Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

The Perfect Storm Movie

• 167 results
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Let's also not forget that Storm would have to be one of Xavier's FIRST new students.......meaning that she would have to be HELLA young when she joined his school.lol

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Decoy Elite
    @White Mage: I actually like the Ultimate version of how she got recruited. Then again that whole part with the recruiting of the members was the best bit in Ultimate X-Men.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Decoy Elite said:

@White Mage: I actually like the Ultimate version of how she got recruited. Then again that whole part with the recruiting of the members was the best bit in Ultimate X-Men.

.................Maybe he'll have one of his remaining students pick up a VERY young African pickpocket from a jail cell?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54  Edited By Decoy Elite
    @White Mage said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@White Mage: I actually like the Ultimate version of how she got recruited. Then again that whole part with the recruiting of the members was the best bit in Ultimate X-Men.

.................Maybe he'll have one of his remaining students pick up a VERY young African pickpocket from a jail cell?

There are worse ways for her to join the team. :V
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Decoy Elite said:

@White Mage said:

@Decoy Elite said:

There are worse ways for her to join the team. :V

......................I just got chills from this, actually.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By StormyWeather

@White Mage: interesting!!!! I think I'd have to agree

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By StormyWeather

I enjoyed your opinions, you all really having me thinking now, I didn't think Hugh Jackman was bad as Wolverine, is that what some of you are saying? but I am sick of him getting all these films

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@StormyWeather said:

I enjoyed your opinions, you all really having me thinking now, I didn't think Hugh Jackman was bad as Wolverine, is that what some of you are saying? but I am sick of him getting all these films

I'm saying I think he should be "bulky" big, and not "ripped".....I think it would look better

I'm also saying that I'm sick of seeing him in these movies front and center.lol

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By StormyWeather

@White Mage: now u know we comic fans know that, but movie writers won't LMAO

yea me too!!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@StormyWeather said:

@White Mage: now u know we comic fans know that, but movie writers won't LMAO

yea me too!!

They don't be listenin to us!

I bet any Storm origin story would be edited so that they don't come across as racist (even though she hung out with Masai tribesmen on more than one occasion.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By StormyWeather

@White Mage: LOL true I can already see articles online about how some thought it was "racist"

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@StormyWeather said:

@White Mage: LOL true I can already see articles online about how some thought it was "racist"

I had to fight that ish on here, AND on some parts of wikipedia

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@StormyWeather: Black Goddesses don't come from a damn city.lol

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Blood1991

A Storm film would work better as a drama than an action film. Some action sure, but the story of a young girl trying to make it on the streets a Cairo, realizing she has the ability to control the weather, falling in love with a prince. Battling a monster that jumps from person to person. It could be an emotional roller coaster if done well. The problem is that it would have to transcend being a "comic" movie into being a dramatic blockbuster, which I don't see happening.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Blood1991 said:

A Storm film would work better as a drama than an action film. Some action sure, but the story of a young girl trying to make it on the streets a Cairo, realizing she has the ability to control the weather, falling in love with a prince. Battling a monster that jumps from person to person. It could be an emotional roller coaster if done well. The problem is that it would have to transcend being a "comic" movie into being a dramatic blockbuster, which I don't see happening.

This is very true. Her early days aren't exactly "Prince of Persia" style. They are miserable, and in order for her to have a real chance at being seen as a "superhero", she'd have to interact with the X-Men at some point in time. Other than that, she'd be seen as a Goddess/Priestess...which is great and all, but not exactly what most superhero flicks go for.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I'd cast Blair Underwood as David, and someone like, maybe Kimberly Elise, to play N'Dare.........They'd definitely make a beautiful little baby

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#67  Edited By papad1992

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Agent9149 said:

Can you see Beyoncé as storm?

Can you picture a gun with 2 rounds in my hands?

YES!

YES!!!!!!!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@papad1992: Your avatar....I love it

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#69  Edited By papad1992

@White Mage said:

@papad1992: Your avatar....I love it

Thank you. Dani Moonstar is my favorite character!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#70  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@StormyWeather said:

I'm saying I think he should be "bulky" big, and not "ripped".....I think it would look better

I'm also saying that I'm sick of seeing him in these movies front and center.lol

me too.. but wolverine is the most popular xmen.... luckily, xmen first class demonstrated the x franchise can do well without wolvs being front and center

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@StormyWeather said:

me too.. but wolverine is the most popular xmen.... luckily, xmen first class demonstrated the x franchise can do well without wolvs being front and center

If they're going to make him front and center, then could he at LEAST have cool looking fights where he's not getting his a$$ kicked by woman after woman? He comes across as a swinging maniac, and not as a martial arts anything. Just a ripped clutz

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@StormyWeather said:

If they're going to make him front and center, then could he at LEAST have cool looking fights where he's not getting his a$$ kicked by woman after woman? He comes across as a swinging maniac, and not as a martial arts anything. Just a ripped clutz

hahahhahahaha excellent point.. he did get tossed by mystique.. lol

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@StormyWeather said:

hahahhahahaha excellent point.. he did get tossed by mystique.. lol

Tossed, ball kicked, and slammed. Deathstrike tapped that a$$ too. None of his fights were well choreographed. He's just like "I'm Wolverine! I don't need technique! slice-a-slice-a-slice-a-slice-a-slice-a-slice-a-slice-slice!"..........Gag me with a beet............and I hate beets, so that's 2 different kinds of "ew"

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By jhazzroucher

@StormyWeather said:

All Storm fans would love to see a Storm movie, that's a given.

Storm I think has a very interesting back story and history. If it were brought to life on the big screen I think it would be epic. We would just need great writers, GOOD special effects, and of course great acting.

The movie should start out with the witches that Ororo descends from. It is said that these witches were probably mutants. There should be a scene where they predict the birth of a powerful wind goddess (Storm, or her great grandmother many times removed). Of course this scene should take place many many years before the modern world is born.

Of course writers will "tweak" things a bit but they should show Ororo's mother N'Dare in her native Kenya and how she rebels against tradition and meets her husband, they fall in love, get married, move to New York and have Ororo. This to me should however be a small portion of the movie. Then of course have the tragic scene where they move to Cairo and her parents are killed.

Now the meat of Ororo's story comes! She is taken in by the band of thieves pick pockets and raised to be a thief. Then show how she grows into a young woman, wanders across Africa, her powers manifest, then she becomes the goddess figure for those tribes in Kenya. I think it be interesting to see the little things that happen to her along the way i.e. meeting T' Challa, almost being raped, meeting the Shadow King, Prof X.

Then of course when shes recruited to join the X-Men.

Now I know a lot of Storm fans did not like Eric Jerome Dickey's origin story because it was not consistent with some of the events depicted in the earlier X-Men comics that touched on Storm's origin story. But as you know movie writers won't stick with the comics anyway.

What would you like to see with a Storm movie? One idea I had was that a young Xavier and/or Magneto try to recruit the first Windrider to join them but she rejects them, then years later of course they discover Ororo. I mentioned that other Windrider in a previous blog I wrote.

I love it Jerome Dickey's Storm story too but some parts I didn't like what BP and Storm did in the forest.

I love the first part of the story and how skilled Storm is at lockpicking

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jhazzroucher

I want the end of the Storm movie Storm not showing up on the wedding with BP and went with Wolverine and kissed each other. : )

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76  Edited By poisonfleur

@White Mage said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@White Mage: Yeah, I was thinking she's a girl, but the design threw me off.

Ohmayra should have been Callisto, if they were going to really cast it right.

But, as Arclight, she was abused. You have a top model who is playing the role of an androgynous villain with badass powers, and you're going to group her with QUILL, and INVISALIGN rip off PSYLOCKE?!

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAA^^^^

At least Psylocke looked hawt.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By jhazzroucher

and i forgot, all the Storm fans in Comic Vine should have special appearances. : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@White Mage: Yeah, I was thinking she's a girl, but the design threw me off.

Ohmayra should have been Callisto, if they were going to really cast it right.

But, as Arclight, she was abused. You have a top model who is playing the role of an androgynous villain with badass powers, and you're going to group her with QUILL, and INVISALIGN rip off PSYLOCKE?!

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAA^^^^

At least Psylocke looked hawt.

Yes......as Phoenix turned her to ashes

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

and i forgot, all the Storm fans in Comic Vine should have special appearances. : )

..............Absolutely not.lol

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

fine. you will not be included. hahahah : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Walk-on cameos should be saved for people with relevance......I ain't about to be a background character. Call me when I can be someone with LINES

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Walk-on cameos should be saved for people with relevance......I ain't about to be a background character. Call me when I can be someone with LINES

buwahahaha. nice one but I already got the big role as Storm's boyfriend. : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

The one who gets killed off panel? lol

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

nope. You don't have the scripts cos you are not included. : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I don't have the scripts cause you LYIN.lol

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

in my mind, I'm not. : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

in my mind, I'm not. : )

Oh..........hunny............I know.lol

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Agenda said:

@Agent9149 said:

Not really lol

@Decoy Elite said:

The problem with a Storm movie is that she's so well integrated with the X-Men that her story is incomplete without the team. Even Wolverine(who's far less attached with the team) had to appear in an X-Men film before he got his own origin movie. Another problem is unlike Wolverine(whom I will continue to use as an example because he's the one that got the solo film so far) Storm doesn't have any real consist rivals to use as antagonists for the film. And her most notable foes that I know of, Callisto and Shadow King, don't really work as threats for a whole film. So she'd have to borrow a antagonist, which I don't think would most likely lead to a weakened plot. Personally I think the antagonist thing is the biggest issue because the origin part is always the slowest(and usually most boring) part of a superhero film and without a big time foe the movie will have to spend a good chunk of time building up said new foe.

I think I agree with you :3

I'd still like to see a movie about her, though, but you seem pretty on point... with your um... points.

We can still call the movie a Storm, movie if themovie is really centered on her despite of appearances of other x-men

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@Agenda said:

@Agent9149 said:

Not really lol

@Decoy Elite said:

The problem with a Storm movie is that she's so well integrated with the X-Men that her story is incomplete without the team. Even Wolverine(who's far less attached with the team) had to appear in an X-Men film before he got his own origin movie. Another problem is unlike Wolverine(whom I will continue to use as an example because he's the one that got the solo film so far) Storm doesn't have any real consist rivals to use as antagonists for the film. And her most notable foes that I know of, Callisto and Shadow King, don't really work as threats for a whole film. So she'd have to borrow a antagonist, which I don't think would most likely lead to a weakened plot. Personally I think the antagonist thing is the biggest issue because the origin part is always the slowest(and usually most boring) part of a superhero film and without a big time foe the movie will have to spend a good chunk of time building up said new foe.

I'd still like to see a movie about her, though, but you seem pretty on point... with your um... points.

We can still call the movie a Storm, movie if themovie is really centered on her despite of appearances of other x-men

It'd become an X-Men movie with a quickness. It seems more like what people want/need is an ensemble with her getting actual development

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Agenda said:

@Agent9149 said:

Not really lol

@Decoy Elite said:

It'd become an X-Men movie with a quickness. It seems more like what people want/need is an ensemble with her getting actual development

I still beg to disagree. We've got Storm mini series

Shadow King wasn't an interesting cillain for me but that was before I read x-men worlds apart. Shadow King would be an awesome villain.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Agenda said:

@Agent9149 said:

Not really lol

@Decoy Elite said:

I still beg to disagree. We've got Storm mini series

Shadow King wasn't an interesting cillain for me but that was before I read x-men worlds apart. Shadow King would be an awesome villain.

It doesn't matter that we have a Storm mini series. That was a comic. Having a full 1 hour and 30 minute movie won't work with just that series. And Shadowking isn't someone that she can defeat alone. She'd need the X-Men, which means it's just be a movie with her as the actual star.

Shadow King is very interesting, and he was interesting before World's Apart...he's got a horrific look that just works. However, just fighting Storm? Won't work. She needs an ensemble, so that she can be the standout

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage said:

@White Mage said:
    Yes, I think so. Like I said, hard to tell anything about a character who has no lines and yet is consistently around for the whole film.
    No Caption Provided

Ohmyraaaaahhhhh!!! I liked Arclight in X3. They should not have killed her off. What would you think of Candra as a main antagonist for a Storm centric movie? I think she has the history with Ororo that can be further built on and the powerset to be a serious threat considering how powerful her TK was. And I also believe she has demonstrated mind control and genearated flames.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@White Mage said:
    Yes, I think so. Like I said, hard to tell anything about a character who has no lines and yet is consistently around for the whole film.
    No Caption Provided

Ohmyraaaaahhhhh!!! I liked Arclight in X3. They should not have killed her off. What would you think of Candra as a main antagonist for a Storm centric movie? I think she has the history with Ororo that can be further built on and the powerset to be a serious threat considering how powerful her TK was. And I also believe she has demonstrated mind control and genearated flames.

I loved her too! Arclight's powers were amazing, and I loved her androgynous look............................and I would LOVE for Candra to be Storm's enemy.......She would actually make a lot of sense. And it'd definitely be a change from Shadowking.lol

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage: We need a Shadow King break for a good while. He has plagued Storm and Betsy for the longest and their rogues can use a bit of a brush-up and maybe some new faces. Candra is someone I hope makes a come back. Wit hehr powerset she should have gotten a better deal than the demise she got. Her TK could alter genes, control fire, control minds as disciplined and strong as Cyclops, and the raw TK to stand up to powerful attacks from Storm. I think marvel could work with this under the right director. What do you think of a Joss Whedon or Jon Favreau directed Storm film?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage: We need a Shadow King break for a good while. He has plagued Storm and Betsy for the longest and their rogues can use a bit of a brush-up and maybe some new faces. Candra is someone I hope makes a come back. Wit hehr powerset she should have gotten a better deal than the demise she got. Her TK could alter genes, control fire, control minds as disciplined and strong as Cyclops, and the raw TK to stand up to powerful attacks from Storm. I think marvel could work with this under the right director. What do you think of a Joss Whedon or Jon Favreau directed Storm film?

I think either one would be fine. Storm has had some pretty humorous moments during her time with the X-Men, and Joss has shown his ability to write "magic" characters with pretty much little to no problem at all. He would be great for her weather powers, and her on screen action. I think it would be nice to have her as the center of an X-Men film for that matter........that would be beautiful, actually.lol

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I think either one would be fine. Storm has had some pretty humorous moments during her time with the X-Men, and Joss has shown his ability to write "magic" characters with pretty much little to no problem at all. He would be great for her weather powers, and her on screen action. I think it would be nice to have her as the center of an X-Men film for that matter........that would be beautiful, actually.lol

So much potential good with that approach. Give her a good team cast to work with but make her the focal point and main character. I can see Whedon giving her some epic destruction scenes like in the Day After Tomorrow just to showcase the kind of power the character wields. Even with the limitations that can come with being a black female superheroine I think an X-Movie with her as the focus and the right story and epic power displays and combat prowess would be a big hit.

If not a Storm solo movie (at least as of right now), what would you think of Storm getting an animated movie (like Dr. Strange or Wonder Woman) with a story arc by Chris Yost and the creative team that managed the Avatar The last Airbender cartoon series?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@White Mage said:
    No Caption Provided

I loved her too! Arclight's powers were amazing, and I loved her androgynous look............................and I would LOVE for Candra to be Storm's enemy.......She would actually make a lot of sense. And it'd definitely be a change from Shadowking.lol

Anybody but the shadowking GEESH!!! That's a dead horse.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

So much potential good with that approach. Give her a good team cast to work with but make her the focal point and main character. I can see Whedon giving her some epic destruction scenes like in the Day After Tomorrow just to showcase the kind of power the character wields. Even with the limitations that can come with being a black female superheroine I think an X-Movie with her as the focus and the right story and epic power displays and combat prowess would be a big hit.

If not a Storm solo movie (at least as of right now), what would you think of Storm getting an animated movie (like Dr. Strange or Wonder Woman) with a story arc by Chris Yost and the creative team that managed the Avatar The last Airbender cartoon series?

.................I'd whore myself to the entire production team if that happened

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Love these ideas. So much potential!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.