Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

The Thermodynamics, Mechanics and Feats of Storm's powers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Son Of Storm said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling: I love how, whenever we make statements, we always have receipts to back them up.................so reliable, our little group.lol

LMAO! That's what makes us the most difficult to debate with. We use things that really happened, and we have the receipts to prove it.

Yet somehow we're being "fanboys"......... -_-

I accepted that label years ago, and I'm rather proud of it now..............

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage: We all have a little fanboy in us all. Me, probably more than a little. :p

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By Son Of Storm

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling: I love how, whenever we make statements, we always have receipts to back them up.................so reliable, our little group.lol

LMAO! That's what makes us the most difficult to debate with. We use things that really happened, and we have the receipts to prove it.

Yet somehow we're being "fanboys"......... -_-

I accepted that label years ago, and I'm rather proud of it now..............

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage: We all have a little fanboy in us all. Me, probably more than a little. :p

Raindrops are gone. And the kyss of death is gone from this land!

We are name free!

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Storm Calling

@Son Of Storm: Very true, what should we call ourselves?

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Son Of Storm

@Storm Calling said:

@Son Of Storm: Very true, what should we call ourselves?

I have no idea..........

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

Tell me if you can enlarge these scans without a problem?

Storm overriding Hurriances wind manipulation.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

I can enlarge them without a problem... I forgot all about the Hurricane one. So many, I need the old feats thread for reference. lol

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Son Of Storm

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

Where are those from?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Son Of Storm: I think it is from Cable vol.1 #17 or 18. Storm teamed-up with Cable, Caliban and Domino to fight the Dark Riders and save Cable's son Genesis. I have to say Loeb gave Storm some good showings when she appeared in Cable's solo, and she appeared pretty often.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Son Of Storm

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Son Of Storm: I think it is from Cable vol.1 #17 or 18. Storm teamed-up with Cable, Caliban and Domino to fight the Dark Riders and save Cable's son Genesis. I have to say Loeb gave Storm some good showings when she appeared in Cable's solo, and she appeared pretty often.

Thanks.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Storm Calling

A bump to let everyone know that Roddy added more information to his OP on the first page.

aerokinesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By aerokinesis

This Thread

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm: That and the Aladdin Affect...,

I got that one!

Good job there were some beast Storm moments in that arc. One of my fav scenes was when she created that lightning to break the dome.

Hmmm...do you think we should have the "powers possibilities" in the OP? I am thinking it could be confusing to the noobs and haterz. What do you think?

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30: I thought the same. lol

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#115  Edited By Roddy010

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm: That and the Aladdin Affect...,

I got that one!

Good job there were some beast Storm moments in that arc. One of my fav scenes was when she created that lightning to break the dome.

Hmmm...do you think we should have the "powers possibilities" in the OP? I am thinking it could be confusing to the noobs and haterz. What do you think?

Nah I think it fits perfectly at the end because it goes into detail of the many possibilities and creative uses to her large array of powers. I also think you guys made it perfectly clear that these are just possibilities due to the nature of her powers.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Storm Calling

@Roddy010: I think you are right. So long as it's under "Possible powers" maybe they won't take it too seriously.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By butterflykyss

Beautiful post Roddy thanks for all the information!!!!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By butterflykyss

@Son Of Storm said:

We are name free!

So glad to see i was missed by you... and we ARE NEVER GONE!!!!!

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Son Of Storm

@butterflykyss said:

@Son Of Storm said:

We are name free!

.......Hmm well I suppose my good day had to end at some point.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By butterflykyss

@Son Of Storm said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Son Of Storm said:

We are name free!

**SMILES**

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Son Of Storm

@butterflykyss said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Son Of Storm said:

We are name free!

**SMILES**

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Roddy010

Ok guys I've been thinking. What is Storm and Knigthcrawler played a deadly game of tag (she has to tag him with lightning). Do you think she could tag him as soon as he ports to a location (assuming it's within her proximity) Does she have enough precision to strike him down?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Roddy010 said:

Ok guys I've been thinking. What is Storm and Knigthcrawler played a deadly game of tag (she has to tag him with lightning). Do you think she could tag him as soon as he ports to a location (assuming it's within her proximity) Does she have enough precision to strike him down?

Hmmmm...good question. She could but I think it would be extremely difficult with single bolts. I think she can sense his movement through air but it depends on the speed of his teleports, which can be very rapid. In classic uncanny Dracula had summoned a lightning bolt that chased Nightcrawler all over the place, and he had to keep teleporting to avoid being killed. He was able to do it long enough to bring the bolt back to Dracula, so I think he can evade Storm's individual lightning strikes....at least for a good while. I think she is smart and tactical enough to eventually anticipate the area he would teleport to and eventually nail him upon materializing. If she generated a AOE lightning storm using multiple I think she would hit him more easily.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Roddy010 said:

Hmmmm...good question. She could but I think it would be extremely difficult with single bolts. I think she can sense his movement through air but it depends on the speed of his teleports, which can be very rapid. In classic uncanny Dracula had summoned a lightning bolt that chased Nightcrawler all over the place, and he had to keep teleporting to avoid being killed. He was able to do it long enough to bring the bolt back to Dracula, so I think he can evade Storm's individual lightning strikes....at least for a good while. I think she is smart and tactical enough to eventually anticipate the area he would teleport to and eventually nail him upon materializing. If she generated a AOE lightning storm using multiple I think she would hit him more easily.

If Storm is able to track his teleporting, then I don't believe him porting in random areas to dodge Dracula's lightning would work the same for Storm. Considering her ability to sense the magnetic fields, manipulate them to a degree, track energy signatures, and sense shifts in space/time as well as her ability to sense wind patterns, I think it is possible that she would eventually be able to track his movements in time to hit him with a bolt before he can fully materialize and think to port again.

Magneto was able to do this in UXM #104

No Caption Provided
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling: Hmmm...that is a good point. I didn't think about it that way. I was limiting her to the shifting and chaing of air volume created by the vaccum his teleports create when pops in and out of the 616 dimension. Considering her connection to the EM field that makes a lot of sense. It reminds me of the showing from one of the X-Men Unlimited isses where Storm can sense Joseph's arrivel due to the shifting he created in the earths EM field:

No Caption Provided

She is with Beast's parents and recovering from a gunshot wound but can sense Joseph's teleport warping the EM field before he fully arrives.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling: Hmmm...that is a good point. I didn't think about it that way. I was limiting her to the shifting and chaing of air volume created by the vaccum his teleports create when pops in and out of the 616 dimension. Considering her connection to the EM field that makes a lot of sense. It reminds me of the showing from one of the X-Men Unlimited isses where Storm can sense Joseph's arrivel due to the shifting he created in the earths EM field:

No Caption Provided

She is with Beast's parents and recovering from a gunshot wound but can sense Joseph's teleport warping the EM field before he fully Exce.

Excellent! I have yet to read the entire arc involving Joseph. Nice find! I think she could very well do it considering these instances.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling: We don't get to see her use her extra-sensory abilities often enough. Sky Topography, sensing shifts in the EM field, shiftings within the planet, shifting in space/time, unnatrual changes in the environment (i.e. - in the soil for example), and changes within the life forces around her...all things that I hope get revisited soon.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#128  Edited By poisonfleur

Random question, but would you consider Storm's trademark lighting a bluish-white color? Or is that just artists thinking alike?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@poisonfleur: I'd say bluish-white is the main color of her lightning (I guess to make it appear more natural looking), though I used to love when they did it in yellow. I also liked the red lightning she generated on The Hill. I always thought that her bolts should change color depending on the source of the energy (i.e. - sky/air generated lightining as white, bio electric bolts as yellow, and EM based bolts as varying colors in the EM spectrum).

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#130  Edited By poisonfleur

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@poisonfleur: I'd say bluish-white is the main color of her lightning (I guess to make it appear more natural looking), though I used to love when they did it in yellow. I also liked the red lightning she generated on The Hill. I always thought that her bolts should change color depending on the source of the energy (i.e. - sky/air generated lightining as white, bio electric bolts as yellow, and EM based bolts as varying colors in the EM spectrum).

Storm is officially a Sith. LOL JK

I don't think I have seen her use yellow in a while-- All I can really think of is X-men TAS. And I have never seen her use red lightning before. I agree with you, it would be neat to see under certain circumstances her lightning change colors.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling: We don't get to see her use her extra-sensory abilities often enough. Sky Topography, sensing shifts in the EM field, shiftings within the planet, shifting in space/time, unnatrual changes in the environment (i.e. - in the soil for example), and changes within the life forces around her...all things that I hope get revisited soon.

Agreed, it's something that is obviously looked over alot with her powers, hopefully some of these current writers can utilize this more often. I'm so tired of them always giving it to Magneto.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Agreed, it's something that is obviously looked over alot with her powers, hopefully some of these current writers can utilize this more often. I'm so tired of them always giving it to Magneto.

You and me both -__-.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#133  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Doesn't Storm already have a respect thread? 

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By butterflykyss

@poisonfleur said:

This is brilliant.

I haven't even seen half these pictures.

You can really tell when Storm is in her prime based off the pictures.

This really answered a lot of questions about her powers.

Thank you!

want to echo this great page!!

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Storm Calling

@Vance Astro said:

Not one specifically for her powers, it was erased in the wipe. The only other thread is her combat veteran thread, which involve her leadership, weapons, h2h and combat skills.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Storm Calling said:

@Vance Astro said:

Not one specifically for her powers, it was erased in the wipe. The only other thread is her combat veteran thread, which involve her leadership, weapons, h2h and combat skills.

Wait, so there was one that showcased her powers and it got erased? That sucks. I vaguely remember it. 
    Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Storm Calling

@Vance Astro: Yep, the old thread had hundreds of scans and explanations that have yet to be brought over... Completely wiped clean.

Many wanted to cry. :(

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Storm Calling said:

@Vance Astro: Yep, the old thread had hundreds of scans and explanations that have yet to be brought over... Completely wiped clean.

Did a Staff member ever tell you guys what actually happened? I don't have a clue.
    Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Storm Calling

@Vance Astro: They were and are as clueless as you or I. Whatever happened, I hope it doesn't happen again. lol

I think it was nice that we got a fresh start to clear out all of the pointless threads. Too bad they've been popping back up...

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Roddy010

@Storm Calling: @THUNDERBOLT30: Thanks guys. I feel as though this is def something that needs to be explored.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Roddy010 said:

@Storm Calling: @THUNDERBOLT30: Thanks guys. I feel as though this is def something that needs to be explored.

Should we add her overcoming calcabrina's black magic control to her willpower feats? I believe this would be her 3rd or 4th time overcoming magic based mind control.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By butterflykyss

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Roddy010 said:

Should we add her overcoming calcabrina's black magic control to her willpower feats? I believe this would be her 3rd or 4th time overcoming magic based mind control.

not that you asked me but I think that would be very appropriate!! lol

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Vance Astro said:

@Storm Calling said:

Did a Staff member ever tell you guys what actually happened? I don't have a clue.

No....they didn't. I just assumed it was an attack from an invisible being who either wanted us to start fresh, or seriously hated us enough to want to screw us over (which we overcame)..............I'm happy with the new setup though

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By butterflykyss

In spite of what has been said, its pretty obvious, to me at least, that is was a moderator(s) that was responsible for the eradication of the original Storm thread. And from my experience, lets just say I have had dealings with some mods who were quite deceptive and almost vindictive in their behavior (this is definitely not true of most of the mods I have encountered on this site luckily). That said, its good to see the community in this thread has not allowed this to prevent the construction of quality threads that are fun as well as informative. I'm sure the All-Mother Goddess is pleased :)

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Roddy010

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Roddy010 said:

Yes definitely, I don;t have the scans though but I know you can provide them.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Roddy010 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Roddy010 said:

Yes definitely, I don;t have the scans though but I know you can provide them.

Here you go. Storm was the first of the X-Men (followed by Wolverine) to break Calcabrina's magical hold.

No Caption Provided
    Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Roddy010

@THUNDERBOLT30: Thanks Thunder you're always scan ready lol.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Roddy010 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: Thanks Thunder you're always scan ready lol.

Anytime :-)

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By PassionFlower

That was a nice feat although not loving the art.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@PassionFlower said:

That was a nice feat although not loving the art.

I know you aren't.lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.