Storm & X-men Days of Future Past

#101 Posted by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Trixie said:

WHY Rogue?

Nice Find Trixie!

Ain't Nobody saw this coming!! I love Anna Mc Penguin, let's hope she steps it up as Rogue-- Maybe event dates younger Magneto?? That'd make Mystique Jealous-- Then start trickin' it up with Azael.

But seriously... We need Storm for X-men DOFP

#102 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling: Love the idea of a First Class 2/X4 combo :-). I am like.....when da' hell are we gonna here if Stomr will make a return. I think they did the same for X2 and ended up announincg her last. But hey, better late and IN than not at all.

#103 Posted by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

Nice Find Trixie!

Ain't Nobody saw this coming!! I love Anna Mc Penguin, let's hope she steps it up as Rogue-- Maybe event dates younger Magneto?? That'd make Mystique Jealous-- Then start trickin' it up with Azael.

Agreed, at this point, I'm more concerned about if she'll appear in the movie at all. I honestly don't care who plays her, as long as she'll have some sort of significant role in the film to keep her success in the media flowing at least.
#104 Posted by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

Should we be tweeting Bryan Singer the things we want to see-- Like direct Storm with a stronger personality & voice to match-- and to tell Halle to look so nervous. Maybe some flight? And heaven pray at least ONE good action scene. lol

#105 Edited by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling: Love the idea of a First Class 2/X4 combo :-). I am like.....when da' hell are we gonna here if Stomr will make a return. I think they did the same for X2 and ended up announincg her last. But hey, better late and IN than not at all.

That's the way I feel, and I'm very excited for the film. Been a big fan of em since the beginning, and can differentiate the two as significantly separate universes. The idea of a combo movies makes it all the better considering I loved First Class as well.
#106 Posted by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@poisonfleur said:

Should we be tweeting Bryan Singer the things we want to see-- Like direct Storm with a stronger personality & voice to match-- and to tell Halle to look so nervous. Maybe some flight? And heaven pray at least ONE good action scene. lol

I don't think it would hurt to at least try. lol 

I'm up for sending him a tweet about it.
#107 Posted by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

Nice Find Trixie!

Agreed, at this point, I'm more concerned about if she'll appear in the movie at all. I honestly don't care who plays her, as long as she'll have some sort of significant role in the film to keep her success in the media flowing at least.

That is so, so, so true. X-men 1 & 2 was a disaster for Storm. Like nails on a chalkboard. That hurt her in the comic world as well. I thought she was good in X:TLS-- But fans didn't seem to like that movie-- even though it ironically ended up like the comics. lol

& Yes, let's tweet him. I feel it's kinda our job to speak up let him know. ( I hope Kelsey Grammer comes back too. Luv, luv, luved him as Beast!)

#108 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

Nice Find Trixie!

Storm has to appear. I doubt they'd add Rogue and and Kitty while ignoring the damn headmistress

#109 Edited by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

Nice Find Trixie!

Storm has to appear. I doubt they'd add Rogue and and Kitty while ignoring the damn headmistress

......... It's Bryan Singer.. He made Rogue a helpless crybaby with no action scenes, Storm and Jean co-workers instead of best friends, Wolverine the tall & noble main character, and Mystique scally naked and silent~! lol

He really is capable of ANYTHING!

#110 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

Nice Find Trixie!

......... It's Bryan Singer.. He made Rogue a helpless crybaby with no action scenes, Storm and Jean co-workers instead of best friends, Wolverine the tall & noble main character, and Mystique scally naked and silent~! lol

He really is capable of ANYTHING!

He gave her good showing in X2.......maybe he'll make her a GOOD background character? lol

#111 Posted by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

Nice Find Trixie!

I'm just not so sure anymore. If I recall, Singer didn't even want to use Storm in the movies but it was a requirement by Fox or Marvel for him to, though he did express interest in doing a Storm movie years back. Marvel or Fox may put in a requirement for her again considering her current growing prominence in the X-Books again. I just hope she appears and gets some kind of a decent role. 

Wouldn't it be ironic that Storm would still be headmistress in this movie, just like she's currently headmistress at the Jean Grey school?

@poisonfleur said:

@Storm Calling said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

Nice Find Trixie!

That is so, so, so true. X-men 1 & 2 was a disaster for Storm. Like nails on a chalkboard. That hurt her in the comic world as well. I thought she was good in X:TLS-- But fans didn't seem to like that movie-- even though it ironically ended up like the comics. lol

& Yes, let's tweet him. I feel it's kinda our job to speak up let him know. ( I hope Kelsey Grammer comes back too. Luv, luv, luved him as Beast!)

Yes, Storm was a disaster in the first two X-men films, which is largely why I have as much respect as I do for Halle trying to pull for a significantly better Storm in X3(Bryan was planning to significantly reduce her role in X3 until he left the project to do Superman). She may end up turning down the role if they ask considering she didn't seem to get along well with the director. There was mixed fan reaction to X3, and I see why, but there was some things that X3 got right in some areas and wrong in others. lol

I'll be sending him a tweet shortly.
#112 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling: Headmistress irony? Love it

.......................I HATE Singer for Storm

#113 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling: He's also proof to the point that not all gays love Storm.lol

#114 Posted by jhazzroucher (15588 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

I'm not really happy that Singer is directing the next x-film.

that means no "flying"

#115 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Unless he saw "The Avengers" and has decided to step his game up

#116 Posted by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling: He's also proof to the point that not all gays love Storm.lol

LMAO! XD
#117 Edited by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

that means no "flying"

He didn't typically like to put flying in his movies because he didn't believe they had achieved the level of realism in computer graphics to make it look right, plus they were on a tight budget. The flying for Storm in X3 was a prime example. We'll most likely see flying now in his movies, considering he had it in Superman returns.
#118 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

that means no "flying"

He didn't typically like to put flying in his movies because he didn't believe they had achieved the level of realism in computer graphics to make it look right, plus they were on a tight budget. The flying for Storm in X3 was a prime example. We'll most likely see flying now in his movies, considering he had it in Superman returns.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Look hard enough you'll see the wires<----lies, but funny

I wanna see her fly like Banshee, and my Cyclones like that Cyclone dude who they fought in first class

#119 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10319 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

O.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let him have watched the Avengers and is ready to give Storm some flight and lightning like Thor!!!

#120 Posted by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

that means no "flying"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Look hard enough you'll see the wires<----lies, but funny

I wanna see her fly like Banshee, and my Cyclones like that Cyclone dude who they fought in first class

Fully agreed here, and LOL. I don't know why they even bothered to edit out the wires. We all knew she was on one...
#121 Posted by jhazzroucher (15588 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

that means no "flying"

the flying was slow. everything is slow with Singer. We will see everybody taking time to use their powers

Superman Returns was not even a hit.

I'm not expecting a good movie with Singer.

#122 Posted by jhazzroucher (15588 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

O.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let him have watched the Avengers and is ready to give Storm some flight and lightning like Thor!!!

He's not that kind of director

#123 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

He's not that kind of director

Your negativity sure does have spurts

#124 Posted by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

@Storm Calling said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

that means no "flying"

the flying was slow. everything is slow with Singer. We will see everybody taking time to use their powers

The flying was great in SR, it was one of the best things about the movie.
#125 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Storm Calling said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

that means no "flying"

The flying was great in SR, it was one of the best things about the movie.

Why does it matter if Superman Returns was a hit?

#126 Posted by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage: LOL, exactly!
#127 Edited by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Storm Calling said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

Nice Find Trixie!

Yes, Storm was a disaster in the first two X-men films, which is largely why I have as much respect as I do for Halle trying to pull for a significantly better Storm in X3(Bryan was planning to significantly reduce her role in X3 until he left the project to do Superman). She may end up turning down the role if they ask considering she didn't seem to get along well with the director. There was mixed fan reaction to X3, and I see why, but there was some things that X3 got right in some areas and wrong in others. lol I'll be sending him a tweet shortly.

What an @$$........ He would want an X-men movie without Storm.. >_> I swear these X-films need to calm down with Mystique having such a HUGE role in the series.That is so WhACK!

Ughh I am already rolling my eyes at this cast.. Rogue-- Who sat there for 3 x-films and just whined... Not to sound racist, but we having too many of the same girl archetypes already. Kitty, Rogue, and Jenifer L's Mystique.... All there of them play the typical whiny young white girl with boy troubles. Which is fine... but 3 of them in one film??? I could barely stand two of them in one film...

At least Iceman is cute.. v_v

#128 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@Storm Calling said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Storm Calling said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

Nice Find Trixie!

Yes, Storm was a disaster in the first two X-men films, which is largely why I have as much respect as I do for Halle trying to pull for a significantly better Storm in X3(Bryan was planning to significantly reduce her role in X3 until he left the project to do Superman). She may end up turning down the role if they ask considering she didn't seem to get along well with the director. There was mixed fan reaction to X3, and I see why, but there was some things that X3 got right in some areas and wrong in others. lol I'll be sending him a tweet shortly.

What an @$$........ He would want an X-men movie without Storm.. >_> I swear these X-films need to calm down with Mystique having such a HUGE role in the series.That is so WhACK!

Ughh I am already rolling my eyes at this cast.. Rogue-- Who sat there for 3 x-films and just whined... Not to sound racist, but we having too many of the same girl archetypes already. Kitty, Rogue, and Jenifer L's Mystique.... All there of them play the typical whiny young white girl with boy troubles. Which is fine... but 3 of them in one film??? I could barely stand two of them in one film...

Iceman ain't my type, so I'm not seeing THAT silver lining

At least his powers could get shown in a fun light

And I actually like Mystique's character. She's very alluring to me. I need for Rogue to get axed though.............Did ya'll know that he was going to have Sigourney Weaver play Emma Frost? That would've been incredible to see............rival Charles

#129 Posted by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Storm Calling said:

And I actually like Mystique's character. She's very alluring to me. I need for Rogue to get axed though.............Did ya'll know that he was going to have Sigourney Weaver play Emma Frost? That would've been incredible to see............rival Charles

Sigourney Weaver? LOL why was he planning to go older for Emma? I loved her in Avatar though.
#130 Posted by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Storm Calling said:

Sigourney Weaver? LOL why was he planning to go older for Emma? I loved her in Avatar though.

Sigourney Weaver.... in a white thong and pleather corest........ I will pass on that.

#131 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Storm Calling said:

To rival Charles! LOL I think it would've been cool as hell though. If you've seen her in "Galaxy Quest", then you'd know that she has a personality/sense of humor/look that could have pulled off the sexy older b*tchy female telepathic rival to Charles.................In some ways, I wish he'd gotten his way............I HATED the last stand

#132 Posted by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage: Well I'm certain she could have done a MUCH better job than January Jones.
#133 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage: Well I'm certain she could have done a MUCH better job than January Jones.

I had to see First Class multiple times in order to get what the problem with Ms. Jones was...........I honestly appreciated her dialogue/power display (MINUS that B.S. Magneto scene) too much to notice that she really didn't do a helluva lot. But I thought she was playing her as a dry sarcastic type, which weirdly worked for me.lol

#134 Posted by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

I had to see First Class multiple times in order to get what the problem with Ms. Jones was...........I honestly appreciated her dialogue/power display (MINUS that B.S. Magneto scene) too much to notice that she really didn't do a helluva lot. But I thought she was playing her as a dry sarcastic type, which weirdly worked for me.lol

It was probably the Director's vision that was the reason she was acting like that, but she seemed that way in another movie that I saw her in, so I assumed that it was her at the time. lol
#135 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

It was probably the Director's vision that was the reason she was acting like that, but she seemed that way in another movie that I saw her in, so I assumed that it was her at the time. lol

You know what's really sad? Rebecca Romijn would've been great for Emma.LOL

#136 Edited by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage: I haven't seen her in any other roles to agree, and she was basically mute in the X-men films. lol
#137 Posted by jhazzroucher (15588 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Colossus confirmed too.

#138 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3531 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@Storm Calling said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

that means no "flying"

Yes! Someone else understands! Those X-Men movies...are boring and slow! Go back and re-watch them. Bet you can't do it without an apple/juice break.

#139 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Maybe he'll have a chance to actually be important

#140 Posted by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

VERY doubtful. LOL... but we can always hope.

#141 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

VERY doubtful. LOL... but we can always hope.

LOL He was just THERE. I love how they just spontaneously had to put 3 younglings in the front lines, because the adults were too busy NOT recruiting older people.lol

#142 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Not much (as in not at all) a Bryan Singer fan :/

#143 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

Not much (as in not at all) a Bryan Singer fan :/

I'd like the storylines of the first 3 movies, with someone else directing it.lol

#144 Posted by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

On one hand, I would love for Storm to be in the movie.

Yet on the other hand....It's Singer, which will kind of make you worry.

Another thing, would they be bold enough to leave Storm out of the movie. There's not a POC face in the cast, and leaving out one of the most well known POC characters in comics, will make people side eye.

#145 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jalysia said:

On one hand, I would love for Storm to be in the movie.

Yet on the other hand....It's Singer, which will kind of make you worry.

Another thing, would they be bold enough to leave Storm out of the movie. There's not a POC face in the cast, and leaving out one of the most well known POC characters in comics, will make people side eye.

Yeah, it is missing black people.lol................................OMG, They're gonna have Bishop in this aren't they?!

#146 Posted by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

^Assuming they will also follow X-Men TAS version pf DOFP, they could add Bishop. Then they will totally hit their quota if he were to be cast. ^^

#147 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jalysia said:

^Assuming they will also follow X-Men TAS version pf DOFP, they could add Bishop. Then they will totally hit their quota if he were to be cast. ^^

......................Watch them cast black dude from Soul Food.

#148 Posted by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Or the Rock.

Or....Shemarr Moore.

I can already see the rage with the latter. lol

#149 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jalysia said:

Or the Rock.

Or....Shemarr Moore.

I can already see the rage with the latter. lol

And not the former? LOL I don't care how badly people want to lick his tattoos, that man needs to stay the hell AWAY

#150 Posted by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I figured Dwayne wouldn't be much a problem since he has the build. Granted, he doesn't look NOTHING like Bishop. As much as I want to lick his tattoos like you said, I think the role should be given to a more chocolately brotha. lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.