Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

The Thermodynamics, Mechanics and Feats of Storm's powers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thunderbolt30 said:

@son_of_storm: And looking back at the OP it looks like "Fry" can get checked off the list of creative developments for powers :-). And something I hope we see again soon.

-evil smile- yes b!tches!

No Caption Provided
    @thunderbolt30 said:

@son_of_storm: And looking back at the OP it looks like "Fry" can get checked off the list of creative developments for powers :-). And something I hope we see again soon.

@thunderbolt30 said:
    @malachi_munroe said:

@thunderbolt30: SC set that thread on fire XD. I also don't see the reason why people feel the need to start insulting others in battle threads ... It's like a bunch of hormonal maturity lacking idiots running wild.

Now,back to awesomeness!

What thread?

@storm_calling GREAT JOB on the Feats section update :-)!!!!

Thanks! Happy to be of service. :)

Hopefully future updates will be more swift.

and great point about the "Fry" section. Can't believe one of the possibilities came true!

Let's hope we get some more from the wishlist and then some :-)!

I want to see Storm use the pollutants in the air and make acid rain and toxic fog. Anyone else???!!

That would be awesome to see. I recall her doing it accidentally but it would awesome to see her do it in an offensive attack.

@thunderbolt30: How I have missed these discussions. My old account is lost to me (Peerless1). It's lovely to see the new feats of Storm and all the discussions of immunity vs impervious ness (to comment later), Black Vortex Cosmic Storm, attacking Sinister, flying 50 ton plans thousands of miles. Quite lovely.

1. My comments on StormCell/Storm calling debate:

Storm's immunity to the weather (heat, cold, lightning): I think it is largely subconscious, but only within a certain range. Beyond a certain power level or surge, she probably needs to actively compensate for the shifts in energy/temperature. It makes sense, her tissues are still flesh, she is not made of some "impervious" material that can be affected by natural energy sources. Her tissues can't withstand limitless shifts in temperature and energy. She can be shot, cut, bruised and battered. She still bleeds. But her powers compensates in ways that no normal human could to maintain this. It's equivalent to a normal person. We can function within a certain temperature range and even some very small electrical shock (static electricity). That is all subconscious. But, if you are in 10 degree weather, you would have to actively compensate (e.g. put on a coat and boots) even though your natural subconscious defenses are still at work.

2. @nipower888: I think she is an ecosystem manipulator. I think she will be capable of terraforming--without directly manipulating soil (earth) itself. Terraforming, is altering and manipulating the atmospheric gases composition, pressure, atmospheric shielding to filter solar radiation, moisture and temperature (overall weather patterns) to make inhospitable climates and atmospheres more Earth-like. Also, she could do the reverse, rip the atmosphere away and disrupt planetary climates and ecosystems. This would effect the types of wildlife and the microscopic organisms in the land sea or air. It how the modern Earth has been scientifically hypothesized to have evolved from the Primordial Sea.

3. We also saw here shield in her solo book. I'd like to see that explored. Is it pressure and air manipulation only. Does it include an electromagnetic and chemical manipulation as well. So much to explore.

nicely said Peerless :-). And it sucks that you couldn't access your original account.

I am hoping that her shield is a combo of air and pressure from Storm #7, and it would be awesome if she can produce more than 1 shield (i.e. - an electric or EM shield). Her powers have so much potential. I have been loving the last 6 months of creative development (igniting/bursting the atmopshere with extreme heat, manipulating the electrical impulses in the brain, air shield, etc.) and showings of her raw power (i.e. - carrying 100,000 lbs for hours at 390 mph). I hope we continue to see more!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1102  Edited By jhazzroucher

How come we got an awesome feat from a book that we didn't expect to showcase Storm's powers?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: You didn't win anything or refute anything, otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to try an explain what you think you've refuted or bothered to engage into a debate with me in the first place. And nothing that will happen here from now will make me believe that you were or are "right", because a retcon doesn't change what already happened(at least with the terms of this debate). I have absolutely no doubts about the stance I have taken in the article I wrote here about her powers. The facts speak for themselves

Whoa! You guys put so much seriousness about Storm's powers.

I know Storm Calling's posts are based on what happened in comics but I agree more with Stormcell's posts. When the Sinister feat didn't come yet, Storm fans weren't believing that Storm can fry one's brain while I already have been posting that she could, that she can take out the oxygen from one's lungs, etc. So , hopefully in the future it will be officially declared that she will be immune to her powers/elements/energies that she can manipulate. I mean , we just got an official confirmation in Storm #2 that she can't be hurt by electricity.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know Storm Calling's posts are based on what happened in comics but I agree more with Stormcell's posts. When the Sinister feat didn't come yet, Storm fans weren't believing that Storm can fry one's brain while I already have been posting that she could, that she can take out the oxygen from one's lungs, etc. So , hopefully in the future it will be officially declared that she will be immune to her powers/elements/energies that she can manipulate. I mean , we just got an official confirmation in Storm #2 that she can't be hurt by electricity.

LOL, this isn't true by any stretch of the imagination.

The "fry" portion in the possibilities section in the main article on the first page listed this as one of her possible abilities. If you read the date this thread was created(which included that section here), then you would see that this was something we all believed was within the realm of possibility before it happened. Fact is, you can't go around claiming a character can do something in a vs thread unless it has been established on panel. Even if it can be concluded with scientific evidence. That's just the way it works.

And as I said, if something is established that has "retconned" what was originally believed here about her powers, then it will be added. But at the end of the day a retcon doesn't change what already happened in terms what we believed prior. It is just a retcon.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

LOL, this isn't true by any stretch of the imagination.

The "fry" portion in the possibilities section in the main article on the first page listed this as one of her possible abilities. If you read the date this thread was created(which included that section here), then you would see that this was something we all believed was within the realm of possibility before it happened. Fact is, you can't go around claiming a character can do something in a vs thread unless it has been established on panel. Even if it can be concluded with scientific evidence. That's just the way it works.

And as I said, if something is established that has "retconned" what was originally believed here about her powers, then it will be added. But at the end of the day a retcon doesn't change what already happened in terms what we believed prior. It is just a retcon.

That's my point. You just think it's a possible ability when Storm should actually be able to do it.

So how about this. Storm was able to manipulate energies of millions of stars in her galactic core feat. Now my question is, should Storm on Earth be able to manipulate the energy of the sun?

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1106  Edited By Storm Calling

@jhazzroucher: and that's my point. Whether we think she can or not, we can't make assumptions, because that's not how battle threads work. It's based on facts and showings. Thinking it's a possibility does not mean we don't think she can do it. It's just that she hasn't... Until now.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: and that's my point. Whether we think she can or not, we can't make assumptions, because that's not how battle threads work. It's based on facts and showings. Thinking it's a possibility does not mean we don't think she can do it. It's just that she hasn't... Until now.

So you're basically telling me that she can create rain but since it has not been stated that she can create a drizzle it's just a possibility that she can create a drizzle.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thunderbolt30: How I have missed these discussions. My old account is lost to me (Peerless1). It's lovely to see the new feats of Storm and all the discussions of immunity vs impervious ness (to comment later), Black Vortex Cosmic Storm, attacking Sinister, flying 50 ton plans thousands of miles. Quite lovely.

1. My comments on StormCell/Storm calling debate:

Storm's immunity to the weather (heat, cold, lightning): I think it is largely subconscious, but only within a certain range. Beyond a certain power level or surge, she probably needs to actively compensate for the shifts in energy/temperature. It makes sense, her tissues are still flesh, she is not made of some "impervious" material that can be affected by natural energy sources. Her tissues can't withstand limitless shifts in temperature and energy. She can be shot, cut, bruised and battered. She still bleeds. But her powers compensates in ways that no normal human could to maintain this. It's equivalent to a normal person. We can function within a certain temperature range and even some very small electrical shock (static electricity). That is all subconscious. But, if you are in 10 degree weather, you would have to actively compensate (e.g. put on a coat and boots) even though your natural subconscious defenses are still at work.

2. @nipower888: I think she is an ecosystem manipulator. I think she will be capable of terraforming--without directly manipulating soil (earth) itself. Terraforming, is altering and manipulating the atmospheric gases composition, pressure, atmospheric shielding to filter solar radiation, moisture and temperature (overall weather patterns) to make inhospitable climates and atmospheres more Earth-like. Also, she could do the reverse, rip the atmosphere away and disrupt planetary climates and ecosystems. This would effect the types of wildlife and the microscopic organisms in the land sea or air. It how the modern Earth has been scientifically hypothesized to have evolved from the Primordial Sea.

3. We also saw here shield in her solo book. I'd like to see that explored. Is it pressure and air manipulation only. Does it include an electromagnetic and chemical manipulation as well. So much to explore.

I always enjoy reading your post.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling said:

So you're basically telling me that she can create rain but since it has not been stated that she can create a drizzle it's just a possibility that she can create a drizzle.

Firstly, a drizzle is a light rain, and an obvious ability under her belt that she has performed on numerous occasions. Secondly, my point relates to extreme cases that could be disputed. Manipulating the weather within the body for example, did need some confirmation despite the possibility that she should be able to.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1110  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

@storm_calling said:

Firstly, a drizzle is a light rain, and an obvious ability under her belt that she has performed on numerous occasions. Secondly, my point relates to extreme cases that could be disputed. Manipulating the weather within the body for example, did need some confirmation despite the possibility that she should be able to.

Alright. I might have not given you a good example. But what about the first one, that if she is able to manipulate energies from the galactic core feat, will Storm on Earth be able to manipulate the energy of the sun?

Storm has been already able to use her powers within the body just like what she did to Iceman.

Anyway, I'd like to know your opinion if Storm can create fire or shoot fire instead of electric bolts from her hands

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess who opened up the earth's magnetic fields today ~

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Our Kenyan Princess did :)

"Shut up harmon... I'm working now"

lol

She was not in the mood for his shyt

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1113  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@malachi_munroe said:

This was so awesome. We got:

Shaping water into an air filled sphere to breathe and manipulating the ocean medium:

And Harmon's underwater transport was pretty damn big in comparison to Ororo's size and she easily lifted it to the surface of the water with via the the ocean currents.

Ororo manipulating the planet a grand scale:

Manipulating the earth's magnetic fields and ozone layer to let in the extremely hot rays of the sun to vaporize a massive tidal wave

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I think she shielded harmon ... a little bit..I wanted him to be vaporized but that villain though!

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm loving all the feats she's been having lately. Hopefully her power scale just keeps getting bigger in every issue.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So excited to get my copies of Storm #8 and see those feats. :)

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010@storm_calling Great job on the OP gents :-)! I just finished reading the updated sections. I screwed up on one of the feats above that we should update in the OP. On the showings of her creating the bubble she traveled underwater in I meant to say:

Shaping water into an air filled sphere to breathe and manipulating the ocean medium.

Looking back at it's actually Ororo manipulating and shaping the surface of the water into a sphere to hold in the air before she submerged.

PeerlessOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30:

This is truly fantastic. She has put on a display of absolute fine control, power and diversity all in the same issue. I'm so glad we are continuing to explore the plethora of capabilities she possesses and that she has an opportunity to display them. The ozone and Van Allen belt/magnetosphere manipulation are surprising and awesome. I think this is the first time that Storm's electromagnetic manipulations have included magnetism overtly.

The focused use of cosmic radiation to vaporize an object is merely superb. I can see why she wouldn't do it often. The sheer destructive power alone--but in the right setting in a battle, it's cosmic weather Storm alive and well. I've been waiting to see and requested to see manipulation of interstellar and cosmic forces/energy on Earth. I guess, ask and ye shall receive!

@roddy010: Aww shucks . . . thanks!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30:

This is truly fantastic. She has put on a display of absolute fine control, power and diversity all in the same issue. I'm so glad we are continuing to explore the plethora of capabilities she possesses and that she has an opportunity to display them. The ozone and Van Allen belt/magnetosphere manipulation are surprising and awesome. I think this is the first time that Storm's electromagnetic manipulations have included magnetism overtly.

The focused use of cosmic radiation to vaporize an object is merely superb. I can see why she wouldn't do it often. The sheer destructive power alone--but in the right setting in a battle, it's cosmic weather Storm alive and well. I've been waiting to see and requested to see manipulation of interstellar and cosmic forces/energy on Earth. I guess, ask and ye shall receive!

I believe Mr Pak will show us Storm's biggest feat with the next villain for this ongoing solo. :)

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010@storm_calling Great job on the OP gents :-)! I just finished reading the updated sections. I screwed up on one of the feats above that we should update in the OP. On the showings of her creating the bubble she traveled underwater in I meant to say:

Shaping water into an air filled sphere to breathe and manipulating the ocean medium.

Looking back at it's actually Ororo manipulating and shaping the surface of the water into a sphere to hold in the air before she submerged.

Alright, updated it. Also corrected a few scan duplicates, added a few scans to the "Electron manipulation and bio-electricity"(lightning through the pipes, return stroke ground strike, and lightning without affecting kitty). Added a few more scans to the "immunity" and "Subconscious/Communion" section"(and corrected a few grammatical errors there), and the heat bomb feat from Wood's X-men run in the "Thermal/Internal Energy" section.

@thunderbolt30:

Yes, this is a pretty epic feat. Just thinking what sort of damage she could do with this level of precision and control is just scary.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: Awesome :-)! Thanks for the update. This has to be one of, if not the most, comprehensive collection of a character's power history and progressive development than any other site/forum.

@storm_calling@peerlessone Opening up the ozone layer and the magnetosphere was bad-a$$ on so many levels! Can you impagine if she used this on someone during combat (i.e. - Magneto or Polaris to weaken the effectiveness of his EM control) :-D...

PeerlessOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I really would love to see this used against someone like Magneto or Polaris or even one of the heavy hitting super strong/invulnerable types (Carol Danvers, Nova). I think she could do a surprising number of things to subdue and/or nullify them).Hopefully, that is on the horizon soon.

Also, we now know that she can maintain a breathable atmosphere underwater. Could she do that a super high altitudes (in outer space), in a volcanic plume?

Now, could a Venetian, Jovian or Saturnian weather effect on Earth be in the works (e.g. 1200mph winds, making is rain methane)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjAW28S8PnQ (short clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH9HjfYjhX4 (long, but really interesting)

@jhazzroucher: How so? Who is the next villain?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I really would love to see this used against someone like Magneto or Polaris or even one of the heavy hitting super strong/invulnerable types (Carol Danvers, Nova). I think she could do a surprising number of things to subdue and/or nullify them).Hopefully, that is on the horizon soon.

Also, we now know that she can maintain a breathable atmosphere underwater. Could she do that a super high altitudes (in outer space), in a volcanic plume?

Now, could a Venetian, Jovian or Saturnian weather effect on Earth be in the works (e.g. 1200mph winds, making is rain methane)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjAW28S8PnQ (short clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH9HjfYjhX4 (long, but really interesting)

@jhazzroucher: How so? Who is the next villain?

I don't know who but I'm hopeful that Mr Pak will give us an awesome ending of the series. :)

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"When the Sinister feat didn't come yet, Storm fans weren't believing that Storm can fry one's brain while I already have been posting that she could, that she can take out the oxygen from one's lungs, etc"

Every bone in your body is made of LIES

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white_mage: who the hell said that? Hell, since that energy sight bit in XXM we've been waiting lmao.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white_mage: luckily, i cant post gifs...........but picture rasputia putting salt on her pizza and that is my reaction...

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha well would you look at that. Storm man she is not to be played with. I love her so much such fine control especially when under pressure. Well done Storm.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"When the Sinister feat didn't come yet, Storm fans weren't believing that Storm can fry one's brain while I already have been posting that she could, that she can take out the oxygen from one's lungs, etc"

Haha right....I read that and was like...

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white_mage said:

Haha right....I read that and was like...

No Caption Provided

lol at you guys. :) Hi White Mage. ! :)

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i demand more storm goodness. this thread is gold!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i demand more storm goodness. this thread is gold!

Oh yeah! :)

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1134  Edited By butterflykyss
    Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1135  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

I demand heart attacks come next. Or paralysis .. Or more seizures? Lul. Screw that. Tornado in the stomach. Or Evil Lyn with a twist ~

"Desert winds at my command shred these lungs with walls of sand!"...who do I have to pay for this to happen?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I demand heart attacks come next. Or paralysis .. Or more seizures? Lul. Screw that. Tornado in the stomach. Or Evil Lyn with a twist ~

"Desert winds at my command shred these lungs with walls of sand!"...who do I have to pay for this to happen?

I want Storm to be able to turn off ones powers.

She should be able to do that.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone saw superman vs Manchester Black? Supes did something to the part of the brain where the powers come from ..if Storm can now cause seizures, i see no reason why she couldn't stop the electricity from flowing to that area... That is how it works yes?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone saw superman vs Manchester Black? Supes did something to the part of the brain where the powers come from ..if Storm can now cause seizures, i see no reason why she couldn't stop the electricity from flowing to that area... That is how it works yes?

Storm should be able to as well as turn off ones powers.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: ummm how the hell is superman affecting a person brain????

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1140  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: storm stopping the flow of electrcity to a specific part of the brain would be a very interesting growth to this application of her powers. Nice idea Mal :-)!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that Storm said this: I can rip the air from your lungs with the force of a hurricane. I can cascade the electrical impulses in your brains and induce a violent seizure. I can freeze your hearts and shatter your veins. Surrender Logan to us.

It only means she can do what Superman did as well as stop mutants from using their powers.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: that means nothing. It's not logical to say she can do something unless she does it. This is like saying she could reverse polarity even though she's never done it on panel.

@thunderbolt30: Thanks :3. Even if she doesn't.. Paralysis is a must.

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1144  Edited By maaask12

This thread is breathtaking.

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: that means nothing. It's not logical to say she can do something unless she does it. This is like saying she could reverse polarity even though she's never done it on panel.

@thunderbolt30: Thanks :3. Even if she doesn't.. Paralysis is a must.

But she can. I believe she has done it before.

Also, Storm can definitely create fire.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: I see it going both ways. I believe storm can do that, but why say that to a group of people either to scare them or purposely to make a statement letting them know the storm you knew is gone and I will kill in ways you can't imagine. And to top it off one of the things she listed she actually did it to someone to let them know she ain't playing. But that's me

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saying she can do something even supposedly within her abilities means nothing until she did it.

It's all speculation. Storm #8 proved she has direct control over magnetism. Before that? Saying she did would've been irrelevant because she hadn't demonstrated it.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Well after what she did to Sinister I pretty much believe whatever she says she can do LOL

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Well after what she did to Sinister I pretty much believe whatever she says she can do LOL

I agree with stormphoenix , malachi. :)

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: I agree with you and Stormphoenix too. If Storm said she can make someones blood boil like lava or drop 20 tons of snow of someone, she should be able to do it without a problem. Storm should know what she has the ability to do.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.