What we want to see in a Storm ongoing solo

• 135 results
#1 Edited by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

So there was video on comicvine telling why some x-men don't have solo/ongoing comics. And let's face it, tons of us want to see Storm have her own comic series (aside from the last 3 miniseries she had.)

Many would argue they would rather see her in X-books than in a solo. Which they are entitled to their own opinion, but giving Storm a solo ongoing wouldn't remove her from the x-men comics. So that argument is a bit invalid.

So since Storm has tons of ties to the X-men, it would be difficult to separate her into her own solo considering her priorities and main concerns lie with the X-men. For her own solo, she would need a purpose, goal, and fresh new ideas. There are many Storm fans on comicvine. Let's hear what you want to see:

1) Plot/ Issues addressed

2) Settings

3) Characters

4) Original ideas

5) What do you want to see from Storm? New weather attacks? her amazing combat? A new side of her? A new look? A new lover? Old wounds reopened?

#2 Edited by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Mystical arts must be explored- Ashake must be the one to teach Storm. Maybe this could amplify Storm's powers as they did for Scarlet witch. Also with the theme of mystical-- Storm must return to the Astral Plane where she could end up seeing her mother again, Kurt, Jean, Xavier, and inevitably The Shadow King.

2) I want Wakanda to be the villain as she is now their fugitive Ex-Queen. Other villains could be vampires. It's always awesome when Storm fights vampires.

3) Cameos in Storm's solo should be: Sue, Black Panther, Forge, Oya, Ashake, Arkon, Calisto, Gentle, Yukio, Storm's family and a few others who have appeared in Storm specific stories.

4) I believe her ongoing should feature new and creative ways to use her powers. I liked how in the past she has: Stopped bullets with wind, The 'power of gaia' attack in Mvc3, the hurricane in a room attack in ghost box. Maybe we can see some more original attacks for her in her solo.

5) In her solo story, I want to see less use of lightning. I am kinda sick of the generic use of that. There is wayy more to her than just that.

6) I want to see Storm use her skills. Fighting, lock picking, stealing, brains and diplomacy.

7) Storm must have a new villain. Batman has the Joker, Storm needs a joker. A villain that totally can be opposite of Storm and shake her in ways most villains can't. I want this villain to bring out a new side to her. With new mutants being activated, this should be possible.

8) In Storm's solo I want to see an impact. A difference made in the end. A story where the ends justify the means. Storm can't have a story where she just generically saves the day. I want consequences.

9) Storm now has a mohawk-- I think that imagery would be perfect for her solo, it's so unexpected. And visually, it's magnetic and edgy. The covers would be great. It hasn't been done before in any of Storm's solo Stories.

10) Please, Please, Please-- give Ororo some badass and strong dialogue. The dialogue could make or break her solo. Find a writer that can give her some thunder and lightning. lol

11) I don't know if the writers forgot, but Storm has a weakness. It's claustrophobia. Let's make use of it instead of just generically getting knocked out or something.

12) Storm's Solo has to shine next to Wonder Woman and Catwoman's. This can't be half-@$$ed. It really has to be done right and given a real chance to shine. There is a chance it won't sell right away, but her name needs to be kept on the shelf and broken into for a while till in gets rolling. (But seriously, Storm has a ton of fans, I can't imagine her own comic not selling like hot cakes. lol)

#3 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

You are a busy bee in this forum Mr. Fleur.

Storm has a rich enough history to make a solo series, but so much of it is tied with the X-Men and Black Panther that making it her own is the biggest issue as far as villains/plot go.

Next is her powers. Storm is a ranged powerhouse where most solo heroes are tanks with blasters, or street level heroes that go from roof top to roof top. A writer would need to spice up her villains and situations to make seeing her in action more then simple lighting blast beats the bad guy. Which doing over a long term would be difficult.

Cast is easy. Yukio, Callisto, Invisible Woman, etc She has plenty of allies and more can be made. Though Yukio should be her Kate Bishop.

Do I think it is possible? Yes. Do I think it will happen? Not unless a writer really has a brilliant idea for a long term series. Will it work? I'd like to think so, but Marvel can't keep a female solo going to save their asses or any X-Man besides Wolverine, so I am beyond skeptical.

#4 Edited by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the reason we don't see her claustrophobia is because she got over it? Can someone confirm/deny?

As for the rest of the topic...

1.) I'm not totally sure. I don't really have any suggestions at the moment.

2.) Whackanda could be interesting. I think variety is key though. To show off the many facets of Storm... she needs to be in different environments. If we want to see her let loose and unleash holy hell on an enemy then she needs to be in a reclusive area where there is no risk for human casualty. If we want to see her utilizing her thieving skills she should be in a more urban setting. So on and so forth. I'd also like to see her in non-Earth like environments. Remember how it was a big deal when we all realized that she could still use her powers outside of an atmosphere while in space? What would happen in places where typical Earth-like weather doesn't exist? Where she made it rain mercury instead of water? What would happen if she was in a demonic realm where the same rules to weather don't apply? Could she make it rain fire and brimstone? Could a gust of wind accelerated to hurricane speeds ignite into a fire-y vortex? Let's get imaginative!

3.) I'd like to see her team up with unlikely people. Magneto, X-23, Doctor Strange, Daredevil, hell maybe even someone like Deadpool. Ideally, I would like characters who put her outside of her normal comfort zone. Characters who challenge her to have to deal with situations in ways that she wouldn't normally do. The thing to remember is that if she is teamed up with somebody, it needs to be different. If they are characters she's normally paired up with then why bother reading her comic when you can see those interactions in the X-men books? Maybe she needs to team up with some villains or something.

4.) I can't think of any at the moment.

5.) I'd like to see her powers further explored. There are many creative things she could be doing that she isn't. I'd like to see her really put into some emotionally challenging situations. We all know she's a badass with lightning, we know she's the regal Goddess... it's time to see her as a flawed human being. I mean look at her separation with T'Challa... not a single tear shed. Unless there was one in the versus mini-series where she fights Black Panther because I didn't read that. My point is though, that Storm is a human. She needs to make mistakes and have to learn from them. And some of her mistakes will need to be bigger than others. Maybe that could be a plot for the comic... Storm makes a mistake and tries to correct the situation. Maybe her villain could be a new mutant who tries to put her in difficult situations where she has to question her morals. Like for example, Storm had used her powers to make a localized hurricane in adjectiveless X-men which she believed wouldn't cause anybody any real harm but in fact that hurricane caused a power outage at the hospital where the new villainous mutant's family member was under intensive treatment and they died. So Storm feels guilty about it so she doesn't want to harm the villain but her attempts to make things right only end up making things worse as the new villain tries to get revenge. Finally, I would also like to see her explore her mystical talents. It's been implied several times that she has some magic potential but she's never utilized it.

#5 Posted by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

1) Mystical arts must be explored- Ashake must be the one to teach Storm. Maybe this could amplify Storm's powers as they did for Scarlet witch. Also with the theme of mystical-- Storm must return to the Astral Plane where she could end up seeing her mother again, Kurt, Jean, Xavier, and inevitably The Shadow King.

2) I want Wakanda to be the villain as she is now their fugitive Ex-Queen. Other villains could be vampires. It's always awesome when Storm fights vampires.

3) Cameos in Storm's solo should be: Sue, Black Panther, Forge, Oya, Ashake, Arkon, Calisto, Gentle, Yukio, Storm's family and a few others who have appeared in Storm specific stories.

4) I believe her ongoing should feature new and creative ways to use her powers. I liked how in the past she has: Stopped bullets with wind, The 'power of gaia' attack in Mvc3, the hurricane in a room attack in ghost box. Maybe we can see some more original attacks for her in her solo.

5) In her solo story, I want to see less use of lightning. I am kinda sick of the generic use of that. There is wayy more to her than just that.

6) I want to see Storm use her skills. Fighting, lock picking, stealing, brains and diplomacy.

7) Storm must have a new villain. Batman has the Joker, Storm needs a joker. A villain that totally can be opposite of Storm and shake her in ways most villains can't. I want this villain to bring out a new side to her. With new mutants being activated, this should be possible.

8) In Storm's solo I want to see an impact. A difference made in the end. A story where the ends justify the means. Storm can't have a story where she just generically saves the day. I want consequences.

9) Storm now has a mohawk-- I think that imagery would be perfect for her solo, it's so unexpected. And visually, it's magnetic and edgy. The covers would be great. It hasn't been done before in any of Storm's solo Stories.

10) Please, Please, Please-- give Ororo some badass and strong dialogue. The dialogue could make or break her solo. Find a writer that can give her some thunder and lightning. lol

11) I don't know if the writers forgot, but Storm has a weakness. It's claustrophobia. Let's make use of it instead of just generically getting knocked out or something.

12) Storm's Solo has to shine next to Wonder Woman and Catwoman's. This can't be half-@$$ed. It really has to be done right and given a real chance to shine. There is a chance it won't sell right away, but her name needs to be kept on the shelf and broken into for a while till in gets rolling. (But seriously, Storm has a ton of fans, I can't imagine her own comic not selling like hot cakes. lol)

I concur with everything that you said!!! Any excuse Marvel has to writing a Solo for Storm is simply an excuse. I especially agree with your point about her needing a new villian; the whole Shadow King thing is kinda played out. Also I would love to see an exploration with her powers as well. I would love to see her show more fine control of the elements similar to how Aang and Katara from the Last Airbender would use their powers in defensive and offensive means, and even apply this with her use of her over used power, lightning.

#6 Posted by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@ItsDaveyJ said:

I thought the reason we don't see her claustrophobia is because she got over it? Can someone confirm/deny?

Here she explains to Masque about being in small spaces ie box:

#7 Edited by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@butterflykyss said:

I concur with everything that you said!!! Any excuse Marvel has to writing a Solo for Storm is simply an excuse.

This isn't true. There are several possible reasons, Storm has never had an ongoing. She's a fairly popular character not only as a female but as a black female character yet characters like Gambit,Rogue,Dazzler etc. have had ongoings..I don't think Marvel isn't doing this because they simply don't want to. They aren't going to pass on making money, if they could with Storm.

@butterflykyss said:

I especially agree with your point about her needing a new villian; the whole Shadow King thing is kinda played out. 

Well she's not a solo hero so, yea she would need new villains if she became a solo hero but Shadow King has been her most notable adversary because she's been on a team for most of the time she's existed. 

@butterflykyss said:

I would love to see her show more fine control of the elements similar to how Aang and Katara from the Last Airbender would use their powers in defensive and offensive means, and even apply this with her use of her over used power, lightning.

That would only make it harder to create valid villains for her. Storm can do so much it's probably hard to fathom a comic where she'd have villains that can actually compete with her. If Storm got her own book, Marvel would need to create tons of new adversaries for her..or depower her. Otherwise they'd have nothing to write. Marvel doesn't make that many new villains. You get a few new villains in every era and that's about it. Marvel would have to do far more for Storm then they are doing for any other characters. Other characters probably got an ongoing over her because they can just use other characters villains for them to take on. Gambit for instance is a street level, vigilante type so he can fight Daredevil,Spider-Man,Moon Knight,Punisher etc. villains and they'd be a match for him. I know comics aren't all about match-ups but that's something to consider.
#8 Posted by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@poisonfleur said:

Many would argue they would rather see her in X-books than in a solo. Which they are entitled to their own opinion, but giving Storm a solo ongoing wouldn't remove her from the x-men comics. So that argument is a bit invalid.

Actually this argument is invalid considering that mostly every hero that has an ongoing is on a team.
#9 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage said:

@butterflykyss said:

I would love to see her show more fine control of the elements similar to how Aang and Katara from the Last Airbender would use their powers in defensive and offensive means, and even apply this with her use of her over used power, lightning.

That would only make it harder to create valid villains for her. Storm can do so much it's probably hard to fathom a comic where she'd have villains that can actually compete with her. If Storm got her own book, Marvel would need to create tons of new adversaries for her..or depower her. Otherwise they'd have nothing to write. Marvel doesn't make that many new villains. You get a few new villains in every era and that's about it. Marvel would have to do far more for Storm then they are doing for any other characters. Other characters probably got an ongoing over her because they can just use other characters villains for them to take on. Gambit for instance is a street level, vigilante type so he can fight Daredevil,Spider-Man,Moon Knight,Punisher etc. villains and they'd be a match for him. I know comics aren't all about match-ups but that's something to consider.

I feel that since new mutants are being brought into the world now that it's a perfect time to introduce new villains. And keep in mind, these villains don't have to be like Dr. Doom where everyone hates him. It could just be a conflict between said character and Storm. If they try to have her tap into mystical stuff then she could gain enemies in the demonic realms as well. To be honest, I think that for Storm one of the best villains would be someone who she can't fight. Someone who's there not to see who can beat the other up but to make her question herself and to present moral and ethical dilemmas. It could make for a very mature and philosophical book. I'm sort of thinking of Kreia from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 when I am describing this. This character could be anyone... a regular human, a student, etc. Storm has always presented herself as a very moral person who tries to uphold her ideals... it would be interesting to see those ideals put to the test.

#10 Posted by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage said:

This isn't true. There are several possible reasons, Storm has never had an ongoing. She's a fairly popular character not only as a female but as a black female character yet characters like Gambit,Rogue,Dazzler etc. have had ongoings..I don't think Marvel isn't doing this because they simply don't want to. They aren't going to pass on making money, if they could with Storm.

You have spoken to my point. You would think seeing that during her peak in the 90s, at least, Marvel would have cashed in on Storm by writing an On-going for her. She was pinned against Wonder Woman in the Marvel/.DC cross-over and fans voted for Storm over-whelmingly, but even with this she was never given an on-going. Yet you have a character like Gambit who has never been as popular as Storm get a the green light for an on-going. So my point stands true, Marvel hasn't written an on-going for her is simply an excuse. If there was a big enough interest in doing so at Marvel they would have done so by now; if one can be written for Gambit, one surely could and should be written for Storm.

@NazarethSavage said:

Well she's not a solo hero so, yea she would need new villains if she became a solo hero but Shadow King has been her most notable adversary because she's been on a team for most of the time she's existed.

Yes this is true; however, SK had an influential presence in Storm's life outside of her ties to the X-men which is why he is one of her most notable adversaries.

@NazarethSavage said:

If they can create villians for characters like Thor, Silver Surfer, it shouldn't be hard to create characters that can be written in a fashion that would compliment Storm's full range of powers and the respective use of them. Again, this simply boils down to a lack of creativity and/or interest in a character, which boils down to it being excuses, IMHO. :)

#11 Posted by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Lol- Just trying to get the point across to Marvel if they are reading this. ;3

I also believe that the fact that she isn't a typical type of hero like any other solo avenger will challenge writers and ways of writing typical characters. I also believe she could break the typical comic hero model. Different powers such as her would create different stories. But that is going to really be a challenge. I believe it can be done, because her character and powers can be applied in so many ways.

@ItsDaveyJ: Great feedback- It's great to have Storm challenged by other heroes she wouldn't usually pair up with, but let's not let her solo story get to X-men heavy. That would defeat the purpose of having a solo in the first place. For example- I loved the story in the ultimate universe where her and the shadow king where a couple. Could you imagine if that happened in 616 and how that would possibly change or corrupt Ororo? Place the Shadow king in a hot guy body and have him grow closer and closer to Storm, have Yukio be her homegurl, and Cal in there for tension and that would be be a totally awesome dream cast! Have Ashake be there for magical training. And you have many different levels which would be very interesting and take Ororo to many new places!! Take us to Marvel!! Let us write this!! lol

@NazarethSavage: I hear you. You have some valid points. I didn't say it would be easy. Starting a solo never is. But I believe it would be worth in the long hall.

#12 Posted by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@ItsDaveyJ said:

I feel that since new mutants are being brought into the world now that it's a perfect time to introduce new villains. And keep in mind, these villains don't have to be like Dr. Doom where everyone hates him. It could just be a conflict between said character and Storm. If they try to have her tap into mystical stuff then she could gain enemies in the demonic realms as well. To be honest, I think that for Storm one of the best villains would be someone who she can't fight. Someone who's there not to see who can beat the other up but to make her question herself and to present moral and ethical dilemmas. It could make for a very mature and philosophical book. I'm sort of thinking of Kreia from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 when I am describing this. This character could be anyone... a regular human, a student, etc. Storm has always presented herself as a very moral person who tries to uphold her ideals... it would be interesting to see those ideals put to the test.

Marvel is introducing new villains but they can't do it at a rate that would benefit a Storm comic. When a company creates an ongoing they are trying to keep it going as long as possible. You really think Storm could hold a book for 100+ issues? I don't think Marvel has ever employed anyone talented enough to make that work.
#13 Edited by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@poisonfleur said:

@NazarethSavage: I hear you. You have some valid points. I didn't say it would be easy. Starting a solo never is. But I believe it would be worth in the long hall.

It's alot easier when the character doesn't control something as vast in range as the weather.  

@butterflykyss said:

You have spoken to my point. You would think seeing that during her peak in the 90s, at least, Marvel would have cashed in on Storm by writing an On-going for her. She was pinned against Wonder Woman in the Marvel/.DC cross-over and fans voted for Storm over-whelmingly, but even with this she was never given an on-going. Yet you have a character like Gambit who has never been as popular as Storm get a the green light for an on-going. So my point stands true, Marvel hasn't written an on-going for her is simply an excuse. If there was a big enough interest in doing so at Marvel they would have done so by now; if one can be written for Gambit, one surely could and should be written for Storm.

I don't know how i've spoken to your point, but I don't think you're considering the motive. Your argument doesn't make any sense. If Marvel thought they could pull off a Storm ongoing and they had the ability to do it, why wouldn't they? There's no excuses involved in business. A company that seems more interested in making money than the product itself isn't going to pass on making a Storm ongoing if they think it will benefit them. Gambit isn't as popular as Storm which proves my point. They gave him an ongoing instead of her because he has a better chance of success. Your argument would be like Nike signing Lebron James to be their spokesman and then not using his image to sell any merchandise. That doesn't make sense. Marvel is a business first and a publisher of comics second. 

@butterflykyss said:

Yes this is true; however, SK had an influential presence in Storm's life outside of her ties to the X-men which is why he is one of her most notable adversaries.

I don't know why you felt the need to tell me this. ..

@butterflykyss said:

If they can create villians for characters like Thor, Silver Surfer, it shouldn't be hard to create characters that can be written in a fashion that would compliment Storm's full range of powers and the respective use of them. Again, this simply boils down to a lack of creativity and/or interest in a character, which boils down to it being excuses, IMHO. :)

They aren't her and she isn't them. She creates issues for writing that they don't. Also Silver Surfer doesn't actually have any villains, I don't even think he's considered a superhero. Lack of creativity isn't an excuse, it's a reality.  It's also not something that comes easy which is why TV shows that need fresh ideas every week has several writers and why comics switch between writers every so often because some writers\creators get burned out and run out of material and ideas. That's simply the reality of any creative field. There's no excuse here.
#14 Edited by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: Hey!! Butterflykyss! It's been a long time!! You were my first friend on cv. Nice points you brought up. I hope you have been well.

@NazarethSavage: Good points, and in order to make her solo work, work is going to have to be done to get around that that obstacle. I think it can be done. We both are entitled to our opinions. When a character has enough appeal, demand, and fans, things can be worked out.

#15 Edited by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage said:

I don't know how i've spoken to your point, but I don't think you're considering the motive. Your argument doesn't make any sense. If Marvel thought they could pull off a Storm ongoing and they had the ability to do it, why wouldn't they? There's no excuses involved in business. A company that seems more interested in making money than the product itself isn't going to pass on making a Storm ongoing if they think it will benefit them. Gambit isn't as popular as Storm which proves my point. They gave him an ongoing instead of her because he has a better chance of success. Your argument would be like Nike signing Lebron James to be their spokesman and then not using his image to sell any merchandise. That doesn't make sense. Marvel is a business first and a publisher of comics second.

How does Marvel know one way or the other how well a character's on-going would do unless they actually created one and attempted to sale it? For years Ms. Marvel had an on-going and sales were mediocre, if that, but they continued to try and push it. They had proof through actual sale numbers that her book wasn't lucrative for them yet they continued to push it. If they were so interested in money or making as you say they would have cancelled her on-going years before they had done so. So again, its an excuse. "She is an african-american character and no-one will read her," "she is a supporting character and will only do well in team books," and etc., they are all excuses. Marvel is currently marketing a black/hispanic gay spiderman in Ultimate with no problems. I am pretty sure if they cared enough to they could find the means to make a Storm On-going a reality. I don't want to continue to belabor this point, it appears you disagree with me and thats fine. Your opinion, my opinion do not require to be the same.

@NazarethSavage said:

I don't know why you felt the need to tell me this. ..

I felt the need to tell you because your statement implied that Shadow King was her adversary as a by-product to her being on a team, the X-men. That is not the truth, so hence my need to provide clarification.

@NazarethSavage said:

They aren't her and she isn't them. She creates issues for writing that they don't. Also Silver Surfer doesn't actually have any villains, I don't even think he's considered a superhero. Lack of creativity isn't an excuse, it's a reality. It's also not something that comes easy which is why TV shows that need fresh ideas every week has several writers and why comics switch between writers every so often because some writers\creators get burned out and run out of material and ideas. That's simply the reality of any creative field. There's no excuse here.

Again, excuses. What is so unique and special about Storm that makes her so hard to write, when characters like Wonder Woman, Superman and even Ms. Marvel had on-goings? They aren't her and she isn't them is a flawed statement and another excuse. They all are fictional characters, which come to life by way of artist and creative writers. I'm not saying it would be easy to write an on-going for me obviously, but these creative writers get paid to do that; I would expect that it would be less of a hassle for them in that regard. When you have CV users like poisionfleur, who I assume doesn't work for Marvel, come up with concepts for an on-going that are really good, how do you expect for me to think someone who is professionally paid to do this couldn't fathom similar if not better ideas? The reality, plan and simple, is that Marvel does not care to do a Storm on-going. And the reason to why they don't all boil down to excuses. If they can push Ms. Marvel, Gambit, and Black Panther with on-goings, they most certainly could for Storm, because Storm is immensely more popular than either of the aforementioned characters.

#16 Posted by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@butterflykyss: Hey!! Butterflykyss! It's been a long time!! You were my first friend on cv. Nice points you brought up. I hope you have been well.

HEY POISON!!! It has been a long long time!!!! Awwwwwww you are sooooo sweet I didn't realize I was your first friend on here friend!!!! Thanks for all the points you made, you should be on Marvel's creative team :)

#17 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

No more X-books.

#18 Posted by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@butterflykyss said:

How does Marvel know one way or the other how well a character's on-going would do unless they actually created one and attempted to sale it? For years Ms. Marvel had an on-going and sales were mediocre, if that, but they continued to try and push it. They had proof through actual sale numbers that her book wasn't lucrative for them yet they continued to push it. If they were so interested in money or making as you say they would have cancelled her on-going years before they had done so. So again, its an excuse. "She is an african-american character and no-one will read her," "she is a supporting character and will only do well in team books," and etc., they are all excuses. Marvel is currently marketing a black/hispanic gay spiderman in Ultimate with no problems. I am pretty sure if they cared enough to they could find the means to make a Storm On-going a reality. I don't want to continue to belabor this point, it appears you disagree with me and thats fine. Your opinion, my opinion do not require to be the same.

This is how every entertainment field works. They look at what people generally react to and then they make decisions based on that. Why do you think most female superheroes are named after an already popular male character? DC started that trend with Supergirl,Batgirl etc. and those books are doing very well for them. Ms.Marvel got a shot that Storm didn't because Marvel believes she has a better chance of selling than Storm does. Storm's race and status as a character aren't "excuses" why Marvel isn't giving her an ongoing, they are overwhelming facts. Most black heroes don't sell and most supporting cast characters can't hold ongoings either. 

Miles Morales is black and hispanic but he's not gay. He also has a huge marketing advantage that Storm doesn't have. He took the mantle of Spider-Man, whom is Marvel's flagship and most popular character. You can't compare them.  

@butterflykyss said:

I felt the need to tell you because your statement implied that Shadow King was her adversary as a by-product to her being on a team, the X-men. That is not the truth, so hence my need to provide clarification.

That's not what I was implying, that's why I don't get it.

@butterflykyss said:

Again, excuses. What is so unique and special about Storm that makes her so hard to write, when characters like Wonder Woman, Superman and even Ms. Marvel had on-goings? They aren't her and she isn't them is a flawed statement and another excuse. They all are fictional characters, which come to life by way of artist and creative writers. I'm not saying it would be easy to write an on-going for me obviously, but these creative writers get paid to do that; I would expect that it would be less of a hassle for them in that regard. When you have CV users like poisionfleur, who I assume doesn't work for Marvel, come up with concepts for an on-going that are really good, how do you expect for me to think someone who is professionally paid to do this couldn't fathom similar if not better ideas? The reality, plan and simple, is that Marvel does not care to do a Storm on-going. And the reason to why they don't all boil down to excuses. If they can push Ms. Marvel, Gambit, and Black Panther with on-goings, they most certainly could for Storm, because Storm is immensely more popular than either of the aforementioned characters.

Excuses are for people who have someone to answer to. Marvel doesn't have to answer to their fans for not making an ongoing. So this is why I asked earlier, "what is their motive". What reason do they have to give an excuse? Your comparisons between characters don't make any sense because they all have their own niches that make them easier to write and sell to people..things Storm doesn't have.
#19 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Storm will ever have an ongoing. Too bad, she has great potential...

#20 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14973 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

No more X-books.

Amen

#21 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spider-man is gay???

#22 Edited by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage said:

This is how every entertainment field works. They look at what people generally react to and then they make decisions based on that. Why do you think most female superheroes are named after an already popular male character? DC started that trend with Supergirl,Batgirl etc. and those books are doing very well for them. Ms.Marvel got a shot that Storm didn't because Marvel believes she has a better chance of selling than Storm does. Storm's race and status as a character aren't "excuses" why Marvel isn't giving her an ongoing, they are overwhelming facts. Most black heroes don't sell and most supporting cast characters can't hold ongoings either.

Correct they look at what they think they could sale and in the case of Ms. Marvel they were wrong. Completely wrong. However, one of their most popular characters like Storm doesn't even a shot at it? I agree with you that most black heroes don't sell well but the operative word here is "most." Doesn't mean if Marvel didn't put that energy, time, and money behind a Storm on-going that it would not do well. So again I re-iterate that if Ms. Marvel (who didn't sell and is White Woman) and Black Panther (who didn't sell and is Black Male) can be given a on-going, surely Storm could. But they don't because of all of these excuses/points that people will come up with to justify not attempting to do so.

@NazarethSavage said:

Miles Morales is black and hispanic but he's not gay. He also has a huge marketing advantage that Storm doesn't have. He took the mantle of Spider-Man, whom is Marvel's flagship and most popular character. You can't compare them.

The masses of people know Spiderman as young White male. Marketing him as a black and hispanic would be a risk and that was pretty evident considering some of the negative feedback surrounding changing his race and what not. This was clearly a move by Marvel to appeal to a more diverse reading group. So yeah you can compare them. They took a flagship and obliterated most peoples image of him, which could in fact impact their sales. It was a risk that they were willing to take because somewhere, somehow they cared enough to. Now with Storm, they already have a recognizable, iconic, and popular character who at her peak was able to outshine even Wonder Woman. If they are willing to take such as risk with a character like Spiderman, they could do so in regards to Storm if they cared to. So yeah one's apples, the other one is oranges, but they both are still fruit.

@NazarethSavage said:

That's not what I was implying, that's why I don't get it.

Ok. it came off that way to me but ok.

@NazarethSavage said:

Excuses are for people who have someone to answer to. Marvel doesn't have to answer to their fans for not making an ongoing. So this is why I asked earlier, "what is their motive". What reason do they have to give an excuse? Your comparisons between characters don't make any sense because they all have their own niches that make them easier to write and sell to people..things Storm doesn't have.

Hmmm.. Actually Marvel has and does have to answer to their fans because the fans are the people who keep Marvel in business. Several artists have come out and said that Storm can't or won't be getting an on-going at Marvel because of X, Y, and Z reasons. Their motive could simply be that do not care to do it, but of course they have to placate to the people who want it, the fans who are demanding that Storm be given the opportunity to swim or fail like Ms. Marvel, Gambit, and Black Panther have. As far as character comparisons, if there is something lacking or missing about Storm that would make giving her an on-going not happen, then its up to the creative team to create that something to make her more appealing. What I am saying, is that if these things can be done for Thor, Supes, WW, let's not cope out and try to excuse Storm not being able to have an on-going because of her powers, because figures who are a lot more powerful have been able to pull it off. And when they didn't, they get re-booted and new ideas are manifested from there.

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltraBiel said:

No.
#24 Posted by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltraBiel said:

Hey check this link out.. this is where the confusion came from ;)

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/20735.html

#25 Posted by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@butterflykyss said:

Correct they look at what they think they could sale and in the case of Ms. Marvel they were wrong. Completely wrong. However, one of their most popular characters like Storm doesn't even a shot at it? I agree with you that most black heroes don't sell well but the operative word here is "most." Doesn't mean if Marvel didn't put that energy, time, and money behind a Storm on-going that it would not do well. So again I re-iterate that if Ms. Marvel (who didn't sell and is White Woman) and Black Panther (who didn't sell and is Black Male) can be given a on-going, surely Storm could. But they don't because of all of these excuses/points that people will come up with to justify not attempting to do so.

The fact that the Ms.Marvel idea didn't work doesn't validate why they should give Storm a chance. In fact it further validates mine. DC has several white female superheroes that are doing very well. No,publisher had ever had a successful ongoing with a black female lead. So I would assume Marvel's thinking is.."if we can't sell a type of character that can sell, how can we sell one that nobody ever has?"  Also you're comparisons between Storm,Ms.Marvel,& Black Panther ignores their massive differences in importance. 

@butterflykyss said:

Hmmm.. Actually Marvel has and does have to answer to their fans because the fans are the people who keep Marvel in business. Several artists have come out and said that Storm can't or won't be getting an on-going at Marvel because of X, Y, and Z reasons. Their motive could simply be that do not care to do it, but of course they have to placate to the people who want it, the fans who are demanding that Storm be given the opportunity to swim or fail like Ms. Marvel, Gambit, and Black Panther have. As far as character comparisons, if there is something lacking or missing about Storm that would make giving her an on-going not happen, then its up to the creative team to create that something to make her more appealing. What I am saying, is that if these things can be done for Thor, Supes, WW, let's not cope out and try to excuse Storm not being able to have an on-going because of her powers, because figures who are a lot more powerful have been able to pull it off. And when they didn't, they get re-booted and new ideas are manifested from there.

They do in the sense that they need to keep the interest of those that buy their books, but when it comes to characters like Storm that aren't actively advancing their business, they can do whatever they want with them and don't really have to care how people feel about it..and they do this all the time. The proof is right her on Comicvine. How often do you see threads where people are complaining about something Marvel did with one of their favorite characters? Unless you are (Spider-Man,Hulk,Wolverine,Punisher,Daredevil,Iron Man,Thor,or Captain America) Marvel doesn't have to explain to you why they aren't doing more with the character.
#26 Posted by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

Btw this isn't necessarily about if she will get one or not, it's about what you want to see if she did get one and how to make it work and keep her fresh and interesting.

If Storm was to have a Solo, the Xenogensis approach would be the way I would want her to be portrayed.

@butterflykyss: We were just talking about you the other day before the Storm forums got deleted. You were gone for a while. :)

So what else do you want to see in a Storm solo? I know you have some more fresh ideas Marvel should hear. ;P

#27 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage: I don't believe a black female character has ever had a solo series, though Misty Knight was the central character in the last Heroes for Hire series which was great and underrated.

#28 Posted by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage said:

The fact that the Ms.Marvel idea didn't work doesn't validate why they should give Storm a chance. In fact it further validates mine. DC has several white female superheroes that are doing very well. No,publisher had ever had a successful ongoing with a black female lead. So I would assume Marvel's thinking is.."if we can't sell a type of character that can sell, how can we sell one that nobody ever has?" Also you're comparisons between Storm,Ms.Marvel,& Black Panther ignores their massive differences in importance.

Hmmm... well that is where you and I disagree. I think it should support why Marvel should give her a try. If Marvel is willing to give their remotely unpopular white female character an on-going when compared to their immensely more popular black female character, then of course it is Marvel prerogative to do so. But it would seem more practical from a business perspective to push a popular character who hasn't had an on-going, before promoting a black/white male/female unpopular character. But to your point, if Marvel is to model how they do business I would argue that they should never have a female solo on-going because they can't or haven't shown to be capable of sustaining one. DC is completely different from Marvel so DC being able to have several female solo on-goings do well does not mean Marvel will or has had that same luck. To the contrary they haven't, so if I am to use your logic, from the perspective of making money, they should never attempt to market a female on-going.

@NazarethSavage said:

They do in the sense that they need to keep the interest of those that buy their books, but when it comes to characters like Storm that aren't actively advancing their business, they can do whatever they want with them and don't really have to care how people feel about it..and they do this all the time. The proof is right her on Comicvine. How often do you see threads where people are complaining about something Marvel did with one of their favorite characters? Unless you are (Spider-Man,Hulk,Wolverine,Punisher,Daredevil,Iron Man,Thor,or Captain America) Marvel doesn't have to explain to you why they aren't doing more with the character.

If STorm wasn't actively advancing their business, which I don't believe you can disprove or prove that statement, they would just kill her off. IF that statement is true why do Marvel continue to put her in tons of merchandising, games, etc. Storm has much to advance Marvel as a business, which is why some would argue she is Marvel's leading heroine. And again, they don't have to answer to every moan and gripe that a fan makes, which I never said they did, but they do have to account for and listen to the people who read their books. For example, there was much backlash from the marriage of Storm to BP from both fans of the characters. Marvel ultimately annulled the marriage. So do I think Marvel has to answer to me personally, of course not nor would I ever claim so. However, to the masses of people who read them they owe them a listening ear if they continue to wish to make profit.

#29 Posted by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

@NazarethSavage: I don't believe a black female character has ever had a solo series, though Misty Knight was the central character in the last Heroes for Hire series which was great and underrated.

I know. I think most companies are afraid to try it. If Male characters dominate the market but Black Male characters don't sell, I'd assume that Marvel's logic is that a black female character wouldn't sell either. Marvel's female characters don't really sell. DC is really the only publisher who has that market cornered. There are publishers like Dynamite who have characters like Dejah Thoris,Vampirella,and Red Sonja that are doing pretty well but for the most part the most iconic and successful female characters come from DC. It's a stretch for Marvel to try and give a female character an ongoing in the first place so with Storm being black that's two strikes against her. 

@butterflykyss said: 

Hmmm... well that is where you and I disagree. I think it should support why Marvel should give her a try. If Marvel is willing to give their remotely unpopular white female character an on-going when compared to their immensely more popular black female character, then of course it is Marvel prerogative to do so. But it would seem more practical from a business perspective to push a popular character who hasn't had an on-going, before promoting a black/white male/female unpopular character. But to your point, if Marvel is to model how they do business I would argue that they should never have a female solo on-going because they can't or haven't shown to be capable of sustaining one. DC is completely different from Marvel so DC being able to have several female solo on-goings do well does not mean Marvel will or has had that same luck. To the contrary they haven't, so if I am to use your logic, from the perspective of making money, they should never attempt to market a female on-going.

That's actually not more practical. If you're looking at the market and you see that a certain type of character has nearly no chance of selling, why would you give a character of that type an ongoing? How is that a smart business move for Marvel? Marvel hasn't been successful with female ongoings but they aren't going to stop because that reaches out to a different and larger demographic that Marvel wants to capture.  And if they are going to do it they aren't going to go with an idea that nobody has ever pulled off even remotely.

@butterflykyss said:

If STorm wasn't actively advancing their business, which I don't believe you can disprove or prove that statement, they would just kill her off.

This isn't true. Far more than half the characters on their roster aren't actively advancing their business and they don't kill everyone off. The only characters that are, are characters with ongoings and products based specifically on them. (Films,Video Games,Television Shows etc). 

@butterflykyss said:

IF that statement is true why do Marvel continue to put her in tons of merchandising, games, etc. 

Well first of all you're exaggerating and second of all she's part of one of the most popular teams in comics so where ever you see X-Men, you see Storm. I'm not talking about cheap merchandise and cameos i'm talking about controlling the fate of the company. Storm doesn't have that level of control. If they did kill her off, nothing would be different..they'd still be making the same level of profit. 

@butterflykyss said:

For example, there was much backlash from the marriage of Storm to BP from both fans of the characters. Marvel ultimately annulled the marriage. So do I think Marvel has to answer to me personally, of course not nor would I ever claim so. However, to the masses of people who read them they owe them a listening ear if they continue to wish to make profit.

I think Marvel's decision to annul that marriage was more so because it made sense to end it for the advancement of Black Panther. Tom Brevoort (Marvel Editor) said that because of how Black Panther is structured it was hard to develop their relationship so I don't really think the fans had much to do with it. 
#30 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage: Plus she is an X-Man which also have a bad track record with solo's. I would love them to try it and it succeed, but I understand why they probably won't do it. Still if they are not careful DC will beat them to the punch.

#31 Posted by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

@NazarethSavage: Plus she is an X-Man which also have a bad track record with solo's. I would love them to try it and it succeed, but I understand why they probably won't do it. Still if they are not careful DC will beat them to the punch.

I used to give Marvel more credit then this. Back when I started reading comics against in 2000, it seemed like Marvel could do no wrong. Now it's like not only are they seemingly running out of decent ideas, everything seems to be a gimmick or a random thought. They never seem to take the time anymore and look at what they're doing wrong. They keep doing the same stuff over and over again. I would love for Marvel to take a black female superhero and make her one of their premier characters but if anyone I think they'd try Misty Knight before Storm. 
#32 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage: I think they are afraid to fail with a Storm solo, because of her fanbase and her past pull in the Marvel and X-Universe "lets face it she isn't as big as she was". I would buy a Misty Knight solo. I love her character, but part of me would still think other heroines deserved it before her.

I agree Marvel has been stale for years, but Marvel Now is off to a good start in my opinion. I am enjoying more Marvel titles now then I have in a long time.

#33 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10654 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

You are a busy bee in this forum Mr. Fleur.

Storm has a rich enough history to make a solo series, but so much of it is tied with the X-Men and Black Panther that making it her own is the biggest issue as far as villains/plot go.

Next is her powers. Storm is a ranged powerhouse where most solo heroes are tanks with blasters, or street level heroes that go from roof top to roof top. A writer would need to spice up her villains and situations to make seeing her in action more then simple lighting blast beats the bad guy. Which doing over a long term would be difficult.

Cast is easy. Yukio, Callisto, Invisible Woman, etc She has plenty of allies and more can be made. Though Yukio should be her Kate Bishop.

Do I think it is possible? Yes. Do I think it will happen? Not unless a writer really has a brilliant idea for a long term series. Will it work? I'd like to think so, but Marvel can't keep a female solo going to save their asses or any X-Man besides Wolverine, so I am beyond skeptical.

Great post. Agreed 100%. Plus, most of the female solo books are spin-off from a more popular male counter-part (Supergirl to Superman, Captain Marvel to Captain Marvel, Wolverine to X-23, Batman to Batgirl, Conan ro Red Sonja, etc.),but none seem to last. I just wish they would give Storm, arguably their most popular and rcongnizable female super heroine (with a pretty vocal fanbase), a shot at a solo. Either way, I am in that skeptical category right along with ya.

#34 Edited by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Great post. Agreed 100%. Plus, most of the female solo books are spin-off from a more popular male counter-part (Supergirl to Superman, Captain Marvel to Captain Marvel, Wolverine to X-23, Batman to Batgirl, Conan ro Red Sonja, etc.),but none seem to last. I just wish they would give Storm, arguably their most popular and rcongnizable female super heroine (with a pretty vocal fanbase), a shot at a solo. Either way, I am in that skeptical category right along with ya.

Supergirl, Batgirl, & Red Sonja have lasted. Those are three of the longest running solo books with a female lead and they are still going now. I think Red Sonja's book is called Queen Sonja now though.
#35 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10654 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Supergirl, Batgirl, & Red Sonja have lasted. Those are three of the longest running solo books with a female lead and they are still going now. I think Red Sonja's book is called Queen Sonja now though.

I should have made it more clear in my post. I meant the Marvel female solos not lasting.

#36 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of you need to stop beating the dead horse.

#37 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@ItsDaveyJ: Great feedback- It's great to have Storm challenged by other heroes she wouldn't usually pair up with, but let's not let her solo story get to X-men heavy. That would defeat the purpose of having a solo in the first place. For example- I loved the story in the ultimate universe where her and the shadow king where a couple. Could you imagine if that happened in 616 and how that would possibly change or corrupt Ororo? Place the Shadow king in a hot guy body and have him grow closer and closer to Storm, have Yukio be her homegurl, and Cal in there for tension and that would be be a totally awesome dream cast! Have Ashake be there for magical training. And you have many different levels which would be very interesting and take Ororo to many new places!! Take us to Marvel!! Let us write this!! lol

I didn't mean to imply that there should be THAT many cameos. I was merely listing suggestions. I thought I tried making the point that you made where she can't have an overly X-Men heavy story but I guess it didn't get across.

I believe that it could be done. Hell, if I can come up with a bunch of scenarios I don't see why a professional writer can't. And making a new villain really wouldn't be that difficult. People forget that a person doesn't need super powers to cause trouble for the protagonist. They don't even have to be evil. They just have to cause conflict.

#38 Posted by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@ItsDaveyJ said:

@NazarethSavage I believe that it could be done. Hell, if I can come up with a bunch of scenarios I don't see why a professional writer can't. And making a new villain really wouldn't be that difficult. People forget that a person doesn't need super powers to cause trouble for the protagonist. They don't even have to be evil. They just have to cause conflict.

I don't think that problem is, "coming up with scenarios". Anyone can come up with a scenario..but an ongoing doesn't last for 1-12 issues, it's supposed to keep going for as long as the company can sustain it, I don't see the writers being able to continuously have the ideas to fill issues.  I also still don't see Marvel even trying this, considering female & black characters especially as far as Marvel is concerned can't seem to hold on. 

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I should have made it more clear in my post. I meant the Marvel female solos not lasting.

Makes more sense.
#39 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@NazarethSavage: If you look at a long running series... in essence what are they? A compilation of many scenarios. And often when you create one scenario... it opens the door for 2 other scenarios to follow after it. The problem is that Marvel just hasn't had someone to make those scenarios. It's not due to a lack of potential.

I mean let's look at the first issues of X-men for an example. The very first issue was a very simple scenario... X-men fight off a bad guy with Magnetic powers. Okay.

A while later someone goes...

"Hey... what if we made Magneto have this backstory as a Jew during the Holocaust?"

"Ooooooh and because of his experiences he forms this view about mutants that conflicts with Professor X's!"

"And then we can write about how Magneto and Prof. X really actually like each other as people but they just disagree!"

"And then we can write about..."

And so on and so forth.

One idea fuels another is what I'm trying to say.

As for the issue of Marvel attempting this... well that's a whole other bag of worms that is worthy of it's own thread of discussion. "Why doesn't Marvel have many solo series for women, black characters, asian characters, hispanic characters, middle eastern characters, gay characters, transgender characters, etc.?"

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@ItsDaveyJ said:

Why doesn't Marvel have many solo series for women

They have Captain Marvel,Red She-Hulk,& Fearless Defenders. The only reason they don't have more is because the previous 3 they had (Ghost Rider, X-23,& Spider-Girl) got cancelled because of their low sales. 
#41 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@ItsDaveyJ said:

Why doesn't Marvel have many solo series for women

They have Captain Marvel,Red She-Hulk,& Fearless Defenders. The only reason they don't have more is because the previous 3 they had (Ghost Rider, X-23,& Spider-Girl) got cancelled because of their low sales.

I would still say that doesn't constitute as "many" but it is still some. I stand corrected then. There are still many other demographics not being represented though... which was my main point in that statement.

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@ItsDaveyJ said:

I would still say that doesn't constitute as "many" but it is still some. I stand corrected then. There are still many other demographics not being represented though... which was my main point in that statement.

True, but I believe it does answer the question. Marvel doesn't have more female books because they've been cancelled. Every quarter they put out at least 1 or 2 and they don't last long. I understand that there aren't many other demographics represented but you have to give Marvel some credit for trying considering how often they fail. They are determined to make it work despite their track record.
#43 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: It answers the question on a base level but doesn't go beyond to talk about what they could do differently to improve those sales. I do give them some credit for trying but I'm sure there's a way to make it work that they just aren't doing. DC has several solo female books going strong so I know it's not impossible.

#44 Edited by NazarethSavage (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@ItsDaveyJ said:

@NazarethSavage: If you look at a long running series... in essence what are they? A compilation of many scenarios. And often when you create one scenario... it opens the door for 2 other scenarios to follow after it. The problem is that Marvel just hasn't had someone to make those scenarios. It's not due to a lack of potential.

I mean let's look at the first issues of X-men for an example. The very first issue was a very simple scenario... X-men fight off a bad guy with Magnetic powers. Okay.

A while later someone goes...

"Hey... what if we made Magneto have this backstory as a Jew during the Holocaust?"

"Ooooooh and because of his experiences he forms this view about mutants that conflicts with Professor X's!"

"And then we can write about how Magneto and Prof. X really actually like each other as people but they just disagree!"

"And then we can write about..."

And so on and so forth.

One idea fuels another is what I'm trying to say.

As for the issue of Marvel attempting this... well that's a whole other bag of worms that is worthy of it's own thread of discussion. "Why doesn't Marvel have many solo series for women, black characters, asian characters, hispanic characters, middle eastern characters, gay characters, transgender characters, etc.?"

I'm not going to take this any further. I don't see this being a good idea or even something Marvel could pull off even if they put their best writers on it. I'll just leave it at that.
#45 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@ItsDaveyJ said:

@Vance Astro: It answers the question on a base level but doesn't go beyond to talk about what they could do differently to improve those sales. I do give them some credit for trying but I'm sure there's a way to make it work that they just aren't doing. DC has several solo female books going strong so I know it's not impossible.

I only answered the question how it was asked. Why Marvel doesn't have more books of those kinds is obvious. What can be done about it is another question entirely. I'm not doubting there is a way for Marvel to get it done...I'd assume they simply haven't figured it out yet.
#46 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

What would the premise of a Storm book be? Right now is the absolute worst time for Storm to come out with a book. She's lost all ties to Wakanda, and is not a queen anymore, to name one of her problems.

#47 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: @Vance Astro: Thanks for the Info. guys!!!

#48 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

What would the premise of a Storm book be? Right now is the absolute worst time for Storm to come out with a book. She's lost all ties to Wakanda, and is not a queen anymore, to name one of her problems.

Well in my opinion this is exactly the best time to Storm have an ongoing, it could show she dealing with all the troubles she has now outside the X-books.

#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltraBiel said:

@butterflykyss: @Vance Astro: Thanks for the Info. guys!!!

:)
#50 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltraBiel: Very true. I have never thought about it like that. I was only thinking "What kind of story would interest the bulk of people who give a darn about X-Men enough to pay attention to a Storm ongoing?"

I guess they can do that, although I don't know how long it will last. What foe would she face? Other things like that would need to be taken into consideration. The best thing for Storm imo, is to have her lead the X-Men. She is a great choice. That would also allow her to get much-needed panel time, but MARVEL doesn't want to go that way, obviously lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.