Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm only appears in one book after Secret Wars. Strange.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

We used to have Storm appearing in different books (Storm solo, Wolverine and the X-men, adjectiveless X-men, Amazing X-men, Nightcrawler solo, also showed up on other books like Deadpool, Black Vortex, All new X-men, Uncanny X-men, etc.) but based on the revealed books after Secret Wars, Storm will only be appearing and leading Extraordinary X-men. :(

I hope it's not the only book.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

One book is fine for her. Her solo series was great, but I don't think we are gonna get another one. No need to overexpose. Some other characters don't even have a book.

~MiB

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd rather one book of steady characterization than what we got last time. Hopefully Lemire delivers seeing who the last writer was on the flagship x-book...

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Stormcell

@madeinbangladesh said:

One book is fine for her. Her solo series was great, but I don't think we are gonna get another one. No need to overexpose. Some other characters don't even have a book.

~MiB

How dare you say Storm appearing in only one team book PLUS her having a solo title would be overexposure? You are courting your doom, buster, coming on here and making such a statement. ;)

But, seriously, a "Storm" solo ongoing along with being in "Extraordinary X-Men" would seriously not be too much for her. It would be perfect. Regarding the other characters not having their own book, they are not the majestic Storm. 'nuff said. LOL!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather one book of steady characterization than what we got last time. Hopefully Lemire delivers seeing who the last writer was on the flagship x-book...

But the problem is, I don't think a teambook would give her a steady characterization. And to think that Lemire's favorite (as mentioned on the interview) is Colossus, I've got a feeling he and Magik will be feature more. Oh and there's Jeen and OML as well as Iceman's sexuality. So yeah, Storm will be the leader but prolly by name only. Hopefully I'm wrong but I still prefer her to appear on different books. One is just not enough.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stormcell

@jhazzroucher said:
    @malachi_munroe said:

But the problem is, I don't think a teambook would give her a steady characterization. And to think that Lemire's favorite (as mentioned on the interview) is Colossus, I've got a feeling he and Magik will be feature more. Oh and there's Jeen and OML as well as Iceman's sexuality. So yeah, Storm will be the leader but prolly by name only. Hopefully I'm wrong but I still prefer her to appear on different books. One is just not enough.

These are some very valid points here. Actually, his favorite characters are both Colossus AND Magik, if I remember correctly. With that being the case on top of the brother/sister relationship, you know they are going to get a lot of time. He is also going to explore the dynamic between OML and Teen Jean, so there's that, plus he is going to flesh out adult Bobby's sexuality and reconcile that with his teenaged self. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room for Storm who will have to share the remaining space with Kurt. She'll probably be in the background giving orders in fights while her powers will likely be restricted to throwing a lightning bolt here or there as the other aspects of her powers, her massive power levels, and the potential creative applications of her abilities are largely ignored.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: after the travesty that was Bendis' Storm, Her power levels are irrelevant to me. I hope Lemire ACTUALLY does something for her character and not reduce her to the incompetent (throwing a lightning bolt at Malloy, Storm? REALLY?)angry black woman.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:
    @malachi_munroe said:

These are some very valid points here. Actually, his favorite characters are both Colossus AND Magik, if I remember correctly. With that being the case on top of the brother/sister relationship, you know they are going to get a lot of time. He is also going to explore the dynamic between OML and Teen Jean, so there's that, plus he is going to flesh out adult Bobby's sexuality and reconcile that with his teenaged self. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room for Storm who will have to share the remaining space with Kurt. She'll probably be in the background giving orders in fights while her powers will likely be restricted to throwing a lightning bolt here or there as the other aspects of her powers, her massive power levels, and the potential creative applications of her abilities are largely ignored.

Thank you. Storm will not always be the start on every issue cos it's a teambook. She will not always be the one who saves the day. But I hope Lemire will make Storm's leadership and compassion awesome.

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say that we have alot to look foward to for storm. I mean she is the leader of the X-Men. And i fill like she is still here for a reason. Can't wait to see her grow more and more powerful. But still we have the others who going to get the spotlight sometimes. So it's going to interesting to see where this will go.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the idea of giving each member a spotlight cos it ruins why they're all a team. I don't want to see like let';s Storm Storm will be spotlighted on the first issue, then Magik on the second issue, then Kurt on the third issue, etc. That's not how a teambook should be written. I mean, I'm fine if each of them are given a spotlight but not like the whole issue. Or I'm fine with each member giving a spotlight for as long as it's not done on every issue like on the 5th issue, one of the members will get a spotlight. The next one who will get a spotlight will be on the 11th issue. Then the next will be on the 19th issue, etc.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't consider A-Force cos it's not 616 Storm.

I didn't consider X-men '92 either as well as Thors.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I am happy 616 Storm survives Secret Wars and has a role with high potential for her in the long term. Another solo would be lovely and most welcomed, but I am very happy to see her at the helm of this brand new X-title. Besides we don't know if this is the only book she will appear. She has significant relationships in other books as well (though maybe not as part of the official roster).

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am happy 616 Storm survives Secret Wars and has a role with high potential for her in the long term. Another solo would be lovely and most welcomed, but I am very happy to see her at the helm of this brand new X-title. Besides we don't know if this is the only book she will appear. She has significant relationships in other books as well (though maybe not as part of the official roster).

Which books?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing which is prolly the last set of books that we will get after Secret Wars, it would really look like 616 Storm will only appear in one book. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.