The Perfect Storm Movie

• 167 results
#101 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10506 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage: We need a Shadow King break for a good while. He has plagued Storm and Betsy for the longest and their rogues can use a bit of a brush-up and maybe some new faces. Candra is someone I hope makes a come back. Wit hehr powerset she should have gotten a better deal than the demise she got. Her TK could alter genes, control fire, control minds as disciplined and strong as Cyclops, and the raw TK to stand up to powerful attacks from Storm. I think marvel could work with this under the right director. What do you think of a Joss Whedon or Jon Favreau directed Storm film?

I think either one would be fine. Storm has had some pretty humorous moments during her time with the X-Men, and Joss has shown his ability to write "magic" characters with pretty much little to no problem at all. He would be great for her weather powers, and her on screen action. I think it would be nice to have her as the center of an X-Men film for that matter........that would be beautiful, actually.lol

So much potential good with that approach. Give her a good team cast to work with but make her the focal point and main character. I can see Whedon giving her some epic destruction scenes like in the Day After Tomorrow just to showcase the kind of power the character wields. Even with the limitations that can come with being a black female superheroine I think an X-Movie with her as the focus and the right story and epic power displays and combat prowess would be a big hit.

If not a Storm solo movie (at least as of right now), what would you think of Storm getting an animated movie (like Dr. Strange or Wonder Woman) with a story arc by Chris Yost and the creative team that managed the Avatar The last Airbender cartoon series?

.................I'd whore myself to the entire production team if that happened

Lol...you and me both! I don't think dr.Strange is as popular as Storm is, thoguh he is an interesting character, so him getting an animated movie and not Storm...:-(....if only I had the means to make that happen.

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@White Mage said:
Yes, I think so. Like I said, hard to tell anything about a character who has no lines and yet is consistently around for the whole film.

Ohmyraaaaahhhhh!!! I liked Arclight in X3. They should not have killed her off. What would you think of Candra as a main antagonist for a Storm centric movie? I think she has the history with Ororo that can be further built on and the powerset to be a serious threat considering how powerful her TK was. And I also believe she has demonstrated mind control and genearated flames.

I loved her too! Arclight's powers were amazing, and I loved her androgynous look............................and I would LOVE for Candra to be Storm's enemy.......She would actually make a lot of sense. And it'd definitely be a change from Shadowking.lol

Anybody but the shadowking GEESH!!! That's a dead horse.

Lol. What would you think of a completely new nemesis that has geokinetic powers (Storm's "elemental" opposite if you will)? I think a character like that could make a good match for her.

#102 Posted by jhazzroucher (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage: We need a Shadow King break for a good while. He has plagued Storm and Betsy for the longest and their rogues can use a bit of a brush-up and maybe some new faces. Candra is someone I hope makes a come back. Wit hehr powerset she should have gotten a better deal than the demise she got. Her TK could alter genes, control fire, control minds as disciplined and strong as Cyclops, and the raw TK to stand up to powerful attacks from Storm. I think marvel could work with this under the right director. What do you think of a Joss Whedon or Jon Favreau directed Storm film?

I think either one would be fine. Storm has had some pretty humorous moments during her time with the X-Men, and Joss has shown his ability to write "magic" characters with pretty much little to no problem at all. He would be great for her weather powers, and her on screen action. I think it would be nice to have her as the center of an X-Men film for that matter........that would be beautiful, actually.lol

So much potential good with that approach. Give her a good team cast to work with but make her the focal point and main character. I can see Whedon giving her some epic destruction scenes like in the Day After Tomorrow just to showcase the kind of power the character wields. Even with the limitations that can come with being a black female superheroine I think an X-Movie with her as the focus and the right story and epic power displays and combat prowess would be a big hit.

If not a Storm solo movie (at least as of right now), what would you think of Storm getting an animated movie (like Dr. Strange or Wonder Woman) with a story arc by Chris Yost and the creative team that managed the Avatar The last Airbender cartoon series?

.................I'd whore myself to the entire production team if that happened

Lol...you and me both! I don't think dr.Strange is as popular as Storm is, thoguh he is an interesting character, so him getting an animated movie and not Storm...:-(....if only I had the means to make that happen.

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@White Mage said:
Yes, I think so. Like I said, hard to tell anything about a character who has no lines and yet is consistently around for the whole film.

Ohmyraaaaahhhhh!!! I liked Arclight in X3. They should not have killed her off. What would you think of Candra as a main antagonist for a Storm centric movie? I think she has the history with Ororo that can be further built on and the powerset to be a serious threat considering how powerful her TK was. And I also believe she has demonstrated mind control and genearated flames.

I loved her too! Arclight's powers were amazing, and I loved her androgynous look............................and I would LOVE for Candra to be Storm's enemy.......She would actually make a lot of sense. And it'd definitely be a change from Shadowking.lol

Lol. What would you think of a completely new nemesis that has geokinetic powers (Storm's "elemental" opposite if you will)? I think a character like that could make a good match for her.

I prefer Shadow King to be Storm's first opponent

#103 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@White Mage said:

I love Dr. Strange, but I never saw his movie.lol...............If I could give you the power, then I would.lol

a geokinetic would be awesome for Storm to have as a nemesis. Like, a cross between Avalanche and Poison Ivy.

#104 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@White Mage said:

I prefer Shadow King to be Storm's first opponent

He's pointless without having people with relevance to possess..................Candra is her own b*tch, so she would be better for a TRULY solo film

#105 Edited by Storm Calling (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage:

I don't believe he is either, and I thought the Dr. Strange film was great. They should have went with the X-men Origins animated DTVs that were rumored years ago with the Wolverine movie.

I also like the elemental opposite idea for Storm. A character with powerful fire and earth abilities would be cool.

#106 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10506 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage:

I don't believe he is either, and I thought the Dr. Strange film was great. They should have went with the X-men Origins animated DTVs that were rumored years ago with the Wolverine movie.

I also like the elemental opposite idea for Storm. A character with powerful fire and earth abilities would be cool.

Dr.Strange was GOOD.

That's what I was thinking, though an earth manipulator who can also control plantlife is also an interesintg take. I was thinking of a more powerful Magma-esque opponent. A male or female who can control of heat and allows for flight, flame projection, seismic beams, earth manipulation, control existing and create magma, generate earthquakes, create volcanoes, etc. A team up of characters who can control the sky AND the ground would be freaking EPIC, let alone them going all out on each other.

#107 Posted by Storm Calling (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

Dr.Strange was GOOD.

That's what I was thinking, though an earth manipulator who can also control plantlife is also an interesintg take. I was thinking of a more powerful Magma-esque opponent. A male or female who can control of heat and allows for flight, flame projection, seismic beams, earth manipulation, control existing and create magma, generate earthquakes, create volcanoes, etc. A team up of characters who can control the sky AND the ground would be freaking EPIC, let alone them going all out on each other.

Earth, Fire, and Plant control would be pretty bada$$ and unique, I would love for it to be a more complicated approach. like the character being bitter for the way mankind has been treating nature and mutants in general. Could be a pretty epic concept.

#108 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10506 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

Dr.Strange was GOOD.

Earth, Fire, and Plant control would be pretty bada$$ and unique, I would love for it to be a more complicated approach. like the character being bitter for the way mankind has been treating nature and mutants in general. Could be a pretty epic concept.

See marvel needs to HIRE US as their creatve development team for all things Storm ;-P...that sounds amazing. Speaking of plant control what do you think of Blackheath in Ultimate X-Men? I am hoping for a hook up with him and Storm, though they are on opposing sides of the reservation.

#109 Posted by Storm Calling (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: I still haven't caught up with Ultimate X-men. lol

Who exactly is he?

#110 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10506 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

Who exactly is he?

Lol...you NEED to get this title. Wood is, again, handlin' his business. Blackheath is a mutant who can control and manipulate plants. Being in the middle of a barren irradiated desert and the natural weather conditions not providing sufficent moisture to support life the mutants were struggling to grow their own food in the reseveration, which had been tasked to Storm, Blackheath and this other mutant Zero. In the current story arc, Storm was able to pull together enough moisture for them to create a small green house and Blackheath and Zero has been experimenting with plants to create a super seed (I forgot what they named it) that can grow and develop in ANY environment. His powers have sooo much potential. He was trying to recruit Storm to join the faction of mutants at the Reservation who are against Kitty (lead by one of Wood's creator own mutant's Mach Teo). Storm of course told him to F.O. but I see some potential between them. This is him...

#111 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

Who exactly is he?

Lol...you NEED to get this title. Wood is, again, handlin' his business. Blackheath is a mutant who can control and manipulate plants. Being in the middle of a barren irradiated desert and the natural weather conditions not providing sufficent moisture to support life the mutants were struggling to grow their own food in the reseveration, which had been tasked to Storm, Blackheath and this other mutant Zero. In the current story arc, Storm was able to pull together enough moisture for them to create a small green house and Blackheath and Zero has been experimenting with plants to create a super seed (I forgot what they named it) that can grow and develop in ANY environment. His powers have sooo much potential. He was trying to recruit Storm to join the faction of mutants at the Reservation who are against Kitty (lead by one of Wood's creator own mutant's Mach Teo). Storm of course told him to F.O. but I see some potential between them. This is him...

I kinda like him and hate him at the same time, The hair is epic though.

#112 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10506 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: That is the feature that I also like and stands out about the character. Part of me thinks he will defect to team Kitty.

#113 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991: That is the feature that I also like and stands out about the character. Part of me thinks he will defect to team Kitty.

I wouldn't be opposed to some bowchikawowow. Plus he is basically Poison Ivy with a penis which is actually pretty awesome.

#114 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to some bowchikawowow. Plus he is basically Poison Ivy with a penis which is actually pretty awesome.

I always wanted a sexy male poison ivy......with a penis

#115 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Great you made me google Rule 63 Poison Ivy

....... Well I like Manly Quinn's hat.

#116 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10506 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

LOL didn't think about that way but agreed.

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

You would ya' harlot :-P!

#117 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Great you made me google Rule 63 Poison Ivy

....... Well I like Manly Quinn's hat.

YESSSSS!!!

#118 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I'm honest about my desires.lol

#119 Posted by jhazzroucher (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I'm honest about my desires.lol

rofl! : )

#120 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

My Storm movie would open with a small gathering of family and friends at the wedding of her parents. They are a lovely couple enjoying family food and dancing. Next scene the newlyweds move to Africa excitedly as her father gets a major gig for an international news corp and her joins an agency empowering the local women. Cut ahead a few years and we see their delightful toddler with the white locks that whisper is a 'special' child. Now an adolescent she is becoming a lovely young woman but her parents try to shield her as best they can so she can have a normal life. They fear for her and her emerging gifts knowing people would want to hurt or use her. Moms work has made her enemies of those opposed to women gaining independence and her father is ill trusted as he reports what many do not want exposed and they are car bombed. Storm witnesses it and escapes with but the clothes on her back.

From there we get into the movie proper with her wanderings and adventures. She becomes a thief. A survivor. A goddess.

#121 Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower: great idea! thanks for the feedback :-)

#122 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

My Storm movie would open with a small gathering of family and friends at the wedding of her parents. They are a lovely couple enjoying family food and dancing. Next scene the newlyweds move to Africa excitedly as her father gets a major gig for an international news corp and her joins an agency empowering the local women. Cut ahead a few years and we see their delightful toddler with the white locks that whisper is a 'special' child. Now an adolescent she is becoming a lovely young woman but her parents try to shield her as best they can so she can have a normal life. They fear for her and her emerging gifts knowing people would want to hurt or use her. Moms work has made her enemies of those opposed to women gaining independence and her father is ill trusted as he reports what many do not want exposed and they are car bombed. Storm witnesses it and escapes with but the clothes on her back.

From there we get into the movie proper with her wanderings and adventures. She becomes a thief. A survivor. A goddess.

............I find myself loving this.LOL

Me being me, I would still add N'Dare's royal heritage/powerful bloodline, but I would still love this particular setup. It's modern, and drama filled.

#123 Posted by Storm Calling (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

Who exactly is he?

Sorry I'm replying to this late, I forgot all about this discussion(moving to the new house and nonsense). He sounds very cool. I will definitely be planning to pick up those back issues we talked about awhile back.

#124 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10506 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling: I think you will like it. Not sure if you have seen the 80's movie or the recent remake this past Thanksgiving but Wood has this "Red Dawn" feel to the characterization of Storm, kitty, Rogue and Jimmy Howlett (Ult. Wolverine's son), and is building a similar feel of intense tension between the mutants on the "Utopia" reservation similar to what he did with Storm's previous/current security X-Men team.

#125 Posted by jhazzroucher (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

from an alternate universe, YES! : )

#126 Posted by Roddy010 (5250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Agent9149 said:

Can you see Beyoncé as storm?

#127 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@Agent9149 said:

Can you see Beyoncé as storm?

LMAO

#128 Posted by jhazzroucher (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonce as Storm? of course I do.

#129 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Beyonce as Storm? of course I do.

Of course YOU do

#130 Posted by jhazzroucher (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage, rofl! : )

#131 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage, rofl! : )

Her acting is as rehearsed as her singing........only her singing is actually GOOD

She's not a good actress at all. She's passable in some moments, but she's not good.

#132 Posted by jhazzroucher (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonce can nail it especially if the scripts are good

#133 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Beyonce can nail it especially if the scripts are good

NO SHE CAN'T. Just because she's beautiful doesn't mean she can act! Have you heard speaking voice? Absolutely not

#134 Posted by jhazzroucher (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage, her voice is better than Halle's though, more fitting for a Storm voice.

#135 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage, her voice is better than Halle's though, more fitting for a Storm voice.

She has no vocal variety! Which is interesting, considering her singing ability

Your'e making me question you even more

#136 Posted by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I can totally see Storm speaking in Houston diction.

Stormyonce: Ah'm Stome Gawduss uv da elly ments.

#137 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jalysia said:

Yeah, I can totally see Storm speaking in Houston diction.

Stormyonce: Ah'm Stome Gawduss uv da elly ments.

LAWL!!!

#138 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

Me being me, I would still add N'Dare's royal heritage/powerful bloodline, but I would still love this particular setup. It's modern, and drama filled.

One of them could be the seemingly creepy nanny holding secrets.

#139 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@StormyWeather said:

@PassionFlower: great idea! thanks for the feedback :-)

Most welcome that was fun.

#140 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

One of them could be the seemingly creepy nanny holding secrets.

LOL

#141 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Now my movie ending would not be her joining the X Men rather it would show the movie was her reminiscing as she is about to leave the Institute setting off on her own. Maybe to explore her N'Dare connection...

#142 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

Now my movie ending would not be her joining the X Men rather it would show the movie was her reminiscing as she is about to leave the Institute setting off on her own. Maybe to explore her N'Dare connection...

I wouldn't complain about your movie.lol

#143 Posted by jhazzroucher (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

the ending will be Storm saving the whole world

#144 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

All we need is a major studio we can do this.

#145 Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower: right!! lol, thats a good idea mind you! i like that :-)

#146 Posted by jhazzroucher (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

Disney?

#147 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@PassionFlower said:

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

Disney?

They got the resources why not. Now a director. Wheldon?

#148 Posted by TheHulk (802 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect Storm movie? Hulk thought you were talking about this film.

#149 Posted by jhazzroucher (15809 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@PassionFlower said:

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

Disney?

They got the resources why not. Now a director. Wheldon?

Whedon? why not.

#150 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@White Mage said:

@PassionFlower said:

Disney owns Marvel, so money would be no problem.lol

I say let James Cameron do it. He'll make it an epic with great graphics.lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.