Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10181 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

The Miseducation of Ororo Munroe

• 98 results
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By butterflykyss

@storm_calling: yah!!!! I thought u were, rutog from cbr lol. Thank you I can't wait to see your additions. I think this idea of her being too stronger is an excuse to be lazy in writing. I was somewhat under the impression marvel was purposefully trying to reel in her power displays, but all of those fears were removed with the storm ongoing.

and you are very missed on cbr

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbyants: I would love love love if tchalla made an appearance. I mean even though it was annulled they were married and I would say of the three men (logan, tchalla and forge) she has the deepest connection with tchalla.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: yah!!!! I thought u were, rutog from cbr lol. Thank you I can't wait to see your additions.

and you are very missed on cbr

Nope, that's Stormcell. Our names are so similar it's very easy to get confused. lol

And I've wanted to return to CBR for awhile now, but there is too much madness going on over there. I've been keeping an eye but haven't posted. Plus I ran into some more family drama last year, which put me out of online commission for two months. It's why the site(SG) hasn't been updated in awhile, but I've been working on it now.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By butterflykyss

@storm_calling: lolol oh that's why I was confused.

Well if you ever wanna talk you got me here and on fb. I hope things have gotten better for you. If i can't get you there on cbr I'm glad I have u here and on fb!

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Storm Calling

@butterflykyss said:

@storm_calling: lolol oh that's why I was confused.

Well if you ever wanna talk you got me here and on fb. I hope things have gotten better for you. If i can't get you there on cbr I'm glad I have u here and on fb!

They have gotten better, and I'm doing even better now than I was before it happened. Thanks :)

Going back into topic. One instance that stands out in recent memory was in the Vs issue between BP and Storm. The way Aaron had T'Challa neutralize her powers were completely implausible. He doesn't seem to have a good grasp of how her powers function as a whole. The instance in Amazing X-men only endorses that fact.

No Caption Provided

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: I'm glad things are well, friend :)

And those panels are burning my eyes. None of what was happening in the clouds should have affected her ability to create a torrential storm. And agreed he doesn't have any type of understanding on what and how her powers should work.

Awful

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@outside_85:

1.) Storm is still human. Someone could stab her and she could die as a result of that. Storm is usually measured in her power usage. Pak does a wonderful job in her ongoing demonstrating the vast amount of power she has but being thoughtful and not using it to not do unnecessary damage. Other writers could take similar approaches in writing her.

2.) Again,Storm is measured in her use of powers. She has only willfully taken the breathe of opponents and in both scenarios the situation was dire. She generally isn't using her powers in a bloodlusted fashion because she values life and she understands how catastrophic her powers could be if used irresponsibly. This can be shown without saying she needs weather for her powers to work.

3) I don't agree magic lightning is greater than normal. They have different properties but I don't think one could conclude one is greater than the other

1. And the point being? Because you have a truckload of other characters who are also just human when looking at how durable they are, but then they have powers that allow them to survive head on collisions with trains. Magneto for instance, Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey...
    2. So what's the point of complaining about her not taking away the air from a flying horse? Or being unaware of the general molecular composition of the atmosphere in the area?
    3. When one is projected by an actual god of the stuff? I think I could. :) Anyway's, the point was that when you add 'magic' to any mundane item, it tends to bypass regular immunities like that of Storm. It's the same with Superman, he can take normal lightning all day long and not feel it, but if it's something a magician threw at him then he's on his back.

Beautifully stated, Kyss! If some of the posters here actually knew Storm the way many of her fans do, then they would realize that she isn't unstoppable, irrespective to how powerful they think she can be. Pak showcases this beautifully in his Storm series. For all her powers, she is still human and very considerate of others and the repercussions that her choices could lead to.

Many writers have written compelling stories with Storm as the star while taking into consideration the majority she has been shown capable of achieving in the past. It all leads back to understanding the character and its weaknesses, which clearly most of the current crop of writers don't...

My point of engaging in this topic is the rather bizarre original post where Kyss posts a long line of examples of Storm being in one way or another kneecapped in situations she should have owned. And this is where I come in and point out that if Storm always fired on all cylinders, there wouldn't be much of a story, same way there wouldn't be if Jean had been firing on all of her cylinders.

@outside_85: she can't manipulate the weather of the entire solar system (thank god) she has to physically be some place in order to bond, understand and then manipulate.

Speaking of which, is her bonding time instantaneous? Or does it take time?

As some fans like to say on battleforums (and I might have seen the scan once), Storm has once manipulate the solar winds. So yeah, I would say she can affect the weather of a solar system (but perhaps not the finess to manipulate it on other planets without actually being near them).

Likewise, there is the often repeated feat of her containing something with the power of a nuke using only the pressure of the air.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@outside_85: she nearly gave herself a stroke from the nuke feat, because Jupiter level air pressure doesn't exist on earth.

And it's not really about finesse. She literally can't access atmospheres if she's not submerged in it (i.e her ocean current feat). She manipulated the ocean currents to lift the black bird out of the water after realizing that the ocean is essentially another atmosphere for her to play with. The second she broke the surface, she became aerokinetic once more.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Stormcell

@malachi_munroe said:

@outside_85: she nearly gave herself a stroke from the nuke feat, because Jupiter level air pressure doesn't exist on earth.

And it's not really about finesse. She literally can't access atmospheres if she's not submerged in it (i.e her ocean current feat). She manipulated the ocean currents to lift the black bird out of the water after realizing that the ocean is essentially another atmosphere for her to play with. The second she broke the surface, she became aerokinetic once more.

Actually, Storm controls moisture. There is no reason why she can't control the oceans while she is on land or flying through the air. She is attuned to the entire planet which would include the oceans. I have seen her control the surface tension of the ocean while not being submerged in it, for instance. No canon has ever stated she has to be underwater to control the oceans and that would not make sense. Heck, in "Storm #1", she said that she could have simply taken control of that tsunami wave and broken it in two. She doesn't have to be underwater to control the oceans.

@StormCalling

Whenever Aaron writes Storm, he always tries to come up with any desperate way to try and explain why she can't or won't use her powers. Even during the whole Skrull invasion thing when Wakanda was attacked, Storm's powers should have been front and center during that story arc, yet he had her sword fight rather rather than using her powers. That man should NEVER write Storm. If you ask me, its just lazy writing and maybe a bias towards the character.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. And the point being? Because you have a truckload of other characters who are also just human when looking at how durable they are, but then they have powers that allow them to survive head on collisions with trains. Magneto for instance, Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey...
    2. So what's the point of complaining about her not taking away the air from a flying horse? Or being unaware of the general molecular composition of the atmosphere in the area?
    3. When one is projected by an actual god of the stuff? I think I could. :) Anyway's, the point was that when you add 'magic' to any mundane item, it tends to bypass regular immunities like that of Storm. It's the same with Superman, he can take normal lightning all day long and not feel it, but if it's something a magician threw at him then he's on his back.

1.) The point being writers can still show her being vulnerable in ways that doesn't take away from showings and/or explanations of powers that has been established through canon. For example, instead of Storm not being able to use her powers in Hell because there was no weather, the explanation could be her powers were not usable because of a spell or some dark magic. The latter doesn't contradict previous explanations of how her powers work in canon, but it still allows the writer to explore what she is capable of without her powers.

2.) No one is complaining, it's an observations first. The point is simply demonstrating instances where her powers were used in a fashion that didn't make sense; or again inconsistencies in writing. Again, there are ways Storm can be taken out without making her look incompetent.

3.) The argument about Superman taking regular lightning is not true. I have scans to prove it but that is another discussion. To your point about Thor being a god you could assume its greater or more powerful; however, I don't think anywhere in canon that has been stated. This is just speculation to justify flawed writing. There is no reason Thor's lightning should have been able to hurt her and I don't believe there is any proof that his lightning is magical based or is stronger than regular lightning. Again all speculative at best.

My point of engaging in this topic is the rather bizarre original post where Kyss posts a long line of examples of Storm being in one way or another kneecapped in situations she should have owned. And this is where I come in and point out that if Storm always fired on all cylinders, there wouldn't be much of a story, same way there wouldn't be if Jean had been firing on all of her cylinders.

I never once said she should have owned any of the situations in the scans I posted - please quote me where I explicitly stated this. I think you are misunderstanding the point of this thread and the intent of my posts. I am not trying to say she should be this unbeatable character - that would be boring. I am saying; however, that if a writer wants to have her not be able to do something for a, b, or c reasons that the writer should do so in a fashion that is consistent with her previous showings (pak is able to do this beautifully in her solo). If you want her to not be able to restore machinery for whatever reason, have someone KO to where she can't use her powers. Don't have her say she can't supply power to a piece of machinery because there is no weather. That makes absolutely no sense and it doesn't follow canon with how her powers function.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling said:

Beautifully stated, Kyss! If some of the posters here actually knew Storm the way many of her fans do, then they would realize that she isn't unstoppable, irrespective to how powerful they think she can be. Pak showcases this beautifully in his Storm series. For all her powers, she is still human and very considerate of others and the repercussions that her choices could lead to.

Many writers have written compelling stories with Storm as the star while taking into consideration the majority she has been shown capable of achieving in the past. It all leads back to understanding the character and its weaknesses, which clearly most of the current crop of writers don't...

I think you misinterpreted his intentions. It wasn't to indicate that she should own every situation, or to always fire on all cylinders(especially considering she rarely does so anyway). There are ways to neutralize the threat of a character without devaluing it. That's his point. These writers have simply taken the easy way out and took no real time to study actual weaknesses within the character's abilities that would have made sense within the context of the story.

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: I don't have any scans but Magneto was wearing his white costume and Storm is wearing her current one. She threw lightning at him and he said that the lightning was not going to affect him then he sent shards of metal at her

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: I actually forgot about that part....

I also forgot about that part where she surfed without a surfboard x_x. Lol talk about making a bad example.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: beautifully stated that's exactly what I was trying saying.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By poisonfleur

YOU DONE GONE AND UNEARTHED THAT VALKYRIE FAIL--

No Caption Provided
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@butterflykyss: Just one clarification on that Thor scan from Contest of Champions II. He redirected her own lightning back at her (he didn't use his lightning against her in that instance), and it didn't hurt Storm at all. This is the fight where Thor KO'd Storm with that air sucking kiss ;-). And the Magneto instance is the most recent interaction Storm and Magneto had in No More Humans, which was WIS. Carey had Storm summon a bolt to strike Magneto with the intent of him deflecting it so she could get in close enough to punch him in the face. Now that would make sense if they are going to get into a H2H fight (which I think she would murder his ass if they did), but the next instance he is sending metal shards at her and she forgets that she can use wind to do more than fly.....and then she continued to use lightning for the rest of their fight that went no where. This was just Carey's way to take Storm out of the combat equation to balance out the fight between the X-Men vs Raze's alt universe mutants who were no match for Storm (neither should Magneto be in his current state but I digress -__-....)

Good points in this thread. I agree with, and it us unfortunate that, every noteworthy character out there is subject to being written down to fit a writers story, which can be a big take away when knowledgeable fans recognize it. I find that to be just lazy writing and poor research on the writers part, and there really isn't an excuse for it tbh.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

generally storms powers are too diverse to the point where she can easily defeat everyone but super heavy hitters so they have to constantly put limits on her or make her lightning lass. It's the same with thor and Monica Rambeau. Although Storm and Monica seem to get treated the worst. Also I have my black superheros constantly depowered theory but talking about racism and unfair treatment got me banned at cbr

I was wondering what happened. It'll be good to have you back this Friday.

It has varied. In classic uncanny when she used solar wind for the first time she didn't require any bonding time. In her first mini with Ellis she did need time to get attuned to the planet but could still manipulate the wind to protect her. She also needed time to attune to the planet in another instance when she and her gold team where pulled into another dimension with Piotr's brother Mikhail. And on another trip to a Shi'ar ruled planet she was still able manipulate the wind to hold up a falling balcony but stated that because she was not yet attuned to the planet the elements were resisting her.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Storm has been told before by Magneto that lightning will only make him more powerful.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Storm Calling

@thunderbolt30 said:

@nipower888 said:

generally storms powers are too diverse to the point where she can easily defeat everyone but super heavy hitters so they have to constantly put limits on her or make her lightning lass. It's the same with thor and Monica Rambeau. Although Storm and Monica seem to get treated the worst. Also I have my black superheros constantly depowered theory but talking about racism and unfair treatment got me banned at cbr

@malachi_munroe said:

It has varied. In classic uncanny when she used solar wind for the first time she didn't require any bonding time. In her first mini with Ellis she did need time to get attuned to the planet but could still manipulate the wind to protect her. She also needed time to attune to the planet in another instance when she and her gold team where pulled into another dimension with Piotr's brother Mikhail. And on another trip to a Shi'ar ruled planet she was still able manipulate the wind to hold up a falling balcony but stated that because she was not yet attuned to the planet the elements were resisting her.

Yes, I forgot to mention this instance in my debate with Stormcell. This was the issue(UXM #285) that had Storm affected by the desert heat from the other world before she mastered it, correct? This was under the same writer that had her state that she had protection from the cold and Iceman was impervious to it(UXM #282). So this would indicate that it was more than just wording(as I assumed).... I'll add scans to the section showing this whenever we get the chance to update all the scans in the main post. I might actually decide to tackle that today.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

@nipower888 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

Yes, I forgot to mention this instance in my debate with Stormcell. This was the issue(UXM #285) that had Storm affected by the desert heat from the other world before she mastered it, correct? This was under the same writer that had her state that she had protection from the cold and Iceman was impervious to it(UXM #282). So this would indicate that it was more than just wording(as I assumed).... I'll add scans to the section showing this whenever we get the chance to update all the scans in the main post. I might actually decide to tackle that today.

I have always stated that if Storm is not attuned with a planet's life force, then she can be harmed by the elements there. However, once she is attuned, she is immune to climate and (weather-related) temperature variation. She becomes innately impervious to cold in this instance, though she can be harmed by non-weather related heat like fire (which doesn't make sense since she can harmlessly channel lightning which is MUCH hotter than fire, but oh, well...).

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: That post had nothing to do with what you said about her connection to the biosphere. My point was that the writer felt there was a clear distinction between the way her and Iceman were immune to the cold. I've already stated that she is impervious to the weather when she has a connection to the biosphere;however, it's still protection, and relies on her influence over them for it. That issue(UXM 285) makes it clear as well.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Stormcell

@storm_calling said:

@stormcell: That post had nothing to do with what you said about her connection to the biosphere. My point was that the writer felt there was a clear distinction between the way her and Iceman were immune to the cold. I've already stated that she is impervious to the weather when she has a connection to the biosphere;however, it's still protection, and relies on her influence over them for it. That issue(UXM 285) makes it clear as well.

It relies on her connection to the life force of the Earth, not her influence over them. Here's the thing, both her imperviousness to cold AND degree of control over the elements are dependant on her connection to the life force of the planet. (As we both agree on, even if her bond with the life force is fractured, she still has control over the elements, but that control is lessened.) You are attributing her being impervious to cold being relient on both, the connection AND influence over the elements when it only has to do with the former, not the latter.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Storm Calling

@stormcell said:
    @storm_calling said:

It relies on her connection to the life force of the Earth, not her influence over them. Here's the thing, both her imperviousness to cold AND degree of control over the elements are dependant on her connection to the life force of the planet. (As we both agree on, even if her bond with the life force is fractured, she still has control over the elements, but that control is lessened.) You are attributing her being impervious to cold being relient on both, the connection AND influence over the elements when it only has to do with the former, not the latter.

And she still has resistance, but her immunity is lessened. Both are clearly reliant on her connection to the biosphere, and are both effected when that connection is compromised. I'm not going to debate this in two threads though, so if we're continuing our debate we need to keep this in the thermodynamics thread.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell said:
    @storm_calling said:

And she still has resistance, but her immunity is lessened. Both are clearly reliant on her connection to the biosphere, and are both effected when that connection is compromised. I'm not going to debate this in two threads though, so if we're continuing our debate we need to keep this in the thermodynamics thread.

While I agree to restrict our debate on her powers to the other thread, why in the WORLD would I disagree with what you've just said here? This is what I've been trying to get you to see all along. At first, you were trying to say that her immunity is dependant on both her connection to the life force of the Earth AND her influence. I was just trying to get you to drop that second part about the "influence" thing as it has nothing to do with her immunity. Rather, both the immunity and influence/control over the elements are connected to her unity with the life force of her environment. You have FINALLY seen the light! :D Now, if you can word this on your website EXACTLY as you've worded it here, it would be AWESOME! HAHAHAHAHA! I TOLD you round 5 of our debate would have an impact on ya! ;) Now, back to the other thread...

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Storm Calling

@stormcell said:

@storm_calling said:

@stormcell said:
    @storm_calling said:

While I agree to restrict our debate on her powers to the other thread, why in the WORLD would I disagree with what you've just said here? This is what I've been trying to get you to see all along. At first, you were trying to say that her immunity is dependant on both her connection to the life force of the Earth AND her influence. I was just trying to get you to drop that second part about the "influence" thing as it has nothing to do with her immunity. Rather, both the immunity and influence/control over the elements are connected to her unity with the life force of her environment. You have FINALLY seen the light! :D Now, if you can word this on your website EXACTLY as you've worded it here, it would be AWESOME! HAHAHAHAHA! I TOLD you round 5 of our debate would have an impact on ya! ;) Now, back to the other thread...

Umm no, my point was that she still has to have some influence in order to be immune, and that her control and immunity is a direct result of her connection and influence over the weather. I don't know what you're talking about or how you came to that conclusive, but it's grossly offensive and I am not about to have words put into my mouth.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@teerack said:

100% of comic book character have inconsistent powers. Welcome to comics.

Correctamundo.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi Storm fam.

in the latest edition of the miseducation of ororo, stormbot was pitted against a colossus amped by a future dystopian apocalyse. storm evidently forgot that he is made of inorganic steel reinforced with the powers of being a horseman and also forgot that her abilities can be executed without being 2 inches away from her target. So she proceeded to shoot a lightning bolt within arms length of colossus.

No Caption Provided

this resulted in her getting her arse handed to her by colossus:

No Caption Provided

this was definitely a great showing by the bot

stay tuned.. with the IvX series happening soon im sure we will have more great showings to discuss!

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Well to my understanding Storm has been written down for the longest over the years, becasue if you REALLY think about this? Storm actually can take out every almost any threat the X-men encounter. People are to blind that they ONLY think Storm controls the Weather when she's actually a Energy Manipulator. She's one of the most versatile mutants on the planet she isn't a joke, but Storm MUST be written down because for the simple fact that Storm is TOO POWERFUL. Now I will say there are some instances that absolutely makes no sense and many of you have mentioned it, but that's ONLY due to the writers lack of understanding of the character.

My issue is that writers won't allow Storm to grow in her powers they are too afraid of what she can become. They are scared to stick her in space because we ALL KNOW Storm may end up controlling massive cosmic energy: Sun,Moon,Stars, Solar Winds, Radiation,Galatic Core(LOL) etc. And they DON'T dare make her explore her Magic side because then she will end up understanding of how to control magic and try to combined it with her powers: Crimson Bands of Cytarak Lightning or something etc. OH and let's not forget if writers allow her to lose her body she will essentially be another Spectrum, but a WAY more powerful one. AND let's not forget they won't EVER admit Storm is worthy of Thor's hammer and make her become Stormborn and become a better and poweful Lady Thor.

So you can see Storm CAN be a DANGEROUS character if written well. I have learned to give up on expecting Storm to know how to do this and create that because I know this is ALL due to writers and how THEY want their Story to go. Now i'm not saying all of this because she is my favorite hero i'm saying this because it's pure WIS. We as fans have NO control over it. Storm can do just about anything if writers delve into it. People don't realized Storm can be a huge threat and can easily reach High Tier.....

But writers people this is ALL about writers and how they want the story to go.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: u make good points expecially about her being an energy manipulator.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: I mean it's the truth it's just she is suffering from horrible writers right now.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: I mean it's the truth it's just she is suffering from horrible writers right now.

Right. From Fraction to current Storm has been under some of the worst X-writers EVER! We only had a few good writers,, and even then we still didn't get solid presentment of the X-Men as competent experienced heroes. Let allone this seemingly endless focus on survival/extinction that became stale 10 years ago.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@thunderbolt30: Oh my god you hit the nail on the head. The X-Men act like they have never played hero before. They act so new to this especially when it comes to power set they seem confused as to what they can do oppose to what they have already done before. I'm tired of Storm being Lightning Lass that's BORING.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading various X books I don't understand why they make Storm so irrational at times.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Mooty_Pass
    @nerevarine_11 said:

Reading various X books I don't understand why they make Storm so irrational at times.

Storm is actually the Calm Motherly Rational X-man of the group, but yes your right there have been stories where writers make her irrational when she isn't. That's pure WIS at it's finest.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least she's the overall leader now.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: like putting the xmen and children in limbo... that is a very good observation.. definitely deserves a mention here

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: maybe we will get a change with ivx. i really dont think so, but seeing she is the leader of the xmen and a lot of her decisions i imagine will be critical to the survival of mutants in this event

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: maybe we will get a change with ivx. i really dont think so, but seeing she is the leader of the xmen and a lot of her decisions i imagine will be critical to the survival of mutants in this event

The optimist in me always holds out for something meaningful for Storm, but I have to really go in with a blank slate. Ignore the pessimistic postings on x-boards, though wholly justified, and just wait and see what the writers present and then judge from there. I am finding myself increasingly disillusioned with X-Men. The Inhumans just don't have the appeal for me that X-Men used to have, but the x-books (besides UXM to a degree but those characters don't interest me outside of Psylocke) have just been so mediocre or less in quality that it's just my loyalty driving me and not my passion anymore :-(.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss said:

The optimist in me always holds out for something meaningful for Storm, but I have to really go in with a blank slate. Ignore the pessimistic postings on x-boards, though wholly justified, and just wait and see what the writers present and then judge from there. I am finding myself increasingly disillusioned with X-Men. The Inhumans just don't have the appeal for me that X-Men used to have, but the x-books (besides UXM to a degree but those characters don't interest me outside of Psylocke) have just been so mediocre or less in quality that it's just my loyalty driving me and not my passion anymore :-(.

I agree with the sentiment. It's nothing wrong with being optimistic. But I totally agree with your last statement. That is where I am now, and that is starting to get a bit played out for me.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By butterflykyss

So it appears Bunn has struck again. He gave us (with the help of Yost and Fraction) the fight with Storm and Valkyrie. Not to be undone he is back with a fight versus Archangel. Storm (again only uses lightning) and fights in close range of her assailant and is pierced by three (3) wings that have a neurotoxin in them. I guess she unfortunately forgot she can block bullets shot at her at close range.

Not as bad as some of the showings we have seen in the past, but this is the precursor to the IVX event. If this is an indication of more to come I imagine this thread will be littered with new images.

also just thought about this one. Storm forgets she has been in the astral plane before:

No Caption Provided

maybe she forgot the many times she has fought Shadow King there... sigh.

Davlin1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the poeple commenting on storm vs magneto saying she should learn, storm knows the truth that lightning is to powerful and fast to be effectived by magnetic fields, magnetic fields are created by fast moving electrical currents and lighting bolt is one big arse fast moving electrical current, lightning creates very powerful magnetic fields but would still fry magneto pretty easily she is just getting screwed by the writers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the poeple commenting on storm vs magneto saying she should learn, storm knows the truth that lightning is to powerful and fast to be effectived by magnetic fields, magnetic fields are created by fast moving electrical currents and lighting bolt is one big arse fast moving electrical current, lightning creates very powerful magnetic fields but would still fry magneto pretty easily she is just getting screwed by the writers

I concur to your statement.

Kekoajohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Kekoajohn
    @davlin1984 said:

Thank you. That's what I been saying the whole time. Plus to, why hasn't ferromagnetism manipulation been added to Storm's repertoire? So many electrokinetics have this ability except her? This doesn't make sense.

Why?

Because the woman can create EM fields and manipulate electrical current but she can't use it to tear apart sentinel robots. That is why it doesn't make sense and they can't provide an explanation for it because the mechanics behind ferromagnetism manipulation wouldn't be outside of Storm's power-set or difficult for her to pull off since Electromagnetism is basically produced by electrical current and Storm can manipulate EM Energy. Otherwise, she wouldn't have electrokinetic abilities.

Is it total stupidity or are these writers being bias? I agree, she is just getting screwed by these sexist, physics-hating writers. ??

DavidSorkin95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mainly love reading and improve my level of education. And comics are certainly no exception.

AlexC80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By AlexC80

I enjoy reading, especially when it comes to comics. I also enjoy writing, but, unfortunately, I cannot say that I have a talent for this. For this reason, when I need to write my research paper for my studies, I usually use a variety of student services. This way I can know for sure that the text will be really good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.