Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

The Anti-Storm Trend -just me?

MoonStar757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Hey guys,

Don't mean to be a downer but since she's my fav character and the initial reason of why i watch/enjoy the X-movies, i'm honestly at the point of being just so over how STORM gets snubbed in some way, shape or form with each new film; whether its the awful dialogue of X1, or the purposeless role given in X2 (she could've been switched out with any X-Man and it wouldn't have affected the story one bit) not to mention the horrid hairpiece, or the constant second-fiddle attitude she had (in relation to Wolvie) in X3 (the film that is similarly my fav for just how significant they finally made her), or her cameo ending up as a deleted scene in X-Men Origins, and now her latest horrid hairdo in DOFP. Don't get my issue isn't with her hair and styling, at least not entirely. That is just a surface-level example to generally explain my point.

I thought she was one of the best-loved characters, and yet i feel like the Powers-That-Be (writers, producers slash Bryan Singer i aint naming names lol) are relentless in their desire to diminish and/or downgrade her original role and place amongst the rest of the team and/or universe they exist within.

Am i alone in feeling this, is it just in my own head? Can any1 offer any explanations or reasons why cos i'd really appreciate it. Like i sometimes wish i was just some generic Wolverine or Phoenix fan cos they seem to get their full jollies out of these films, at the expense of every1 else.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'm tired of Storm fans complaining about her role in the movie. Just be happy she comes out at all. There are other X-Men chracthers that deserve to be in the films but aren't so consider yourself lucky you at least get her on screen.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, you are alone.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By abaldo
    RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm was treated better then Cyclops, Colossus, Jean, Nightcrawler and pretty much anybody else who isn't Wolverine. She hasn't been killed, turned evil, or made a damsel in distress, has action scenes, takes out baddies and does more then most, so yeah you don't have as much to complain about compared to most other fans. Cyclops in particular.

Storm has taken out Toad, defeated Mastermind, saving the Prof; taken out Air Force jets trailing the Blackbird, defeated Callisto and inherited leadership of the team. Outside of Wolverine she is pretty much the most prevalent X-Man, so yeah, you're bitching to deaf ears and other Storm fanatics..

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Storm was treated better then Cyclops, Colossus, Jean, Nightcrawler and pretty much anybody else who isn't Wolverine. She hasn't been killed, turned evil, or made a damsel in distress, has action scenes, takes out baddies and does more then most, so yeah you don't have as much to complain about compared to most other fans. Cyclops in particular.

Storm has taken out Toad, defeated Mastermind, saving the Prof; taken out Air Force jets trailing the Blackbird, defeated Callisto and inherited leadership of the team. Outside of Wolverine she is pretty much the most prevalent X-Man, so yeah, you're bitching to deaf ears and other Storm fanatics..

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
    mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm tired of Storm fans complaining about her role in the movie. Just be happy she comes out at all. There are other X-Men chracthers that deserve to be in the films but aren't so consider yourself lucky you at least get her on screen.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
    mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Storm is some parts overrated and some parts underrated. Reading a lot of posts at this site have seen people admit to not reading certain X-Men eras, I think a lot of Storms best stories were in the past and that they were wicked bad-butt. Very underrated. Also psychologically the way most people gauge such things tends to be lacking. Meaning your not suppose to react to reactions if you want objectivity. React to something substantial and objective. Viewing a character based on how others view the character gives you an inaccurate representation of the character. We have some Storm fans that come on here every day ranting about stuff that's probably so irrelevant that will never happened. I think every Storm fan does this when they first sign up for CV, heck I even made a thread like this on my old account. I think CV needs to Re-Vamp this whole thread and start from scratch because most of the threads don't even make any sense at all and it is a complete was of time. No one really has time to read about small little detail about Storm that everyone almost knows about. The more us Storm fans continue to make threads like this the more we look dumber and stupid by other fanboys/fangirls that don't idolize Storm like we do.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jhazzroucher

@moonstorm: I think we just want more of her and we want her to be written well.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By fodigg

I think it's true that Storm wasn't given enough dialogue to justify her billing in those films (ahead of patrick stewart, behind hugh jackman) and no amount of "well, they didn't eff her up at least" will really make up for that missed opportunity.

The Storm that the films chose to portray is powerful, but overly aloof and suffering from poor dialogue. The "frog/lightning" line gets a lot of well-deserved flak, but her dialogue generally is just one step above the overblown (no pun intended) speeches they gave her in the 90s cartoon. Little of the personality from my preferred Storm characterizations shines through. That said, I'm not a Halle Berry fan so I'm unlikely to appreciate that portrayal anyway.

MoonStar757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: u make a good point, i see how if u r a Nightcrawler, Cyclops or Colossus etc fan that u would also feel snubbed. I didn't mean to bitch i just wanted to discuss what i felt was unfair, but i see that there are other characters that r worse off, I feel ur pain lol

@abaldo: thanks :)

@fodigg: good point, but don't u think Halle did the best with what she had? (script and direction wise) I'm a Halle Berry fan so I'm bit biased lol but i think she rocked it, especially in X3, who else would've worked for u? don't say Angela Bassett LOL

@mistresssobeautiful: i didn't mean to rant lol, and in no way do i wanna make us Storm fans look bad, i just wanted to share my opinion about the treatment Storm has received over the 3 X-movies, and i did ask for people to share their views to maybe correct or explain, i just wanted some feedback and guess i was just feeling overtly-sensitive cos of Halle Berry's pregnancy and statement that that would cancel out fight scenes, wirework etc.

@risingbean:that is a good point, i'm also a Cyclops fan and can see ur point.

Pso_Christen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pso_Christen

No. I feel that compared to a lot of other characters, she had a good bit of screen time. It is just like the comics? No and it never will be. However, we have gotten a very great amount of scenes from Storm for sure. Especially in comparison to others such as Cyclops, Rogue (barf), Gambit, Blob, oh and especially Psylocke and Deadpool *dies*.

So in a franchise where Wolverine is the central part, along with Professofr X and Magneto, I think she stands out just fine.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the second movie she essentially saves the human race.

There are lots of important X characters that don't much in the movies. Storm does more than most.

The real crime is how she is pretty non existent or written poorly in most cartoons

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

The biggest hater?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rickbarry

Kind of the best post ever.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this the same thing as Batman fans who have a dillusion of persecuton despite their favourite character being quite prominate within their respective company?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By poisonfleur

As much as I hate to say this... I agree. :(
    It is ungrateful to complain about Storm when other characters like Rogue, Cyclops, and Emma were massacred before our very eyes and for multiple movies. Let's face it Halle may not be perfect as Storm-- but she beats Anna P's Rogue and January J's Emma any day of the week. And I believe Storm, Rogue, and Emma are almost/if not equals.

BUT STILL-- Something's about Storm could be better. Ex: Better presence as a leader, Better lines, & more nods to her character in the comics. It's the little things that count and that will 'shut up' us Storm fans from 'ranting' & 'complaining' your ears off--- Plus it'd make a better film. :)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean said:

As much as I hate to say this... I agree. :(

It is ungrateful to complain about Storm when other characters like Rogue, Cyclops, and Emma were massacred before our very eyes and for multiple movies. Let's face it Halle may not be perfect as Storm-- but she beats Anna P's Rogue and January J's Emma any day of the week. And I believe Storm, Rogue, and Emma are almost/if not equals.

BUT STILL-- Something's about Storm could be better. Ex: Better presence as a leader, Better lines, & more nods to her character in the comics. It's the little things that count and that will 'shut up' us Storm fans from 'ranting' & 'complaining' your ears off--- Plus it'd make a better film. :)

this pretty much summed up my views although it would have been interesting if he assembled the team like in the animated series with storm , logan , scott , jean , rogue , beast and the cajun (off and on since he is a wildcard)..the of course the brotherhood and all would be fine. i pretty much liked storm in the movies, but when they were discussing liberty island the should have made her open to suggestions from the others and discuss ideas a little more showing her and cyclops' strategic nature.

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jimmie_Hudson_

you are not alone. the problem with companies and corporations when it comes to the x-men franchise is that they view it as wolverine and the x-men. one cannot blame them for viewing the franchise like this when wolverine is on fact the most popular x-man. so yes storm didn't get her just dues but neither did a majority of x-men in the film.

MoonStar757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MoonStar757

thanks so much guys for all of ur feedback and explanations, i appreciate it all and can definitely say I have a new perspective on the subject.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

you are not alone. the problem with companies and corporations when it comes to the x-men franchise is that they view it as wolverine and the x-men. one cannot blame them for viewing the franchise like this when wolverine is on fact the most popular x-man. so yes storm didn't get her just dues but neither did a majority of x-men in the film.

you have a point

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

You know who else has bad character treatment in the x-men movies? Everyone whose name doesn't start with "Wolverine."

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Of all the other Characters in the Wolverine and Magneto show Storm has probably been treated the best. You really have nothing to complain about aside from Halle being a horrible miscast in the first place.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.