Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10181 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm's cosmic abilities in her solo??

Avatar image for pattilabellestormfan
    PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would personally love to see Greg Pak explore Storms control over the cosmic storm! The glimpses we've had were so cool! Solar wind and using stars to generate lightning ect

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

...I'm not exactly all that versed in terms of science, let alone stuff pertaining to space, but how/why would Storm use stars, which are god knows how many thousands of lightyears away, to generate something as mundane as lightning?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@squares said:

...I'm not exactly all that versed in terms of science, let alone stuff pertaining to space, but how/why would Storm use stars, which are god knows how many thousands of lightyears away, to generate something as mundane as lightning?

The sun is a star though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You will definitely see Storm going cosmic with her powers on her ongoing solo. Unfortunately, I am not the writer. Hahaha :)

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

"mundane lightning" wow you adjectives are on point...

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just asking,because I'm not all that well-versed in Storm,but why does the Marvel wikia say that she's a Goddess? I mean,is she?

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: she was worshiped as a goddess when she was a teenager as she brought rain and water to her homelands

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@twix_right_side: she was worshiped as a goddess when she was a teenager as she brought rain and water to her homelands

Oh,okay. Thanks

I mean,I also know that,for a time she held a Thor-like hammer called Stormbreaker (I think that's what it was called),was she a Goddess,then?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

it would take nothing short of an Albert Einstein to utilize her space manipulation properly, the first time she was in space i thought the bolts she used were from her metabolism or am i wrong? anyway scientist found a massive electrical current flowing from the center of a galaxy recently and a huge cloud of free floating water ..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: I don't remember much about her first trip into space, I think that issue was drawn by Alan Davis and I was too busy hating the art to pay attention to detail.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: I think she might have been referring to Storm being in space to manipulate the cosmic energies. She could in essence use the (solar winds) charged gases to generate lightening or use them directly because they have lots of energy (radiation, heat light, electric, magnetic).

So, I guess it depends on what you consider mundane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1: Lightning is pretty mundane when compared to stuff like solar wind.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: Her lightning is massive when in space as there is no air medium to travel through it. Her lightning destroyed giant spaceships which storm didn't mean to. I think she used her lightning to power a whole planet once IICR. So preferably a different adjective to describe her lightning rather than mundane...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@squares: Her lightning is massive when in space as there is no air medium to travel through it. Her lightning destroyed giant spaceships which storm didn't mean to. I think she used her lightning to power a whole planet once IICR. So preferably a different adjective to describe her lightning rather than mundane...

A synonym for mundane is ordinary, which lightning is compared to solar waves or cosmic rays or whatever happens in space in Marvel.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@abaldo said:

A synonym for mundane is ordinary, which lightning is compared to solar waves or cosmic rays or whatever happens in space in Marvel.

yes but only when her Lightening is in the atmosphere. when it's in space thats a whole other story...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@squares said:

@abaldo said:

yes but only when her Lightening is in the atmosphere. when it's in space thats a whole other story...

Lightning is lightning, no matter how powerful or large or in space a lightning bolt may be.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By warlock360

lightning is known as cosmic fire, thats about as cosmic as she's gonna get.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@abaldo said:

@squares said:

@abaldo said:

Lightning is lightning, no matter how powerful or large or in space a lightning bolt may be.

well I guess we have to agree to disagree then.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would personally love to see Greg Pak explore Storms control over the cosmic storm! The glimpses we've had were so cool! Solar wind and using stars to generate lightning ect

I would love for this to happen. So far we have seen space lightning, solar wind, harnessing free floating hydrogen atoms to create an atmosphere, sensing the myriad energy fields in space, and summoning the galactic core. Even though she was on earth she also generated pressure forces greater than what is found on Jupiter, so imagine if she could generate Neptune's winds (900 mph)? Manipulate the radiation and cold of Saturn's moons?

I would love for these powers to be explore more. Hopefully we get to see some geomagnetic storms, solar flares, star energy blasts, manipulating of radiation in space, and the extreme cold temps in space. There is so much that Storm can do there.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pattilabellestormfan said:

I would love for this to happen. So far we have seen space lightning, solar wind, harnessing free floating hydrogen atoms to create an atmosphere, sensing the myriad energy fields in space, and summoning the galactic core. Even though she was on earth she also generated pressure forces greater than what is found on Jupiter, so imagine if she could generate Neptune's winds (900 mph)? Manipulate the radiation and cold of Saturn's moons?

I would love for these powers to be explore more. Hopefully we get to see some geomagnetic storms, solar flares, star energy blasts, manipulating of radiation in space, and the extreme cold temps in space. There is so much that Storm can do there.

Me too and even beyond that. :)

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds great I can't wait to see her do cosmic stuff

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@abaldo said:

@squares said:

@abaldo said:

It's really different. Space lightning is far more powerful than the lightning on Earth. Space lightning is more powerful than solar waves.

PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: agreed! I'm

Hoping to see such feats

personally, i don't need to see high end Goddess level feats every issue ...although i'd be lying if i say i wouldn't be upset lol

PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Right I dont think every issue should show such feats but i'd love to see them in moderation

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pattilabellestormfan said:

@thunderbolt30: agreed! I'm

Hoping to see such feats

personally, i don't need to see high end Goddess level feats every issue ...although i'd be lying if i say i wouldn't be upset lol

I'm greedy! I want it all for as long as we can :-)!!!

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: lmao yes! more goddess is what marvel needs ( i made the threaddddddddddddddddddddddd!)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: lmao yes! more goddess is what marvel needs ( i made the threaddddddddddddddddddddddd!)

Ah I just saw that :-). You should post the colored preview images to get the ball rolling. It should pick up activity over the next couple of weeks when the lettered teaser preview is released on the 18th (and hopefully we get some more announcements between now and the official release.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

Ah I just saw that :-). You should post the colored preview images to get the ball rolling. It should pick up activity over the next couple of weeks when the lettered teaser preview is released on the 18th (and hopefully we get some more announcements between now and the official release.

gasp! worded preview!!!!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

gasp! worded preview!!!!

Yes. Every Friday at about 9:00pm PST (I think Barbados is 3 or 4 hours ahead of California time) the previews for the next weeks books are up on CBR. We should get a worded preview on 7/18 that would make a good addition to your thread.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

gasp! worded preview!!!!

Yes. Every Friday at about 9:00pm PST (I think Barbados is 3 or 4 hours ahead of California time) the previews for the next weeks books are up on CBR. We should get a worded preview on 7/18 that would make a good addition to your thread.

Excited! :)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

*rides tricycle through thread*

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.