Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

The Thermodynamics, Mechanics and Feats of Storm's powers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I want Mr Pak to have Storm go to space. :)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I want Mr Pak to have Storm go to space. :)

yes!!!!!!!!!! hallelujah!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: agreed :-). Next Wednesday will be a day of days. I want him to explore what other air,electric, water, and temp elementals to done and see if he can potray those power applications in Storm's elemental abilities or inspire a new and creative way to use her powers.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: agreed :-). Next Wednesday will be a day of days. I want him to explore what other air,electric, water, and temp elementals to done and see if he can potray those power applications in Storm's elemental abilities or inspire a new and creative way to use her powers.

Just like how Aang and Korra trained for each elements, :)

azaritorrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

azaritorrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix:

the xmen were placed in an alternate universe/reaity. upon realizing the true nature of things they were pushed out of this alternate and brought back to their correct one.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#808  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waiting for @roddy010 and @thunderbolt30 to edit the feats department and add the ones she did today like ..

No Caption Provided

Lol I sent a post to Roddy on the OP but I can post some scans to this page later this evening. The one he mentioned about the weather responding to her inner needs is a very interesting showing of her powers to add here. Also we'll need to update her wiki page now that her solo is here. And I am thiking her intro needs a little clean up. Some of the wording needs a bit more finessing and structrue, and her powers are not just limited to energy. She controls the forces, the physical and energetic, that pattern the weather, and that was revisited in her solo. I think it's the perfect time to clarify that.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#812  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@malachi_munroe said:

waiting for @roddy010 and @thunderbolt30 to edit the feats department and add the ones she did today like ..

No Caption Provided

Lol I sent a post to Roddy on the OP but I can post some scans to this page later this evening. The one he mentioned about the weather responding to her inner needs is a very interesting showing of her powers to add here. Also we'll need to update her wiki page now that her solo is here. And I am thiking her intro needs a little clean up. Some of the wording needs a bit more finessing and structrue, and her powers are not just limited to energy. She controls the forces, the physical and energetic, that pattern the weather, and that was revisited in her solo. I think it's the perfect time to clarify that.

and now i can shut "*cough* having control over thermokinesis on a molecular level is a feat far more impressive than her dropping the temp in the lower environment" tf up ...HA!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: I sent the other scans to @roddy010 last night so we'll have this thread updated when he has a chance. And them maybe next week we can discuss them in a non-spoilery way.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: I sent the other scans to @roddy010 last night so we'll have this thread updated when he has a chance. And them maybe next week we can discuss them in a non-spoilery way.

ermagerd yas!!!!!!!!!

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I will update later tonight guys.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#816  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@roddy010 said:

I will update later tonight guys.

HALLELUJAHHHHHHHHHH!
    HALLELUJAHHHHHHHHHH!
    No Caption Provided

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I think this may be a bit of over interpretation. I think Storm was speaking metaphorically, not really the weather subconsciously identifying her desired location and taking her there. I also don't think, as it has been suggested that she slept in the air while maintaining herself aloft.

There really isn't any evidence for these conclusions. Don't get me wrong. I am very eager to see what the next evolution and display of her powers will be. But this really seems like complete conjecture.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I think this may be a bit of over interpretation. I think Storm was speaking metaphorically, not really the weather subconsciously identifying her desired location and taking her there. I also don't think, as it has been suggested that she slept in the air while maintaining herself aloft.

There really isn't any evidence for these conclusions. Don't get me wrong. I am very eager to see what the next evolution and display of her powers will be. But this really seems like complete conjecture.

i would love that she's able to sleep in the skies ... :3

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yaaaa Peerless :-)! I was wondering when you would pop in after the solo got released. What did you think?

On your point... I don't think it's conjecture at all. The panel stated:

"I let the storm carry me all night. And in the morning I find myself exactly where I wanted it to take me."

This doesn't sound metaphorical at all IMO. She could have just said that she flew there on the wind vs stating that she let the storm carry her (indication of that she was not exercising conscious control) and found herself where she wanted to be (also no indication of conscious control).

The sleeping part I agree with but the weather responding to her subconscious desire is correct, and there is a precedence for that. Besides weather reflecting her emotions, which she has to maintain a level of concious control of so the atmosphere doesn't rage out of control, I recall with Roguestorm that the weather responded to her subconscious demand for power and desire to be free, and that resulted in a massive storm being generated.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#820  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@thunderbolt30: still can't get over the air molecules ish ...WE'RE GETTING OUR PYROKINESIS TB!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#821  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@malachi_munroe: Lol I would love that. Spontaneous combustion for the win :-).

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#823  Edited By Roddy010

Sorry guys I won't be able to update until my laptop is fixed :/ for some reason the Nook erases all the images I uploaded and it will be a pain in the ass (and not the good kind ;)) to upload all those images via Nook. However I may have another alternative. :)

As for the discussion, Pak gave multiple examples of her power working subconsciously.

1. In one of the first few lines she say every nerve of her body is connected to the wind/water vapor.

2. When her wind collided with the tsunami every muscle in her body screamed in pain.

3. She agitated the air molecules in the mansion subconsciously

4. She rode a Storm to Africa over night without even trying.

These are all clear examples of her powers working beyond conscious thought. I'm glad Pak touched on this side of her powerset.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: that's sucks that all the singes got erased :-(...sorry to hear that. We are just gettin' the business with our pc's or internet service these days.

And agreed on the weather being connected and responding to Storm's subconscious.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I enjoyed the first issue. I think it did give a great insight into the complexity of Storm. The language was right, although the "it's all good," thing was weird. I thought the power display was great--a great harbinger of things to come. The issue also showed that she wears LOTS of hats and feels deeply about her purpose and responsibilities to others and to her own code. The art was really good, but the colors were muddy to me. Storm looked good, though I do miss the more uber beautiful exotica thing (minor point though, and there are so many interpretations). I look forward to what's next.

@roddy010: I do agree that the weather responds to Storm's unconscious mind and mood. The fact that she would not have a clue to where she was going just sounds highly unlikely. She can pinpoint her location globally and track moving objects through the atmosphere across continents, yet she "happens" to find herself in a location that she had a significant emotional reaction to without surprise--really? Did she subconsciously because the tsunami because she is stressed about the state of the mutant community too?

I can she her doing this even at a time if "fight or flight" or some life threatening situation, but this just seems like stretching. I don't think we have to stretch, she is plenty fantastic with it.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#826  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@roddy010 said:

Sorry guys I won't be able to update until my laptop is fixed :/ for some reason the Nook erases all the images I uploaded and it will be a pain in the ass (and not the good kind ;)) to upload all those images via Nook. However I may have another alternative. :)

As for the discussion, Pak gave multiple examples of her power working subconsciously.

1. In one of the first few lines she say every nerve of her body is connected to the wind/water vapor.

2. When her wind collided with the tsunami every muscle in her body screamed in pain.

3. She agitated the air molecules in the mansion subconsciously

4. She rode a Storm to Africa over night without even trying.

These are all clear examples of her powers working beyond conscious thought. I'm glad Pak touched on this side of her powerset.

No Caption Provided

@peerless1 i agree .. my only issue with what i've seen are the colors .. they should've been a bit softer..

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I enjoyed the first issue. I think it did give a great insight into the complexity of Storm. The language was right, although the "it's all good," thing was weird. I thought the power display was great--a great harbinger of things to come. The issue also showed that she wears LOTS of hats and feels deeply about her purpose and responsibilities to others and to her own code. The art was really good, but the colors were muddy to me. Storm looked good, though I do miss the more uber beautiful exotica thing (minor point though, and there are so many interpretations). I look forward to what's next.

@roddy010: I do agree that the weather responds to Storm's unconscious mind and mood. The fact that she would not have a clue to where she was going just sounds highly unlikely. She can pinpoint her location globally and track moving objects through the atmosphere across continents, yet she "happens" to find herself in a location that she had a significant emotional reaction to without surprise--really? Did she subconsciously because the tsunami because she is stressed about the state of the mutant community too?

I can she her doing this even at a time if "fight or flight" or some life threatening situation, but this just seems like stretching. I don't think we have to stretch, she is plenty fantastic with it.

I'm so glad that enjoyed the first issue. I wonder what we'll expect on Storm #2. But I;m most excited on Storm #4

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#828  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@roddy010 New temp feat for storm roddy! a thermal bomb(?) that gave multiple people heatstroke and decimated parts of the forest .. also for her connections department because she didn't want to harm it if it was sentient or could feel pain ..

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@devilsgrin81 check this out! @butterflykyss

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Finally. I don't think she has used heat since Inferno. Yes. The versatility is at work. Let the weather wonders continue.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#832  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@malachi_munroe: Finally. I don't think she has used heat since Inferno. Yes. The versatility is at work. Let the weather wonders continue.

YASSSSSSSS! it had me like ...

No Caption Provided

.. i can't believe that .. it came off as an oxygen bomb O_o considering anole couldn't really breathe when she started .. CELEBRATE!!!!!!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quoted for awesome :-)! Yes! Finally we see her using heat in an offensive way. Super heated air explosion for the win.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 New temp feat for storm roddy! a thermal bomb(?) that gave multiple people heatstroke and decimated parts of the forest .. also for her connections department because she didn't want to harm it if it was sentient or could feel pain ..

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@devilsgrin81 check this out!

wow! Awesome! Wood is awesome!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The other feat is that Storm can emit light from her eyes, making it function like a flashlight. hahaha. Joke!
    No Caption Provided

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm liking all the play Storm is getting in the Marvel universe these days. This bodes well. Well indeed. Cosmic display anyone?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm liking all the play Storm is getting in the Marvel universe these days. This bodes well. Well indeed. Cosmic display anyone?

YES!!!!!!!!!!! but i want it to be more creative .. we've gotten enough cosmic lightning lass :/

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES!!!! We are long long over due. We haven't seen anything form her with respect to space weather since her time as a member of the FF under McDuffie.

Whoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#839  Edited By Whoa

Wait why exactly did she heat up the forest?

Awesome feat! I got to pick up X-Men :)

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoa: She was attempting to stop the forest from attacking. It was part of some system link to their enemy The Future. The forest become a semi-conscious weapon that could adjust its attack to an enemy. Storm created some type of natural heat attack to stop it because plants would be sensitive to the extreme heat (dehydration, destruction of chloroplasts and of course a brush fire) that could destroy the plant mass that was attacking them.

She could also take out massive amounts of his human militia forces with a massive heat wave.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoa: She was attempting to stop the forest from attacking. It was part of some system link to their enemy The Future. The forest become a semi-conscious weapon that could adjust its attack to an enemy. Storm created some type of natural heat attack to stop it because plants would be sensitive to the extreme heat (dehydration, destruction of chloroplasts and of course a brush fire) that could destroy the plant mass that was attacking them.

She could also take out massive amounts of his human militia forces with a massive heat wave.

Indeed...2 dozen heat strokes for the win.

Whoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@peerless1: Wow, that sounds incredible!

Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it :)

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indeed that heat wave/explosion was all the more impressive. I love the fact that she could increase the temperature to such deadly extremes. I belive the last time we've seen her use heat for an attack was during Inferno where she created equatorial heat. (70-90 degrees which is not that hot iirc) I'm happy for this new development and this means she will definitely cause Iceman hell lol.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#844  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@roddy010 said:

Indeed that heat wave/explosion was all the more impressive. I love the fact that she could increase the temperature to such deadly extremes. I belive the last time we've seen her use heat for an attack was during Inferno where she created equatorial heat. (70-90 degrees which is not that hot iirc) I'm happy for this new development and this means she will definitely cause Iceman hell lol.

i agree on the equatorial heat .. i've been stuck in it for 17 years and not once have i thought about having heatstroke .. i hope its air molecule manipulation .. that would make it all the more impressive.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe:

@roddy010 said:

70-90 fahrenheit isn't particularly hot at all... in celcius tho, it could be lethal.

oh and you're acclimated to it mala. high heat wouldn't bother you... but legitimate cold would affect you significantly faster.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe:

@roddy010 said:

70-90 fahrenheit isn't particularly hot at all... in celcius tho, it could be lethal.

oh and you're acclimated to it mala. high heat wouldn't bother you... but legitimate cold would affect you significantly faster.

what if i told you .. i'm a mutie XD no seriously .. when i had IT class in that Air Condition .. if you were going inside and you didn't have a jacket you're going to be miserable, i was legitimately comfortable in my uniform and my best friend would sit next to me and be like "why you so warm?" i was like meh ..

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#847  Edited By jhazzroucher

How about her flight speed, wasn't Storm able to fly from Santo Marco to Jean grey school and back again to Santo Marco in a short time?

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about her flight speed, wasn't Storm able to fly from Santo Marco to Jean grey school and back again to Santo Marco in a short time?

pretty sure she was in the x-jet for the first trip...

Storm is capable of flying as fast as winds can travel...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

what is the speed of the fastest wind?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

what is the speed of the fastest wind?

whats the most powerful wind speed of a tornado or hurricane? .. but i wonder if her flight follows the same principles as the orbits of planets, like the closer to the center the faster it goes or something like that..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.