stories/villains each time she gets her time to shine. I would love to see a brand new villain for Storm to face. Someone to bring out that h2h prowess and at the same time can counter Storm's powers. I want a true rival.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#135  Edited By jhazzroucher

I want a Storm vs Magneto fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.