Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

What kind of Magic she has

• 91 results
    Avatar image for marlexcabanilla
    marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By marlexcabanilla

It is White or Black Magic

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

white

marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me i think its both white and black since she teach Magik about magic and Magik has white ang black magic

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did storm learn magic?

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlexcabanilla: She taught illyana white magic but magik already had a dark soul which lead her to control both.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I also thought black and white magic for Storm.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By abaldo

more likely white!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The limbo version learned both, and I believe Ashake used white magic (possibly only white magic). While I tend to lean toward white I think Storm would probably learn both.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jhazzroucher
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: hope we get more information from Storm's ongoing

I'm OK if Pak decides not to explore her magic potential. I would much rather see her elemental abilities thoroughly explored. There is still so much that we have not yet seen.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
    MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I agree Id rather any magic potential come out in maybe a event where shes needed to help cast away some threat that needs her Dr.Strange an Wanda or something like that. I just want him to explore more ways for her to use her powers an go back to the way she use to use them ie. water manipulation, freezing winds, ball lighting, pressure domes all those things

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@magnificentstorm said:

@thunderbolt30: I agree Id rather any magic potential come out in maybe a event where shes needed to help cast away some threat that needs her Dr.Strange an Wanda or something like that. I just want him to explore more ways for her to use her powers an go back to the way she use to use them ie. water manipulation, freezing winds, ball lighting, pressure domes all those things

Yes! Her powers have so many applications that have been under utilized over the years, or not used at all, so all I want to see are her powers being leveraged to their full potential (I miss seeing her using air pressure, winds, shaping ambient moisture and generating hyper cold for freezing effects, etc.). I want to see more emp's, or take a page from AoA Storm's book and creating an electro-static halo around herself that leaves her undetectable to advanced tech. Or channeling and converting all of the electrical energy in a powerful storm into a single bolt. There is so much she could do with her weather and atmospheric manipulation.

That would be an awesome story with Ororo and Strange, since they both share a connection to the elder goddess Oshtur. Or to see a story of the 3 high priestesses of the 616 universe (Ororo, Wanda, and Agatha Harkness).

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wtk1013

@magnificentstorm:

No Caption Provided

Hopefully more interaction with doctor stange in Original Sin will help her unleash her magical abillities

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 exactly what I am thinking. She needs to show that versatility she had in the classic days an even when she was in X-treme X-men she had some really awesome moments.

As for Dr.Strange yea i definitely do want to see something between then that would help give more insight into her magical powers.They have worked together before such as when they had to help mend Eternity so Storm had to be his host while Dr.Strange fixed him.

An isnt Agatha dead?

@wtk1013

Awesome i dont know if this story is heading into a more Dr.Strange will fix this but there might be one interaction between them. Still happy to see Storm around in this Event seeing as i had such high hopes for her in FearItself.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnificentstorm:

You raise a great point. Why in all the interactions of both Dr. Strange and Storm either via the X-men or as an Avenger hasn't Dr. Strange commented at all about her mystical heritage? If it is true that Oshtur, "Bright Lady" is the Elder god responsible for the magic in Storm's blood line, then Dr. Strange evokes the powers of Oshtur, ala "Oh Omnipotent Hands of Oshtu," incantations.

Also, Storm has a Sorcerer Supreme ancestor, Ayesha. Dr. Strange has no knowledge about this either even more unexpected--it would seem it would have come up don't you think?

What type of magic? White magic and powerful white magic at that, it would seem from the previous incarnations. Ayesha, Sorceress Supreme, Ashake (Egyptian corceress), alternate reality Storm (who taught Magik (Illyana Rasputin) white magic.

They were all blessed with magic by Oshtur who is a being of White magic.

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1: yea by now you would think he would have said something. That is weird an she does seem to have a very deep connection with Oshtur on a more spiritual level where Oshtur knows who Storm is. I believe Storm say her in a issue where she came to her.

An wasn't the Storm that taught Magik just a furture Storm? I don't believe she was a alternate reality. But more than likely white an dark magic but more so white magic.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnificentstorm: I think you're right about Agatha being dead.

@peerless1: yea by now you would think he would have said something. That is weird an she does seem to have a very deep connection with Oshtur on a more spiritual level where Oshtur knows who Storm is. I believe Storm say her in a issue where she came to her.

An wasn't the Storm that taught Magik just a furture Storm? I don't believe she was a alternate reality. But more than likely white an dark magic but more so white magic.

yes it was an alternate version of 616 Storm that remained/was trapped in Limbo. She was an older version of 616 who made the mistake of going after Belasco to save her team but she failed. She then became his apprentice and he taught her both white and dark magic. She taught Illyana white magic.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wtk1013 said:

@magnificentstorm:

No Caption Provided

Hopefully more interaction with doctor stange in Original Sin will help her unleash her magical abillities

another Storm wallpaper, hahaha but at least she's there. :)

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: Yea pretty sure Wanda killed her in House of M

An yea I knew that just got kinda confused on the alternate reality part. But yea pretty awesome that we've seen two possible furture for Storm already.

But you know what I just thought about the Watcher did tell BP an Storm their child will have a major impact on the Marvel Universe *_* so wats gonna happen to that. Broken furture maybe

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: True :) always nice to see her would love for her to be more apart of the Story but eh

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: Yea pretty sure Wanda killed her in House of M

An yea I knew that just got kinda confused on the alternate reality part. But yea pretty awesome that we've seen two possible furture for Storm already.

But you know what I just thought about the Watcher did tell BP an Storm their child will have a major impact on the Marvel Universe *_* so wats gonna happen to that. Broken furture maybe

Who said that the watcher is always right? Hehehe : )

@jhazzroucher: True :) always nice to see her would love for her to be more apart of the Story but eh

Yep!

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@magnificentstorm:

You raise a great point. Why in all the interactions of both Dr. Strange and Storm either via the X-men or as an Avenger hasn't Dr. Strange commented at all about her mystical heritage? If it is true that Oshtur, "Bright Lady" is the Elder god responsible for the magic in Storm's blood line, then Dr. Strange evokes the powers of Oshtur, ala "Oh Omnipotent Hands of Oshtu," incantations.

Also, Storm has a Sorcerer Supreme ancestor, Ayesha. Dr. Strange has no knowledge about this either even more unexpected--it would seem it would have come up don't you think?

What type of magic? White magic and powerful white magic at that, it would seem from the previous incarnations. Ayesha, Sorceress Supreme, Ashake (Egyptian corceress), alternate reality Storm (who taught Magik (Illyana Rasputin) white magic.

I agree with this post...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@peerless1 said:

@magnificentstorm:

I agree with this post...

Maybe it's not yet her time to explore magic. Strange and Storm also met when Storm has to house Eternity.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Roddy010

@jhazzroucher: She met Strange in Ucanny X-men 191. Kulan Gath was causing potentially global devastation with his magic and took out Strange and Xavier both. Selene also made an appearance and was also one of the main antagonist. However Storm with the help of Warlock saved the day defeating Selene and Kulan. Strange then used a spell to recton the events completely.

No Caption Provided

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: .............i have the urge to see storm and cap hit it off (if they aren't involved with anyone )

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@jhazzroucher: She met Strange in Ucanny X-men 191. Kulan Gath was causing potentially global devastation with his magic and took out Strange and Xavier both. Selene also made an appearance and was also one of the main antagonist. However Storm with the help of Warlock saved the day defeating Selene and Kulan. Strange then used a spell to recton the events completely.

No Caption Provided

I haven't seen this before. HOw did Storm and Warlock defeat Selene and Kulan Gath? Were there any other x-men involved?

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Warlock infected Storm with his techno-virus and she then attacked and infected Selene, seemingly ending her. This story included the New Mutants, X-Men and Avengers characters.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Warlock infected Storm with his techno-virus and she then attacked and infected Selene, seemingly ending her. This story included the New Mutants, X-Men and Avengers characters.

I see. So Storm beat Selene Wow!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait is stom a Mage as well ?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Wait is stom a Mage as well ?

Hmmm.. I think she can affect magic but we have not really seen her use magic.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@jhazzroucher: she has used magic once before actually. Her older/limbo self taught her how to cast the teleportation spell that brought her team out of limbo.

And yes she defeated Selene. It's one if the reasons I think she would make a good nemesis for Storm in either X-Men, if they keep the Sisterhood as a team, or in a Storm's solo.

marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: i think its not a spell she just said about the ruby from her mother that can open a dimension by using her lighting

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@marlexcabanilla: it was a spell that she was taught by limbo Storm. There was no lightning used IIRC, and I think itvwas stated in the issue that it was a spell that Storm was casting.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    No Caption Provided

THIS should be ro's look if she ever decides to expand upon her magic potential AND become an elemental/sorceress ... its hott ...and screams dangerous bish! plus mostly witches and vampires dress in these things ... *drools* keep the hair but some curls would make this even more jaw dropping ! she has always rocked short hair .... and why the hell has she NOT been asked to consider being a model? ...

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: As much as I hated Igor Kordey's art he did have a beautiful take on Storm and her owning her sexy with her look. I liked the red dress and the gladiator costume (minus the cape with the frilly boa on top :-/).

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Peerless1

@marlexcabanilla: Storm met her alternate older self to help instruct her in casting the spell.

@thunderbolt30: I agree with Selene being included. She should have a bone to pick with Storm from the Hellfire club days anyway, especially if Magma made an appearance (I miss Amara).

But if you consider the magical types she's had some interaction with. There might be some interesting possibilities in her ongoing: Loki ( a very contentious interaction), Doom, Amanda Sefton, and Majik herself.

No Caption Provided

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@thunderbolt30: I agree with Selene being included. She should have a bone to pick with Storm from the Hellfire club days anyway, especially if Magma made an appearance (I miss Amara).

But if you consider the magical types she's had some interaction with. There might be some interesting possibilities in her ongoing: Loki ( a very contentious interaction), Doom, Amanda Sefton, and Majik herself.

No Caption Provided

Good points on Loki and Doom, especially Loki. Did you see the solicit for issue Storm #1? It mentions that Storm will take on man, mutants, a god, and monster. I wouldn't mind seeing another interaction with her and Loki again. But yes, I think Selene would make a fitting adversary for Ororo.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlexcabanilla: it was a spell that she was taught by limbo Storm. There was no lightning used IIRC, and I think itvwas stated in the issue that it was a spell that Storm was casting.

I will doublecheck.

marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: i thought because I read somewhere that the ruby is need a lighting so that it can open a portal

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@marlexcabanilla said:

@thunderbolt30: i think its not a spell she just said about the ruby from her mother that can open a dimension by using her lighting

OMFG i completely forgot, storm's ruby is a teleporting device. I remember reading it from somewhere!!! did anyone know this and has she ever used it?? @thunderbolt30@peerless1@malachi_munroe@jhazzroucher

used with her lightning it is , if i recall correctly M'rinn told her that if she ever wished to visit again she had to strike it with lightning anywhere where the air meets the sea i think? help me out here TB

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I did not see that. That would make her story all the more epic. She is after all she is human, mutant, goddess herself--one could also she had to fight her own inner monsters for many years.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@marlexcabanilla said:

OMFG i completely forgot, storm's ruby is a teleporting device. I remember reading it from somewhere!!! did anyone know this and has she ever used it?? @thunderbolt30@peerless1@malachi_munroe@jhazzroucher

used with her lightning it is , if i recall correctly M'rinn told her that if she ever wished to visit again she had to strike it with lightning anywhere where the air meets the sea i think? help me out here TB

Correct. It has been confirmed, at least in the OHOTMU, that the cameo crystal Storm has can be used as an dimensional portal. Her ruby has had so many crazy-a$$ retcons:

First I think it was her mother's ruby that she took from her mother after she died

Then it was a "cameo crystal" that can open a portal to M'Rinn's dimension

Then it was a rare and special crystal that Storm stole from a heavily guarded museum as a child, and was later found to contain Candra's essence

Then we find out that the ruby is also a part of the Madripoor set (I think it went back to being her mother's ruby again), and when used in tandem with the other crystals in the set it could open up dimensional portals.

Maybe the crystal is now almost all of these things

OK - tangents over lol

From what I remember M'Rinn told that she could find the dimensional veils on earth that would give Storm access to her dimension and that crystal will also tell them how the other is doing. I would love to see the crystal and the dimensional travel capabilities used as a story in Storm's solo.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@malachi_munroe Here you go...

No Caption Provided

@peerless1 said:

@thunderbolt30: I did not see that. That would make her story all the more epic. She is after all she is human, mutant, goddess herself--one could also she had to fight her own inner monsters for many years.

Right :-). Here is the solicit and the link...

STORM #1

Publisher: MARVEL COMICS

(W) Greg Pak (A/CA) Victor Ibanez

Thief. Goddess. Headmistress. Queen. The X-Man called STORM has always defied a single title. And her desire to better the world has never been limited to only her own kind. On a mission to foster goodwill and safeguard the mutant race’s continued existence in her own way, Storm will travel the globe, confronting man and mutant, god and monster and everything inbetween. She will overthrow tyrants, quell tsunamis and strive to see her dream for the world realized. She is STORM, a hero like no other….and the skies will tremble at the sight of their namesake

Storm #1

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe Here you go...

No Caption Provided

@peerless1 said:

Right :-). Here is the solicit and the link...

STORM #1

Publisher: MARVEL COMICS

(W) Greg Pak (A/CA) Victor Ibanez

Thief. Goddess. Headmistress. Queen. The X-Man called STORM has always defied a single title. And her desire to better the world has never been limited to only her own kind. On a mission to foster goodwill and safeguard the mutant race’s continued existence in her own way, Storm will travel the globe, confronting man and mutant, god and monster and everything inbetween. She will overthrow tyrants, quell tsunamis and strive to see her dream for the world realized. She is STORM, a hero like no other….and the skies will tremble at the sight of their namesake

Storm #1

so god refers to Loki?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@abaldo said:

@marlexcabanilla said:

Correct. It has been confirmed, at least in the OHOTMU, that the cameo crystal Storm has can be used as an dimensional portal. Her ruby has had so many crazy-a$$ retcons:

First I think it was her mother's ruby that she took from her mother after she died

Then it was a "cameo crystal" that can open a portal to M'Rinn's dimension

Then it was a rare and special crystal that Storm stole from a heavily guarded museum as a child, and was later found to contain Candra's essence

Then we find out that the ruby is also a part of the Madripoor set (I think it went back to being her mother's ruby again), and when used in tandem with the other crystals in the set it could open up dimensional portals.

Maybe the crystal is now almost all of these things

OK - tangents over lol

From what I remember M'Rinn told that she could find the dimensional veils on earth that would give Storm access to her dimension and that crystal will also tell them how the other is doing. I would love to see the crystal and the dimensional travel capabilities used as a story in Storm's solo.

It really just sounds like Storm has a magical item and not that she can cast spells.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Peerless1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.