Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10172 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

What Is The Most Amazing Storm Ability You Seen?

• 113 results
    Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
    mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The most amazing Storm ability I sall was in the X film 2 she created like a good amount of tornado's in a blink of a eye.

What is yours?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Quite a few come to mind. Her control over air us my favorite of all the elements under her purview, but she has so e amazing feats with her atmisohwruc electricty manipulation as well. Creating a lightning bolt out if Stardust's electrons was one her most amazing showings to date.

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The most amazing Storm ability I sall was in the X film 2 she created like a good amount of tornado's in a blink of a eye.

What is yours?

Probably mine too but the most dramatic was in the first x-men film when Storm was fighting against Toad and said "Do you know what happens to a toad when struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to anyone else."

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quite a few come to mind. Her control over air us my favorite of all the elements under her purview, but she has so e amazing feats with her atmisohwruc electricty manipulation as well. Creating a lightning bolt out if Stardust's electrons was one her most amazing showings to date.

I saw the scan of that but it didn't say anything about creating a lightning bolt out of stardusts electrons…Or is it explained how she did it later on in the issue??

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

I saw the scan of that but it didn't say anything about creating a lightning bolt out of stardusts electrons…Or is it explained how she did it later on in the issue??

I think it should have been explained in the comic, since when I first saw it I just thought it was an uber-powerful lightning bolt that dissipated Stardust's form.

How we found out what happened came directly from the writer himself (Dwayne McDuffie):

To:reignfirequote: I think it's extremely careless to have Stardust beaten in such a manner after having a fantastic battle with the much more powerful Beta Ray Bill. He has taken far more powerful attacks than a lightning bolt without being dispersed.

Actually, it was a "lightning bolt" created by removing electrons from her body, their violent return dispersed her (remember, she's made of energy, and was already beginning to fall apart before the electrons returned). And she wasn't beaten, rather, dissipated for less than 10 seconds.

Here is the link to the discussion forum where he was speaking with fans about the FF issues with Storm and BP.

http://www.thevhive.com/forum/dwayne-mcduffie/sticky/fantastic-four-546-preview/31

It's post #60.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jhazzroucher

#

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

I think it should have been explained in the comic, since when I first saw it I just thought it was an uber-powerful lightning bolt that dissipated Stardust's form.

How we found out what happened came directly from the writer himself (Dwayne McDuffie):

To:reignfirequote: I think it's extremely careless to have Stardust beaten in such a manner after having a fantastic battle with the much more powerful Beta Ray Bill. He has taken far more powerful attacks than a lightning bolt without being dispersed.

Actually, it was a "lightning bolt" created by removing electrons from her body, their violent return dispersed her (remember, she's made of energy, and was already beginning to fall apart before the electrons returned). And she wasn't beaten, rather, dissipated for less than 10 seconds.

Here is the link to the discussion forum where he was speaking with fans about the FF issues with Storm and BP.

http://www.thevhive.com/forum/dwayne-mcduffie/sticky/fantastic-four-546-preview/31

It's post #60.

Thanks for the link.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

It's post #60.

Then that is one powerful feat. I was thinking, what is stoping her from doing it to the human body or matter even. But i realised she could only do it with energy. So leads me to think Storm can actually cancel energy projectiles from the likes of cyclops and bishop.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

#

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

It's post #60.

Then that is one powerful feat. I was thinking, what is stoping her from doing it to the human body or matter even. But i realised she could only do it with energy. So leads me to think Storm can actually cancel energy projectiles from the likes of cyclops and bishop.

Storm should be able to manipulate and even absorb and make it her own. Just my opinion

Avatar image for deactivated-57c7d84814d87
    deactivated-57c7d84814d87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would have to go with wind:).

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: I think she could only do it to energy constructs or beings composed of elements (energy or matter) that fall under her purview and is related to the atmosphere. I don't think Scott's beam is one of those forces. And I really doubt she could do that to a projectile moving at high speeds.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Remember in the X-men anime when she froze the pirate ship solid and made walls of voice while driving? Aside from her getting tired afterwards, I <3 that!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember in the X-men anime when she froze the pirate ship solid and made walls of voice while driving? Aside from her getting tired afterwards, I <3 that!

I love that part. my favorite part!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: wind-wise:i liked x-men evolution>wolverine and the x-men>x-men the animated series.i think with wind it could be useful in many ways kinda like telekinsis and storm's control over wind is pretty good if not one of the best.in x-men evolution storm used wind to blow back a helicopter which i liked.

Avatar image for marlexcabanilla
    marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactic Core Feat

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: wind-wise:i liked x-men evolution>wolverine and the x-men>x-men the animated series.i think with wind it could be useful in many ways kinda like telekinsis and storm's control over wind is pretty good if not one of the best.in x-men evolution storm used wind to blow back a helicopter which i liked.

x-men: animated series was the best one for me because I love Storm there. In x-men evolution, she wasn't that interesting especially that she is an adult there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: :( lol what? ..storm in x-men evolution was not super bad(she defeated mystique via lightning and fog and punched her out,created waterspouts,protected iceman and a passed out jean grey,was able to surround a sentential in a whirlwind even though it escaped,storm used wind to help put juggernaut down long enough for pro-x to do his thing,etc).

you do know that storm in x-men evolution was listed as a teacher/staff plus was the keeper of the x-mansion's greenhouse and the standby of professor xavier? and storm even went with him to confront apocalypse even though jean want it to go but was left behind:(.

i think x-men evolution was more about the youngsters like jean>iceman>etc but wolverine was seen more than storm though.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVED Evo Storm.

TAS is still the top animated version IMO but Evo Storm, especially after she became a Horseman of APOC, was beast with her powers. Her winds shredded those sentinels like they were nothing.

Anime Storm had some cool moments but her weak-sauce damsel in distress portrayal was super annoying for me to watch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: lol maybe storm ( anime ) took more " energy " for her to use her weather powers:( lol but she did flash-freeze those guys on that boat while she was enjoying her relaxation even though it was short.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@stormweatherwitchgoddessqueenx said:

@thunderbolt30: lol maybe storm ( anime ) took more " energy " for her to use her weather powers:( lol but she did flash-freeze those guys on that boat while she was enjoying her relaxation even though it was short.

Maybe. I was ready for her weak-a$$ to lay down and take a nap after each time she used her powers lol. But no doubt - freezing those pirates and creating that wall of ice was frakkin' awesome in the anime. Even her display of aerial agility while she was dodging and blasting through DP's projectiles was cool. I just didn't understand the need to make her so physically weak. It's like how does this even serve the plot?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. I was ready for her weak-a$$ to lay down and take a nap after each time she used her powers lol. But no doubt - freezing those pirates and creating that wall of ice was frakkin' awesome in the anime. Even her display of aerial agility while she was dodging and blasting through DP's projectiles was cool. I just didn't understand the need to make her so physically weak. It's like how does this even serve the plot?

If they don't make Storm weak, then what's the use of the rest of the x-men members? hehehe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: well as jhazzroucher pointed her,storm weather powers provides her with many ways to deal with enemies in most cases and therefor if storm was strong..she could solo many battles by herself with out the need of wolverine,cyclops,etc.

they make storm weak simply because she is too powerful and with weather could flatten enemies in most cases,just like jean grey comes off as weak even though if they made her strong she could destroy enemies with just a thought via telekinesis or put nearly everyone to bed.

battle over ^_&

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@thunderbolt30: well as jhazzroucher pointed her,storm weather powers provides her with many ways to deal with enemies in most cases and therefor if storm was strong..she could solo many battles by herself with out the need of wolverine,cyclops,etc.

they make storm weak simply because she is too powerful and with weather could flatten enemies in most cases,just like jean grey comes off as weak even though if they made her strong she could destroy enemies with just a thought via telekinesis or put nearly everyone to bed.

battle over ^_&

But I mean...did anime Storm NEED to be THAT physically weak ...? This version of her was quite powerful and dangerous in battle, but within 5 minutes she would be winded and ready to drop. Madhouse productions annoyed the hell out of me with the way they damseled the female X-Men (sans Armor) in this show.

And most of those enemies had tech to deal with her powers, so I don't think she needed to be powered down so she could fight within the team setting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: lol i forgot about those weather-resistant flying things which turned her lightening i think against her:( but to me she seem to always use lightening bolt attacks which maybe its quicker to call for and i like lightening ( nature lover here ) but she should use other weather-related things like wind to crush enemies or simply flash freeze them ^_^.

you know that some people complained that storm in x-men anime had very big boobs which may made dragged her down lol i don't know:(

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

battle over ^_&

But I mean...did anime Storm NEED to be THAT physically weak ...? This version of her was quite powerful and dangerous in battle, but within 5 minutes she would be winded and ready to drop. Madhouse productions annoyed the hell out of me with the way they damseled the female X-Men (sans Armor) in this show.

And most of those enemies had tech to deal with her powers, so I don't think she needed to be powered down so she could fight within the team setting.

They're just not creative enough.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: lol maybe marvel in the future will at least give storm her own animated movie because they sure don't seem to want to give her a live movie:(.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.... best displat of power? TAS hands down... savage land episode.. or evo where she was a horseman ... she served those kids up in evo XD ... or ripping off the frontbof a house , evo also reminded us how her powers strain other psionics (rogue recruit eppsode)... WATXM ... she was the team powerhousevtuats why she was always the first one to go down

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jhazzroucher

.... best displat of power? TAS hands down... savage land episode.. or evo where she was a horseman ... she served those kids up in evo XD ... or ripping off the frontbof a house , evo also reminded us how her powers strain other psionics (rogue recruit eppsode)... WATXM ... she was the team powerhousevtuats why she was always the first one to go down

Storm taking down a lot of sentinels.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have three

1. The galactic core feat no doubt--exotic and powerful and the ultimate expression of her power to date--to channel the cosmic forces (that's Galactus herald type stuff).

2.Global awareness and perception/sky topography (that is pretty impressive) to know where you are at any time and to be able to track a location over the entire Earth--badass.

3. Shielding the Earth from the gamma weapon--the whole Earth from Hulk powering radiation (even though it was assisted)--think of the potential here.

Honorable mention--Being a vessel to house an avatar of Eternity--though not a power--who does that?!!It is a primal force of the Omniverse--the Omniverse. Though not a power per se, it is truly amazing display of her will.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The Galactic Core feat

2. The Storm beating the Trion

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jhazzroucher

@abaldo said:
    @jhazzroucher said:

How about Storm housing Eternity?

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:
    @jhazzroucher said:

I would say that is a will feat but yeah that was pretty awesome

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@abaldo said:
    @jhazzroucher said:

I would say that is a will feat but yeah that was pretty awesome

i forgot. I also love the Storm saving the world feat.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the Eternity feat was pretty bad-a$$. It really supported the strength of Storm's will and spirit, and her connection to the natural world. Not just earth but the 616 universe as a whole.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is yours?

The same.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Peerless1

@jhazzroucher: Indeed.

@thunderbolt30: Right! And it was one of the first real sign that gave real credence to the real extent and scope of her power. The galactic core thing I mean. Don't you think?

And the Eternity thing is glossed over. There are probably about 3 mortals on Earth who could manage it.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: Right! And it was one of the first real sign that gave real credence to the real extent and scope of her power. The galactic core thing I mean. Don't you think?

And the Eternity thing is glossed over. There are probably about 3 mortals on Earth who could manage it.

These are a couple of the main reasons (the Eternity and galactic core feat) that I would love to see Storm had a stint on an intergalactic team (be it an X-Men or GotG team). The perception that she can only create storm winds and lightning, which is surprising with the # of posters who come to CV and post such uninformed nonsense, is just reflective of the need that her powers need through exploration. An atmokinetic with an ecopathic connection to the universe should not be, though sadly is, glossed over :-/.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jhazzroucher

@farkam said:

@mistresssobeautiful said:

What is yours?

The same.

same here too.

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Just curious--why do you believe this is the most amazing display of Storm's powers?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@peerless1 said:

These are a couple of the main reasons (the Eternity and galactic core feat) that I would love to see Storm had a stint on an intergalactic team (be it an X-Men or GotG team). The perception that she can only create storm winds and lightning, which is surprising with the # of posters who come to CV and post such uninformed nonsense, is just reflective of the need that her powers need through exploration. An atmokinetic with an ecopathic connection to the universe should not be, though sadly is, glossed over :-/.

i've always wondered if storm would be in a way "tuned in" to IPS while on a planet.....like lets say she could "detect" shi'ar ships apprroaching earth by the disturbance they cause in the heliosphere (which is a swirling sphere around the solar system) ..

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: It makes me wonder how far her atmospheric awareness goes. We know it can be planetary for sure, but while in space she pulled all of that energy from millions of stars suns in the galactic core, and I would think that despite the close proximity they were to each other wouldn't that still be like....many thousands of miles away form each other and her position?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.